It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

WTF are you on about man? cheerleaders? I used to have a lot of respect for the Hammers until this. What happened that you need dancing girls? Do you sing 'I'm forever waving pom poms' on the terraces now? Only if you had them dancing tits out, like I saw in the paper the other day, would cheerleaders be a good thing for football! What next? A souzafone band? commercials before every throw in?

Assimilation is commencing.... Now... We just have to get you some better looking girls. I think its great... I'd rather watch cheer leaders than a ball bounce back and forth for like 2 friggin' hours. Commercials won't come until MLS gets bigger here in the states, which I don't honestly think is going to happen.

I was listening to sports talk radio and some Canadian got a rip on the US... Know what he said? He said he would rather live in Canada because they don't have a sissy world cup soccer team. The radio host admitted that was a good shot...Thats the kind of mentality soccer has to compete with over here.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Just wait until Feburary when all those people are in Turin, Italy for the 2006 Winter Olympics. The Americans and the Canadians are sending some of our best hockey players over there so they can kick the rest of the world's areses.

(Now since I have said that, watch both teams get whooped.)

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Just wait until Feburary when all those people are in Turin, Italy for the 2006 Winter Olympics. The Americans and the Canadians are sending some of our best hockey players over there so they can kick the rest of the world's areses.

Chris Chelios... Holding the best trophy in the World. Team U.S.A.

I am a little concerned with the new rules in the NHL affecting play in the Olympics. But it also may end up helping them as an Olympic rink is actually larger then an NHL rink.

By the way... To all you Soccer hooligans... Chris would whoop up on any Soccer player.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

WTF are you on about man? cheerleaders? I used to have a lot of respect for the Hammers until this. What happened that you need dancing girls? Do you sing 'I'm forever waving pom poms' on the terraces now? Only if you had them dancing tits out, like I saw in the paper the other day, would cheerleaders be a good thing for football! What next? A souzafone band? commercials before every throw in?

Assimilation is commencing.... Now... We just have to get you some better looking girls.

Assimilation? bwahahaha!! A novelty act at a single EPL club (who should know better), does not mean the start of an assimilation. Even the Hammers would draw the line at marching bands and baton twirlers.
And you can keep your better looking girls.

Actually, thats a point LS, given the size of your average female in the USA, why don't they have a womens NFL league? Scared their bulk would put the men to shame? Large breasted armour too expensive? Actually that can't be it, same size for men as women really eh?

I think its great... I'd rather watch cheer leaders than a ball bounce back and forth for like 2 friggin' hours. Commercials won't come until MLS gets bigger here in the states, which I don't honestly think is going to happen.

But you do just watch a ball bounce back and forth don't you, and for far longer than 2 hours (footballs actually 90 minutes long btw)? Along with bouncing bellies, bouncing armour, bouncing steroids. And you think commercials during play are a good thing for a sport? any sport? sheesh, talk about ADD!! keep off the steroids man

I was listening to sports talk radio and some Canadian got a rip on the US... Know what he said? He said he would rather live in Canada because they don't have a sissy world cup soccer team. The radio host admitted that was a good shot...Thats the kind of mentality soccer has to compete with over here.

Oh for crying out loud! Its a Canadian FFS! Like anyone cares what they think! Half of them are French! And you may have a 'sissy world cup soccer team' But surely thats better than nothing, since you can't have a 'manly world cup nfl team'? Cos, you know, you can't really can you? Unless you carry on playing with yourselves and call it a world wankball chamionship.....The WWC! That'd be great, but wouldn't it kinda clash with that other bastion of great sports you yanks like, wrestling?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
By the way... To all you Soccer hooligans... Chris would whoop up on any Soccer player.

Your probably right there LS, it must take some strength to carry the salt shaker for an NFL player

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Your probably right there LS, it must take some strength to carry the salt shaker for an NFL player

What you talking about man? Chris Chelios plays in the NHL. You lost me here.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That'd be great, but wouldn't it kinda clash with that other bastion of great sports you yanks like, wrestling?

Wrestling? What the hell are you talking about?

Oh... American wrestling!!!

*image removed*

Now thats some good wrestling.

Ok... men in tights is ok... But women in tights aren't...Heres an American wrestler for yah ridicully.

mod edit:

Link
1) No photos of persons wearing less than shirt-and-shorts.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by UK Wizard]

I think your thoughts on American WWF wrestling prove my point about you knowing "nothing" about American culture.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Nah, thinking more like this kind wrestling

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Wrong again LS. If its female American wrestlers, this is more like it

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Actually, thats a point LS, given the size of your average female in the USA, why don't they have a womens NFL league? Scared their bulk would put the men to shame? Large breasted armour too expensive? Actually that can't be it, same size for men as women really eh?

Sorry to say that we have a professional women's football team here in Houston. They're called the Houston Energy (I think). They are actually the only "professional" sports league to get less play in the sports page than soccer. Some of these women are freakin' scary as hell!!!!I'm pretty sure most of them are switch-hitters.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think your thoughts on American WWF wrestling prove my point about you knowing "nothing" about American culture.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by LostSailor]

Oh I do know a lot about American culture, probably far more than you know about British culture. or any other culture. American culture has added a great many positive things to the world. But seriously, you cant be holding the pantomime that is WWF up there as a shining example? come on!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Come on you guys, you know was only one unique wrestling organization.
Lemme spel it out for you if you don't know what I'm talking about.

E............C............W......

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well, even though it's not on topic, the only real wrestling is backyard wrestling with dudes jumping off the roofs of their house and landing on some other dude that's sprawled out on a picnic table below!

That there is brutal and American as apple pie.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well, even though it's not on topic, the only real wrestling is backyard wrestling with dudes jumping off the roofs of their house and landing on some other dude that's sprawled out on a picnic table below!

That there is brutal and American as apple pie.

Peace

I watch a bit of Mexican wrestling on the mexican channels. Not as good as Backyard but I do like the Masks and Backflips Oh and apple pie is a british invention.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Pure class!

Hows this for a tackle?

And how anyone can have anything against cheerleaders is beyond me, but hey, it takes all sorts.

[edit on 21/12/05 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I will admit this a fancy tackle. But a tackle like that is illegal over here. It's called a L I A B I L I T Y S U I T!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Wow, the video of the soccer fights were hilarious...were you trying to show that soccer is violent? All it did was make me laugh, watching those guys hit each other like women....hell my wife could throw a punch better than half those guys.

I will admit some of those kicks would hurt like hell, but if you come flying at me with a jump kick, you are going down hard, and wont even get close to landing it. Most of those guys weigh about 130lbs and would be like swatting a fly.

Oh and your right...Rugby and Aussie Rules are damn good sports, and I would probably love them if born and raised on them, but I'm a Texan, so American Football it is.

Soccer=1.5 hours of watching people run...if you think that running 15 miles qualifies as entertainment, or sport, you have problems. Most Soccer players are pre-madonnas and cry at the first little hit (IVE BEEN KILLED)..and overexagerate way too much.

and Implosion
Does it make any sense to post one of the fattest American girls I've ever seen with plumbers crack, then post a hottie like that...as if all Europeans look like that? LMAO at the ignorance of America...yeah we have our fatties, but not everyone looks like that McDonald's eating pig you have there..funny pic though. Oh, and it's true, they showed the hottie on the left from the rear because of the 4 teeth she probably does have, they are yellowish/green, and damn near horizontal.

GO STEELERS!

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Brohaculo]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

LMAO at the ignorance of America...yeah we have our fatties, but not everyone looks like that McDonald's eating pig you have there..funny pic though. Oh, and it's true, they showed the hottie on the left from the rear because of the 4 teeth she probably does have, they are yellowish/green, and damn near horizontal.

LMAO at the ignorance of Europeans. Seriously, I have NEVER seen more than, say, 8 people (not including TV) with bad teeth and those people we're about 70 years old. Stop saying we all have bad teeth, it's REALLY annoying.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
xeroxed

Nobody's really saying that all Euros have bad teeth. That being said, I find it hard to believe that you've only seen eight people in your whole life with bad teeth. It's not a broad generalization for nothing?

That Ronaldhino took bad teeth to another level. Dude looked like snaggletooth.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Okay, maybe it's abit more than eight people, but I don't tend to go round inspecting everybody's teeth.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join