It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X hits earth again 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
when wen the eve of 2012 comes around and planet X is going to collide with the earth and most likely destroying it ...all i can say is its gonna be one hell of a show and a hell of a way to die if u ask me....

and if it doesnt happen i think the whole idea could make a kickass movie..

be like armaggedon 2.. or something....

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hate to blow the crap out of all this horse manure but there is absolutly nothing special about 2012 (apart from the star chart thing.)
No weirdo calculation about 2012 being the end of time the universe earth santa the easter bunny or anyhting else is true.
The calender isnt even really based on anyhting, even if you are christian the calender still doesnt fit its around 4 year off last time i checked so it should be 2008 or 2016 but that still wouldnt mean a thing.
Gid damn heathens.

apc

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

In 2012 this will happen www.albinoblacksheep.com...

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha killer, B!

Well... if the end comes I'll still be alive. Unless I'm dead.

Besides, the whole ancient idea of the world moving from one period to the next is only certain lifeforms die, while the rest survive. Earth getting hit by another planet would kind of rule out even cockroaches surviving would it not?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have heard many stories about the Mayan Calenders and the fact that there are supposedly 13 Crystal Skulls of knowledge and then you have the interpretations of other worlds existing that are in our Solar system.
The "DOOMSDAY" clock has been clicking for the longest time of all clocks. It marks the beginning of the end and that is the best translation I can give for the "Inevitable" coming of our demises and , if you think about it, "The only true reality of it is that we are all going to die,wether it be in this world when,(and if) it ever colides with another world,or by chance slleping next to the one you love or in a dream of bliss,"It's going to happen someday' so why worry about for this moment?
Great topic though, in a scientific kind of material way.

This world was hit with caticlismic events before our time, and I am sure it will happen again,with something concerning outer spaces of our planet.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How will the Earth be hit again in 2012 by an object that hit the earth 4.6-4.3 billion years ago and became part of the Earth and Moon?

Jeeze what a foolish concept.

apc

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus
...and became part of the Earth and Moon?

Actually the running theory states that this mystery planet just nicked Earth knocking a large chunk free which became our moon. The planet then was either destroyed in the collision or knocked into a degenerative orbit eventually falling into the sun. The likelihood that it could have been placed into a stable eliptical orbit around the sun is less than slim.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Actually the running theory states that this mystery planet just nicked Earth knocking a large chunk free which became our moon. The planet then was either destroyed in the collision or knocked into a degenerative orbit eventually falling into the sun. The likelihood that it could have been placed into a stable eliptical orbit around the sun is less than slim.

You cannot just 'nick' a planet. Two bolides colliding would have a cataclysmic effect on each other. The running theory as I understand is still the the collision between the Earth and a Mars-sized object. The smaller bolide smashed into us, the 'splash' pieces became the moon and it rained rocks for a while. How do we know this? The pieces that became the moon are all mantle rocks - the Moon does not have an iron core. The core in the smaller bolide was absorbed into the Earth's core.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Also, because of that the Earth is the densest planet in the Solar System. It's also why we've got a lot more iron than we should.

Composition of the Earth:

iron: 35.1 %
oxygen: 28.2 %
silicon: 17.2 %
magnesium: 15.9 %
nickel: 1 .6 %
calcium: 1.6 %
aluminium: 1.5 %
sulfur: 0.70 %
sodium: 0.25 %
titanium: 0.071 %
potassium: 0.019 %
other elements: 0.53 %

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Astronomers regularly plot the orbits of asteroids in the sub-kilometer category out for decades with accuracy on the order of tens of kilometers. If something the size of the proposed Planet X was going to get dangerously close to the Earth in under seven years, we would have spotted it long ago. There's just no way a previously undiscovered planet orbiting the Sun outside the orbit of Pluto could get this close to the Sun that quickly, even if perturbed by an unusual alignment of inner planets.

On the other hand, a small, fast-moving black hole or other exotic object originating from outside our solar system striking the Earth, that I could see happening: news.bbc.co.uk...

apc

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If I am in error then I am in error. It's been a while since I was in school. But, at last study, the suggestion that Earth absorbed this impacting planet was ruled out. Yes, planets can just "nick" eachother. There's a significant amount of mass moving at tremendous speeds. The entire process may take days or even weeks, but there is no reason to assume it impossible. Again, if the theory has drastically changed in recent years, then I am operating on outdated information.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Don't feel bad. What we know today may become outdated itself in the next 10 years. They're always refining the theories. That's why it's a scientific theory, and not scientific law.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
so the ending times of the 2012-13 years yeah that is possible that we may die but did you guys even here about 2006 that the world was supose to end this year. the mayan calaender ends this years and that calaender was more accurate than are in the great year of 2006 so you guys are looking forward or maybe your not but you also gotta watch for this years because a lot of bad things will happean this years if you guys wanna replay to that go ahead im ready form some input

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the last time i heard the name planet x was on the bugs bunny and tweety show. if it even exieted at all, the hubble telescope would have spotted it years ago and nasa would have made it public or the information would have been leaked. but a planet crashing into earth because of its orbit? some ones been taking to many conspiracy pills lately.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
an orbit that sent something that far from the sun would cast the object completely out of the solar system. that's dumb.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yeah, the Mayan calandar stops at 2012. What happened? Simple. They ran out of paper!!

Well, that's the 22nd time the world is supposed to end. The first time it ended was in 1962 or so. And ever since, till this day, we've been hearing 'authentic' doomsday predictions!
I ain't gonna pack my bags and head for the hills no more. I've run out of gas and the price has gone thru the roof!

All these 'expert' theories of a Planet X big bang, Mayan calandar predictions, pole shifts, Earth aligning with galactic planes, Earth entering some other esoteric dimension in 2012, Earth ploughing thru some cosmic dust particles begining 2012, the start of WW III, blah blah and blah.
Just chill guys. NOTHING is gonna happen. Just uncork your beer and enjoy.
You never know. The World could end tomorrow!!!!!

[edit on 27-2-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yea, well I have a program on my computer and the last date on it is 9999! So yea... that's when the world is really gunna end! HMMPF!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Actually its even more confusing. A compass has a magnetic needle with one pole marked 'north'. Its a magnetic north pole. It is not attracted to another magnetic north. Magnetic Norths repel each other. The magnetic north end of the needle, which is what points in the geographic direction of 'North', is being attracted by a magnetic south pole.
...unless I am confusing myself and its the other way around!

Nah,
The N on a compass needle means "This end is pointing North." If you don't want to be confused, always think of it that way.

In fact, the N is printed (or stamped) onto the south pole of the magnet. But forget I said that if you want to be happy.

Otherwise, great post straightening out the diff between the geomagnetic and geographic, Nygdan. There sure do seem to be a lot of folks at ATS that believe they are somehow related, or even the same.

Harte

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
In order to save the Earth NASA must check out the following senario.

NASA must start studying to possibility of pushing an asteroid into the Planet sized body that the Maya predict will hit the Earth in 2012.

If the object is indeed planet sized we do not have enough Nuclear Bombs to deflect it.

NASA will have to crash an asteroid into it in order to save the Earth.

Howard Scott Pearlman

[email protected]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Just to get it striaght...Planet X does exist..(look at nasa website) and according to scientists it has a moon also...they dubbed the planet and the moon Xena and Gabrielle...but they dont want that to be permenate

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
If 2012 IS the end of the world, would you REALLY want to know, and would it REALLY matter HOW it happened? Personally I agree. I can't wait until 2013 so I can laugh at all the doomsayers.

but as soon as 2012 and 2013 pass, it'll be 2020 the next doomsday, then after that it'll be 2025 and so on, and so on, and so on.........................................................................................

basically until people stop believing every word a predictionist might claim, then we'll never get out of this fad. this is not the first time people have predicted the end of the world. remember new years eve 1999? all hell was supposed to break loose, jesus was supposed to be paying a visit with other numerous wierd things happening...what happened in the end... nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join