It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your Greatest Movie Quote

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"Think about the future." - Nicholson in Batman

"Hello, Bedford Falls! Merry Christmas!" - Stewart in It's A Wonderful Life

"Hey where did you get those clothes... at... the... toilet store?" Carell in Anchorman

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Not strictly speaking a movie quote, but it should have been and it would have been a great one.

In the full script, and filmed, but edited down for the final cut:

*Batman smashes through the skylight, grabs Vicky Vale, pulls out a strange gun and points it at Joker's face. The gun has two bolts that proceed to turn 90 degrees and it fires a flying fox cable, the gun then becomes the flying fox, which Batman escapes from the museum on.*

(stunned)Joker: Those toys, where does he get those wonderful toys.

*Joker's boys stand in similar amazement*

Joker: Well don't just stand there *yells* Go ask him!

*Joker's boys run out of the museum in pursuit.

What we got:

Joker: Where does he get those wonderful toys?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
ill be back! lol................

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"All those moments will be lost... like tears in the rain." - (Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner)

"I know things about pigeons, Lilly." - (Clint Eastwood in In the Line of Fire)

[edit on 9-3-2006 by SKMDC1]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Maltese Falcon

The Stuff that Dreams are Made of

The Godfather Part II

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Casablanca

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

-

Here's looking at you, kid.

-

Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship

-

Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.'

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: TWO TOWERS

My Precious

Airplae!

Striker: Surely you can't be serious.

Rumack: I am serious…and don't call me Shirley.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
"Its breakfeast time!" - Gelgoo in The Hills Have Eyes

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Gentlemen Don't Fight in War Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Bruce Nolan here, aboard the Maid of the Mist in fabulous Niagara Falls, New York First off, let me just add another congratulations to Evan Backstabber - pardon me, Bastard. Baxter, rather. It is good to see what someone with real talent can do when great opportunities are given to them instead of me. Anyway, I'm here with Katherine Hepburn's mom. Tell me, why did you toss the "blue heart of the ocean" jewel over the railing of Titanic? Did you feel bad at all letting Leo DiCaprio drown, while you were safe floating on the big door? Could you have taken turns, or were you just too afraid to freeze your big fat a*# off? Hmm. I guess that's how life is, isn't it? Some people are drenched, freezing to death, on a stupid boat, with a stupid hat, while others are in a comfy news studio, suckin' up all the glory. Oh, well. No big deal. Oh, look! It's the owner of the Maid of the Mist. Let's have a talk with him, shall we? Come on in here, Bill... Bill, you've been running the Maid of the Mist for 23 years now. Tell me, why do you think I didn't get the anchor job? Is it my hair, Bill? Are my teeth not white enough? Or, like the great falls, is the bedrock of my life, eroding beneath me? Eroding, eeeeroding, eeeeerodding I'm Bruce Nolan for Eyewitness News. Back to you, f*#%rs!

Nice to meet you, g-d. Nice job on the Grand Canyon and good luck with the apocalypse

Behind every great man... is a woman rolling her eyes

Quotes from Bruce Almighty

Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that?

quotes from Army of Darkness

I tried to find the prison speech from Natural Born Killers but I could find it

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Casablanca:

"Round up the usual suspects"

"I am the leader of the underworld here in Casablanca"

Maltese Falcon:
"When somebody guns down your partner, you're supposed to do something about it. It's bad for every dick everywhere; it's bad for business."

Blade Runner:
"Let me tell you about my mother!"

"More human than human, that was our motto."

Raider's of the Lost Ark:
Belloq: "Vonce again, Toctor Chones, ve see zehr iss nussink you can possess. Hvitch I cannot take avey from you."

"You and I are merely passing through history. The Ark is history."

(a dozen characters, in different situations
"Innnddddeeeeee"

2001: A Space Odessey:
"Hal, open the pod-bay doors, Hal. Hal. Open the pod-bay doors!"

"I'm sorry Dave. You know I can't do that for you."

The Big Lebowski
(where do I begin!!!)

"Donnie, shut the *&^%(&^ up!"

"Am I the only one here who gives a $*&%# about the rules! Put. The. Pencil. Down, Smokey. You are entering a world of pain."

Brandt: "I trust your meeting went well with Mr. Lebowski?"
Dude: "The old man said I could take any rug I want . . . ."

Bunny: "wanna *$#^* me?"
Dude: "Me? what about him?"
Bunny: "Who, Uli? He doesn't care, he's a nihilist."
Dude: "Must be exhausting."
Bunny: " I'll b*&^ you for a thousand dollars."
Dude: "excuse me?"
Bunny: "I'll b*&^ you for a thousand dollars. But Brandt can't watch though. Unless he pays a hundred."
Dude: "Pardon me will I go find an ATM."

Walter: "Oh that doesn't prove anything, Dude. I can get you a toe anytime you want. I can have a toe here for you today by 3 p.m. with green polish . . ."

Dude: "Lot of, um . . . lot of ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous . . . lotta strands to keep in old Duder's head, ya know."

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Miracle

Herb Brooks: When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back.

--------------------------------------------------

Herb Brooks: Vladislav Tretiak; if you score on him, keep the puck because it does not happen often.

Herb Brooks: This is unbelievable. You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester. Who we playing Rammer?
Mike Ramsey: Sweden.
Herb Brooks: Yeah. You're damn right Sweden! In the Olympics!
[Turns to McClanahan]
Herb Brooks: What the hell is wrong with you? Put your gear on!
[pause]
Herb Brooks: I said put your gear on!
Rob McClanahan: Doc told me I can't play.
Herb Brooks: Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. You got a bad bruise. You know what put youre street clothes on because I got no time for quitters!
Mike Eruzione: Come on Herb! No body is quitting here!
Herb Brooks: You worry about your own game. Plenty there to keep you busy.
Herb Brooks: A bruise on the leg is a hell of a long way from the heart, candy ass.
Rob McClanahan: What'd you call me?
Herb Brooks: You heard me!
Rob McClanahan: You want me to play huh? Is that what you want?
Herb Brooks: I want you to be a hockey player!
Rob McClanahan: I AM A HOCKEY PLAYER! YOU WANT ME TO PLAY ON ONE LEG? HUH? I'LL PLAY ON ONE LEG!
Herb Brooks: [walking out of the locker room with McClanahan still screaming] That'll get him going.
Craig Patrick: O yeah. I'll clean up!

Craig Patrick: Hey, Doc, let me ask you a question.
Doc: Well, of course.
Craig Patrick: You've worked with Herb for a long time, right?
Doc: I've known Herb for quite some time.
Craig Patrick: So let me ask you, does he always treat his players like this?
Doc: No... no, this I have never seen. No - but Craig, Herb has a reason for everything he does.
Craig Patrick: Well, he's gonna end up with 20 players who hate his guts.
Doc: Well, maybe if they hate him they won't have time to hate each other.

Herb Brooks: [voiceover] Two days later the miracle was made complete. My boys defeated Finland to win the gold medal, coming from behind once again. As I watched them out there, celebrating on the ice, I realized that Patti had been right. It was a lot more than a hockey game, not only for those who watched it, but for those who played in it. I've often been asked in the years since Lake Placid what was the best moment for me. Well, it was here - the sight of 20 young men of such differing backgrounds now standing as one. Young men willing to sacrifice so much of themselves all for an unknown. A few years later, the U.S. began using professional athletes at the Games - Dream Teams. I always found that term ironic because now that we have Dream Teams, we seldom ever get to dream. But on one weekend, as America and the world watched, a group of remarkable young men gave the nation what it needed most - a chance, for one night, not only to dream, but a chance, once again, to believe.

Me, Myself & Irene

Hank Evans: Holy Jesus in heaven! it's a giant Q-tip.
Irene P. Waters: Hank!
Hank Evans: What? I'm jokin' with the guy. Bringin' a little sunshine into his life. Careful, you'll peel.

Irene P. Waters: You should be furious. I just dropped kicked you right in the face.
Charlie Baileygates: Hey, it happens

EDIT

All of these quotes can be found at:

-- www.imdb.com --

[edit on 24-4-2006 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Armageddon

Harry, the clock on that nine-foot nuclear weapon is ticking.

Independence Day

I know you didn't shoot that green sh*t at me!
Hope you've got an airbag!

Star Trek The Wrath of Kahn

The best defence is a good offence and I intend to start offending right away.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"No, no, no. Athousand times no. Not if you tied my tongue to the tailpipe of your car and dragged me naked, screaming at eighty miles an hour across fields of broken glass!"

Only James Woods could say a line like that.

James Woods, The Hard Way.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
V for Vendetta:

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. " - V

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Pulp Fiction:

Captain Koons: "The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any of the slopes were gonna get their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something: his @$$. Five long years, he wore this watch up his @$$. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my @$$ for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you."

Jules: "What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?"

-tts

[edit on 29-6-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Jules: "Say "what" again. Say it one more goddamned time. I dare ya, I double dare ya!"

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Signs:
Bo Hess: "There's a monster outside my window, can I have a glass of water?"

Psycho:
Norman Bates: She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?

Pulp Fiction
Vincent: Yeah, it breaks down like this: it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it and, if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, which doesn't really matter 'cause -- get a load of this -- if the cops stop you, it's illegal for them to search you. Searching you is a right that the cops in Amsterdam don't have.

-tts

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest........fav quotes..

Chief Bromden: Mmmmmm, Juicy Fruit.

Nurse Ratched: Aren't you ashamed?
Billy: No, I'm not.
[Applause from friends]
Nurse Ratched: You know Billy, what worries me is how your mother is going to take this.
Billy: Um, um, well, y-y-y-you d-d-d-don't have to t-t-t-tell her, Miss Ratched.
Nurse Ratched: I don't have to tell her? Your mother and I are old friends. You know that.
Billy: P-p-p-please d-d-don't tell my m-m-m-mother.

The Deer Hunter!

Nick: I don't think about that much with one shot anymore, Mike.
Michael: You have to think about one shot. One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot

Michael: Every time he comes up, he's got no knife, he's got no jacket, he's got no pants, he's got no boots. All he's got is that stupid gun he carries around like John Wayne.

The Mission!

Mendoza: Though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains and have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor and though I give my body to be burned and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
Love suffereth and love is kind.
Love envieth not.
Love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But when I became a man, I put away childish things.
But now abideth faith, hope, love... these three.
But the greatest of these is love.

See Spot Run! (David Arquette)2002

Neighbor: Hey, shutup down there!
Gordon: I'm covered in ca-ca!

Officer in Alaska: You seem especially happy to be here!
Murdoch: My face was frozen this way.

Enemy of the State!

Congressman Sam Albert: [On TV] We knew that we had to monitor our enemies. We've also come to realise that we need to monitor the people who are monitoring them...
Carla Dean: Well who's gonna monitor the monitors of the monitors.
Robert Clayton Dean: I wouldn't mind doing a little monitoring myself.
Carla Dean: Yes, and you've got lots and lots of monitoring to do.
Eric Dean: Are you guys talking about sex?

Brill: The government's been in bed with the entire telecommunications industry since the forties. They've infected everything.
Brill: They get into your bank statements, computer files, email, listen to your phone calls... Every wire, every airwave. The more technology used, the easier it is for them to, keep tabs on you.
Brill: It's a brave new world out there. At least it better be
Lingerie Salesgirl: [Robert Clayton Dean is buying lingerie] What size?
Robert Clayton Dean: What? Oh, my wife?
[a girl walks past, Dean watches and points at her]
Lingerie Salesgirl: A six?
Robert Clayton Dean: Yeh, a six.
Lingerie Salesgirl: And what about cup size?
[She points at her own breasts]
Robert Clayton Dean: Oh no, she's much bigger than that.

Brill: Do they know me?
Robert Clayton Dean: Who's them?
Brill: Do they know me?
Robert Clayton Dean: I don't know what you're talking about.
Brill: Either you are very smart or... incredibely stupid.

Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

Blanche: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair.
Jane: But cha AAH, Blanche, ya AAH in that chair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jane: You mean all this time we could have been friends?

A beautiful Mind (Russel Crowe 2001)

Alicia: How big is the universe?
Nash: Infinite.
Alicia: How do you know?
Nash: I know because all the data indicates it's infinite.
Alicia: But it hasn't been proven yet.
Nash: No.
Alicia: You haven't seen it.
Nash: No.
Alicia: How do you know for sure?
Nash: I don't, I just believe it.
Alicia: It's the same with love I guess.

Nash: I have respect for beer.

Beetle Juice...
Barbara: We're very unhappy.
Juno: What did you expect? You're dead.

In the waiting room of the afterlife]
Barbara: Adam, is this what happens when you die?
Receptionist: That is what happens when you die, that is what happens when he dies
[pointing to charred man, woman cut in half, etc]
Receptionist: and that is what happens when they die. It's all very personal. And I'll tell you something; if I knew then what I know now
[shows her slit wrists]
Receptionist: I wouldn't have had my little accident.

The Exorcist..

Regan MacNeil: I'm not Regan.
Father Damien Karras: Well, then let's introduce ourselves. I'm Damien Karras.
Regan MacNeil: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Father Damien Karras: If you're the Devil, why don't you make the straps disappear?
Regan MacNeil: That's much too vulgar a display of power, Karras.

Karras' Mother: [to Karras] Why you do this to me, Dimmy?

Thats enough for now!

helen

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Clint Eastwood: "This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you, so remember it. "

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The Craft:
"Can I help you?"
"No.. noone can help me.."

Ntnl Lampoons Christmas Vacation:
"Are you suprised, Clark?"
"Suprised, Eddie?! I wouldnt be more suprised if I woke up tomarrow with my head sewn into the carpet!"

The Matrix 3:
"I had a dream. And now that dream is gone from me."
(Morpheous says this when his ship blows up. It speaks to the fleeting nature of everything. nothing lasts!)

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is from the film Grandmas Boy, if you havent seen it, definately check it out. The funniest film I have seen in a while. That is if you dont mind a lot of rude language and drug use.

Alex: Youre getting a lion?

Dante: Yeah, for protection.

Alex: Havent you ever heard of a dog?

Dante: People can get around a dog, nobody #s with a lion!!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join