It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War is Lost: US begins to pull Troops

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
President finally listens to Senator Murtha.

Even since Senator Murtha said that we have lost the war in Iraq and should immediately bring our boys home, Bush administration has been seen to be clutching at straws.

Not any more.

Marines are making a silent exit.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/12/21/wirq21.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/12/21/ixnewstop.html

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I guess that includes Afghanistan as well. Tsk tsk.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Bringing back 12,000 troops does not mean the war is lost.

Rubbish.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is just a reversal of the buildup before the elections -- it was always planned and means nothing.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

President finally listens to Senator Murtha.

Even since Senator Murtha said that we have lost the war in Iraq and should immediately bring our boys home, Bush administration has been seen to be clutching at straws.

Not any more.

Marines are making a silent exit.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/12/21/wirq21.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/12/21/ixnewstop.html

The administration has been saying for the past 5 months that they were going to reduce troop levels after the election. This isnt news and its hardly a pullout.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Another sensationalist play by an uninformed member, all while under the mistaken and incorrect banner of the US has lost the war in Iraq and the President is listening to Murtha. :shk:

Hello?!
For those who missed the mention of this a few months back:
Troop reductions were to take place after the Iraqi elections, because the troops being withdrawn were sent to beefup security prior to the elections. The Iraqi drawdowns will simply drop numbers to pre-election 'baseline' levels.

The troops being withdrawn in Afghanistan are being reduced because Afghanistani security forces are taking up a much larger role in the nation's security, thus allowing US forces that were doing it, to be withdrawn.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This Christmas is a sad Christmas for America:

George Bush: "I know we're going to win' in Iraq."

Howard Dean: "America cannot win Iraq war."

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 21-12-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Howard Dean: "United States cannot win the war in Iraq."

www.cnn.com...

Thanks for reminding me about Howard Dean. Hope he aint running for 2008 nor ever again.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

This Christmas is a sad Christmas for America:

George Bush: "I know we're going to win' in Iraq."

Howard Dean: "America cannot win Iraq war."

Howard Dean is a wannabe president, while Bush is the President.

Posting what you have concerning Dean and Bush is irrelevant and has not changed in any way, shape, or form the sensationalizing that you took the liberty of using when creating the topic title you did, because it has no merit or validity in relation to the article you linked to.
Ironic, huh?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
President is forced to take heed of veterans:

Democratic Hawk: U.S. must leave Iraq now !!

Murtha said: America cannot accomplish anything further in Iraq.

www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 21-12-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ah, I see what mr conspiracy is doing, in the face of intelligent and informed responses he is using the famous Close-your-ears-and-yell-as-loud-as-you-can Tactic. It’s very popular among misinformed individuals, don't worry, let him yell as loud as he can, don't take the bait

[edit on 21-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Notice how this pansey (his name is Francis for God's sake) tosses around little catch phrases to make his article more "colorful".

-America's weary legions

-battle-scarred battalions

-bring its tired units back home.

Yeah, this little weasel knows just the right buttons to push to get his anti-war message thru to his readers. Seekerof already made the correct points, no need to repeat them, but you sound almost Giddy Mr. Conspiracy....as if you want America and England to lose this war.

To see our boys come home in shame and defeat. We're not done yet in the Middle_East...Iran and Syria are next.

Murtha needs to retire if he's gonna continue to attack foreign policy thru the media...he was a good Marine, but now by his actions, he has turned his back on America.

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
mr conspiracy,

My first question would have to be, "Did you even read the entire article linked to in your original post?"

Over the next month, America is also scheduled to bring home 12,000 men from Iraq. The units were despatched to protect Iraqi voters in parliamentary elections held earlier this month.

Their departure would take American forces there back to their "baseline" level of 138,000. But officials told The Washington Post that plans were now well advanced for a further substantial reduction. It is expected that the Pentagon will order home another 9,000 troops by the spring as newly trained Iraqi units replace their American counterparts.

[emphasis mine]

Secondly, WHERE oh WHERE does the article provide any information even remotely supportive of your post's title, statements, or suppositions?

"Iraq war is lost" ? Hardly!

"Marines are making a silent exit" ? Perhaps you would prefer tickertape and inflatables?

That being said, I personally see nothing here but a shallow attempt at playing "spin doctor" ... and yet the horse is still a horse. Of course. :shk:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The "12,000 troops" that they are pulling out are the ones they sent there to monitor and protect the elections.

Over the next month, America is also scheduled to bring home 12,000 men from Iraq. The units were despatched to protect Iraqi voters in parliamentary elections held earlier this month.

After they pull the 12,000 out, there will still be 138,000 troops there.

Besides, they need to start building up troops for Iran and Syria.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Cracks me up when I see posts like this. The war was won when we took Baghdad folks. Vietnam is the past and those who still view tactics and public reaction based on that war are living in the past.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You all must be really bored today, to waste your time responding to the so-called information supplied by Mr. Conspiracy. IMO this thread should have been allowed to die a totally ignored death.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's hard to argue the war is "lost", Saddam is out of power and the non-existent WMD's still don't exist

By the same token it's hard to argue the occupation has been a success, conditions in Iraq are still chaotic, violence is a daily threat.

Why do people always want a simple answer when the truth is obviously more complicated? I think both sides need to stop swallowing their own propaganda like pablum and take a more realistic view of the situation.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i know its hard to admit the fact that US troop have simply failed to put down the insurgency in Iraq.

its no point blaming democrates for what Marines cannot do.

iraq is a bitter pill which Bush has to swallow.

reality is that rebels in iraq have outside help from Iran and Syria.

for 3 years it did not improve. it got worse and worse.

Howard Dean has realised this, and said we simply cannot win against these sort of fighters. its an illusion to think we will come out smiling.

Some analysts are begining to question why the hell are we still staying in Iraq.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Matthew Parris is the winner of the journalism section of the annual Orwell Prize given for political writing of outstanding quality.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
kinda funny..

i think there is capacity to take a few more thousand KIAs b4 they call it quits..

kinda like a few divisions, hmm..?

curious minds wans to know..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
How is it kinda "funny," secretthrone?

seekerof

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join