It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your Greatest Movie Quote

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Okay, someone else is going to have to do the fingerwork and post this quote, because it isn't a quote, it's a soliloquy.

The movie was starring Ed Norton and Barry Pepper. Ed Norton went to the dunny and looking in the mirror gave an extensive diatribe against the people of New York. The F-word featured heavily.

If someone knows what I'm talking about they can post it. Great scene of pure self-loathing.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Batman:

Vicki Vale: You're insane!
Joker: I thought I was a Pisces!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Joker: And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME WASHING HIS TIGHTS!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Joker: [fuming] Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a *bat* gets all of my press? This town needs an enema!

Batman Begins:

Alfred Pennyworth: Took quite a fall, didn't we, Master Bruce?
Thomas Wayne: And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Bruce Wayne: A guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues.

-tts

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have 2 that stick out in my head.

Young Guns:

"Did you see the size of that chicken?"

Wyatt Earp: (Doc. Holiday says)

"I'm your huckleberry"

And yes.... many, many good ones from the God Father movies.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Love this line from the Return of the King, she delivers it so well.

"I dreamed I saw a great wave climbing over green lands and above the hills. I stood upon the brink. It was utterly dark in the abyss before my feet. A light shone behind me, but I could not turn. I could only stand there, waiting."
~ Eowyn, The Return of the King

Ultraviolet
Violet: Hello. My name is Violet and I was born into a world you may not understand.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
The Emperor: [to the Senate] In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years.

Those are the ones that caught my attention most...can't think of any more lol..

Gala

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Batman Forever

Two-Face: One man is born a hero, his brother a coward. Babies starve, politicians grow fat. Holy men are martyred, and junkies grow legion. Why? Why, why, why, why, why? Luck! Blind, stupid, simple, doo-dah, clueless luck!

Alfred Pennyworth: Can I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?
Batman: I'll get drive-thru.

Batman & Robin

Robin: I hate to disappoint you but my rubber lips are immune to your charms.

Robin: I want a car, chicks dig the car.
Batman: This is why Superman works alone.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Dr.: Why is that toy on your head?
Chris Knight: Because if I wear it anywhere else it chafes.

Mich Taylor: I had a weird dream last night.
Chris Knight: Is it that dream where you standing on top of a pyramid in sort of son God robes and there are thousands of screaming women throwing thousands of little baby pickles at you?
Mich Taylor: No.
Chris Knight: Why am I the only one who has that dream?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
"Private Pyle, your ass looks like a hundred and fifty pounds of chewed bubblegum."

--Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann
"Full Metal Jacket"

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

[On whether Kirk should assume command from Spock]
Spock: If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a starship is your first, best destiny; anything else is a waste of material.
Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.
Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Kirk: Or the one.
Spock: You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.

Stripes

John Winger: Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

Cast Away

Chuck Noland: Gotta love crab. In the nick of time too. I couldn't take much more of those coconuts. Coconut milk is a natural laxative. That's something Gilligan never told us.

Chuck Noland: We both had done the math. Kelly added it all up and... knew she had to let me go. I added it up, and knew that I had... lost her. 'cos I was never gonna get off that island. I was gonna die there, totally alone. I was gonna get sick, or get injured or something. The only choice I had, the only thing I could control was when, and how, and where it was going to happen. So... I made a rope and I went up to the summit, to hang myself. I had to test it, you know? Of course. You know me. And the weight of the log, snapped the limb of the tree, so I-I - , I couldn't even kill myself the way I wanted to. I had power over *nothing*. And that's when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket. I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that's what I did. I stayed alive. I kept breathing. And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail. And now, here I am. I'm back. In Memphis, talking to you. I have ice in my glass... And I've lost her all over again. I'm so sad that I don't have Kelly. But I'm so grateful that she was with me on that island. And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Wyatt Earp: (Doc. Holiday says)

"I'm your huckleberry"

I'm thinking that was Val Kilmer in Tombstone.

Which I much preferred to Wyatt Earp. Not that Quaid did a bad job, I just don't remember it as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Fight Club:

Narrator: First person that comes out this (Bleep) door gets a... gets a *lead salad*, you understand?

Tyler Durden: Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything.

Richard Chesler: Is that your blood?
Narrator: Some of it, yeah.

Tyler Durden: The things you own end up owning you.

-tts

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Quoted by Quint in the movie Jaws

"It proves one thing Mr. Hooper, it proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong."

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Blazing Saddles

Taggart: I got it. I got it.
Hedley Lamarr: You do?
Taggart: We'll work up a "Number 6" on 'em.
Hedley Lamarr: "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...
Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?
Taggart: NAW. We rape the # out of them at the Number 6 Dance later on.
Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous.

(If a part of this quote is unacceptable for ATS, please edit or ask me to edit)

[edit on 28-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Matthew McConaughey in "Dazed and Confused":

"I keep gettin' older, and they stay the same age."

and

" You ought to ditch the two geeks your in the car with now and get in with us. But that's alright, we'll worry about that later. "

Christopher Lloyd in "Back to the Future"

"ONE POINT TWENTY ONE JIGAWATTS!!!!"

[edit on 28-10-2006 by tha stillz]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Miilion Dollar Baby:

Frankie Dunn: How many eyes do you need to finish this fight?
Maggie Fitzgerald: One's enough.
Frankie Dunn: So is Jesus a Demigod?
Father Horvak: There are no Demigods, you ******* Pagan!
Maggie Fitzgerald: I can't be like this, Frankie. Not after what I've done. I've seen the world. People chanted my name. Well, not my name, some damn name you gave me. They were chanting for me. I was in magazines. You think I ever dreamed that'd happen? I was born two pounds, one-and-a-half ounces. Daddy used to tell me I'd fight my way into this world, and I'd fight my way out. That's all I wanna do, Frankie. I just don't wanna fight you to do it. I got what I needed. I got it all. Don't let 'em keep taking it away from me. Don't let me lie here 'till I can't hear those people chanting no more.

Platoon:

Junior: Free your mind, your @$$ will follow.

Fargo:

Lou: You alright there, Margie?
Marge Gunderson: Oh, I just think I'm gonna barf.....Well, that passed. Now I'm hungry again.
Carl Showalter: I don't want more ******* pancakes, man. I want to go somewhere I can get a shot and a beer, and a steak, maybe. Hey, I know this place outside Brainerd where we can get laid.
Gaer Grimsrud: Look, I'm ******* hungry now, you know.
Carl Showalter: O.K., we'll go get some ******* pancakes and then get laid.

-tts

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
"I told you they were wimps."
- Ajax, after beating the crap out of the Baseball Furies in The Warriors

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A Beautiful Mind:

John Nash: I have respect for beer.

John Nash: There's no point in being nuts if you can't have a little fun.

-tts

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
From Tigerland-I forget which character said it
:"Courage is when you're the only guy who knows how #-scared you really are."

From The Untouchables
Malone: "Now, what are you prepared to do?"

From For Love of the Game
Gus: "You know Chappy, lots of little bottles makes a big bottle."

From Alfie
Alfie: "I don't have peace of mind, and if you don't have that, you have nothing."

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join