It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your Greatest Movie Quote

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Samuel L Jacksons chr on The Boondocks:

Rummi: "The absence of evidence, is not the evidence of absence."

Rummi: "Well, what I'm sayin is that there are known knowns, and there are known unknowns, but there are unknown unknowns. Things that we don't know that we don't know."

from another the boondocks episode:

("Eye of the Tiger" is playing on the radio)
(Granddad shuts the radio off)
Granddad: I hate this damn song.
Riley: I can't believe you got your ass whupped by a blind man, Granddad!
Granddad: My knee went out! You know I got a bad knee!
Riley: Bad knee?! That nigga had bad eyes! He couldn't see, Granddad! He beat you like a piñata!
Granddad: Nah...
Riley: Heh heh. Yo, we could rent Granddad for Mexican birthday parties! We could call him "Señor Piñata"! Ha ha ha! Hola, Señor Piñata!
(Riley laughing)
Granddad: Stop it, boy - STOP IT! WHERE'S MY BELT?!

Stinkmeaner: Yeah, they not so new anymore, ARE they - niiiiga?!
(Riley in background: Yeah, I KNOW you ain't gon' let that nigga step on your shoes!)
(Granddad's getting really mad)
Riley: AND that nigga spittin' on you! Hit 'im, Granddad! Hit 'im! Hit 'im! Yeeeeaaaahhhh!!! Hit 'im!
(Granddad misses)
Riley: Oh, MAN!
Stinkmeaner: Awwwwwww YEAH!!!
(hits Granddad with his cane)
Granddad: My bad knee! Oh, lawdy lawdy lawd! My knee! My bad knee!
Riley in background: What happened?! Great! Granddad, get up, that nigga blind! What you doin'?! Man, ohhhh, man...! You lose ALL yo' pimp status!

Riley: Whew, whew, I must be blind too 'cause I SHO didn't see that ass whoopin' comin. Ha ha ha ha.
Granddad: Boyyyyy.
Huey: Riley!
Riley: Yo, how bad you got to telegraph yo punches for a blind nigga to see you comin', Granddad?!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
[voiceover narration, referring to his lawyer's courtroom speech

Ed Crane: And then it was Riedenschneider's turn. I gotta hand it to him, he tossed a lot of sand in their eyes. He talked about how I'd lost my place in the universe; how I was too ordinary to be the criminal mastermind the D.A. made me out to be; how there was some greater scheme at work that the state had yet to unravel. And he threw in some of the old "truth" stuff he hadn't had a chance to trot out for Doris. He told them to look at me, look at me close. That the closer they looked, the less sense it would all make; that I wasn't the kind of guy to kill a guy; that I was The Barber, for Christsake. I was just like them - an ordinary man. Guilty of living in a world that had no place for me, yeah. Guilty of wanting to be a dry cleaner, sure. But not a murderer. He said I *was* modern man, and if they voted to convict me, well, they'd be practically cinching the noose around their own necks. He told them to look, not at the facts, but at the meaning of the facts. Then he said the facts had no meaning. It was a pretty good speech. It even had me going...

--"The Man Who Wasn't There"

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Vincent: Want some bacon?

Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.

Vincent: Are you Jewish?

Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

Vincent: Why not?

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy [animal]. Pigs sleep and root in [feces]. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin'...pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

--"Pulp Fiction"

[edit on 2006/1/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy [animal]. Pigs sleep and root in [feces]. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense enough to disregard its own feces.

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin'...pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

--"Pulp Fiction"

Jules: Wanna know what I'm buyin' Ringo?

Pumpkin: What?

Jules: Your life. I'm givin' you that money so I don't hafta kill [you]. You read the Bible?

Pumpkin: Not regularly.

Jules: There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

I been sayin' that...for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant [you]. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to [someone] before you popped a cap in [him]. But I saw [something] this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous [behind] in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that...ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

--"Pulp Fiction"

Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?

Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?

Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what...a Quarter Pounder is.

Jules: Then what do they call it?

Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.

Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?

Vincent: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.

Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?

Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

--"Pulp Fiction"

[edit on 2006/1/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You know grady every time I've gone through McDonalds I always think about a Royal With Cheese. lol!!!!!

from Team America: World Police

Kim Jong Il: I was sent from pranet Xiron to conquer the Earf / I had a twiffic pran - I thought it would work / I tried to get the Earfrings all to kill each other, y'see / But it all went wrong and now I must decree / You are worthress Arec Bardwin / You are worthress Arec Bardwin / You have faiwred in every way / and now my stock in you has fawren / Your career is stawrin' / and you're worthress Arec Bardwin / That's why I brew your head off / And your chirdren are all bawrin' / Pranet Xiron is inhabited with Xipods rike me / But arso with Balmacs who are giant bees / The Xipods and the Balmacs are at constant war / So we wanted a new home and that's what Earf was for / But you are worthress Arec Bardwin / You are worthress Arec Bardwin / You #ed up my whole plan / and now Xiron is smeared with Balmac porren / Your garbage needs some hawring / and you're worthress Arec Bardwin / Now I must return home a faiwrure / I'm afraid the pit of Cryrock is cawrin'.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

ONe of my Faves too...top 10 material..

--"Pulp Fiction"

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dont know if this one has been done already....

Devil's Advocate - Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man INSTINCTS! He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusment, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition.

It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste! Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha! And when you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, f**kin' a$$ off. He's a tight-a$$! He's a sadist! He's an absentee landlord. Worship THAT? NEVER!"

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Jimmy Gator: The book says, "We might be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."

--"Magnolia"

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Frank: "Raymond! Where's the f**kin' beer?

Raymond: "Right here Frank. You want me to pour it?"

Frank: "No, I want ya to f**k it. S**t yes, pour the f**kin' beer."

Raymond: "There ya go."

Frank: "Good, let's drink up."

Ben: "To your health Frank."

Frank: "S**t. Let's drink to something else. Let's drink to f**kin'. Say here's to your f**k Frank."

Ben: "If you like Frank. Here's to your f**k. Cheers."

Frank: (Laughs loud)"Cheers. Suave man. You're so f**kin' suave. WE LOVE BEN! Here's to Ben!"

- Blue Velvet

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
[At a seminar, Charlie Kaufman has asked McKee for advice on his new screenplay in which 'nothing much happens']

Robert McKee: Nothing happens in the world? Are you out of your...mind? People are murdered every day. There's genocide, war, corruption. Every...day, somewhere in the world, somebody sacrifices his life to save someone else. Every...day, someone, somewhere makes a conscious decision to destroy someone else. People find love, people lose it. For Christ's sake, a child watches her mother beaten to death on the steps of a church. Someone goes hungry. Somebody else betrays his best friend for a woman. If you can't find that stuff in life, then you, my friend, don't know...about life. And why...are you wasting my two precious hours with your movie? I don't have any use for it. I don't have any bloody use for it.

Charlie Kaufman: Ok, thank you.

--"Adaptation"

John Laroche: Point is, what's so wonderful is that every one of these flowers has a specific relationship with the insect that pollinates it. There's a certain orchid look exactly like a certain insect so the insect is drawn to this flower, its double, its soul mate, and wants nothing more than to make love to it. And after the insect flies off, spots another soul-mate flower and makes love to it, thus pollinating it. And neither the flower nor the insect will ever understand the significance of their lovemaking. I mean, how could they know that because of their little dance the world lives? But it does. By simply doing what they're designed to do, something large and magnificent happens. In this sense they show us how to live - how the only barometer you have is your heart. How, when you spot your flower, you can't let anything get in your way.

--"Adaptation"

Susan Orlean: There are too many ideas and too many people. And too many directions to go. I was starting to believe that the reason it matters to care passionately about something, is that is whittles the world down to a more manageable size.

--"Adaptation"

Charlie Kaufman: [voice-over] I'm pathetic, I'm a loser. I have failed, I am panicked. I've sold out, I am worthless, I... What...am I doing here? What...am I doing here? It is my weakness, my ultimate lack of conviction that brings me here. Easy answers used to shortcut yourself to success. And here I am because [of] my jump into the abysmal well - isn't that just a risk one takes when attempting something new? I should leave here right now. I'll start over. I need to face this project head on and...

Robert McKee: ...and God help you if you use voice-over in your work, my friends. God help you. That's flaccid, sloppy writing. Any idiot can write a voice-over narration to explain the thoughts of a character.

--"Adaptation"

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Rex - "At Rex-Kwon-Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over there? (points to Kip)
Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anyone wants a round-house kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it."

- Napoleon Dynamite

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Napolean Dynamite

How about his uncle...

Uncle Rico: How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, I guess we need to be cautious about this thread since, it's nothing but quotes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I do not think we are in any direct violation here, several times the quotes have been taken from www.imdb.com and it has been referenced. When IMDB has not been, the actual movie we are taking it from has been. Seems like we have nothing to worry about in my opinion. If I am wrong i apolgize and stand corrected.

What else could we do other than post the movie title however? Not one person here has claimed these to be their own words.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I hope you are correct chissler, this is one of my favourite threads.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sgt. Lee- "You wanna hear the secret of Vietnam? The secret of Vietnam's simple... I loved it. Goddamned turkey shoot. Whole damn thing was nothin' but fun. I f**kin' well loved it. Everyone else woulda too, if we hadda won. And I did all sorts of s**t. Everything you've been doin' here and more... lots more." Buffalo Soldiers

Col. Marshall- " Seem to recall this General Hood. He was involved in some disastrous battle and lost a leg didn't he?"

Col. Berman- "I wouldn't say it was disastrous."

Col. Marshall- "And an arm. He lost an arm as well didn't he."

Col. Berman- "No, he didn't lose an arm, he lost the use of it. He kept the actual arm." Buffalo Soldiers

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
"What is this mickey mouse !@#$. Why is private Pile out of his bunk?! Why is private Pile holding that weapon?! Why are not not stomping private Pile's guts out!?!?"

Full Metal Jacket

"You know I have noticed an Infestation around here....Everywhere I look, nothing but unintelligent, unevolved, barely concious pond scum, totally convinced of their own superiority as they scurry about at their short, pointless lives......"

"There is always a Arkillian battleship, or a Terillian deathray, or an intergalactic plague about to wipe out life on this miserable little planet. The only way these people get along with their HAPPY lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT."

MiB

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
From "Stripes"

C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia! We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again! We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia! It's like we're going into Wisconsin!

From "Saving Private Ryan"

Careful you dont step in the bullsh*t

From "Office Space"

I told those fudge packers I like Michael Boltons music.

Just 3 of my favorites.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Withnail- (Reading from paper)"In a world exclusive interview, thirty-three year old shot-putter Jeff Wode, who weighs three hundred and seventeen pounds, admitted taking massive doses of anabolic steroids, drugs banned in sport. 'He used to get in bad tempers and act daft', said his wife,'He used to pick on me. But now he's stopped, he's much better in our sex life and in our general life.'"

*Marwood pours water from the kettle into a bowl and goes back into the living room. Withnail follows, becoming interested in the newspaper story*

Withnail- "Jesus Christ, this huge, thatched head with it's earlobes and cannonball is now considered sane. Jeff Wode is feeling better and is now prepared to step back into society and start tossing his orb about.(Waves paper at Marwood) Look at him. Look at Jeff Wode. His head must weigh fifty pounds on it's own."

*Withnail stands in front of a mirror, combing his lank hair back. Marwood sits on the sofa and spoons coffee from the bowl. Withnail is becoming fascinated by Jeff Wode*

Withnail- "Imagine the size of his balls. Imagine getting into a fight with the f**ker."

Marwood- "Please, I don't feel good."

Withnail- "That's what you'd say, but that wouldn't wash with Jeff. No, he'd like a bit of pleading. Adds spice to it. In fact, he'd probably tell you what he was gonna do before he did it.(Withnail acts out scene) 'I'm gonna pull your head off.' 'No, please don't pull my head off.' 'I'm gonna pull your head off because I don't like your head.'" - Withnail and I

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
12 Monkeys:

"I just got attacked by a crazy dentist and a coked-up whore!"

Blackhawk Down:

(from IMDB.com cause I couldn't remember it all properly)

Durant: "Six-One, this is six-four, go to UHF secure I've got some bad news."

Wolcott: "Limo is a word, Durant. I don't want to hear about it."

Durant: "It is not a word, it's an abbreviation of a word."

Wolcott: "Limo is a word in common usage, that is the key phrase in scrabble, my friend. Common usage."

Durant: "No. If it's not in the dictionary it doesn't count."

Wolcott: "It doesn't have to be in the dictionary."

Durant: "It does have to be in the dictionary. Listen, when we get back to the base it's coming off the board."

Wolcott: "You touch my limo and I'll spank you, Night Stalker. You hear me?"

Durant: "Yeah, promises."

(from memory)

Sergeant Ruiz (aping Captain Steele): "My boot will fit up your arse with the proper amount of force applied."

Gunner: "Colonel, they're shooting at us!"

McKnight: "Well shoot back." (to which I can only say "Duh!")

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join