It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your Greatest Movie Quote

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
From Good Morning Vietnam:

Adrian Cronauer: You are in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
John F. Kennedy's favorite movie quote if he were still alive today: "Houston, we have a problem." Tom Hanks (Jim Lovell)in Apollo 13

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Dog Soldiers - "Now listen up, I wanna make this quick, and to the point, 'cos just like you all I want to do is get home, jump into a warm bed with a nice hot woman and watch the footy."

28 Days Later - "No, no. No, see this is a really s*** idea. You know why? Because it's really obviously a s*** idea."

Buffalo Soldiers - "Ray Elwood: Uh, guys.
Ray Elwood: Guys. Guys!
Someone else: WHAT!
Ray Elwood: Uh, just letting you know, Parsons is dead"
"War is hell, but peace is f***ing boring."

Red Dragon - "Lloyd Bowman: What about sweating Lecter?
Will Graham: We tried sodium amatol on him three years ago to find where he buried a Princeton student; he gave them a recipe for dip."

Platoon - "Somebody once wrote: "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell."

[edit on 24-8-2006 by krax]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sneakers

Crease: Now what are you saying, the NSA killed Kennedy?
Mother: No, they shot him but they didn't kill him. He's still alive.

Dick Gordon: National Security Agency.
Martin Bishop: Ah. You're the guys I hear breathing on the other end of my phone.
Dick Gordon: No, that's the FBI. We're not chartered for domestic surveillance.
Martin Bishop: Oh, I see. You just overthrow governments. Set up friendly dictators.
Dick Gordon: No, that's the CIA. We protect our government's communications, we try to break the other fella's codes. We're the good guys, Marty.
Martin Bishop: Gee, I can't tell you what a relief that is, Dick.
Mother: O.K., boss, this LTX-27 concealable mike is part of the same system that NASA used when they faked the Apollo moon landings. Yeah, the astronauts broadcast around the world from a soundstage at Norton Airforce Base in San Bernadino, California. So it worked for them, shouldn't give us too many problems.

Mother: But the key meeting took place July 3rd, 1958, when the Air Force brought the space visitor to the White House for an interview with President Eisenhower. And Ike said, "hey look, give us your technology, we'll give you all the cow lips you want."

One of my all-time favorite movies...cracks me up everytime I watch it.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Nursing Home Orderly: Good news, everybody, we're extending arts and crafts time by four hours today.

Elderly Woman: My fingers hurt.

Nursing Home Orderly: What's that?

Elderly Woman: My fingers hurt.

Nursing Home Orderly: Oh, well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty. Anybody else's fingers hurt?... I didn't think so. - Ben stiller priceless

Shooter McGavin: Just stay out of my way or you'll pay, listen to what I say.

Happy Gilmore: Hey, why don't I just got and eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?-hahaha

---------

Cotton McKnight: I'm being told that Average Joe's does not have enough players and will be forfeiting the championship match.

Pepper Brooks: It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em- commentators from Dodgeball
)

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
From "the Unforgiven" with Clint eastwood.

KID: We sure killed the heck out of those guuys today
CLINT: Its a hell of a thing killin a man. Take away all hes got; all hes ever gonna have.
KID: I guess they had it comin though huh?
CLINT: We all have it comin kid.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
INDIANA JONES (Harrison Ford): "Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?"
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

YODA (Frank Oz): "Do, or do not. There is no try."
STAR WARS V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

NADA (Roddy Piper): "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum." THEY LIVE

VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN ( Gene Wilder): "Igor, help with the bags"
IGOR ( Marty Feldman): "Certainly, you take the brunette and I'll take the blonde"
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Bad Day at Black Rock was directed by John Sturges, and was considered quite controversial for it's time (1955). It dealt with issues of hatred of Japanese-Americans. Although it never specifically alludes to issues surrounding Internment during WWII it's setting, a miniscule, dying, Mojave Desert town whose backdrop is the Eastern slope of the Sierra's, all but shouts Manzanar. It has an outstanding cast and, while Sturges was a master of photographic effect, the acting carries the film, without recourse to "spectacle"...

Whatever. I recommend it...

Bad Day at Black Rock:

John J. Macreedy (the Good Guy, played by Spencer Tracy): You know, I know what your trouble is, son. You'd like me to die quickly, wouldn't you, without wasting too much of your time; or quietly, so I won't embarrass you too much; or even thankfully, so your memory of the occasion won't be too unpleasant.

John J. Macreedy: (to the town mortician, played by Walter Brennan): Mind not looking at me like that?
Doc T.R. Velie Jr.: Like what?
John J. Macreedy: Like a potential customer.
Doc T.R. Velie Jr.: Huh. Everyone is.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I like Leonardo Decaprio's line in the Titanic at dinner.

"Two days ago I was sleeping under a bridge and now i'm drinking shampane and dining with you fine people."

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
From Seven Days in May

General James Matoon Scott, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs (Burt Lancaster) to Colonel Martin "Jiggs" Casey, his aide (Kirk Douglas)

Scott: "Are you sufficiently up on your Bible to know who Judas was?"
Casey: "Yes, I know who 'Judas' was. He was a man I worked for and admired until he disgraced the four stars on his uniform."

From Blackhawk Down:

Dominick Pilla: Colonel! Colonel! They're shooting at us!
McKnight: Well shoot back!

2 of my fav's (ok...3...) from Dr. Strangelove:

Ripper asks Mandrake if he was tortured by the Japanese while a POW:

General Ripper: No, I mean when they tortured you did you talk?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Ah, oh, no... well, I don't think they wanted me to talk really. I don't think they wanted me to say anything. It was just their way of having a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Mandrake has ordered Guano to shoot the lock off a coke machine in hopes of getting change for a phone call:

Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Colonel "Bat" Guano: I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think General Ripper found out about your preversion, and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts. Now MOVE!

That film has soooo many good lines...

[edit on 56o08e313208e 32 by apocalypticon]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Defoe in "Apocalypse Now" "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

that wasnt defoe, it was duvall

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Gotta be one if not my favorite quote:

Dirty Harry: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?....Well, do ya punk?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Guys (and guyettes), I don't want to be a complete tight@rse, but can we do a little reading before we post our favourite quote, especially if it's already been posted two or three times...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The Shining:

Jack Torrance: Wendy, let me explain something to you. Whenever you come in here and interrupt me, you're breaking my concentration. You're distracting me. And it will then take me time to get back to where I was. You understand?

Wendy Torrance: Yeah.

Jack Torrance: Now, we're going to make a new rule. When you come in here and you hear me typing

[types]

Jack Torrance: or whether you DON'T hear me typing, or whatever the (bleep) you hear me doing; when I'm in here, it means that I am working, THAT means don't come in. Now, do you think you can handle that?

Wendy Torrance: Yeah.

Jack Torrance: Good. Now why don't you start right now and get the (bleep) out of here? Hm?

-tts

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"I'm sick and tired of these muthaf***ing snakes, on this muthaf***ing plane!"

It's my new creedo.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Someone ear;ier posted that there might be an issue with quoting, and Chissler pointed out that no one is claiming these as their own words; I just try to recall some of my favorites, then go to IMDb for the exact words, 'cause I usually don't have it verbatim.

Anyway...

From As Good as it Gets:

Jack Nicholson to the Housekeeper: "Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
- "Hey, Johnny, what are you rebelling against?"
- "What've you got?" ~~Marlon Brando- The Wild One

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Shadow starring Alec Baldwin had several really good lines; Here are a sampling:

Shiwan Khan: Your mind is like an open book to me!
Lamont Cranston: Then learn how to read.

Dr. Roy Tam: I guess you would call it an implosive-explosive sub-molecular device.
Lamont Cranston: Or an Atomic Bomb.
Dr. Roy Tam: Hey, that's catchy.

Farley Claymore: There's a new world order coming, Shadow, and I'm going to be a king! A KING!

Margo Lane: Oh, God I dreamed.
Lamont Cranston: So did I. What did you dream?
Margo Lane: I was lying naked on a beach in the South Seas. The tide was coming up to my toes. The sun was beating down. My skin hot and cool at the same time. It was wonderful. What was yours?
Lamont Cranston: I dreamed I tore all the skin off my face and was somebody else underneath.
Margo Lane: You have problems.
Lamont Cranston: I'm aware of that

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
"True romance" is full of them. FULL of them!

ahhh...i just cant pick just one. sigh.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
From Black Hawk Down :

Durant-Super Six One, go to UHF secure. I've got some bad news.
Wolcott-Limo is a word, Durant. I don't want to hear about it.
Durant-It is not a word. It's not in the dictionary.
Wolcott-Limo is a word in common usage. That is the key phrase in scrabble, my friend.
Durant-No! If it's not in the dictionary, it doesn't count.
Cliff Wolcott-It doesn't have to be in the dictionary!
Durant-It does have to be in the dictionary! Listen, when we get back to base, it's coming off the board.
Cliff Wolcott-You touch my limo and I'll spank you, Night Stalker. You hear me?
Durant-Yeah. Promises.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join