It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs our loved ones give when they pass away...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Zaimless,
Sometimes I find that when I stop trying or stop anticipating something, it usually happens. Things from the paranormal usually happen when you least expect it. Perhaps if you just try to let your mind be at ease, who knows, maybe something will happen

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi Everyone...

Today is the 1st anniversary of my mom passing away (I can tell its going to be a long, sad day already) and I just wanted to thank you all for sharing your stories. I want to send my condolences to all of you who had loved ones that have passed away. I hope these stories help ease some of your grief. They helped me, so thank you very much!

With your help I've come to the undeniable conclusion that what happened to me was real and that our loved ones don't just “stop existing”. I know now that they are simply in a different place and that they sometimes have the ability to say good-bye before they leave. I think they can see how badly we hurt and want to show us that they really are ok. It’s just an incredible, almost indescribable experience (without someone who hasn’t experienced it themselves thinking you’re nuts) when that huge weight of grief is suddenly lifted and you can laugh once again.

I haven't had another sign since she passed one year ago today. I'm hoping she will just say "hi" in her own little way if she has the chance today but it’ll be ok too if she doesn't. I also haven't, that I can recall, had any dreams of her which I think is strange. Maybe it was that she was allowed that one moment to say her good-byes and that’s it. But we'll see.

Anyway, thanks again! This thread has helped me, and I hope others, a lot!

Best Regards,
Mecheng

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I was 14 years old at the time, George, my paternal great grandfather, aged 80, was staying with my grandmother ( his second youngest daughter) due to age related infirmity. He was mobile in short bursts but most of the time he needed walking sticks to support him.
He was with my grandparents for almost a year until age related health problems took their toll and he was admitted to hospital.
George had a napoleon clock (his most treasured posession) sporting a solid walnut casing and a genuine silver faceplate with matching hands and a hinged dome glass front. This was a family heirloom and was considered valuable.
After two weeks in hospital and diminishing health George began to lose his grip on life and a phone call from the hospital at 22.00 informed us he was fading rapidly.
We sat in my grandparents house, my father, mother and brother waiting....
...the clock chimed at 22.15 and within seconds the domed glass face split, cracked and from the sound it made it shattered.
One phone call to the hospital confirmed George died at 22.15.
I never heard a similar sound until I watched the movie Poltergeist and the memory came flooding back to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Great to hear your doing well mecheng, there are some compelling stories here.

I have one to share, it was a fews day after my greatgrandmother passed away, i did think about it often but id have times where other things were on my mind but she was always in the back of my mind. I lived with her for quite some time when i was younger and helped her, made her lunches and that to ease the burden off my grandmother who was taking care of her and working full time they were very close. I was staying with my grandmother because of family issues so i to became close to my gg, i moved to a different city to be with my mother again and she had recently put up a picture of gg and pappy who died 12 years earlier, now they were both together. I was out in the front having a smoke a few days after my ggs passing when a little rabbit had come close to the house and just stared at me, at this time it was almost like my gg had been saying something to me but i didn't know exactly what. I was on the computer surfing and whatnot the next day or two in the house by myself when i heard something crash, did not think to much of it untill it was the picture of my great grandparents, which did send a little chill but in a good way. My mother had arrived home earlier and did not tell her about it but learned that grandma was comming down for a visit. The day came when grandma was set to arrive and the picture had fallen again, again did not think to much of it but if anything it was comforting, even if coincidental. Grams was only staying for one day and the night she stayed the ceiling fan we have has those little chain pulls to adjust etc. it was banging against the glass casing to house the bulb all night something that has never happened before. The next morning Gram was getting ready to leave and we had joined each other in the backyard for a smoke and tea before she left, i decided to tell her about the picture falling and the ceiling fan sounds but she was somewhat skeptical, then i told her about the rabbit staring at me and the thought of gg going though my mind like she wanted to tell me something and at that moment the same rabbit had come from the bushes in the backyard and sat and stared at both of us, my grams started to shed a few tears and we both felt something really special.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Very nice thread! Thanks for starting it.

My two stories (they're not earth shattering, but then, they don't have to be):

My mother passed away from cancer when I was 22 years old. The day after she passed away, I was driving to the grocery store and was stopped at a stop light. As I waited for the light to turn green, the unmistakable smell of my parents bathroom filled the car! My dad never really cared much about the bathroom. His opinion was that is just the room where you use the bathroom and take a shower. My mother, on the other hand, viewed it as her little sanctuary and I always associated that mix of perfume, soap etc. with my mother. So I have no doubt that it was her way of letting me know everything was OK.

About five years ago I decided to quit my job and move. This decision was hard for me as I had lived in the same town my whole life - all my freinds were there, my father, everything - except I wasn't moving forward. My job had come to a dead-end and I couldn't find another job that would challenge me, and I had become bored with the town. I needed a change, but, I'm also scared of change. Not terrified, but scared. I went to visit my mothers grave and asked her to give me a little bit of help to make the change easier. As soon as I said that, a breeze blew a petal off the fake flowers that were in the vase by her grave and it landed in my open hand. I know in my heart it was my mother letting me know everything would turn out OK ( and you know what, that move was one of the best decisions I ever made!). For the last five years, I have carried that fake flower petal in my wallet.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I'm new to ATS and this is my first post so please forgive me if I make any faux pas!

I have had several personal experiences of communicating with those who have passed on, both human and animal, but the one that convinced me that it could not be my imagination playing tricks happened as follows.

One day a friend (I'll call her Sophie here) and I took our children to the circus. She was very quiet and nervous that day which was very out of character. The last time I ever saw her was as she waved through the window of her car as she was leaving.

Two days later a mutual friend of ours came to see me, very concerned because Sophie had disappeared - no clothes taken, nor passport, no message left for her children to whom she was devoted. Her husband told the police she had just got up and left in the night and he didn't know where she had gone.

Well they searched for her for 3 weeks and found no sign of her. Meanwhile our mutual friend was phoning or visiting me daily telling me how worried she was and she was certain that she was dead. Then one day she asked me to go out into the garden with her, out of earshot of our children because she didn't want them to hear what she wanted to tell me. She said that the previous night, as she lay in bed, she had focused very hard on Sophie and that she had managed to connect with her. She told me that she was in a very dark confined space, and that the right hand side of her head hurt very much. She said that her wrists and ankles were very sore and felt like they were tied. We decided that she should contact the detective involved and risk being labelled a fruit loop, so she called him there and then.

It took the police two more days before they started to dig up her back garden.
They found her body buried, wrapped in bin liners, with her wrists and ankles bound together. The right hand side of her head was smashed in.

Her husband is still in prison.

Her beautiful daughters now live with their grandparents.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My mother died when I was in the Army and she would not have died if I did not go into the Army (she was doing one of my chores when she was in an accident which led to her death.....for which I am responsible - it was my job to do...not her's....and I will never forgive myself ).......I never had a sign, not a peep, not a sound, not a shadow.....NOTHING !!......Good for you if you got a sign......but I never did....so to me its all BS, utter crap and nonsense.

Where was my whisper of "its not your fault".......
Where was my sign from her letting me know she was ok......
Where was my dream with her talking to me........

Answer: Nowhere - Not coming - It will never come.

Know why ???......

When you die there is NOTHING.

There is NO god
There is NO devil.
There is NO afterlife.....PERIOD.

If you do not like my post...too bad...it's my opinion on this post ...like it or not.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
My mother died when I was in the Army and she would not have died if I did not go into the Army (she was doing one of my chores when she was in an accident which led to her death.....for which I am responsible - it was my job to do...not her's....and I will never forgive myself )

AG - I'm very sorry to hear that. It's bad enough when a loved one dies but I can't imagine the guilt and frustration you're carrying and I fully understand your viewpoint on this subject. I'm not going to preach to you that you have to believe anything any of us are saying... in fact in my opening post I was asking for some other viewpoints because what happened to me, although I now know it was real, others like my father still aren't sure.

I wish I would hear from her again but honestly, I haven’t. It’s been over a year and not a whisper, a vision, or a dream. Which makes me wonder if what happened when she died wasn’t just a simple coincidence or us seeing things but at the very least it helped... a lot. And so I’m moving ahead with the belief that it was her and now she’s in a better place and can no longer communicate.

I really wish something similar would have happened to you. I don't know why my mom was able to say good-by and not yours but I don't think that means that yours hasn't tried or that she still isn't trying. That's beyond me to know. All I can say is that I'm really sorry and hope someday something will happen that will ease your sorrow and guilt.

Take care and good luck to you.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Awww ((((((((Cyber Hugd to Alpha)))))))))))))))

I'm sorry for your loss and your pain.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
My mother died when I was in the Army and she would not have died if I did not go into the Army (she was doing one of my chores when she was in an accident which led to her death.....for which I am responsible - it was my job to do...not her's....and I will never forgive myself ).......I never had a sign, not a peep, not a sound, not a shadow.....NOTHING !!......Good for you if you got a sign......but I never did....so to me its all BS, utter crap and nonsense.

Where was my whisper of "its not your fault".......
Where was my sign from her letting me know she was ok......
Where was my dream with her talking to me........

Answer: Nowhere - Not coming - It will never come.
Know why ???......

When you die there is NOTHING.

There is NO god
There is NO devil.
There is NO afterlife.....PERIOD.
If you do not like my post...too bad...it's my opinion on this post ...like it or not.
[edit on 13-11-2006 by Alpha Grey]

It is not in any way your fault, you are not responsible, of that I am quite sure. If you had not enlisted, I feel that if it was her time, nothing would have changed that. I have lived through things that should have killed me, and I didn't get a scratch on me. I know people who tried to end their own lives, only to fail due to inexplicable events which stopped them even though they tried a few times in a row. The reasons why and when we go are a mystery to me, but from what I have seen we are not at fault for others deaths unless it is a case of murder. Your mother must have been wonderful for you to miss her so. I wish and hope that sometime soon you do get a comforting sign that you can't deny. In my case, my mom pleaded for me to stay the night, but I chose to go home and return the next morning. Seven AM my grandma called, and I wished I had stayed so badly.
Similar circumstances happened when my stepdad died, my brother asked me to join him and visit the hospital, which meant missing work. I declined, and he died the next day, just after my bro's visit. In that case, my guilt lasted for a few weeks, and a dream I had was what made it disappear. In the dream, my stepdad said not to worry about it, it was okay, and when I awoke, the heavy feeling in my heart was totally gone. Maybe it was just a dream.
I don't believe in God, but I do believe in the soul surviving physical death. Of course I don't 'know' it does.
My sympathies, Alpha Grey, and if you don't get a sign, I believe that there must be a very good reason for that. If your mom was able to send you one, I think she would.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Our loved ones never really leave us and if we are attuned they will always send us a message.

Firstly, the story of my who passed away after 3-years battling cancer. On the day of her funeral as you can imagine we were all very distressed in particularly my 13-year-old nephew. We were sitting on a bench at the crematorium and two of the most beautiful butterflies circled around our heads. We believe this was the spirit of my mother and my sister just letting us know they were together and that all was OK.

The next day at my Dad’s house we were washing the dishes and my Dad felt a flick across his backside. My Mother used to flick people with a tea towel if you were not doing the dishes just so. We knew my Mother was just saying her last goodbyes and reminding us all she would be watching.

My sister also passed away from cancer. She battled for 8-months and on the morning she passed over she came to me. I heard her voice saying ‘I am leaving’. Ten minutes later I received a phone call to say she had passed on.

I also have a wonderful experience with one of my animals who passed away and a message he also sent because he knew I would be completely devastated.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There are some very touching stories on this thread and so many that I can relate to. Thanks to you all for sharing them.

I have to confess that I am something of an impostor here because I do not have a contact or message experience to relate but rather something a little more generic following the death of my Dad earlier this year.

So far in my life I have been really fortunate with both of my parents living to good ages and grandparents dying when I was relatively young and too unaware of the situation to full appreciate the effects on those around them but my Dad's death cut me deeper than the old cynic that I am ever expected.

In the Spring of this year I spent six weeks watching my Dad lie in an intensive care bed trying to overcome the effects of massive emergency heart surgery. Throughout that time and as he gradually progressed through recovery he spent most of his last weeks looking more like part of a machine than a human being and spent the vast majority of it unconscious. However, for some reason, underneath the tubes and sensors and despite very often having to watch from a distance behind a clutch of nurses and doctors my Dad was there in that bed. I won't say he was fighting for his life, it's a dramatic statement but not representative of him or those weeks, he gave the impression of simply getting on with the business of doing his best which is how he always approached life.

Ultimately he recovered enough to be moved to a general surgical ward where I spoke with him for some hours as he was more lucid than he had been for many weeks although still unable to eat normally and still requiring help with breathing. He died that night when I was hundreds of miles away.

When I reached the hospital at about 5.00 am I was able to see his body, the first time I had ever seen a dead person, and now, (at last), is the crux of the story. For weeks my Dad had looked utterly unlike he had ever done in his life, unconscious, on a ventilator, being fed intravenously, with more tubes in his body that I could comprehend and in an utterly alien environment, but he was my Dad, he was there, behind all the equipment he was there. That morning with no tubes, no strained breathing, no pain, looking more normal that he had for weeks, he was gone, my Dad was not in that bed, only a body.

It's something I simply cannot explain but if I ever wanted proof of the existence of a soul, (whatever that may be), then I got it that morning because whatever my Dad's soul was it had left him that morning. So far I have had no contact from him and I don't honestly expect it but I am now so utterly convinced that we are more than a collection of chemicals and electrical impulses that I would never blindly write off a story of such a contact. Those of you who have experienced it must treasure it immensely.

Sorry to ramble on... as you were.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thanks for that. I know what you mean about just knowing he was not in there anymore. I can't explain it, but I believe that you could tell. I had a similar feeling when my partner was in a coma, I knew she would come out of it, and said so, even when the neurologist said she would not. No one else could tell, but I knew she would, and for awhile I couldn't sense her in there. One day, a few weeks later, for no particular reason, I knew she was in there, and I was very glad.
It is a paradox, I know that it was not for sure she would recover, and that it was not up to me, and there was no way I could know she would defy the diagnosis, and I admitted that, but always added....'but she will.'

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
My story is slightly different and may not belong here. But, here goes.

When I was a teen a close friend and next-door neighbor used to hang out at my house all the time. He'd been there too many times to count and when he'd leave he'd say "see ya" or something along those lines and kind of in passing as he was leaving.

One particular day as he was leaving he turned to me, put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Goodbye, James". I thought it was rather formal and kind of odd, so I grabbed him by both shoulders, and put a big, exaggerated hug on him and said, "Goodbye, Misha". He died later that afternoon.

This small even has stuck with me the past 17 years.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The ability of people to "know" they are leaving and to take the time to say good-bye is very interesting as well. Besides my mom, I've heard many other stories (can't remember them right now) where loved ones who are dieing are able to say their good-byes before they go. Almost like God has granted them bonus time to do what they have to do before they leave for good. I’d really like to know how they “know”. And from what I’ve heard, it seems like they are fully at peace during that time and in better shape health wise than they had been in a long time if only for a short period of time. As though their pain and suffering have subsided for awhile while they do what they have to do.

I stated this in my first post, but my mom had her heart attack in the morning and although she never regained consciousness she held out until we were all able to come to the hospital and say good-bye. This is hard for me, but that morning, while she laid unconscious in bed, I kept telling her to "hang in there and fight... that she will be alright if she only fought it". But as the day went on and after all of the family arrived I came to the realization that she wasn't going to get better and that she was only holding on until we could all be there to see her one last time. I then told her "that we all love her and will miss her but that it's ok to let go now". She died shortly after.

The other interesting thing is that my brother was working in L.A. that week and had a plane ticket home the evening mom passed away. For some reason he decided to change flights and take the red-eye home. He got home in the morning which gave him time to come to the hospital and say good-bye before mom passed.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Let me preface this by saying that most of these experiences can be quickly explained in psychological terms -- our inherent need to divine meaning from tragedy has our subconscious seeking "signs" of an afterlife and more importantly, that our loved ones are fine.

Be that as it may, I too had a couple of interesting signs that, when I get down or bogged into the stresses of life, I dwell on for peace.

My dad was my best friend. Sure, we had our bouts when i was a teenager, but it was nothing ever serious. And toward the end of his life, I could plainly say that no one in the world did I trust more or rely on more for support.

He died of a sudden heart attack five years ago while out jogging with my mom. Like many here experienced, his sudden death left me in complete shock.

The first "sign" as it was concerned lighting. I've heard this before from others as well. The first full day following his death, I walked out to the garage to throw trash away and noticed that the interior lights of his car were on. No one had been in the garage, or even especially his car, the entire time, and no one could remember the lights on previously.

Then all the week of his funeral, with family converging on our house from all over the country, the overhead light in his and my mom's bedroom continued to flicker. It never went completely out, but would just flicker. After the funeral, the flickering ceased. The bulb never needed changing and is still in the fixture today.

But perhaps the most poignant experience for me was a dream. I was relatively newly married when he died, experiencing the stresses of making a life with someone else and just still depressed and angry over his death, and bordering on being overwhelmed. I'm a Catholic as well, and my parents are both lapsed, so while I believe we must trust in God's overall mercy, a part of me dreaded the thought that my father was in hell or limbo or in a bad place. I'm not saying my beliefs are right or wrong, but in the Catholic bubble of where I live, this is a concern.

Anyway, the dream I had was just so real....weird in ways, but very real...I was sitting at a table just completely stressed out, looking over papers. I remember my wife was next to me, pressuring me about something (sorry honey), and my best friend and his wife were hovering over me as well. In my dream, I was just about to lose it when suddenly I looked up and saw a brilliant light. And my father emerged silhouetted from it. I clearly remember uttering "daddy," with awe and relief and love. He came into view wearing a handsome navy suit, just beaming at me.

He then walked by me and I watched him as he crossed a busy street toward an arcade he used to take me to as a child. I used to love that place; it no longer exists, hasn't since probably 1985. But we would go there on our "bachelor nights out" as we called them growing up, when dad and I would go to dinner and play video games in order to give my mom a break.

Wow....didn't realize I'd still be emotional about this even today.

So, while the skeptic in me chalks it up to wishful thinking and my subconscious mind needing some reassurance, the human part of me wants so much to believe that my dad visted me to let me know everything is fine for him and that my life would work out just dandy. And perhaps to tell me that one day we'd meet at the arcade again.

Sorry this is long-winded, but thanks for that outlet.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by behindthescenes]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Let me preface this by saying that most of these experiences can be quickly explained in psychological terms -- our inherent need to divine meaning from tragedy has our subconscious seeking "signs" of an afterlife and more importantly, that our loved ones are fine.

I would have agreed with you... before my mom passed. It was always easy for me to write these "types" of stories off until it actually happened to me and now after hearing all of these stories here and the countless more stories by other people as well. Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure but to me, just by simply playing the odds, there comes a certain point where the evidence is too overwhelming to write them off anymore as just filling a psychological need. And the problem from "my side" is that there's no way to confirm my argument... My mom can't come down and say "yes, that was me who moved the clouds around like that... did you like it?" And unless it also happens to skeptics (like me before mom passed) you logically pass it off as fulfilling some sort of psychological need. But we could argue all day and nobody will ever know for sure until we too pass on.

With me, I've never seen clouds that form like that in the clear sky (see first post). I know my story sounds stupid and that people just write it off that I was seeing things or seeing what I wanted/needed to see but unless you were there it's hard to argue against it. There could have been countless other things that I could have seen as a sign but there weren’t, just that one and it was so obvious and, for lack of a better word, so shocking that it had to be her.

I don't want to sound like I'm a traumatized person that isn't in touch with reality. I'm and engineer... a logical, conservative and typically skeptical person myself. But I've replayed it over and over and that's the only conclusion I can come up with.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I would have agreed with you... before my mom passed. It was always easy for me to write these "types" of stories off until it actually happened to me and now after hearing all of these stories here and the countless more stories by other people as well. Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure but to me, just by simply playing the odds, there comes a certain point where the evidence is too overwhelming to write them off anymore as just filling a psychological need.

Maybe in the end, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if our mind was seeking "signs" or if in fact our loved ones were contacting us from the afterlife. Maybe even God simply catered to our pain and needs by creating signs.

I suppose it doesn't matter because the net effect for all of us is to provide comfort, consolation and, best of all, hope.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree, that events such as the death of a loved one will make you look for signs that will bring you comfort...This does not mean that I do not believe supernatural things can, and do, happen after such events...I believe it all goes back to our awareness to the spiritual realm...It is my belief that we are constantly surrounded by these signs, but events such as this can increase our awareness to those signs....

Enough of the psychobabble, time for my personal, and one not so personal, experiences on the matter....

The first one came when I lost my Uncle to cancer...I was about 14 or 15...When it happened, I was out of state with my mother (my parents are divorced) for a family reunion type thing...We got the call and had to head home early...

Right before my Uncle became sick, we had gotten closer than we ever were...He was my dad's brother, and I think he kind of felt the need to be a little fatherly since he lived closer to me than my dad....I would go over there and spend the night with my cousin, my Uncle would pick me up after school sometimes and take me hunting or something....just things like my dad would have done if he had the time, or was closer to me...

At the funeral, I was very emotional....even at the dinner after the funeral, I broke down at the table...I was mad at myself that I didn't get to say goodbye...I felt guilty that I never got to have my parting words....

Months later, I still thought about him constantly, and that I never had the chance to say goodbye...One night, I had a vivid dream...I was driving down the highway and I saw someone standing on the side of it.....as I passed by, I saw it was my Uncle and he was illuminated (kind of like a spotlight on him)....he was smiling and waving as I drove passed him...He looked good, not like my last image of him...I woke up weeping, but it was if a great weight had been lifted off of me....It was like I actually felt he was really present in the dream...

Experience numbers 2 and 3 come from my experiences with my wife and her family....

In 2004, my wife lost both her grandmother and her aunt, from cancer, and only 10 days apart...

Her aunt was the first to go, and the morning after the funeral and everything was over, we were on our way home (they lived over 700 miles away)...we were driving down the highway at dawn and my wife suddenly got very emotional.....she was driving, and I was trying to calm her...I told her (my exact words) "Don't worry, we will see her again....She is in a better place than this world now....You'll see that she will always be with us in spirit....She will give us signs from time to time to let us know we aren't alone"....no more than ten seconds later, a bright shooting star shot from one side of the sky to the other..I know it happens often, but the timing was amazing.....

Her grandmother then passed 10 days later, and we took the road trip again....At the viewing, we were all sitting in the viewing room...my wife was upset, as was her mother.....We had just gotten there and had not approached the casket yet...as we got up and walked over (just me and my wife), I was telling her to be strong, and that her grandmother would always be with us....We stood over the casket for a few minutes and to our right, we heard a noise...The way the casket was positioned, there was a mantle at the foot of it...they had placed pictures of her grandmother and other family members on the mantle...We stepped over and saw that one of the pictures was lying face down....I lifted it up and set it back up...we were given chills when we realized it was a picture of my wife and her grandmother and grandfather sitting on their couch.....I checked the frame and it was very sturdy and hard to just nudge over or shake the mantle enough to make it fall....it was my conclusion that it was pushed....

That by itself was strange enough, but then something else happened after everyone had passed through and viewed the casket

We were sitting around waiting to leave...My wife was still weeping a little and had here head pretty much buried in her hands..At the foot of the head of the casket was a wreath on a stand....this was the wreath that was in my I and my wife's name...I just happened to be looking over at it and I swear, it moved side to side on it's stand, not once, but twice....I immediately looked around for anyone else's reaction and my mother in law asked "Did you see that?"...I knew she had seen it too....I got up and inspected the stand and it was very sturdy...I wondered if it might just be settling on the floor, but then thought about the large amount of people that had walked by it.....If it was going to settle, it would have had enough time and even enough pressure on the floor around it to do so by that time....I knew some force had to have acted upon it to move it....

EDIT: I forgot to add, that as we got into the car for the return trip home from her grandmother's funeral, the song that was playing as we cut on the radio was about an angel..I can't remember the specific song, but the first word we heard was a soothing voice saying "Angel"....I think this one was coincidence, but a strange one....

The 4th incident I know of was relayed to me by my best friend....His mother died while he was in high school and his younger brother was in middle school...She, too, had cancer....He told me that his mother had told him that when she died, she was going to come back every now and then and turn the living room light on to let him know she was there...

The week after she passed, their father would take him and his brother out after school to get their minds off of it....They would come home to find the living room light on every time....They made sure to turn all the lights out before they left every day...He told me of several times where they were just sitting there watching television and the light switch would turn on....this all happened during the first month or so, and has even still happened in their new home....It's gotten rarer and rarer, but he will swear to this day that she is still here in some form or another.....

Hope you haven't fallen asleep reading my long post, but I figured I'd share since everyone else was...

[edit on 15-11-2006 by JSquared]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I managed to stay awake, thanks. In your dream about your uncle, I know just what you mean when you say you felt like he was really there. I felt the same feeling, and it is very hard to describe, but it is unmistakeable. When I awoke after my dream with my late step dad, and instantly noticed my heavy feeling was gone, I recalled the dream and just felt sure he was there for real. People would say maybe it was just a dream, and I can't say it wasn't, but it sure felt different than any other dream. Either way, when I awoke I was so totally uplifted that it clearly helped me.
The sign that my coworkers wife sent him was unbelievable, and when he shared what she had said a week before she died, about what the sign would be, I was the only one who believed him. The rest of the people there just had these looks of scepticism, but I was amazed. I have taken a course in probabilities and statistics, and if it was a coincidence, I would love to see someone calculate the odds of that happening....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join