It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your Greatest Movie Quote

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Walk the Line

Vivian Cash: With you all dressed in black, you look like you're goin' to a funeral.
Johnny Cash: Maybe I am...

Johnny Cash: You know, when I was in the service, I used to look at pictures of you. In magazines.
June Carter: ...Oh?
Johnny Cash: Oh, no. It's... It's not like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i hope its not taken

Forest gump, "Stupid is as stupid does"

Falling down,"See what i mean? its plump, juicy, three inches thick. Look at this, sorry miserable, squahed thing. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with tis picture?"

When hes at the fastfood place, i love that movie.

spam? whys there spam?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
From "Blazing Saddles" (Mel Brooks)

Mel Brooks' Movies Blazing Saddles Sounds

Lamarr: Taggart!
Taggart: Yes sir?
Lamarr: I've decided to launch an attack that will reduce Rock Ridge to ashes.
Taggart: What do you want me to do, sir?
Lamarr: I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down: I want rustlers, cutthraots, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, half-wits, dim-wits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, horse wagglers, horse thiefs, bullbags, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, # kickers, and Methodists! [laughter]
Taggart: Could you repeat that, sir?

---

Lamarr: Qualifications?
Outlaw: Rape, murder, arson and rape.
Lamarr: You said rape twice.
Outlaw: I like rape.

----

Bart: Why would Hedley Lamarr care about where the choo-choo go?
Mongo: Don't know. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Raoul Duke: We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of coc aine, and a whole multi colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Raoul Duke: How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

Raoul Duke: You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

[to clerk at the Mint 400 while on acid]
Raoul Duke: My name... is, uh, Raoul Duke. I'm on the list, that's for sure. I have my attorney with me and I realize of course that his name is not on that list, but we must have that suite! You see, this man is actually my driver. Just check the list and you'll see. What's the score here? What's next?

Dr. Gonzo: Cows are gonna kill me. Bisexuals are gonna kill me. Let's get out of here, where's the elevator?
Raoul Duke: No, f*c*! Don't go near the elevator man, that's just what they want us to do. Trap us in a steel box, take us down to the basement. Come here. Don't run, man. They'd like any excuse to shoot us.

Raoul Duke: We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:
Raoul Duke: I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Raoul Duke: Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming:
Raoul Duke: Holy Jesus. What are these goddamn animals?
Dr. Gonzo: Did you say something?
Raoul Duke: Hm? Never mind. It's your turn to drive.
Raoul Duke: No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor b@st@rd will see them soon enough.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is a War Room!"

"Thats how your hardcore commie works..."

"Aw, it's an obvious commie trick, Mr. President! We're wasting valuable time! Look at the big board, they're gettin' ready to clobber us!"

"It vould not be difficult mein fuhrer! Nuclear reactors could....heh....I'm sorry Mr. President.....nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinently....greenhosues could mantain plant life....animals could be bread and Slaughtered......"

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From "PeeWee's Big Adventure" "I'm on the phooooooone"

and from "Enerst Saves Christmas" "Phewwwwwwwwwwuuuuuu"

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Leon the hitman and the little girl who is smoking, walking along the street:

Leon: 'Put out that cigarette okay?'

Girl: 'Okay'

Leon: 'And don't keep saying 'Okay', Okay?'

Girl: 'Okay!'

Another classic - 'Don't you just hate that?'

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Brando to Carl Maulden in "One Eyed Jacks"

GET UP you tub a guts!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Silence Of The Lambs:

Jodie Foster (Clarice Starling): If you didn't kill him, then who did, sir?

Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal): Who can say. Best thing for him, really. His therapy was going nowhere.

Dr Strangelove:

Sterling Hayden: (Gen. Jack D. Ripper): Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Pulp Fiction:

Samuel L. Jackson: (Jules Winnfield): Ezekiel 25:17: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the Valley of Darkness; for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And, I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And, you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

Lastly, the complete quote from Apocalypse Now.

Robert Duvall (Kilgore): You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

God....................I really loved that
!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All right, Mr. DeMille, Im ready for my close-up.

Sunset Blvd.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From "Taxi Driver" R. DiNiro

Are you talkin to me?
Are YOU talkin to ME?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Cross of Iron

Unteroffizer Kruger: I stay dirty for a reason. If you've been in the field as long as I've been, you'd know why.

Sgt Steiner: Explain!

Unteroffizer Kruger: Natural body oils, combined with dirt, can keep you waterproof.

Or...................how about this?

Captain Kiesel: Steiner is............... a myth! Men like him are our last hope... and, in that sense…………… he is a truly dangerous man!

Reservoir Dogs:

Mr. Blonde: Listen kid, I'm not gonna bull# you, allright? I don't give a good # what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get. (He removes his razor) You ever listen to K-Billy's "Super Sounds of the Seventies" weekend? It's my personal favorite!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
''Politics man. If you're hanging on to a rising balloon, you're presented with a difficult decision; let go before it's too late, or hold on and keep getting higher. Posing the question, how long can you keep a grip on the rope?''

- withnail and i

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Tyler Durden- "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Cobb

Louis Prima: With all the great players playing ball right now, how well do you think you would do against today's pitchers?
Ty Cobb: Well, I figure against today's pitchers I'd only probably hit about .290
Louis Prima: .290? Well that's amazing, because you batted over .400 a... a whole bunch of times. Now tell us all, we'd all like to know, why do you think you'd only hit .290?
Ty Cobb: Well, I'm 72 f***ing years old you ignorant son of a b*tch.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Man, there are some good ones here. I have seen Spinal Tap and Caddy Shack mentioned here but not some of my favorite lines.

Spinal Tap - David St. Hubbins -

"We're not going about to do a free-form jazz, uh, exploration in front of a festival crowd!"

Caddy Shack -

Carl Spackler -
"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me...which is nice."

Spalding Smails -
"I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

Judge Smails -
"You'll get nothing, and like it."

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended. You gotta love the Marines!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hmmm, movie quotes, so many done already, so how about this one...

"It's almost as though it's not afraid of humans."

"There haven't been any visitors to the Island in years it has no reason to fear humans.

ZZZZZZZZZZZAP!

"Now it does."

From Lost World after the dino round up. Guy shocks a Compy thingy.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Con Air

Cameron Poe to Vince Larkin: "There are only two people I trust. I'm one, you're not the other one."
---
Duncan Malloy: "What's the ____'s with Dictionary Boy here?"

Vince Larkin: "Actually Thesaurus Boy would be more accurate."
---
Cameron Poe: "My daddy taught me that."

Cyrus the Virus: "You know what my daddy taught me? Absolutely nothing."

Cameron Poe: "A self-educated man."

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Some Godfather quotes..

Michael Corleone: Goodbye my old friend. You could have lived a little longer, I could be closer to my dream. You were so loved, Don Tommasino. Why was I so feared, and you so loved? What was it? I was no less honorable. I wanted to do good. What betrayed me? My mind? My heart? Why do I condemn myself so? I swear, on the lives of my children: Give me a chance to redeem myself, and I will sin, no more.

Kay Corleone: The sicker you get, the wiser you get, huh?
Michael Corleone: When I'm dead I'm gonna be really smart.

Michael: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.
Michael: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

Don Corleone: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

Michael: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Kay Adams: What was that?
Michael: Luca Brasi, held a gun to his head, and my father assured him, that either his brain or his signature would be on the contract.

Don Corleone: I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall Michael - if he is to be shot in the head by a police officer, or be found hung dead in a jail cell... or if he should be struck by a bolt of lightning - then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room; and then I do not forgive. But with said, I pledge - on the souls of my grandchildren - that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made today.

All quotes can be found at IMDB

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join