It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X hits earth again 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
...my astronomy software and all the actual astronomy websites seem to say different.

Different astronomical computer programs apparently give slightly different results.

Source.

I have also heard that 2012 is the date for an alignment of the earth and the galactic meridian, or whatever it's called. If you care to do a Google search you will see that this information, true or not, is being espoused by a fair few people, so IMO, it's hardly fair to jump on one guy for relating this.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well to tell you the truth guys i dont really care even if this planet is going to hit the earth or not. The future is unpredictable as i may die by 2012 by any kind of reasons .

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

I have also heard that 2012 is the date for an alignment of the earth and the galactic meridian, or whatever it's called.

A typical piece of deceptive nonsense. Try aligning a ball with, say, the edge of a field.......

As for Planet X - didn't it pass close by Earth in 2003, killing most of us due to a pole reversal or something? It's not due back for another 3,600 years so you can put your minds to rest on that one

Mind you, in 2003 I suppose most of us had already died frollowing the great planetary alignment that occurred in May 2002. Forget what it did - triggered a new ice age or something. Or was it a global flood

Or did that happen in May 2000?

That's the trouble with the end of the world, happens every day.......

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Not once anywhere in this thread have I said that I believe in any of this planet collosion theory. The way I look at it, if the last time "Planet X" was around, it hit us, surely it would have altered not only our orbit, but it's own as well? Surely that greatly reduces the chances of another impact? Of course, this is all conjecture on my part.

The most interesting thing about 2012 in my view is the tie in to Terence McKenna and his Novelty Theory. However, after being warned once about straying off topic, I will leave it there.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
I have been reading on how a nother planet in our solar system hit eatrh, split it in half and is going to do so again Planet X orbit

This site also talks on how the Sumerians knew and predicted this

what do you think ?

NO

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the info it was something I had heard about but didnt research. If it is a myth that is good. Once again thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by swampcricket
I think the most likely "doomsday"scenario would be earth crust displacement. I am no expert but it has something to do with the magnetic alignment of the north and south poles. Anyone know anything about that subject if so please let me know.

Crustal Displacement is a myth perpetuated by those with little or no undertsanding of geophysics and for which there is a total of nil evidence in support of.

You're confusing it with magnetic pole reversals which do occur - on average around every 700,000 years IIRC This could cause us problems with communications and navigation - but isn't an issue as far as life on earth is concerned.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
good find with the website. It has all sorts of info. I've been reading on this toic for some time now and i say "Bring on 2012!"

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hang on a minute - if this thing hit us last time, why should it still be in one piece? Just because Pangea was on one side of the planet, that does NOT mean that something was knocked off, for heavens sake! And if something was, then there would be evidence for a massive geological upheaval. You can't knock something off a planet without massive after-effects. The moon was born when a Mars-sized planet hit the Earth. The debris gave birth to the Moon, the smaller planet was absorbed by the Earth and the resulting kinetic energy totally resurfaced the face of the planet, because when something that size hits, it doesn't bounce off like two pool balls colliding. Whoever thought up this theory is either very gullible or has no clue about basic physics.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by perspicientia
One thing about this so called end of world theory is all those that claim to believe it aint out having unprotected sex and fathering many children by many different partners , experimenting with mind bending drugs getting pissed 24/7 yet alot tend to turn up here proclaiming it. I know what i would be doing.

i believe that maybe not the end of the world as a whole but the end of the world as we know it........why would you do all these things at the end of times???? besides its another 6 years away and the gov. would nail you for child support...if you believe, then you most likely believe in a higher being and if you believe in a higher being you most likely would not want to piss em off.............besides really when you look around are there not alot of people who are doing just what you said...funny thing is there doing it in the name of selfish self pleasure...........eons from now when the new earthly people are studing history i dont want them to read about how the former inhabitants thought so little of life that when faced with death we further hurt our karmas with these actions.........

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Um well this might be me being naive but if thias thing its us every 3600 years then doesnt that mean that in the last 1000 years weve bin hits 3 times and in the last 4 million odd years(evolution of humans) weve bin hit loads of times and yet were still here, IM sorry but i think I want a better myth to believe in.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
if the people of planet x are close or as clever as they are they might have placest the entire planet out of face with us. or in another dimension higher or lower dimension and in 2012 thelve they realine with our reality / dimension.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Don't worry, the Reptoids and Robo-Reagan will defend us against any major disaster, thats what all the anal probes were for, preparing for 2012! Don't question me man, I went to a 15 minute lecture on it! I earned my degree!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It may just be the conspericy theorist in me...

I have began to wonder if all the "worlds going to end on..." stuff is really a smoke screen 4 the real thing.

I mean, by now, we are all pretty much getting tired of people crying wolf-the world is ending.
This causes us to not pay attention to any of them (end of the world theories).

That way, the REAL end of the world problem that is/may be out there, will be ignored by the vast majority-read the ones who could do something about it, untill it is too late.

Further, I have posted in the past about most leaders of militarly powerful countries "seem" to be drunks/drug users.

Now put 2&2 togather, and the leaders who know the world is coming to an end-one way or the other- are drunk or high on drugs to while away the time till the end.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You guys saying that you can't wait ... ... I am sorry for you ... wanting life to pass you by so fast .. I can wait as long as the earth takes to get that year here .... I love life ... and hope that everyone lives today as thier last ... other wise what are you doing here .... USE YOUR LIFE ! You are here for a reason ... there is a reason why you are still here ..

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why is every end of the world theory taking place in 2012? There are so many that I doubt anything is really comming....

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
I think the most likely "doomsday"scenario would be earth crust displacement. I am no expert but it has something to do with the magnetic alignment of the north and south poles. Anyone know anything about that subject if so please let me know.

Here's the deal. The earth has magnetic poles, just like, well, a magnet. The deep deep portions of the earth is madeup of iron and metal, its magnetic.
The earth also has geometric poles, like any sphere would. The geometric and magnetic poles are in (roughly) the same location.
The magnetic poles can, for whatever the reason, switch. This means that what is magnetic north now is in in the geometric north pole. With the switch, the "magnetic north" is at the geometric south.

The magnetic poles, the polarity of the magnetic rays, are what change, not the crust. The changing magnetic poles has happened many times in the past, and has happened while humans were around. Its not destructive.

You are thinking of a seperate idea wherein the crust of the earth dettached and rotates around the earth like a loose skin, very suddenly. This is a hard core conspiracy theory with no actual evidence to support it and indeed evidence that seems to refute it. Often the ideas of this crustal movement and magnetic reversal are conflated/confused, but that have nothing to do with one another.
Magnetic reversals exist and have occured frequently. The loose crust thing doesn't happen.

Actually its even more confusing. A compass has a magnetic needle with one pole marked 'north'. Its a magnetic north pole. It is not attracted to another magnetic north. Magnetic Norths repel each other. The magnetic north end of the needle, which is what points in the geographic direction of 'North', is being attracted by a magnetic south pole.
...unless I am confusing myself and its the other way around!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
lol there is so many theories in this thread its insane to read them all...i got confused after like the first 2...either way i think we just need to wait and find out..like everything else out there....patience is a virtue

[edit on 2/7/2006 by ConfederacyOfUnity]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
there is no such thing as planet X do your research

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
the orbit of that planet X is absurd. Id like to see some real physics behind this, its possible that a rogue satellite could have hit earth way back when and then it would have either been caught in orbit (a close one) or thrown out into the galaxy. planet x is supposedly rocky and rocky planets compose the inner most planets in the solar system while big gassy ones are further out. I don't see how our sun could have enough gravitational pull to pull a rocky planet from that far away that's like a 4M sun at least.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
in 2012 this will happen www.albinoblacksheep.com...

Seriously if anything the Annunaki came from a spaceship. What words could Sumerians have for a giant spaceship possibly using some kind of engines which give it a high speed and then possible also use hibernation. Could also be just a planet like spaceship which moves form solar system to solar system go replenish stocks and such.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join