There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When it comes down to who's got the prettiest "bling", you know you've lost


After seeing those Rings, I think David Beckham would be better off in the NFL, his Jewelry nonsense would fit right in :shk:




posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's the whole point, David Beckham couldn't hang in the NFL that's why he plays soccer.
The NFL only takes the soccer players with icewater in their veins as placekickers, the rest go back to playing soccer and dodging bags of blood and urine!

By the way, there's only one rugby player in the NFL that I know of. His name is Darren Bennett and he's a punter for the Chargers. I guess he was the only rugby player man enough to even step onto an NFL field, albeit as a punter.

Peace



posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
By the way, there's only one rugby player in the NFL that I know of. His name is Darren Bennett and he's a punter for the Chargers. I guess he was the only rugby player man enough to even step onto an NFL field, albeit as a punter.
Peace


Darren Bennett was an Aussie Football player, not a Rugby player. He started with the Chargers and is now with the Vikings. He brought a new type of kick with him from AFL for use when you want to kick just to the goaline, many other punters have copied this method since.



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
ridcully

You don't really want to go down the "Superbore jewelry" road...........do you?

Our players get:


and

and


Your players get:



Whack medals?!?!

Scoreboard!

Peace


[edit on 16-12-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Dr Love]


Glad you posted these Doc. Well, lets just take a close look at those rings shall we? 'World Champions' they proclaim! world champions! easy to be world champions when only one country plays eh? Hey I tell you what, Ill grab a deck of cards, play patience, and then declare myself 'World Champion'!!! that was easy wasn't it? Now all I need to do is get myself a girly ring and itll all be official


That's the whole point, David Beckham couldn't hang in the NFL that's why he plays soccer. The NFL only takes the soccer players with steroids and cholestrol in their veins as placekickers


There ya go, fixed it for ya. No, its ok, no need to thank me



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oh man... Just found out me and my cousins are getting tickets for the Green bay vs Chicago game this Christmas!!!



Gonna drink about a gallon of brew before the game to keep me warm.



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
PLAYER: Runs with ball (Even tho its not even a ball! Its like a rubber egg!)
PLAYER: Gets tackled
GAME: Slows down
...repeat...


Exactly.

American 'football' is like rugby in body armour
.



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Today's NFL Games

Tampa Bay at New England 1:30 p.m. - Tampa Bay
Kansas City at N.Y. Giants 5:00 p.m. - K.C.
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills 8:30 p.m. - Denver

Sunday's Games

Arizona at Houston 1:00 p.m. - Arizona
Carolina at New Orleans - Carolina
(Baton Rouge, LA) 1:00 p.m.
N.Y. Jets at Miami 1:00 p.m. - Miami
Philadelphia at St. Louis 1:00 p.m. - Philly
Pittsburgh at Minnesota 1:00 p.m. - Vikings
San Diego at Indianapolis 1:00 p.m. - Colts
Seattle at Tennessee 1:00 p.m. - Seattle
San Francisco at Jacksonville 1:00 p.m. - Jacksonville
Cincinnati at Detroit 4:05 p.m. - Cincinnati
Cleveland at Oakland 4:05 p.m. - Oakland
Dallas at Washington 4:15 p.m. - Dallas
Atlanta at Chicago 8:30 p.m. - Chicago (Vick is out for the next two games)

MNF

Green Bay @ Baltimore 9:00 p.m. - Green Bay



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Today's NFL Games

Tampa Bay at New England 1:30 p.m. - Tampa Bay
Kansas City at N.Y. Giants 5:00 p.m. - K.C.
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills 8:30 p.m. - Denver

Sunday's Games

Arizona at Houston 1:00 p.m. - Arizona
Carolina at New Orleans - Carolina
(Baton Rouge, LA) 1:00 p.m.
N.Y. Jets at Miami 1:00 p.m. - Miami
Philadelphia at St. Louis 1:00 p.m. - Philly
Pittsburgh at Minnesota 1:00 p.m. - Vikings
San Diego at Indianapolis 1:00 p.m. - Colts
Seattle at Tennessee 1:00 p.m. - Seattle
San Francisco at Jacksonville 1:00 p.m. - Jacksonville
Cincinnati at Detroit 4:05 p.m. - Cincinnati
Cleveland at Oakland 4:05 p.m. - Oakland
Dallas at Washington 4:15 p.m. - Dallas
Atlanta at Chicago 8:30 p.m. - Chicago (Vick is out for the next two games)

MNF

Green Bay @ Baltimore 9:00 p.m. - Green Bay

See...When I was an ankle biter, there wasn't a Carolina team, a Jacksonville team or a Tennessee team. So much for loyalty to the paying public. How typically American...only go where the money is!



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Darren Bennett was an Aussie Football player, not a Rugby player.


Some people are probably going to hate me for this but I thought they were one in the same.
What's the difference? Isn't it basically the same thing?

I wasn't aware Bennett was with the Vikings now. He couldn't resist the lure of the sex boats I guess.

Peace



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Darren Bennett was an Aussie Football player, not a Rugby player.


Some people are probably going to hate me for this but I thought they were one in the same.
What's the difference? Isn't it basically the same thing?

I wasn't aware Bennett was with the Vikings now. He couldn't resist the lure of the sex boats I guess.

Peace


In AFL you have to kick the ball between the two posts to get points (diving through them with the ball will only get you many confused onlookers. I found out the hard way), you get marks by catching the ball on the full from where you can place a shot at goal. If you drop the ball than you can't take a mark and will have to avoid getting tackled. I think you also have to bounce the ball every so often. The game still confuses me so I'm probably not the best one to try to explain.



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

See...When I was an ankle biter, there wasn't a Carolina team, a Jacksonville team or a Tennessee team. So much for loyalty to the paying public. How typically American...only go where the money is!


What the hell is your point? I think with the exception of Tennessee all the teams you mentioned are expansion teams. Meaning they were added as new teams to the NFL. Tennessee used to be the Houston Oilers I think. As for loyalty to the public... If the public was loyal to the team they wouldn't have to move it in the first place... How typically American? Get a clue.



posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

What the hell is your point? I think with the exception of Tennessee all the teams you mentioned are expansion teams. Meaning they were added as new teams to the NFL. Tennessee used to be the Houston Oilers I think. As for loyalty to the public... If the public was loyal to the team they wouldn't have to move it in the first place... How typically American? Get a clue.


"As for loyalty to the public... If the public was loyal to the team they wouldn't have to move it in the first place..."

Tell that to the people of Cleveland, Browns fans are as loyal as they come, so where Baltimore Colts fans. Not NFL but the Brooklyn Dodgers also come to mind. My team the Chargers may move to L.A. in a few years and trust me citizens of San Diego are loyal to the Chargers. If they move I will never watch NFL again. Money and Politics play much, much more of a role than public loyalty. i wont even get started on how the NHL has screwed over the wolrds most passionate hockey fans, Canadians. That is another thread though.



posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Oh yeah man... What you think of the new rules they put in this year? I know they are trying to help the offense with some of these new rules, but sometimes I wonder if it was such a good idea.

Talking hockey here by the way...

I do like how they got rid of the two line pass, makes it tougher for defenses to run that neutral zone trap play that used to be so common.

Not sure if you have had the chance to watch a hockey game, or any sports game for that matter on High Def. television. I gotta tell ya... my buddy has a nice HD setup at his place and it's damn nice to watch sports on. Well... I'm rambling away... Shouldn't drink and type I guess.



posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
What the hell is your point? I think with the exception of Tennessee all the teams you mentioned are expansion teams. Meaning they were added as new teams to the NFL. Tennessee used to be the Houston Oilers I think. As for loyalty to the public... If the public was loyal to the team they wouldn't have to move it in the first place... How typically American? Get a clue.

He he...I've caught a big one here!



posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor


Not sure if you have had the chance to watch a hockey game, or any sports game for that matter on High Def. television. I gotta tell ya... my buddy has a nice HD setup at his place and it's damn nice to watch sports on. Well... I'm rambling away... Shouldn't drink and type I guess.



Drinkin and Typing right Now

As for watching sports on HD, yeah I got a fat Mitsubishi HD to watch games on. I've watched all kinds of stuff in HD, saw a great nature progam about Beavers last night but must say the most dramatic difference is in sports. I can flip between the regular networks and HD to compare and contrast. Havent seen hockey or soccer yet in HD but football and Baseball look soooo good. Will be watching my chargers play the colts tomorrow morning.

Now to keep the thread going, paid my bank transfer for my 2006 World Cup tickets yesterday, for all you "soccer" haters, I guarentee if you cruise to Germany for the World Cup, you will be converted!



posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
NO!!!!!!Colts loose to the San Diego Chargers!!!! Colts record is now 13 and 1. DAMN YOU DREW BREES!!!!!!


[edit on 12/18/2005 by gimmefootball400]



posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
NO!!!!!!Colts loose to the San Diego Chargers!!!! Colts record is now 13 and 1. DAMN YOU DREW BREES!!!!!!


[edit on 12/18/2005 by gimmefootball400]


Sweet... I hate all dome teams.



posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
PACKERS GET SQUASHED BY RAVENS 48 - 3! Worst beat down in Monday Night Football history!



posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
The mouthguards... well... Americans have always been a bit more picky about how our teeth look heh?




I remembered this quote as I was reading the sports page this morning. They had a picture of Ronaldhino, the FIFA Player of the Year. Of course the story was on the last page next to all the erectile disfunction ads, but that wasn't the funniest part. The funniest part was the picture of Ronaldhino. His teeth were going every which way but loose!
Don't these guys make enough scratch to mix in a trip to the dentist every now and then? What a horrible picture! It was frightening.

Peace



posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
PACKERS GET SQUASHED BY RAVENS 48 - 3! Worst beat down in Monday Night Football history!


Can't do nothing but hang my head in shame...

I sure hope the Packers Bears game I'm going to next week is actually... A game....

On a side note... The Packers must have set some record this year as far as injuries go. 5 running backs out for the season to name a few. Not sure if Samkon Gado is out for the season yet, but he did something to his knee. I think 4 of the 5 injured running backs for the Packers got hurt on artificial turf too.

Can't believe the league even lets teams play on this artificial turf anymore. You watch games on it and it's like, "man... I just hope no one gets hurt." Have you ever walked on an artificial turf field? It seriously feels like you are walking on cement...

Only 2 teams in the league should even have the option to play in a dome on artificial turf are Detroit and Minnesota. The Packers and the Bears would never stoop to that level.

What's the point of Baltimore (an outdoor stadium) playing on artificial turf? Their team is injury laden year after year due to this. I'll tell you why... It saves the owners a little pocket change. That's the only reason.

*rant off*

[edit on 20-12-2005 by LostSailor]





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join


Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant