It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War is Lost: US begins to pull Troops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
i know its hard to admit the fact that US troop have simply failed to put down the insurgency in Iraq.

Correction, mr conspiracy: there are not simply US troops there. There are a Coalition of troops. As such, if there is to be a failure, all will have taken a defeat.

its no point blaming democrates for what Marines cannot do.

You referring to the same democrats that voted in agreement for action to be taken against Iraq?

iraq is a bitter pill which Bush has to swallow.

That is something that is yet to be recorded in the annuals of history.

reality is that rebels in iraq have outside help from Iran and Syria.

Are you telling some of us something that we have not already figured out?

for 3 years it did not improve. it got worse and worse.

That is speculative and yet to be determined. What it is though is the continued rhetorical battlecry of defeatism from the antiwar voices, like yours.

Howard Dean has realised this, and said we simply cannot win against these sort of fighters. its an illusion to think we will come out smiling.

Howard Dean?! Howard Dean is nothing but a Democrat mouth piece stuck on stupid mode.

Some analysts are begining to question why the hell are we still staying in Iraq.

Something that again, they have been doing all along since the war began. Again, are you telling us something new here or simply reiterating?

Matthew Parris is the winner of the journalism section of the annual Orwell Prize given for political writing of outstanding quality.

And that makes his voice and opinion the more valid because such? Hardly.

seekerof

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Mr. Con,

Why not respond to the questions raised by other ATS members?

It seems that you do not have enough information to back up your claims. This is because no evidence to support your claim exists; that is of course is the nature of false claims.

We are winning the war. You should be happy about it too.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
.."funny" meaing the replies on this thread..

hmm..
7000 WIA non-return to combat out of 16000 WIA

curious minds wans to know

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The replies are "funny" to this thread?
Ahh geez, for a second there, I thought you were indicating that it was "funny" that 2000+ military men have died and thousands more wounded in the line of service.

You will forgive me if I don't think that is funny at all?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

it's funny .. that it takes so many to die
but some still claim a victory..

is tis called a "strategic victory"?

curious minds wans to know..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It take hard work and, yes, the lives of some brave men and women to bring about positive change in this world.

Bring positive change to the world is a victory, yes.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretthrone

If you see anything that causes loss of life as a failure then your willing to say that doctors are failures?
You saying that medics are failures?

If a medic has to leave you to die because a young girl has a better chance of making it that means if she makes it the whole thing was a failure?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
how many divisions does the us army have?

btw, what would you say if
a cruise missile was intercepted by a laser beam from a
UFO armanda?

kinda like,
ship first crew second
from the alien point-of-view

curious minds wans to know.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

how many divisions does the us army have?

What do I care?
Not my army, not my problem.

btw, what would you say if
a cruise missile was intercepted by a laser beam from a
UFO armanda?

Would I say it was a failure if some theoretical beings shot down a cruise missile?
Not really, if we found out that there was an alien armada in the sky by losing a cruise missile then I say thats 1 million dollars well spent.

kinda like,
ship first crew second
from the alien point-of-view

???? This makes no sense at all...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

We lost over ten times as many troops as we have in iraq in WW2 but call me crazy I remember the Allies winning that war.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
If a medic has to leave you to die because a young girl has a better chance of making it that means if she makes it the whole thing was a failure?

that depends whether i am a vip or not..

hmm..
what was the size of the usmilitary in wwii?
wasn't there talk of the draft?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

President finally listens to Senator Murtha.

Even since Senator Murtha said that we have lost the war in Iraq and should immediately bring our boys home, Bush administration has been seen to be clutching at straws.

Not any more.

Marines are making a silent exit.

Link

So what your saying is that to win the war we would have to permenantly occupy Irag because otherwise as soon as we ever took our toops out we would have "lost the war". A Government has been created(or is being) and we ousted the dictator we went in to oust. IMO its posts like this that make all us democrats look crazy. Thanks for pulling us down a bit more.

Mod Edit: Truncated Link Of Great Length.

[edit on 26/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
LOL!

I was going to blast this thread, but it seems a few people beat me to the punch. I would agree that this is pure rubbish.

In any case, merry Christmas to you all.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
We lost over ten times as many troops as we have in iraq in WW2 but call me crazy I remember the Allies winning that war.

At one point, I would have agreed with you, these days I am not so sure if we won or lost.

Nobody will know the out-come of Iraq, for years so there is no point attempting to call it a failure or to say it is a victory.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
exit means pulling out. thats what the US military is secretly preparing to do.

CNN would have you believe that only 12000 boys are coming home.

thats bull.

US miltary writer Robert Burns knows that its time to leave. we are done in iraq.

L ink

Mod Edit: Truncated Link Of Great Length

[edit on 26/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
L ink

Here’s mr conspiracy’s link, you can go ahead and delete it so that it wont stretch the page.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

At one point, I would have agreed with you, these days I am not so sure if we won or lost.

We will not know if have won until we pull out. IF the country continues to run the way it is or better on its own, we have won. IMO

[edit on 26-12-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is no victory against an undefinable enemy.
Aren't we fighting an ideal and not a country, race, or creed?
If we are truly trying to defeat "terrorism" we will never win in the true sense of the word. Our enemies outnumber us in the Mideast alone, much less the world. The only conventional victory can come from annihilation of the "trouble spots", and I dont think any of us want to see that.
Its time to step down and allow the Iraqis to determine their own destiny. We rid them of a terrible dictator, now its time to go. A gradual pullout will be the only way to reconcile our mistakes after Saddams discovery. We go to find WMDs, check. We go to liberate Iraqis from evil, check. Our continued presense only makes more enemies. An American occupation will never be welcome. Our ways of life conflict way too much for us to dictate their future. We screwed up first off, and we corrected our mistake by capturing Hussein, and we continue to make mistakes with an occupation.
All we need is Peace, not Iraqimerica.
They dont have to be an ally to not be an enemy...

[edit on 26-12-2005 by DaFunk13]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by Odium

We will not know if have won untill we pull out. IF the country contunies to run the way it is or better on its own, we have won. IMO

I'd not be as sure as you are on that.

Any half-decent insurgency, will have planted a lot of their guys inside the Military and Police Force. They will more than likely be waiting for the U.S. to pull out, before they push Iraq into chaos so they can take it over like they did Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The war has been lost. You can't occupy a nation where 95% of the population wants you out and not expect casualties. The whole purpose of invading Iraq was to rid them of tyranny, but instead we have become the tyrants. It's a self-defeating concept- we are in Iraq for freedom, but at the same time we are the ones restricting the Freedom(s) of Iraqis. It's so obviously a smokescreen that I'm still surprised there are still people who support this war right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join