It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They've landed".....now what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OK, just suppose that the aliens have finally landed on the White House lawn.... now what?

Do we surround the alien spacecraft with military hardware as was portrayed in the classic science-fiction film, The Day the Earth Stood Still ? Do we gather our top scientists and linguists so that we can develop a communication with the aliens or can we suppose that anyone capable of inter galactic space travel as being able to communicate with us already?

Does our government really have a plan in place for such an event? Is our government ready for aliens to contact us much less land on the lawn of the White House?

Do we act subservient to the aliens, hoping to garner favor (and power) from such a relationship? Or, do we act as equals to an alien race that by the very nature of their advanced technology are actually not our equals but our superiors? What sort of scenario do you envision....when the aliens finally land?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Obviously the ETs don't think it would be a good idea to land in a populated area. I would guess this is because they don't communicate like we humans do. So they avoid us while observing us at the same time and only coming face to face with certain elite gov/military people in various western remote locations....

Don't expect a White House or Time Square UFO landing...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If you are truly answered in what may happen, then begin your study here. This site chronicles the handling of UFO's by the UN and includes links to documents that suggest how the U.N. may be prepared to respond.

Another interesting place to start studying would be this page which includes a collection of articles on the U.S. presidential politics of UFOs.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would like to suggest reading Arthur C. Clarke's book 'Childhoods End', a fascinating look at one aspect of "alien" contact that for all we know, is quite possible should it occur. After all, shouldn't the oldest legends of humanity have some basis in reality?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
OK, just suppose that the aliens have finally landed on the White House lawn.... now what?

Blow them to bits

Originally posted by benevolent tyrantDo we surround the alien spacecraft with military hardware as was portrayed in the classic science-fiction film, The Day the Earth Stood Still ?

Doesn't the white house have SAMs operating 24/7 all around it?
I doubt they would let any alien craft get close, why they'd have a hundred f16s in the air in a second.

Do we gather our top scientists and linguists so that we can develop a communication with the aliens or can we suppose that anyone capable of inter galactic space travel as being able to communicate with us already?

That's been done decades ago. How do you think the government made deals with aliens?

Does our government really have a plan in place for such an event?

Yeh, blow the crap out of them.

Is our government ready for aliens to contact us much less land on the lawn of the White House?

No, which is why they will never let that happen.

Do we act subservient to the aliens, hoping to garner favor (and power) from such a relationship? Or, do we act as equals to an alien race that by the very nature of their advanced technology are actually not our equals but our superiors? What sort of scenario do you envision....when the aliens finally land?

Non-applicable.

Aliens have no knowledge or mainstream resources to gain from us, and what they do want - they can get without our co-operation, so they really couldn't give a damn.

They have some partnership with the US government, possibly Russian government, they aren't going to land anywhere, it's not in their best interests.

However that's all about the greys, which do after all interfere with us a heck of a lot more than anyone else, so it's more applicable.

I don't think anyone else would get near us, we smell lol

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So far everyone has, more or less, "skirted" the issue ( though the links supplied by Centrist have been helpful). Do we have a protocol, a government sanctioned plan of action if aliens do land on the White House lawn?

If aliens were to land on the White House lawn or on the the square in front of the Hague or in front of the United Nations building in New York, what would transpire? I doubt if our weapons would really be of any use against an alien space craft as space travel, in itself, is hazardous. Shooting lead -- conventional weapon ordnance -- would be akin to micro-meteorites or space debris. Surely "they" would have developed the ability to deal with this sort of thing. Perhaps they have developed a force-field that would adequately protect them. And would nuclear weapons really affect a race that has travelled across the vastness of space? After all, there must be other areas of intense radiation and gamma rays from travelling near or through the ejecta of suns.

I am wondering whether there has been an actual protocol developed when or if an alien craft does actually land. Or, to broaden the topic, what protocol is in now in place to deal with actual contact. Does President Bush walk out to the spacecraft with a box of chocolates and a six pack? Does he have a speech prepared? Does he invite the aliens to a ball game? Or to be serious, do we approach the spacecraft with a global demand for unilateral alien/earth summit or discussion?

If there is no established, official, protocol, what would you suggest as an appropriate global response to an alien spacecraft landing on the White House lawn or, for that matter, anywhere?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If that scenario transpired as you suggest.
You would get the Emergency broadcast system on your radio or TV. The broadcast would only mention the need to leave or evacuate to a specified designated area. After that the obvious evacuation of civilians would begin to take place. Local police and firemen would fall back as the civilians cleared away and start cordoning off of an area. Then the local National Guard would moved in and take position around the landing site. That's my take on the start.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by nullster]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
My guess (and it's only a guess) is that there is no need for such a protocol, because our government has already made some sort of contact with aliens. I'm not sure whether it started in 1954 with a meeting between Eisenhower and aliens, or whether we have intercepted radio signals from far away races. I truly do not believe that we can sort out fact from fiction, disinformation from information, and myth from reality well enough to know.... I just have a feeling that such a plan would already be obsolete if it existed.

However, refer back to my link on Eisenhower's "first contact" for my thoughts on how a likely contact would be made. First, I think that it's doubtful that an intelligent race would arrive unannounced. They would not want to cause a negative reaction on the part of the indigenous races on our planet. Thus, they would study us and make contact with various world leaders and arrange a meeting. Then, the chosen representatives of our planet would meet with the aliens in a remote, secure location secretively. We would need to evaluate the intentions of the aliens to determine whether they are hostile.

Hmm... this is starting to sound like the same old story. OR, maybe I've been overexposed to urban legend on this subject and am spouting what I think would happen based on what other people claim has already happened. You must decide that for yourself

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Go on a crash diet.......make myself look very scrawny....so they won't eat me.

'It's a Cookbook'

In all seriousness, right now it would be total anarchy due to a vast majority of the world's religious beliefs. Alot of the regious beliefs are that humans are the only ones, others would belief that the aliens are demons working for the devil...and I'm not talking about just handfuls of people....I'm talking about a vast majority of the worlds population.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by ferretman]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We would "act" all friendly and be nice. Learn there ways and lanuage, adapt and assimilate there technology and then wage war on there planet! Thats what we do..kill things!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that there is no need for such a protocol, because our government has already made some sort of contact with aliens. I'm not sure whether it started in 1954 with a meeting between Eisenhower and aliens, or whether we have intercepted radio signals from far away races. I truly do not believe that we can sort out fact from fiction, disinformation from information, and myth from reality well enough to know.... I just have a feeling that such a plan would already be obsolete if it existed.

I agree. We have already been in contact with aliens and its incredibly frustrating to think that the government is withholding information because they think "we cant handle it"

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I agree with Centrist, it's already been done. I do believe that a fake alien invasion scenario will be brought to the people at some point, in an effort to get everyone to give up their arms and weapons in favor of the aliens dong the dirty work. Read about the invasion here: Cosmic Deception:/exj3x

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
good one ferretman....you must've seen the twilight zone episode "to serve mankind"...dont the local fire dept. have a manual for emergencies that includes the possibilty of alien contact?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

i feel the same way. my opinion is that we have already made contact long ago...CSETI and programs like it are duping the general public into believing that we have not made contact yet...maybe the program is in place in order to facilitate a staged moment of contact when the powers that be feel the time is right. that's my opinion anyway...

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Two Theories
1.Interesting, if UFO landed in front of the white house, I can say they may come for peace. But U.S will surround the UFO with Ah-64, M1 abram tank, Marines and other military hardwares. Then, if they can communicate, U.S know that they come for peace but will still take precaution against them.

2. U.S already had communication with E.T, so why must the E.T land beside the White house. It will be hit by missiles before reaching white house (Missiles maybe useless). Unless, it is another E.T race but most likely they will communicate with the U.S secretly in Area 51 or Area 23 or whatever area

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Our reaction to them landing would largely depend upon their actions upon landing. If they act like "benevolent space brothers" and become our friends, we'd react accordingly; with "hugs and kisses". If they are here to colonize and essentially act like bullies, the reactions would be one of two ways: 1) bootlicking quislings/slaves obeying their masters without question, or 2) fighting for our freedom, and either dying horrific deaths, or preserving our freedoms. It would certainly be interesting to see how many of us would choose to live as slaves, rather than die free. Painful, but interesting. My own guess is many thousands, possibly millions would choose slavery and percieved safety. Fewer would fight. Most would attempt to choose a middle ground.

But I suspect that it would be the former (knocking on wood), rather than the latter. No proof of this of course. But as Will Smith said so eloquently in ID4 "They didn't come all this way to get all rowdy." or something like that.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If there was a conspiracy that big someone would have leaked good info all ready. No big conspiracy can remain secret for this long they never do.

Maybe they have disclosed what they know about aliens which is nothing. I find most people who beleive the government is with holding information are ussually pesimistic then optimistic in nature.

Really there is no evidence that ther is an alien conspiracy if there was i would be on the bandwagon too.
=========================

If Aliens landed on the front lawn of the white house there is no telling what would happen who knows what an alien species might think. It is beyond comprehension of the human mind. People think of aliens in human terms 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 eyes etc. Realistically no one can comprehend what they look like because no one has ever seen an alien. Aliens would not be like human they evolved under different circumstances then we did. So one can conclude that alien species would be radically different and beyond current perceptions that aliens are humanoid in nature.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
To quote from the REM song "It's the end of the world as we know it.".

Remember the scene on top of the Los Angelas office building in Independence Day? That would be dead calm as compaired as to what would actually happen. Good luck at keeping people away if word got out. There would be everything from Mass Hysteria on down. Between the survivalists, the religious zelots, the Luddites and the doomsayers there would have to be martial law imposed just to keep the country from tearing itself apart. As soon as martial law is imposed then the group claiming that it is all a government plot comes out of the woodwork. Me I'd stock up on food and ammo and wait it out. I wouldn't be too afraid of the aliens, because I would be too busy worrying about what my fellow humans were up to. There was a movie made in the early 1970's called "The Crazies" it was a B grade flick but who ever wrote it had a pretty good grip on how people would respond in certain situations. It was about a B-52 crashing with a biological weapon on board, some of the population being contaminated and the government trying to keep it contained. Who ever made Outbreak must have seen this movie.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Initially there would be instances of mass hysteria, but for most workaday folks life would have to go on. Bills gotta be paid, kids gotta go to soccer practise, etc.... It certainly would be must watch TV though. I might even watch the Big Eye with Katie Couric

new topics

top topics

join