It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PEACE Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I thought, after reading some views on how well certain countries would fare against certain countries in war and so on, would it not be interesting to see what Peaceful remedies could be applied to current world affairs and also what to be done for future generations to remember and act on.

If you are at all interested add onto this thread and see where it takes us.

If we can spend pages writing on Tanks and bombs then I think we could also add something more positive - anyway there you have it!!!

1st Topic:
Is Peace actually attainable given what we know in 2005?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I feel that as long as some leaders, political parties, and nations structure of leadership remains the same there can never be lasting peace.

An example would be Iran, and its thought process as a nation.

The figure head president calls for the extermination of an entire nation, and the real leaders within the country do NOTHING to try and stop this hatred.

With actions and words like this, there can never be, in my opinion, lasting peace.

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yes, we can have peace, all that we need to do is defeat all the terrorists and other freedom haters.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Yes, we can have peace, all that we need to do is defeat all the terrorists and other freedom haters.

-- Boat

Yeah yeah that's all that needs to be done BUT how do u do that PEACEFULLY???

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There will be peace when the world stops trying to solve its problems with a gun.

There will be peace when our leaders lead by example rather than dictating by proxy.

There will be peace when the weak are helped, not exploited, by the powerful.

There will be peace when we shake off the shaved-monkey attitude and transcend our meaningless, inherited institutions and prejudices.

And it takes no work, no action, no effort, no money. Just thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Peace means no struggle or competition, and marks the day when the species Homo sapiens (Okay, maybe Homo bellaticus would be a better handle) begins its march toward extinction.

We are wired for competition like a fish is wired for water. If we had eternal peace, we sould no longer be human.

And I like being human!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Peace means no struggle or competition, and marks the day when the species Homo sapiens (Okay, maybe Homo bellaticus would be a better handle) begins its march toward extinction.

We are wired for competition like a fish is wired for water. If we had eternal peace, we sould no longer be human.

And I like being human!

Sure, I can agree with that thought...
What if peace Text be attained so that Humans could then evolve to a higher state of conscienceness, being human would have no meaning then - it would be like me wanting to go back to 5 grade and staying in ones comfort zone.
I can appreciate the human qualities i enjoy - but if I could I would want to progress spiritually.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I agree and disagree with Off_The_Streat. I do think that it is programmed into our blood, our DNA, genes, whatever to be what is happening here. We are very in control by our bodies and we have no idea that it is happening. The future of human evolution is seperating ourselves from this biological shell. Or perhaps that would be the end. One or the other, I can't tell.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
REPORT FROM IRON MOUNTAIN

According to the Iron Mountain Report, peace is unattainable.

excerpt;
Its objective was to determine,
accurately and realistically, the nature of the problems that
would confront the United States if and when a condition
"permanent peace" should arrive, and to draft a program for
dealing with this contingency.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For there to be peace, the balance of power must be reinstated.
Henry Kissinger, in his doctoral dissertation, later his first book on the Congress of Vienna, wrote:
"Whenever peace---conceived as avoidance of war---has been the primary objective of a power or a group of powers, the international system has been at the mercy of the most ruthless member of the international community. Whenever the international order has acknowledged that certain principles could not be compromised even for the sake of peace, stability based on equilibrium of forces was at least conceivable."

Dan Caldwell, World Politics and You, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2000, p. 42.

seekerof

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
yes take away the tides of power and peace will surely be an attainable goal. not only peace among rival nations but lasting peace among states as well. you can attain good will among men when productivity has achieved enhanced perspective, perhaps technology will play a hand. integrated properly to purturb excessive expenditure of rampant commercial visage, and help stagnate the tides of power.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I know you said that in all good intentions, but that's actually the kind of idea that causes war.

In your view you are the good guys and they are the bad guys, and vis versa, the "terrorists" also think they are the good guys and they fight to impose their own "freedom" on you the bad guys. That will never work, not what I would call peace, that can only lead to the superior crushing the inferior.

For true peace we need to mind our own business and leave other people "freedom" alone.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hello

Peace on earth will happen when all people will think and take care of others before themselves. Also have a look at my signature.

All the best,
Musclor

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If politicians would use the budgets we use each year to help the world get rid of hunger and basic needs , perhaps....

Why are there no technologies to precision bomb food into the mouths of hungry people ? If they can do that with 200 pound bunker buster bombs, why not with say with ...a banana

i know...pretty unrealistic, but then again, it could be done, but guess what, there's no money to be made of that so it'll never happen

human greed > will to have real peace , don't think tha'll change anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

I know you said that in all good intentions, but that's actually the kind of idea that causes war.

In your view you are the good guys and they are the bad guys, and vis versa, the "terrorists" also think they are the good guys and they fight to impose their own "freedom" on you the bad guys. That will never work, not what I would call peace, that can only lead to the superior crushing the inferior.

For true peace we need to mind our own business and leave other people "freedom" alone.

I totally agree - looking at other nations, religous perspective is probably the hardest to do as there is no profit involved. Alice through the looking glass comes to mind!!
Freedom can only be achieved through communication and not through domination

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well after seeing some interest I thought I'd post another topic!!

Topic 2

Who do you think would be Peace candidates and why? (persons to be involved in creating peaceful environments) politically, socially and spritually.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One comment...
OPRAH in '08!
One step closer to world peace...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I was thinking over the weekend that there is an individual who has had his ideals stomped on by the International policy groups and that is Kofi Anan,
He would be an ideal leader in a political arena. Even though he has done great work as head of the UN council.

Secondly - Hillary Clinton??
How would Americans feel as having her as a leader?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We will never have peace until the first come last and the last come first...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
We will never have peace until the first come last and the last come first...

...to right the wrongs of History written by the Winners.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join