It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

my question is why they didn't have this ready when they said they were going to release them?

Because the photo's did not exist at the begining of this "story" this is what you would call a real time, reflective work of ficition. They are taking our inputs comments, etc and then modifying their story to fit our ideal.

When critics say well I will believe when I see it, then to reinforce their "story" they say okay wait we have pictures and we will post them when they are "cleared". Then they let the hype grow so they can pick and choose what the pictures will show... They give three general ideas of the subject matter, the village, the Northern Human Village, the EBEN children playing soccer.

Then they let the public to determine the value of what should be contained in the picture to judge how real they are. We have down that work for them if you read the posts. Then a fairly smart person says, lets wait and see what all the ciritics say and supporters, then lets put all the ideas of what the pictures should look like and discuss, we will bring samples of what is not enough and what is too much and then decide. This process should take about a week to two weeks, then we will set about getting the photos and manipulating them in a way that is appropriate for the time period and age of the photos. If we can not pull it off we will use plan B which is the "courier" did not arrive with the pictures as planned and now we have to inquire to our DIA insider who is now thinking he is being watched.

... and the story continues

[edit on 12-12-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
All I can say is that I can't wait to see the pictures. As a self proclaimed photoshop expert I'll be going over every pixel looking for authenticity. Maybe we should have a photoshop contest and see who gets it closer to the "real thing". It would be funny if one of our pics ended up on the Serpo site.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
All I can say is that I can't wait to see the pictures. As a self proclaimed photoshop expert I'll be going over every pixel looking for authenticity. Maybe we should have a photoshop contest and see who gets it closer to the "real thing". It would be funny if one of our pics ended up on the Serpo site.

Agreed... I will be going over the pictures with a "fine tooth comb"

If they ever release them.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I now completly agree with what robertfenix.

I won't be visiting the serpo site anymore I'll just wait for the news to be posted here on the forums.

I think we'll all feel a lot less cheated if we just let this go now and not allow ourselfs to be part of this hoax any longer.

I guess its nice to know that even the hoaxers themselves read the ATS forums to see what they need to change about their story.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by futureafter]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think avoiding the site is counter productive to what ATS and the avid forum readers stand for.

Sure, we are probably fuelling a rather large fire, but as this is the internet I would have hoped that we're all big & ugly enough to roll with the punches. Besides, everyone loves to pick holes or offer an opinion on the latest "episode". It might only take one ATS'er to notice that one detail or hole to blow the whole thing wide open and add to the future credibility of the site and community.

There is no one to feel sorry for here, there are no victims and hoax or not, this is certainly not a crime. The internet is a wonderful stage for melodramatics and I would suggest that if people are disappointed with how this eventually pans out, that they make a little life priority check

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Im amazed that its once again taken so so seriously.

Its now over TWENTY pages of really really utter nonsense.

And yet you lot are half believing half hoping that this is real.

I honestly thought you lot would, because most of you are intelligent, not waste much time on this.

But you amazed me last time on the stupid "aliens in the truck " pictures and how so many of you fell for it.

This room will be spied on by The National Enquirer in future for a good source of its stories.

Get a life you lot, this is pure nonsense.

Go water your plants or feed the ducks or watch some football.

The stupidity on here is reaching a record high.

Remember The Who and the song "Wont get fooled again".

Geesh !! why are so many of you so gullible.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew

I honestly thought you lot would, because most of you are intelligent, not waste much time on this.

But you amazed me last time on the stupid "aliens in the truck " pictures and how so many of you fell for it.

This room will be spied on by The National Enquirer in future for a good source of its stories.

Go water your plants or feed the ducks or watch some football.

Okay, nice rant. Now would you like to tell all of us gullible morons WHY we ar wasting our time on this?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew

Who says we're taking it seriously?

Every post so far has more content than yours.

What if it is?

Who is wasting who's time? Only this post of yours.

Sounds cool gotta link?

Like they said in that movie, it’s some of the best reporting on the planet.

Your life must not be so fascinating if you’re posting here the same as us.

Go water your plants

To late, it’s already dead.

or feed the ducks

Oh right, thanks for reminding me. Daffy is looking a little peaked.

or watch some football.

Talk about wasting time.

What should we do to make it higher? Go around ridiculing everyone?

Good tune, but you already know the answer to that. I’d rather be fooled a dozen times than be closed-minded.

Why do you think we are all being gullible? Even if this is a hoax, it is news that we are interested in. In the future someone could bring it up and what better way to explain the reason why it's phony than to study it and the tactics being used to pull it off. At least we would be able to provide a sound reason not to believe it, which is more than any you provided.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Jaykew, trolling is not a good thing to do here at ATS. Look for a thread that interests you.

I hope those pics come sooner than later. I cant wait for our experts to check them out!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Whaddya mean half? I think that those of us who have studied the UFO phenomena, read the thousands of pages of creative writing and other fiction, and debated with skeptics that didn't have the logical skills to prove that water is wet, all wholly hope this to be real. I haven't read any posts, however, in which anyone has such high hopes.

Like I've said, we're in for a good show. Think of this as a "book club" and we're all sitting around chatting about the latest chapter that Anonymous writes. Whether the book is going to turn out to be fiction or non-fiction is the topic...

Anyway, it's "events" like this that we're in this for. If it's disclosure, we want to know. If it's a fake, we want to analyze it and expose it. Until we have proof, we have pure, unadulterated speculation

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I will quote Carl Sagan whom these Serpo people claim knew of the project.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Its as simple as that...all this is a bunch of hot air until we seem some real hard, extraorsiary evidence. If they have it then lets see it...if not stop wasting our time and go try to sell you story to some fiction writer.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
jaykew:

*rolls eyes*

it’s my time to waste.

onward.

the Home page was updated today:

Modified: Monday, December 12, 2005 12:37:39 AM

Since I usually only peek at the Information released by Anonymous page, I’m not entirely certain what the updates were… oh. I see.

The home page now has the same block of meta tag keywords in it as the other pages… interesting.

Hey Serpo people, if you really want some pointers on search engine placement I can be found at torbtown.com and would be happy to give you the nutshell version of the pages and pages of text I’ve read on said subject. (anyone else, for that matter *shrugs* after all, it’s my time to waste, right? *laughs*)

Rest assured that your privacy will be respected.

okay, more onward and to the group at large.

So, adding meta tag keywords to the home page after not having them for like a month implies to me that the Serpo people really do want to be noticed and are not simply relying upon a word of mouth campaign to “get the word out” and “test the waters”, something else is going on… whether it’s pushing an upcoming book or an honest desire for better demographics, I dunno

I do get the feeling that what we write here has an effect on what happens there, though, be it something as mundane as adding meta tags, or the actual shaping of the story as it unfolds, who can tell?

I do know that I enjoy “wasting” my time on this topic… it’s been a Lot less stressful than video games, tha’s fer sure. *laughs*

rock on
twj

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Uh...

This talk of boycotting the site is kinda disturbing... as is the implication that the people who are interested in it are being duped (or are abandoning their good judgment).

Whenever someone tells me NOT to read a book or site I begin to wonder why they think that I can't think for myself. I also begin to wonder why they don't want the authors of this site to have the ability to lay out their case.

Many of RobertFenix's criticisms are without, I believe, merit. From the start Anon and Ryan stated that they were interested in the SLOW release of information. They claim to be revealing info about human-alien contact. Now, if they are telling the truth, they are talking about revealing the most shocking thing ever. They WOULD reveal it slowly. I know I would. Besides... Anon stated, from the beginning, that this would be a slow process... so these comments about how he's fake because he isn't revealing things fast enough are pretty dumb. Jeez... it's like calling someone a liar for arriving at your house in thirty minutes... after they said it would take thirty minutes to get there! Besides... if these guys were giving a quick release of information the same critics would be claiming that it was all coming too fast.

...And, to be honest, few people work on 24/7 ATS time. This 'well, they're not releasing stuff on my schedule so they're fake' argument is extremely self-centered. After all... Anon claims to be a retired government worker. Sorry... but the retired people I know do not spend 23 hours a day on the internet.

Somewhere along the line the readers of this thread bought into the argument that these guys have to be fast to be honest... and that was a big mistake.

But... am I blindly following these guys? No, I'm skeptical... and I do think this might be fake. I don't, however, want to dismiss them for reasons that are based entirely on my opinions and worldview. Jeez... it may be irrational to believe anything you read, but it's also irrational to reject something because you requested it from a stranger at exactly 3:14pm on December 10, 2005 and it didn't come then.

Oh... and am I being foolish for choosing to read their work myself? No... in fact... I'm being much wiser than the guy who thought that someone should read this stuff for us and then filter (eh hem, I mean 'edit') it out to this community. That's because I believe that I have the right to make up my own mind (which is what I thought ATS was about). Now, as these people have done nothing that has discredited their story, I will continue to read it. At the very least it is an interesting thought experiment.

So, sorry, but I am not going to accept lousy 'debunkments' and decide to let someone else read things for me. That doesn't mean I'm being duped... it means that I don't have a closed mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I won't ignore either. This stuff jives with info I got to peer at in the mid 80's. No direct info on that project, but info on the purpose of visiting ET's, designated landing areas, concern for our creation of nuclear weapons. This could be big, and I, too, am waiting for the photos, as I am a certified Adobe photoshop user. This could be quite fun.

If it's fake, it was good entertainment, but if it's real........imagine the possibilities and implications on human knowledge.

Star of Bethlehem = UFO

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been discussed already since this thread was only a few pages long the last time I checked. However I read something about a hint that supposedly the aliens planted someone on this Earth about 2000 years that could cause mass riots if the truth was out. I guess they were hinting that Jesus was an alien designed human to guide us. I thought this idea sounded a bit far fetched considering that 2000 years later, the aliens still had trouble communicating with us but they were able to put someone who looked human here to guide us. It seems like awfully slow progress for an intelligent species.

I would suggest that suggestion be removed from their story to help them make their story look more believable. So far, it seems like a good fiction story to me. Without definite proof, the only thing I will believe is that it's a good fiction story with a few major bugs. I guess we all like a good story though.

As far as the possibility of rioting goes, I disagree that would result. Even if we saw alien spaceships landing on the White House lawn on the evening news, many christians IMO would probably start saying they are demons in disguise fooling our government and spewing lies to us. I guess that means that I would agree that there would be hostility to any aliens disputing belief systems here on Earth. It's kind of fun to speculate about what would happen though.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
As far as the Jesus = Eben agent stuff goes...

This has been talked about by a lot of people over the last few decades. It has also been suggested as the main reason why the gov won't divulge the truth about UFOs (if they really know it). Personally, I have, long ago, come to believe that the origins of Jesus should not influence for the worse my opinion of him. After all... one can either choose to say that Jesus was 'fake' or... they can choose to realize that they might be part of a very old, interplanetary religion (if they are a christian). In some ways... I think it might be good if Christ was connected with aliens. This is because if the christian religion is 'true' (in a metaphysical sense) it should apply to aliens as well as humans.

Now... why do people think Jesus of Nazareth may have been an alien/alien agent? Simply put, there are a variety of things that relate to his life that sound very similar to abduction stories. He also, himself, stated that he was not of this earth... but instead of the heavens (In John, I believe).

Now... I don't want to make this a religious debate. It does have to be stated, though, that this might be the real reason the government hasn't dealt with the alien issue.

And, again, I don't think that 'revealing' that Jesus was influenced by aliens would totally undermine christianity. The theory of panspermia, already, holds that all life on earth is already related to what might exist on other planets. Forming a spiritual connection with that life... would be good, I think.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

So, sorry, but I am not going to accept lousy 'debunkments' and decide to let someone else read things for me. That doesn't mean I'm being duped... it means that I don't have a closed mind.

I think all of us have our opinion on this and are taking different approaches on how to analyze the information we are being provided. None of us are in essence wrong. I think all of us are working as a team.

OIMD...you have a patient approach that is saying lets wait till more comes out. You are critical in keeping some of us in line that may be reading into things but missing what was actually written. Centrist is smack dab all over this like an investigative journalist and doing a great job of keeping an open mind with healthy skepticism. Robertfenix is great in that he is calling this thing out as improbable and lacking in many ways. The guys tracking down the website, the post on Bill Ryan's book reviews, the doubters, the grammar checkers, the scientists....all of us are playing a part.

Every post is valuable in making each of us think a different way. I may see a post where I go "huh?" or think "dreamer", but that's good that I stop and think "man I may not be seeing an angle on this that someone else has brought up". Of course the "you guys are idiots" posts are obviously a waste of time, but I'm sure they're from someone who has had a dream crushed in their life...they are bitter, they want to vent.

I think each of us needs to think as a post as a thought...a thought that could of popped in our head or one that needs to pop in our head because we are blinded by doubt or faith. It all adds up to us finding the truth on Serpo and UFOs. I'm not criticizing you OIMD, I actually enjoy reading your posts, this is really directed toward everyone and myself. I think all of us will get at each other's throats a bit over protecting our pet theories on what this is all about. We all just need to remember each of us plays a part...you're right stay open minded.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I really enjoyed OIMD and OTH’s thoughts about Jesus. I have no problem with it, and see that if he was partially Alien, we would verify our status with God as just another one of his children. It’s that simple to me, and it would help to confirm within myself something that I’ve felt for a long time; That we are apart of something so much greater in scope that anyone on Earth will admit to us.

Anyway, I am the most curious person I know, and perhaps that's a dangerous way to be but I can't wait till there's more information posted. I'm hooked,and I hope those new pics are posted on Serpo soon.

This is better than the first season of "LOST"!

How long should we give em folks? To post those alien pics.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I just requested a FAQ section on the Serpo site. This will be for us "general public" who must have asked a lot of "trivial" stuff with no answers - the Serpo disclosure is mainly one way traffic at the moment. Will be interesting if Bill Ryan will consider this.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've received confirmation from Bill Ryan, webmaster of the site, that there will indeed be some type of exclusive involvement with ATS in the very near future.

I'm sure this will help answer our many questions.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Any developments on this Master?

Originally posted by ANRD
Anonymous is telling the truth.

When I saw this some time ago the thought came up that mysterious ANRD perhaps know more than most of us?? Who's ANRD?

The game continues...
:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Anyhow, I see a lot of role-playing game elements in this one. I think our Anonymous poster is missing out on a great money making opportunity.

Unless, of course, it's a viral marketing campaign for a game. It's too late for Christmas this year, though. I always think viral whenever I see anything cross-posted as much as this.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join