It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

The only thing soccer has going for it, and I'm talking soccer outside the U.S., is better beer.

Peace

And yet you bloody yanks wont even let us have that if you get your way. Not that many will be drinking it in Germany, the land of quality lagers, though

I do quite like Bud BTW, its not bad for a fizzy rice wine. The TV commercials are quite comical too. Cant beat good European lager though

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The only thing soccer has going for it, and I'm talking soccer outside the U.S., is better beer.

Are you realy trying to say that US Soccer is better the the rest of the world, the states is the only country that is realy awfull at it. I mean come on how many times have you won the World Cup..... err, none. I dont even think the US has been into the knock out stages of the compatition. Thats it, the only reason the States don't like soccer is that they arn't good at it.

Ohh and by the way Soccor has some realy bad accedents, like someone broke there neck, someone else snaped a forearm bone and it protruded through there skin. Soccer injuries are quite common.

By the way, people who try to say that NFL has more skill needs to watch English, Spanish and Brazilian Football. Christiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinio, Steven Gerrard, Luci and Frank Lampard are some of the most skilled people with the ball in the world.

Watch this VIDEO and then try to tell me there isn' any skill in Soccer

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

Peace

And yet you bloody yanks wont even let us have that if you get your way. Not that many will be drinking it in Germany, the land of quality lagers, though

I do quite like Bud BTW, its not bad for a fizzy rice wine. The TV commercials are quite comical too. Cant beat good European lager though

European larger is the best in the world, give me a Stella over a Bud anyday.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Are you realy trying to say that US Soccer is better the the rest of the world,

O God no!! Are you kidding me?

U.S. soccer sucks like no other. What I was implying was that at U.S. soccer games I'm sure you get the same watered-down piss that you get at every other U.S. sporting event. No, I don't ever want the U.S. to be good at soccer................EVER!!!

GO GHANA!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The only sports that us Americans are good at are as follows.

1. Football.
2. Auto Racing
3. Baseball.
4. Hockey.
5. Basketball.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Are you realy trying to say that US Soccer is better the the rest of the world,

O God no!! Are you kidding me?

U.S. soccer sucks like no other. What I was implying was that at U.S. soccer games I'm sure you get the same watered-down piss that you get at every other U.S. sporting event. No, I don't ever want the U.S. to be good at soccer................EVER!!!

GO GHANA!!!!!!

Peace

I do appologise, i must have read it wrong. Atleast you get alcohol at games, it has been banned over here during Soccer matches, due to riots. They wont even seve it on the train going to big matches like at the Milenium Stadium in Cardiff. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Whislt Soccer is clearly better than American Football, Rugby is head and shoulders above both.

However, just to boost the Yanks interest, there are already several of the strange looking buggers playing in the English league, a few for my home team:

Here is the Stadium:

And here are the Yanks I mentioned:

Bobby Convey...he's a pretty nippy right winger...

Marcus Hahnemann...A damn good Goalkeeper!

I am pretty sure there is one or two more, but they are new and haven't broken in yet.

Both of the above will be appearing in the World Cup for the USA too.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We used to have this American playing for us (Liverpool).

Brad Friedel : Goalkeeper (1997-1999)
Date of Birth: 18/5/71
Birthplace: Lakewood, Ohio

This is are future stadium:

This is costing 23-30 mil. to build.

As opposed to the old one we have now

This is the team:

And this is the European Cup we won, the biggist compatition at club level:

Enjoy and bask in the glory that is Liverpool FC.

Pickle.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Bah! Damn Scousers......

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Those three Americans couldn't make their Pop Warner (American) football teams so they decided to play soccer, much to their mothers' delight.

Then they thought they could pull chicks by being able to bounce a soccer ball off their heads for a good time. Much to their dismay they found that not to be true and found themselves being more accepted as the towel boy for the (American) football team.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You know you love us Scousers realy:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ahem, in light of the sudden influx of Liverpool praise, I must announce -

Manchester United are far superior to Liverpool, or any other team for that matter. That Treble season, that Cantona and that Theatre of Dreams, not to mention that most wonderful of all Scousers, Rooney.

But, I was still happier to see Liverpool do well than I would have Arsenal or Chelsea.

And please, don't mention Burton, I'm trying to forget already

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ohh here we have the mighty Man U which is ownd by Glazier a American, ohhh...

You also forgetting that Liverpool FC is the most sucesfull club in the history of Engand, winning more titles then any other club, infact the only cups we havent won is the new Prem. and the one we just lost in Japan

But to be fair Manchester United is a good team just been having a bad season so far....

Ohh and before i forget.... Burton lol, sorry i had to. If i remember corectly Liverpool came back from 3-1 down to win 5-3 in there FA Cup match didn't we

Pickle

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not sure what's going on here... Some of the best beer in the world is brewed in the U.S. If you really think we "all" drink Buttwieser or Miller you are sadly mistaken. Ask any Australian if they drink Fosters.....

www.ratebeer.com...

This isn't the site I was looking for... But if you wanna see some real American brews you need to stop watching the commercials.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
How can all of you even compare American Football and English football? It's not even remotely the same sport, the only thing the two have in common is that its a bunch of over-paid spoiled men who play with balls.

Now both sides stop griping, kiss, and make up!

This is why you never, ever, EVER, include a woman in a discussion about sports. They're good for other things, but sports? No! :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
This is why you never, ever, EVER, include a woman in a discussion about sports. They're good for other things, but sports? No! :bnghd:

Leave it to a woman to state the obvious heh? Guess we should buy each other a beer and stop having fun here.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Don't be upset because you know I'm right....as usual

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Those three Americans couldn't make their Pop Warner (American) football teams so they decided to play soccer, much to their mothers' delight.

Then they thought they could pull chicks by being able to bounce a soccer ball off their heads for a good time. Much to their dismay they found that not to be true and found themselves being more accepted as the towel boy for the (American) football team.

Peace

Id have thought their mothers would have been disapointed they didnt take up Handball. No tacky superbore jewellry for them then. And you have 'towel boys'? And you call football ghey? All lads together in the showers after then? wheres the soap and all that

stumason

Looking forward to next weeks replay? boing! boing! Just hoping the baggies don't suck quite as bad as they did Saturday.......but I guess Reading are hoping they play a little better too. Neither side could get much worse!! What a crock of a game that was

picklewalsh

Where do you go to watch your football? You can drink at The Hawthorns, just not on the terraces

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

And you have 'towel boys'? And you call football ghey? All lads together in the showers after then? wheres the soap and all that

Yeah, I forgot that Euros scoff at showering after the game is over. Nothing like going Au Natural huh?

Actually, it's towel men in the NFL. I don't know if that's better or worse.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

And you have 'towel boys'? And you call football ghey? All lads together in the showers after then? wheres the soap and all that

Yeah, I forgot that Euros scoff at showering after the game is over. Nothing like going Au Natural huh?

Actually, it's towel men in the NFL. I don't know if that's better or worse.

Peace

Oh no, we shower, we just dont have towel, erm, people

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join