It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Was Not Black

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
JESUS WAS NOT A BLACK MAN ...THIS IS PROVEN BY THE FACT THAT HE IS HEBREW AND HEBREWS ARE NOT BLACK.......THE 12 TRIBES DID NOT ORIGINATE IN AFRICA....THIS IS A RUMOR SPREAD BY WORD OF MOUTH NOT HISTORICAL FACT .....YOU CAN START BY READING THE BIBLE ....REMEMBER KIDS...IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BELIEVE SOMETHING YOU READ THAN TO PREACH SOMETHING YOU HAVE HEARD

Mod Edit: Fixed all caps title.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

Please do not use "all caps" in thread titles, or posts.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Does it really matter? If you are all hung up on his "nationality" you are absolutely missing the message.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Its a shame I don't read posts that are in all caps, I don't like being screamed at. Learn a few manners and try again. Maybe then i'll bother with what your trying to say.

Wupy

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Of course he wasn't black, I don't think anyone with any serious credibility has ever said he was.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What's the difference whether Jesus was black or not? Jesus was a man who taught love of ALL people and his race is entirely superfluous to his message. Frankly, I don't understand why you would mind if he were black. And, by the way, I am no kid but a 54 year old retired history professor. I think I know about how to judge things.
joey

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i was trying to reply to another post that was up where some **removed insult** was saying that jesus was black and the 12 tribes came from africa...i dont care about his color but i do get botherd when people obviosly speak in rumors when it is laid out in text for you...it was not weant as a new topic but as a reply

Mod Edit: Lets keep the personal attacks out of this. M'kay?

[edit on 6-12-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
JESUS WAS NOT A BLACK MAN ...THIS IS PROVEN BY THE FACT THAT HE IS HEBREW AND HEBREWS ARE NOT BLACK.......

He was black. This is proven by the fact that he is the son of God, and everyone knows God is black. They did make the 12 tribes white however so you are correct there.

God had a sense of humor after all.

In the end...my proof is just as solid as yours.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Go back far enough, we all came from Africa. Therefore we are all black by definition.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
He was black. This is proven by the fact that he is the son of God, and everyone knows God is black. They did make the 12 tribes white however so you are correct there.

I think if he was black even though Mary (and Joseph as well) were white, that bizarre situation would have been included in the Bible as further evidence of his divine birth. Of course, that's also speculation, but one based on logic.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
the 12 tribes are not white they too acorrding to the bible are hebrew....also god is very omnipotent ...im shure he is of no color......

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Doesn't matter.
He was a man..end of story.

As far as we all came out of africa,,just means we have african ancestors.
Not Black ones, or white ones..I doubt that anyone knows the Melanin content
of Homo ergaster or Homo-erectus.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

the 12 tribes are not white they too acorrding to the bible are hebrew....also god is very omnipotent ...im shure he is of no color......

Being omnipotent (hint: all knowing) and has nothing to do with skin color. I'm sure she doesn't worry about skin color at all anyway.

In case you all missed it...my post was laced with sarcasm at the whole thought of debating the skin color of Jesus. Forget the man and remember the message. Isn't that what he wanted anyway?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

THE 12 TRIBES DID NOT ORIGINATE IN AFRICA....THIS IS A RUMOR SPREAD BY WORD OF MOUTH NOT HISTORICAL FACT

I do not know about the 12 tribes but there is tons of scientific evidence that supports the origin of man in Africa.

A trail of DNA was found that led them to a single woman from whom we all descended. The evidence indicates that Eve lived in Sub-Saharan Africa, between 80,000 and 200,000 years ago. These descendants began migrating from their original homeland, inhabiting the whole world.
Origin of man

Now the above may be subject to change if and when they find an older source of DNA. Let us all know when you find it OK?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It wouldn't have made a bit of difference if Jesus was an Orange ball of light with legs. If I hear or read something that I like, or that I feel is good advice, I don't consider the colour of skin of the person giving the words, what would be the point?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I agree Jesus' skin color is meaningless to the message and theology of Christianity, but would be of historical interest. I'd also like to note it doesn't seem to be the author of this thread who brought up the issue of his skin color, it was those he responded to who are challenging the orthodox view and trying to convince people that he was black for some reason.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Jesus was not black, nor was he white. He was tanned olive skin like me

Seriously though, what does it matter?

Knowing the region he came from, logic and reason will show that he could have looked like any of indigenous people of the Mediterranean (which btw ranges from light to dark skin).

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
thank you djohnsto77...you seem to be the only one who got what my reply that ened up (thru my own stupidness) a post was about....

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

..also god is very omnipotent ...

is "very omnipotent" more omnipotent than just omnipotent but somewhat less omnipotent than "super omnipotent"?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
also the 12 tribes did not come from africa ...ok maybe this ape that came from africa that historians have decided to call eve is the oldest remains they have found.......but what were the oldest before that ...and what happens when we have found remains that are older???? if the 12 tribes came out of africa just becuz that is where we trace our lineage then i guess everyone is african.... even the greeks..romans...egyptians...indians....get my point yet???

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

but what were the oldest before that ...and what happens when we have found remains that are older????

No one really knows until older remains are discovered elsewhere. In the future we may find out we all originated in South America or elsewhere. Who cares anyhow?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join