It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
if he was black it would make no difference to me , but if i was shown this evidence i would be the first to post an apologie on this thread along with making a new one called "jesus was actually black...who knew?"....

I see that my suggestion that this thread comes close to racism was unfounded and I apologise for the mistake.

Please excuse me for pointing it out, because I relate to all religious thinking as a Pantheist would, seeing God in everything, including all people, regardless of their colour. The notion that God spoke only to Hebrews seemed exclusionary and a bit racist to me since many non-Christian cultures also have Deities which they see as a Creator. In my mind, all cultures who came to an understanding of a Creator God worship the same Deity. I know it's simplistic, but, that's how I think.

Thanks for taking the time to explain a bit further, Plague.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ahhh masqua........
its all good...looking back on the thread i see where alot of others did make kinda racist statements, but my intentions were not that.......
as far as the exclusion thing............

i get my spiritual guidance through the vedic teachings , specifically the teachings of krishna.....so yes i realise that all religions pray to some kind of dietie......but through my teachings i come to think that the atman is the center and prime creator then there is the brahmin who is the phisical creator , that basically works for the atman.....then you have all these other gods who are like our direct connection in one way or the other to the brahmin.....

now take the god in the bible ...he is speaking to the hebrew people telling them what he expects of them....does this mean no noe else can listen...no anyone is welcome to take part , but it doesnt change the fact that he was initually talking to the hebrews.......
krishna brought his message to the indians ..does this mean i cant listen to it because im not indian ...no it doent ....
in the bhagavad gita krishna says to arjuna that no matter what god the people pray to they are still praying to him , they are still praying to the atman and brahmin because these are all of there creations.......so yes i believe just like you said when you pray to one dietie you are still praying to the one creator.....

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Please excuse me for pointing it out, because I relate to all religious thinking as a Pantheist would, seeing God in everything, including all people

Was this god in paedophiles, murderers, and present benignly in the SS men at Auschwitz? Or only in such things as shall be approved by those who control the media agenda in 2005?

The trouble Pantheism appears indistinguishable in practical terms from worshipping oneself and conforming to societal values and, of course, never involves having to condemn one's own vices.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by roger_pearse
Was this god in paedophiles, murderers, and present benignly in the SS men at Auschwitz?

Yes, no less than in the murderous hearts of the rank and fle crusaders who destroyed everything in their march to the Holy Land and "Let God sort them out". Also, he was in the hearts of the Conquistadors as they ravaged the tribes they met, decimating their numbers without mercy no care for women and children. I could go on...but, yes, God was there in their hearts, but they ignored their conscience by the lure of greed and gold.

The trouble Pantheism appears indistinguishable in practical terms from worshipping oneself and conforming to societal values and, of course, never involves having to condemn one's own vices.

Worshipping oneself is not Pantheism...you forget that the Deity is present in others as much as yourself, besides also residing in all that exist...even stones, water and air. Condemning ones own vices are easy, that's what a guilty conscience is for. It beats paying with 'indulgences' by an English Mile.
edit to add that I'm ashamed of the fact that I was prompted to post 'off topic' in this reply...something we should always strive to avoid.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ok, firstly, sorry if these were addressed already, I read up to the sixth page of this thread, before I got tired of reading.

Secondly, I think, that if there was a Jesus, like the one we all imagine, he would indeed look more middl-eastern/North-African.

A trail of DNA was found that led them to a single woman from whom we all descended.

Yes, I realise this is from a quote from another site, but I'd like to point something out, or rather state what I've been taught. Now this quote claims that we all descended from a single woman, now I was taught (in my biology class, while we were studying genetics) that all people can be traced back to one of seven first human females.

if the 12 tribes came out of africa just becuz that is where we trace our lineage then i guess everyone is african.... even the greeks..romans...egyptians...indians....get my point yet???

I'm not sure if I do get your point here, because to me at first it seems like your saying that are ancestors could not have been from Africa, thus saying that humans did not origonate there, though I think you may have also have been saying that it's silly to say we're all Africans/blacks because we came from there, and if that is what you are saying, I agree.

Who created triangles?

Why triangles created triangles of course.

Well, I must say, this is a rather interesting thread.
It is sad, that there are groups out there that try and make people believe "Jesus" was a specific color, just because they think there color is supreme over all other.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i think it would have been better for this thread to have been titled Jesus Was Not White, or Jesus Was An Arab, or Jesus wasn't a honky. Though i personally believe it's a dumb discussion to have because it isn't really relevant what color someone is, it's interesting to read over people's responses to the statement of Jesus' race.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Jesus' Face Traced to Great Idol of Zeus

CLICK HERE

MORE INFO

EVEN MORE INFO

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just think that it is kind of funny how people put so much faith in the writings of old religious books. What would happen if some one in modern times claimed they were shown the word of god and chosen to put it into writing? More than likely they would be denounced and the writings suppressed.
As for the way Jeebus would have looked. It makes a lot of sense that while trying to convert as many as possible that you would make him appear as the people you are converting. If you were trying to sell a Cadillac would you advertise pictures of an AMC Gremlin? Probably not, at least if you were serious about selling it.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
how do you know that he was black. who says that the first people in existence were black. just because someone eas from africa dosent make them black. for all we know black people could of moved to africa like the indians moved to North America

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
JESUS WAS NOT A BLACK MAN

Jesus was not anything. There's no hard evidence that such a person actually existed. Santa Claus, on the other hand, is definitely not black.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It makes more sense that a person from a hot, sun drenched climate would have dark skin. What happens to pastey white skin in the abundance of sunlight? It burns. It also makes sense that humans would have started their existance in a warm climate because that there would be less adaptation than to a cold one. Determining exactly where we originated from could change at any moment. With a small population of early humans the chances of bones being preserved is fairly slim.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

JESUS WAS NOT A BLACK MAN ...THIS IS PROVEN BY THE FACT THAT HE IS HEBREW AND HEBREWS ARE NOT BLACK.......THE 12 TRIBES DID NOT ORIGINATE IN AFRICA....THIS IS A RUMOR SPREAD BY WORD OF MOUTH NOT HISTORICAL FACT .....YOU CAN START BY READING THE BIBLE ....REMEMBER KIDS...IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BELIEVE SOMETHING YOU READ THAN TO PREACH SOMETHING YOU HAVE HEARD

Kids? It's better to believe what you read? How do you figure? What one reads is as likely to be false as something one hears. Where is the logic in your point here? And there are/were black jews, just like there are white and black muslims.

Besides, Jesus was Asian anyway....

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Besides, Jesus was Asian anyway....

or maybe bengalese...

actually, just to bring the topic back around,
he was aryan, which contrary to popular belief doesn't mean that he had blond hair an blue eyes, but to the contrary-
he looked like a modern day arab (aryan)

[edit on 5-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
actually, just to bring the topic back around,
he was aryan, which contrary to popular belief doesn't mean that he had blond hair an blue eyes, but to the contrary-
he looked like a modern day arab (aryan)
[edit on 5-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

First, clearly, Jesus' ethnicity is a trivial matter, at best. It is missing the point of his message, imo, if his ethnicity is important to you. Besides, how could anyone know for sure what it was? You say 'he was aryan'. Maybe so, but that is just your belief. It may be the most likely choice, but it is still just a guess. Until a picture or eyewitness comes forward, all one can do is speculate.
I don't know what his ethnicity was, assuming he did in fact really exist as the bible says. It would be nice if there was even one eyewitness outside the bible, but since there is not, I can only accept his life story on faith in that source, which I do. I cannot say I 'know' he lived, though.
What his ethnicity was I have even less to go on. The only clue in the bible is in revelations where it describes him when he returns and says he has hair like wool.
There is only one type of human hair that I have felt that is like wool, and that is an afro. Afros feel just like wool, decisively more so than any other hair I have felt. When cut short, it feels so similar that if I was blindfolded, I would not be able to tell the difference.
The only other physical description I have read about was from a local area supposed 'wanted poster', which described him as being short, heavy, and swarthy. I have no idea how credible that source is.
So, he could have been black. Why not? There is actually some biblical support for it anyway, which is more than can be said for any other guesses.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Black? As in Negroid?

Sorry to burst your bubble but Africa has more than one ethnic group.

For instance the Ethiopians are much lighter than the Central Africans. There was even a documentary of a man from England with African Heritage, very dark skin I might add, that went to study one of the Christian communities in Ethiopia. And the Ethiopians started to attack him, because his skin was so much darker that they mistaken him for the Savages that live further south. I swear there is no one more racist to an African than another African.

This probably means that the true black people of Africa did not migrate through present day Ethiopia, Sudan, and Egypt. Yet rather if there any African people they would have came from that area, between Ethiopia and Egypt. The Africans that lived in that area, could easily be considered in their own right as a different sect of African. A sect that could easily agree by the term, Libyanoid. Refering to people of North Africa.

And to better point out, the Libyanoids are not black. A considerable ethnic group that had existed that didn't pertain to either white or black, sort of a mix between such that semitic people also belonged to. The black people are generally the African Americans that had lived in the United States. Moreover those people come from Western and Southern African tribes and Kingdoms and not from North Eastern Africa. So the term black does not imply North Eastern Africans, except by the general public of America that likes to classify everything in their own order without giving a thought to any truth that may disprove their ideas.

This further means that even if Yeshua (Jesus) was of African decent, that descent is not black.

But nevertheless there is striking evidence that supports the fact that Yeshua wasn't of any African Descent even more so than any other typical Judean. Then what is Yeshua's descent?

Well Yeshua's father, Joseph is more than likely entirely Semetic Jewish since there is so much evidence tying him with the house of David. However, Mary on the otherhand has much more of gap with her Jewish relation and may have been the source Yeshua's unique inheritance.

Proof there was Jews in India during and before Yeshua's time.
en.wikipedia.org...

Proof that Dravidians lived in the same area that Jews had lived in.
www.harpercollege.edu...

Image of what a Dravidian looks like. Yes very African indeed.
www.squarecircles.com...

Proof that Mary had encounter Buddhism
www.buddhanet.net...
alpha.montclair.edu...
jmhs.mars.k12.wv.us...

There was also Hinduism in that area
en.wikipedia.org...

Evidence of a dark skinned child that was brought over to Europe with Mary Magdeline and believed to be the offspring of Yeshua. The reason why Sarah, big reason why Sarah isn't believed to be the daughter of Yeshua is her dark skin.
www.beliefnet.com...

And that raps up how Yeshua's dark complexion is misleading to the belief he was African. Yes everyone had African descendents, that's where Homo Erectus comes from after all. And the Hebrews did come out of Egypt with Moses. But... Yeshua's dark skin connection comes from India.

It also explains where Yeshua got all his Buddhist/Hindu ideology from.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Darkseid]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
racism for teh win!!!

congrats on being a dumbf...uh, on being incredibly ignorant. it's all been pointed out, so i won't go into any more detail, but jesus' skin color only matters to people who try to use him as a tool against (or for) racial inequity.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, i dont know- Supposedly, Mary Magdalene's daughter was black.

If the Da Vinci Code is correct.......

Anyhow, her name was Sarah.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
racism for teh win!!!

congrats on being a dumbf...uh, on being incredibly ignorant. it's all been pointed out, so i won't go into any more detail, but jesus' skin color only matters to people who try to use him as a tool against (or for) racial inequity.

Thanks for showwing that you are a racist. As well as being an immature idiot.

I mean seriously, there is more than just skin tone to say Yeshua has Indian heritage, his ideas and his daughter is enough to convey that.

Originally posted by dgtempe

The term black is an implied slang term addressed to African American.

Was Sarah an African American?

No, Sarah was Semetic/Dravidian crossbreed, with more Semetic than Dravidian relations.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkseid

Originally posted by 25cents
racism for teh win!!!

Thanks for showwing that you are a racist. As well as being an immature idiot.

I mean seriously, there is more than just skin tone to say Yeshua has Indian heritage, his ideas and his daughter is enough to convey that.

Originally posted by dgtempe

The term black is an implied slang term addressed to African American.

Was Sarah an African American?

No, Sarah was Semetic/Dravidian crossbreed, with more Semetic than Dravidian relations.

wow. you're a fool. how did i show that i'm a racist? and the term black is used to define a person based on the color of their skin.

furthermore (and i'm pulling this from maddox, so bear with me) the term african american is fully ridiculous. ok, so many black people in america have descended from africa, but a lot of them don't identify with is as their families have ben here thousands of years. also, black people exist in places outside of africa. not every black person in america is a citizen, they may be tourists - are they african american? no? i'll bet you still refer to them as such.

by the way, white people live in africa too. you'd never refer to one of them as an african american if you saw them on the street, would you?

congrats on being a fool.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Spin it all you want, the word black in referencing someone of color respectfully is perfectly acceptable and NOT demeaning at all.

Get a life.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join