It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X hits earth again 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
basically until people stop believing every word a predictionist might claim, then we'll never get out of this fad. this is not the first time people have predicted the end of the world. remember new years eve 1999? all hell was supposed to break loose, jesus was supposed to be paying a visit with other numerous wierd things happening...what happened in the end... nothing.

Before that it was 1666

You guys want a prediction? Here's mine, based on known scientific facts -- the end result may not be true, but it's as good an extrapolation if trends continue..

CO2 will hit the critical 480-500 ppm mark by 2012. This will raise temperatures worldwide significantly, causing the peat trapped in permafrost of the tundra regions to thaw out and release more CO2 and CH4 (methane). In a sort of feedback loop, this will heat the planet even more from the greenhouse effect and cause gas hydrates at the bottom of oceans and seabeds to release even more CO2 and CH4. That will cause the icecaps to melt and reduce the albedo (reflectivity) of the regions under it causing more solar heat to be absorbed.

Combined with the other computer prediction model posted somewhere on these boards that solar flare activity will peak around 2012, I'd say that if WW3 doesn't start and we send ourselves into a nuclear winter, we'll all be cooked by 2012. Or at least us humans living near the equator will be cooked.

If us Equatorians don't die, one unfortunate side effect from the increased heat in the equatorial regions is that we will get pissed off easily. Read up on the heat-aggression hypothesis and you'll understand what I mean. So we'll be more easily provoked and that's bad for productivity because we will all be fighting and injuring each other. Or the heat might make us lazier and want to sleep. Either way it's not good.

Of course I could be terribly wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
All I can be 100% sure of is that lots of authors will make lots of money writing books about how the world will end in 2012...

...and quietly disappear for a while in 2013 before remerging a few years later to tell us how new calculations actually show the world will end in 2036 and they're sorry they got it wrong before, but please buy their new book and all will be revealed

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

- In a way I cant wait it New Years Day 2013...when all of the crazy rumors out there about 2012 being the year of armageddon are finally put to sleep.

They'll just claim bad math and change it to 2016.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
in 2012, someone will be born. and they will live to be 90, and they will be the first person to experience living past the reverse order of numbers, from which you were born. ahah get it? 2012-2102. no doomsday.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If nothing happens and december 2012 comes and goes without any event, I will stop believing in this. If anyone makes up any new theories after that, they're on their own. But I have been hearing about this date for the last 15 years, so I will be ready just in case.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aztecatl
If nothing happens and december 2012 comes and goes without any event, I will stop believing in this. If anyone makes up any new theories after that, they're on their own. But I have been hearing about this date for the last 15 years, so I will be ready just in case.

Yeah I remember the same sort of thought process people had for december 31st 1999. Nothing happened, and nothing will happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yeah shaunybaby, but there were no legends connected to that date ;-) just the Y2K thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We dont have enough nukes to blow up planet X?????

I've a small feeling thats wrong America alone could probably blow this planet into completly nothing so whats stopping them just giving it a nudge so it misses us and spirals ito the Sun, now if only they could make it happen on bonfire night.

Thats all assuming there is a planet X thats on a collision course with Earth, oh whoops I forgot there is but the Illuminati dont want you to know so they can take over the world, silly me.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe it was all a cruel joke,perhaps they said"Let's end the calader here,boy that should trip someone out"

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
First, a planet with that trajectory that distant would probably not return to this solar system or its orbit would slowly stabilize like the other planets in our solar system. Second, if such a collision occurred ~3600 years ago we would not exist because it would ruin our orbit and thus the ecological balance we depend on--every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Third, the Sumerian "depictions of our solar system" can only be interpreted as decorations because they believed the Earth was flat and was the center of the Universe. Fourth, Nibiru was the name of Jupiter and of one of their mythological gods and not of a rogue planet. Fifth, no such planet exists. The whole thing is a myth.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by megamanXplosion]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
We dont have enough nukes to blow up planet X?????

I've a small feeling thats wrong America alone could probably blow this planet into completly nothing so whats stopping them just giving it a nudge so it misses us and spirals ito the Sun, now if only they could make it happen on bonfire night.

Thats all assuming there is a planet X thats on a collision course with Earth, oh whoops I forgot there is but the Illuminati dont want you to know so they can take over the world, silly me.

No nation has enough nukes to blow up an Earth-sized planet. Hell, not even a Mars-sized planet. You'd scorch the surface a bit, but not destroy it. You'd need about several thousands times more nukes and some way to stick them in the molten core of a planet, and even then it probably wouldn't work - apart from a few eruptions of radioactive lava.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I am in near shock that only 1 person has brought up the May, 2003. This is when Nibiru was to pass close to Earth on its way past to going around our Sun. As we know, the magnetic pole reversal or the stopping of Earths rotaion did not happen.
Now, just because it did not happen does not mean that Nibiru does not exist, It could be that its magnetic and gravitational properties may not be what we thought it was. Or it is really not as close as predicted. As this "planet" nears our Sun, it will speed up. Maybe the guess was off by by a dozen years or so.
As for its unusual path, this is where the suggestion of the "dark star" comes in. A planet that is part of two suns maybe? a "Twin Star?" A star that is either mostly dead or has not started a reaction yet. I have read many different ideas for Earth life due to this so called planet. The most popular that I used to come across is that the Twin star is a dead star from an older system when at some point Nibiru was thrown from its orbit toward our sun and made contact with Earth creating our moon and leaving life on our planet. I find this very very unlikley due to the time that Earth became "alive" and the time the moon was created has some differences in time.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
deny ignorance? NOT ONE MAYAN ELDER HAS SAID THE END OF THE WORLD WILL HAPPEN IN 2012...so i dont know who these people are that can't wait to prove all these so called 2012 doomsdayers...do yourself a favour and check out a site like mayanmajix.com

we are the ones we have been waiting for!!!! that's right..conscious co creation

peace

[edit on 25-4-2006 by invisibleplane]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
it was announced yesterday that the WTC rebuilding project is a go. Silverstein agreed to the ground zero requests and he expects construction to be completed by ........drumroll........

I found it kinda spooky.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
lol, the only thing thats going to happen on 2012 is the doomsayers are going to say "The earth will end in the year 2021"

And so on...

and so forth...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
my comment is...

What if the pyramids were designed to protects against the end of the world a long time ago! Like big "Noah's arcs" You know, to like protect against planet X's arrival and destructive deed.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by OctopusDr]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OctopusDr
my comment is...

What if the pyramids were designed to protects against the end of the world a long time ago! Like big "Noah's arcs" You know, to like protect against planet X's arrival and destructive deed.

Okay... How...?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
MAYBE THE U.S.A FOUND OUT A WHILE BACK... ROSWELL??? AND THEY'VE BEEN BUILDING WEAPONS TO MESS THAT PLANET UP EVER SINCE. ALL THE FUNDS?? BASES?? SPACE CAPABLE NUKES?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

We can see clear proof that the continents were all once connected by simply looking at a map of the Earth and seeing how the pieces fit. That would only mean that at one time, Earth was basically half a planet.

What a load of crap!
Because there is no land on one side of the earth dosn't mean a mystical planet exists. Whoever wrote that article is an idiot, who has no common sence, whoever beleives them is also an idiot.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
in 2012, someone will be born. and they will live to be 90, and they will be the first person to experience living past the reverse order of numbers, from which you were born. ahah get it? 2012-2102. no doomsday.

err - 1891 to 1981 ?? or 1781 to 1871 ? etc etc back to 1011 to 1101 ???

amazingly there were no doomsdays then either

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join