It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs our loved ones give when they pass away...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by proudtobeadavis

I am so, so sorry for all your troubles. I so hope things turn around for you very soon. All this stress will make you sick, you know. There are sites you can go on to discuss your grief with others. You will find comfort there.

I think your father saw someone who looked like him, and put the thought in the guys head to come into the store. I surely do.

If you need your father now, tell him out loud. When you are alone. Tell him you need to know he is there for you, and then ask him to do something you can see. He won't do it in front of you, usually. So ask him to do something, and then leave the room and return. If he can do it, he will. See, he wants to do something to make you feel better, but he doesn't know what to do. Tell him.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Good thread OP.
I have two stories about my dad. He had cancer and we all knew he was going soon. I live 3,000 miles away and when my sister called I hopped on a plane asap. When I arrived he said " I'm so glad you got here before I left". My sis said he kept seeing a door and wanted to go but was waiting for me. He was dead within 45 minutes of my arrival.

The summer before he passed I went to visit him.
I had a gold fake fingernail which was the fad back then and sometime during my visit it came off and was lost.
We searched and searched but alas!
He told me he would find it for me but it never turned up. The first time I was alone in the house after he passed; I was sitting in the livingroom and just got up, walked to the corner and lifted the carpet; low and behold; there was my fingernail! I had done a lot of cleaning for him and it must have popped off while doing the carpet! I said "Thanks Dad"!

About a month later my four year old and I were on the livingroom floor playing a game when she started looking up at the celing saying "Hi GrandPa" "Hi grandpa:, I didn't see him but my daughter sure did!
It was most surprising but I liked it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
I am reading a book about this subject. It's called, "Hello From Heaven!". Has anyone heard or read this book? I just started it about two days ago, it is written by Bill & Judy Guggenhem.

-- Boat

Yes. They also have a website, and you can talk to them. Judy was so kind and helpful to me when my mother passed away.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hello everyone,
this is my first post here and I want to say it's been amazing reading everyone's experiences. My mom died last month, and she and I were incredibly close, almost like twins in our likes dislikes. As you might imagine, her death hit me very hard and I am in deep distress and grief but there have been a few unusual things that have happened since she passed that I definitely see as signs of her communicating. The first was a dream on the one month anniversary of her death, almost to the day. She came to me so clearly, as if we were in the same room together and denied that she was dead. I said, very matter of factly (which was odd), "yeah, mom, you are dead". She argued with me a bit (she was kinda feisty lol), and I said again very conversationally, "well, yeah, you are dead you died in August". So the she said, "were the flowers pretty?" Meaning the flowers on her casket. I said, "yeah, they were really nice" Again, all very ordinary conversation, very weird. Then she said, "well, I already know that tho". I said, "Oh really,why?" She said, "because those two girls told me". In the dream I was totally confused as to what two girls she meant (me and my sister were the only ones at her little memorial), but in the dream I was confused. I said, "What two girls?" She just said again, "those two girls who were there." And then I woke up. Of course, I immediately realized who the "two girls were" - me and my sister, and we had indeed exclaimed how pretty the flowers were (yellow roses) on her casket and said how pretty they were. Wow, super weird dream. I was so shook by this dream I got up and got a drink of water and went back to bed. I immediately went into a second dream, with both my mom and dad (he passed 9 years ago). We were all in Hawaii, and they were both sitting up on the sandy shore, but I was in the water wading. It was the most beautiful water, clear, warm, lovely. But I wasn't wearing a bathing suit, just a long t-shirt. I heard my mom in the distance say to my dad, "She can't go swimming like that, she has no bathing suit." And my dad turned to her very sweetly and said, "she'll be okay". Again my mom said, "no, she needs her bathing suit." Again my dad said, "she'll be okay". I woke up feeling comforted, that BOTH parents were somehow reuinted and my mom was worried about me, my future, yet my dad was telling her things would be okay.
Another weird thing, when my mom was in hospice, we were on the 7th floor and I looked out the window and saw what looked like a cross or an X marks the spot in the sky. It was from military contrails but I had never seen a marking like that before, like a sideways cross. I took several photos and just found it an odd sight to see. A few days after my mom died, we had a thunderstorm..........but then........a BEAUTIFUL rainbow. I swear I hadn't seen a rainbow in years. I can't recall the last time I saw a rainbow, it was actually a DOUBLE rainbow. Again, I ran and got my camera and got several great shots before it faded. Even more - my mom had begun feeling sick a few days before Michael Jackson passed. In fact, we watched his service at home, while she rested in bed. Anyway, after she passed, I was going through her things...little clippings and funny things she clipped from the newspaper. Lo and behold, I found the words to "Gone Too Soon" clipped from a news column. I then recalled that about six months prior, she had said, "what is this song?" I told her it was a pretty MJ song and she said "I really like these lyrics"....it was almost like she had a premonition, and when I found those lyrics it gets even weirder because it mentions a rainbow in that song. I had never actually paid any attention to the lyrics, but I sat and read them and when I saw the word "Rainbow" I just wept and wept. Other strange things too, but that's just a sample. I miss her so bad my heart literally aches, but these signs did and do give me comfort.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bluebutterflygirl

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is. Thank you for sharing your stories here.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind words. The signs have continued, the most recent being: when my dad died, I found pennies everywhere I went, but when I started feeling okay about his death, they stopped. I wondered if I would find pennies after my mom, but didn't think I would. Well, I recently got up the courage to leave the house to get a few groceries, so grief stricken I've been, crying and near breakdown but I forced myself to get in the car and drive a few blocks. After getting my groceries, I pushed my cart back to the car and this parking lot was FULL of potholes, just a mess. I was reallly cursing these potholes, just furious that any place would let their parking lot get in that condition. Apparently, I had parked right in back of a pothole and I had to open the hatchback of my wagon to load my groceries, so my eye was perfectly lined up to look down at the pothole. And guess what.........slap dab in the middle of the pothole was a penny. I nearly fainted. At first I thought it was a wad of paper or gum or something, but I bent over and picked it up and it was a penny. I just stood there and wept. It was as if it had been PLACED there. It was such a strange place for a penny...the pothole wasn't deep, just a typical gouged out pothole, but most pennies I've found have been on the sidewalk or just outside the door where people leave a store. I thought it was ultra bizarre BUT the fantastic thing was, I felt she was saying, "good for you. You did a hard thing today, you got out of the house, you forced yourself, you had courage, and I'm here to give you a sign, so here is your penny." It's just been amazing....there's been other things too. When I walked into the store, they were playing that song with the lyrics, "take these broken wings and learn to fly..." I cried for the first few minutes I was in the store and had to stand off to the corner because I felt the song was absolutely for me. (that was before the penny outside!) That was quite a day.....I know she is sending me these signs because she KNOWS how bad I hurt, and when we get these signs, it's meant to comfort us. That's the whole point of why our loved ones do this......it's all they CAN do from the realm they are now in. It's amazing........really.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I was wondering if we could have a discussion about stories relating to “signs” that loved ones give after they have passed away. If you feel these stories are just our imagination, I would like to hear from you as well, but please be respectful.

As a kid, a friend of mine told me about how the night after his grandfather passed away, his grandfather appeared to him at the foot of his bed just before falling asleep. My friend thought that his grandfather was just saying good-bye on his way to heaven. He hadn’t had another experience with respect to his grandfather since.

Back then, I was trying to be respectful but felt that it was just his imagination, until it happened to me…

I believe my mother was an angel sent to earth. She was a “typical” housewife who took care of four boys (me, three brothers) and my dad. Her passion was helping others. I never knew another person like her. She only gave and never asked for anything in return. An interesting thing about her is that she loved to keep notes, birthday cards, calendars, etc from her family. She was always thinking of you and let you know by dropping notes in hidden places (like school lunch, etc).

A few months ago, she was taken to the hospital and we were informed that she had heart failure due to diabetes. This was very unexpected. She was always healthy as an ox. The doctors tried their best, but after a long, traumatic day, they informed us that there was nothing left that they could do for her and sadly she passed away. We were devastated (and exhausted after an entire day of crying). I still can’t believe she’s gone.

Afterwards, my brothers and my dad went outside for a cigarette. I went off on my own and sat down on a bench to say a prayer and to say good-bye to her. It was dusk and quickly getting dark. The night sky was clear and dark blue. After I said my prayer and told her I loved her, I looked up towards heaven. In an instant I suddenly noticed that there were clouds in the sky that distinctly formed a “smiley face”! The clouds were orange (from the sun setting) and formed two eyes, a nose, and a curved smile underneath! There were absolutely NO OTHER CLOUDS in the sky. And, I’ve never seen a curved (smile) cloud before.

I quickly ran to my wife and asked her if she saw what I saw and she said she did. We then ran together to my dad and brothers and we all stared in amazement until the clouds dissipated. We couldn’t believe it! We were laughing… It was amazing. It was like a huge weight was lifted from our chests. We felt good again (for a while) and knew that that was her telling us she was alright and not to worry. The funny thing is, is that the “smiley” face note is just the way she would have done it too.

At her funeral, my dad’s aunt (who is into paranormal and psychic stuff) asked him if he received a sign yet and he told her that story. She said that was absolutely her and definitely was a sign.

PS – My brother was in LA for work and had an airplane ticket home the day mom died. For some reason, he decided to change it and take the red-eye home the night before which allowed him to say good-bye before she passed on. I believe God got him on the early plane and that mom held on until he got there.

Please feel free to contribute your similar stories. I sometimes wonder if I was just imagining it or that it was just a coincidence. Contributions from you will help reaffirm that it wasn’t my imagination and that these things do happen to many people. Again, I would also like to hear from people who think it was not really a sign, but just a “natural occurrence”… but again please be respectful. Thanks!

This thread was one of my first, and one of the reasons I decided to join ATS. I wanted to come here to explain what happened to me after mom passed away, and to see if I was crazy.

Well, its been about five years since I started this thread, and sadly I haven't had many other experiences like that (signs from mom) since then. I still cling to the belief that the clouds were real, and were a sign from mom saying 'good bye' to us. However, I don't think anyone else feels the same... not my wife, brothers, or even dad. At the time, they all seemed to agree that it was a sign, but now - 5 years later - they all seem to think it was either a coincidence, us 'fitting' the clouds to what we wanted at the time (like when you see elephants or dinosaurs in a cloud formation), or just our imagination.

But I still see those clouds like it was yesterday... and the smiley face was the only clouds in the sky! So I guess I'm the only one left who still 'believes'.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hey Everyone, I have one small example I would like to share.

Most of my mothers family live in another country, so there is not much contact between us.

When I was about 7 or 8, I woke up a little earlier than usual. The very first thought in my head was "grandpa has passed away". Seconds later the phone rang and a moment after that I heard my mother crying in the kitchen(he passed away,duh). I had absolutely no idea that my grandfather was sick/dying. I hadn't even thought about him around the time this happened. There was no way for me to know or expect any of this. I guess the only explanation would be that it was grandpa coming through giving me the heads up to be ready/expect to comfort my mother.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi all! I am going to post what happened to me a long time ago to give comfort and hope to those who are grieving. In March 1994 my father passed away after having cancer for a year. I grieved intensely, he was a truely good kind person who was smart and worked incredibly hard in life. I was really proud to be his daughter, and lucky. I had a misscarriage in January 1995, and found out that a brother and his wife purposely aborted their baby. I was very upset... I really needed to talk to my father. One night, I had this out of body dream where I was
in this light filled apartment with open windows along one whole wall. All I could see was difuse white light, I could smell the ocean and hear the sea gulls. There was a bed with Dad's shoes lined up under it, and a coffee
table with his favorite magazines on it, a closet which was closed, and a couch under the windows. There was
no bathroom, and no kitchen. I was pacing around in the room in front of the door which opened, and he came in wearing a suit. He was absolutely shocked to see me standing there. Shocked. I said" Dad I need to tell you something and discuss it, it is really bothering me...." He proceeded to put down his brief case and take off his shoes listening to my baby dilemas. He told me don't worry about the baby it wasn't meant to be yet, and my brother was in deep trouble for what he did. He was disturbed by that too. We made minor small talk and then he
took me down stairs below the bedroom/livingroom to his massive workshop. I then later woke up, finished feeling sad and lost, with renewed hope for the future. It was a turning point for me. I felt like I had traveled along way back into my body. I had one other dream on Easter the next year, he can to get me. As I floated up through the ceiling I said I couldn't leave the baby, who was born in Febuary, and that I needed the diaper bag. We left without all of the stuff and got in a car and started driving through an orchid field and he said he wanted to get out and pick some yellow orchids for my mother. I woke up shortly later feeling more positive. I don't know if I dreamed everything up for myself, or if it were real in a dream state of consciousness. I always have had a few personal preditions come to me before they happened, it is creepy because I can't change the outcome. It's just a feeling sense. My family tolerates me talking about this stuff, but don't believe. I can understand that I don't
always belive what I can't see either. I found out today that I live near the 33 degree latitude, which is ultimate consciousness. Since I have moved here I have nightmares. I feel evil is winning over mankind. It's everywhere.
I worry for all people. The recession has put alot of negative energy out into the world.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
After my grandmother died, I was extremely upset as I was the closest one to her. We had always hung out together so it was quite a shock.

Twice when I was doing random things like just walking through the house or hanging out with a friend, I was reminded of her. It was a smell, her smell, that I would walk through and immediately go "wait, I haven't smelt that smell since. . . "

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When I was a teenager I had an arguement with my family over something, you know how it is. I came up to my bedroom to go to sleep and I felt something looking at me. At the end of my bed I saw a shadow of foot prints and the floor boards under the carpet in that spot creaked. The position my bed is in and its environment couldn't possibly have cast that shadow, theres no way and my bed room is fairly bare. I promptly turned around and power walked to the lounge room where I waited for everyone else to go to sleep to go back up and it was clear by then. My step fathers mother had just passed from cancer. I think she was telling me to try and get on with the family better.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Before my Gramphs passed, I was his carer. He had become very ill with lung cancer and had been through a course of radiotherapy, which really took it out of him. We had a couple of intense weeks with him needing 24hr care and hiding his suffering from us.

Looking back, I think he died as he wanted to- he had the control. He even spent a last time with each of us (didn't realise this at the time). My time involved him telling me lots of things about when he was younger, things that surprised me. He even gave me advise, which was equally surprising.

Anyway, his last weekend on earth, he told me to go away for the weekend- that my Dad could take over. I knew I needed to recharge so I went to stay with my boyfriend. Whilst I was away I had an incredibly restless feeling, like a headless chicken. I really felt that I needed to get home, but dismissed it telling myself I needed the rest. This feeling grew over the weekend until a point where I was sat in a field full of Buttercups (my Gramphs always wanted me to buy some seeds) and I felt completely overwhelmed by this feeling he needed me. My face became red and flushed, like I had had an allergic reaction to something. Still I dismissed my feelings.

Upon returning home, on the Sunday night he was not there. He had rung the doctor as soon as I had left and had himself put in hospital. The pain was too much for him, so he was on morphine. He had made my Dad promise not to contact me. Having had morphine, now after a c-section I now know that the red face and how I was feeling match how I feel on this drug. I should have trusted my gut instinct to come home- as I was sensing something was wrong.

The next morning we arose early to see him at the hospital, as the nurses had called us and warned us he didn't have long. He died, just before we arrived (which is what I believed he wanted). I couldn't see him, it was too much. I left the hospital and as I walked by the park a blackbird landed right by my feet and stared up at me- we both stood completely still looking at me. I really felt it was my Gramphs, giving me a sign that he was free from all his pain and suffering (he loved Blackbirds).

According to my sister, she had visited him over that weekend and he had not been aware of her being there but was staring at someone that she couldn't see and saying don't worry Dad I won't be long.

I don't feel that he has ever truly left me- but that is another story.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My grandmother on my dad's side died a little over ten years ago. She lived with my uncle's family, and he told us of how something happened after she died.

At their home, one of the next-door neighbors had a tree in their yard that had branches hanging slightly over the fence between their back yards. My grandmother disliked the tree being like that and repeatedly asked the neighbor to trim their tree, but the neighbor refused.

The day after my grandmother died (and they took the body to the funeral home in preparation for the funeral), there was a rainstorm. During the storm, the tree that so annoyed my grandmother was struck by lightning and completely destroyed.

My uncle and his family are now convinced that my deceased grandmother had something to do with that.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
When people i love pass away, i'd have dreams about them. I did that with both of my uncles.

One of my dreams i had was about my uncle. I think the dream was a day after his funeral. I was walking around town with my friend. Then all of a sudden, out of a sudden out of nowhere, my uncle appeared. I cried and gave him a big hug and told him that i miss him and love him. Then he pointed towards the river, or a place that led to a camp that is near by, saying "I've got to show you something, its over that way." He kept pointing and saying that. Not too long after he stopped and said "I'll show you some other time. I got to get going." Then i woke up from my dream. Like my uncle knew i was about to wake up from my dream.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

I was wondering if we could have a discussion about stories relating to “signs” that loved ones give after they have passed away. If you feel these stories are just our imagination, I would like to hear from you as well, but please be respectful.

I have lost some who are very dear to me with no signs at all. Before my grandmother passed away I was able to say goodbye even though she was in a coma. She squeezed my hand and that made me believe she heard me. Maybe that's why no sign?

But when my great-uncle passed away (he was 97 but always had perfect health and I thought he would outlive us all) I was on the last day of a 3 day, 4 wheel-drive-only fishing trip 30 miles down Padre Island TX from Corpus Christi. No cell phones worked down there at the time.

On the way back when we first received cell signal, I was stopped on the beach listening to messages and got one from my Mom. I called her and she proceeded to tell me that my uncle had passed away. While I was still on the phone absorbing that news I looked on the floorboard of my truck and saw a photo of my great aunt and late uncle that I had misplaced for at least a year. It was on top of the sand on the drivers side floormat but not scratched or dirty. I picked it up and showed it to my friend who was on the other side of the truck listening to me getting the news, and he just shook his head in disbelief. He was agnostic (at the time) but it seemed to freak him out a little.

I figured the photo had fallen behind the dashboard and stayed there until that moment, because it was still as it was when they gave it me. It could not have been unscathed after 3 days fishing unless it had just fallen.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
After reading some of these posts I feel the need to tell my story...well my families story. My dad passed away a week ago today of pancreatic cancer...he was doing fair and suddenly took a turn for the worst and was gone in 3 days...two weeks prior to his passing my sister had a dream, a dream about our maternal grandmother with whom my dad was very close...she described the dream as being the most realistic dream she has ever had...in the dream my grandmother told my sister that our dad would go into the hospital, and once he did that he would not leave but would die, and that it would be ok because she would be waiting for him in heaven, then my sister claims that our grandmother hugged her...she said she could feel her.
As well...as my dad was in hospital and we all knew the end was getting near, my mom asked him for a sign that he was ok and in heaven after he was gone...today for the first time since his death, mom went on facebook, only to find a message from dad, dated 3 days after his passing...the message was blank, and although she wanted it to be the sign she was looking for, she was uncertain and though it could have been an error of some sort and maybe a coincidence...that is until she decided to delete his facebook account and in doing so was asked to re-type a word provided by facebook as a security measure...the word randomly generated for her to re-type was "HEAVEN".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
My mother also passed away when i was 16 due to a brain tumor. I had a few experinces.. first off, before she passed shes was starting to slip in to acoma at our home where my dad took care of her. shes had not talked to anyone for a day or two and my dad knew it was time to take her to the hospital. when the paramedics were arriving i told her i loved her so much, she then opened her eyes and told me shes loved me too. i knew right then those were her last words. after she passed my dad and i would sit with a candle lit for her sort of waiting for a sign to tell us shes was okay and made it to the other side. i remember the candle flickering like crazy as we sat but there was no wind. i am too a person who tries to find the most logical explanation for things like this but i felt it was her. another time i looked in the sky and counted 9 hearts in the clouds, the next day i counted up too 11. 2 years before she passed i would always look at the clock at 9/11. after she passed i realized the numbers fit perfect, she was born on the 9th and passed on the 11th. a few months after shes passed on the night of my 17th birthday i dreamt of her ( i had dreams before but never heard her or seen her face, just her beautiful long red hair, which she had lost due to kemo) in the dream my boyfriend took me on a walk through the forest in the snow down a set of stairs to the edge of a cliff, there were tons of people when we reached the cliff when i suddenly spotted my mother. shes smiled at me then at my boyfriend and in my dream i realized he knew she was here and brought me too her. i ran too her not caring about the ice on the edge of the cliff and gave her a huge hug! we told each other how much we missed each other and loved each other, but then my brain started to realize i was dreaming of her and i woke up and started to cry since i was no longer hugging her. i have had a few more dreams over the past year but i beleive that was my birthday present from her to me. it was the most special dream i had an i hope to have another this year.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
After my Grandfather passed away...I would occasionally get a very strong smell of the type of gum he used to chew. A few knocks on walls..etc....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I loved hearing all of your wonderful stories! It's so great to see all the close connections everyone has with their lost love ones, may they all be watching over you now

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thank you so very much for the thread. I do have a story that I would like to share....

My father passed away back in 2006. Him, my mother, and both my kids were living in Alabama while I was still down in Orlando. When my mother called me to tell me that my father was needing to have heart surgery, I nearly fainted with her on the phone. 2 Days later I was able to get on a bus to get to Alabama, which was 2 days after my fathers surgery.

As soon as I walked into the hospital, he got the BIGGEST smile on his face, and then he told me that he was waiting for me. All I could do was cry and tell him that I was sorry that I couldnt make it to him sooner. To make a long story short, 2 days after I got to Alabama... My mom, the kids and I all went to the hospital to go see my father and to our surprise he was out of ICU and in his own room. The doctors and everyone there told us that he was doing so good that he may get to come home sooner than others after heart surgery.

But, while in the room with him, I saw a look on his face that I have never seen before. My mom nor the kids saw it or understood it when I explained it to them. But I knew now that the look he had was his way of telling me without actually saying it that he wasnt gonna be going home with us. I sent my mom and the kids to the car and sat there for a few more minutes talking to my father, and all he could tell me was to make sure that my mother was going to be ok and that I would never leave her alone, and to raise my kids to be the outstanding person that I am. I left out of there crying. The next morning my mother got a phone call from the hospital telling us to get the family together because my father had slipped into a coma the night before.

Right before that phone call came through on the house phone, an hour before I looked up into the kids room where they were sleeping and saw a shadow. When I went in there to check on the kids, I saw my father standing over both of them telling them how much he is going to miss them and he will always love them....

Ever since then, my son, who is now 10 yrs old, tells me that from time to time he still sees his grandfather. And my daughter, who is now 9 yrs old. has told me that she woke up one night from a bad dream and said that her grandfather was there telling her that everything was going to be ok.

I still feel his presence with us all the time and I think about all the good times that we had and I just smile.....

I love you papa, you are truly missed!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join