It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slipknot VS. koRn

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'm old enough to remember when Slipknot started, they are Pop Rock Pussies. They paid HMV UK to be placed into our chart the day of release to increase sales...yeah that's so metal!

What a pile of crap...I got bored of people hitting the same boring note and hearing the same boring drum beat years ago. Neither of these two groups are talented metal bands, but out of the two Korn are better. At least they don't pay music stores to promote their album in the United Kingdom.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Slipknot are awfull the only thing they have got going for them is Joey. Korn are even worse the singer is awfull, and the Bass player can not play to save hiw life, hell he carnt even tune it in. I am a leval 6 Bass player and have spent 3 years in LIPA which is the UK version of Berkley school of music, and could go on all day about how bad he is, we done a study on random bass players and he came up as the worst along with Blink 182's Bassist.

Now onto the good bands, SOAD are excerlent but my all time faveriout are A Perfect Circle and Tool.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is really a non question. It can't be asked because they can't be compared. SlipnKnot is Death Metal and Korn are Heavy Metal. Big difference. Personally I don't like Death Metal, but I do like Korn. Great band.

EDIT: Since I see some people mentioned SOAD, they kill Korn into the ground though.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by DrTim]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
lol. Slipknot aren't 'death metal'. Bands like Slayer are 'death metal'. It's a combination of heavy and thrash metal. Slipknot are heavy, yes, but they're definately not thrashy.

Slipknot are awfull the only thing they have got going for them is Joey. Korn are even worse the singer is awfull, and the Bass player can not play to save hiw life, hell he carnt even tune it in. I am a leval 6 Bass player and have spent 3 years in LIPA which is the UK version of Berkley school of music, and could go on all day about how bad he is, we done a study on random bass players and he came up as the worst along with Blink 182's Bassist.

Now onto the good bands, SOAD are excerlent but my all time faveriout are A Perfect Circle and Tool.

Okay, so you're saying Fieldy (Korn's bassist) is bad because YOU say so? Some evidence goes a long way. Fieldy isn't the best bassist in the world, but he's definately not the worst. I love the sound he gets out of his bass, slap-bass rules! The reason why you may think he can't tune a bass properly (which, by the way, I'm sure he is capable of) is because it's tuned to A, so it may sound abit "off".

I love how you say Korn's bassist is bad, yet you think SOAD are "excellent". SOAD's bassist is worse than Korn's. I just watched some videos of SOAD playing live from 2002, the bassist plays half-arsed and he's not even in time.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Slipknot sucks

SOAD sucks

KoRn really sucks.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by The Juvey]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If I had to pick, I would pick Slipknot over Korn. I listened to Slipknot and their genre before making the leap into the Death Metal arena. Each has it's place. Certain moods require certain types of music for me. And yes, that includes country. (Gasp!)

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
On their worst day, KoRn is better than Slipknot. I think Issues is one of their best albums. KoRn self-titled being the best.
My top 3 bands are KoRn, Deftones, and Marilyn Manson.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
yup a good qustion.I prefer Slipknot because of their guitarist but my opinion is that both korn and slipknot sucks very much.I saw that you compared the band members.I say that all of them are some pieces of #.
Please tell me a guitarist better than Angus Young or a batterist better than Lars Ulrich.All new rock bands sucks including slipknot or korn.And their shows are awful.I bought not long time ago the ac/dc's donnington castel concert and then i watched at a korn concert.And them couldn't be copmpared.In a rock band the most important is the guitarist because without him there couldn't be rock but at the latest bands i saw that they are putting more accent on the voice that is a wrong thing.
I heard something about marliyn manson: HE SUCK MORE THAT BACKSTREET BOYS!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Better guitarist... I could name many:

Steve Vai, Michael Angelo Batio, Adam Dutkiewicz, Joel Stroetzel.. I could go on and on.

Better drummers than Lars Ulrich:

Tomas Haak from Meshuggah.
Justin Foley from Killswitch Engage.

Again, I could go on and on. Lars is very over-rated IMO.

Also, Slipknot don't have a "guitarist", they have "guitarists", Mick Thompson and Jim Root.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
god... this is depressing! people saying slipknot and korn are good, and defending 'my chemical romance'...

metal has been dead for almost a decade now, and bands like slipknot and korn killed it. s.o.a.d. is okay if i'm in the right sort of mood (which doesn't happen often), but to hear the appelation 'metal' applied to any of those bands is enough to make a grown man cry.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
metal has been dead for almost a decade now

No, it just went into hiding and you don't know where to look for it. 80% of music in the mainstream is pure crap.

You want metal, look on Hydrahead Records or other talent filled indie labels.

And to answer the original question: old Korn is the best from your options.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
you probably undetstood me wrong i was reffering to slipknot and korn is they have a guitarist better than Angus Young or a batterist better than Lars Ulrich.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
you probably understood me wrong.I a was reffering to slipknot and korn if they have a guitarist better than Young.And if you thing that Steve Vai, Michael Angelo Batio, Adam Dutkiewicz, Joel Stroetzel are better than Young you're mad IMO.Yes in Ulrich's view I know that he is over-rated but none of
Joey Jordison or korn's batterist (cuz i don't know his name) are better tha Lars. IMO

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
KoRn are way better!!!

They done like 7+ studio albums is it?

n slipknot only done 3 and 1 live album

y do you need like 9 ppl in a band? is it becos slipknot guitarist sucks so he need another one to back him up and play half the music?

Thats right hide your faces in shame
and Coreys new mask looks like a paper bag

KORN R WAY BETTER

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I use to like korn but they bored the crap out me of so I started listening to slipknot but only because of joey,one of the best drummers around period.
So I'll go with ALL THAT REMAINS. Lol

[edit on 16-7-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Frankly, theirs several things you must consider when comparing the 2 because i love both bands and their #in hardcore. When i saw korn in 06 the #in pit was intense n they tore down one of the giant steal girters that hold lights up n #, people have been killed in korn and slipknot pits. But when it comes down to creativity I'd give it to slipknot, since they switch up their style n korn sticks to what works. niether of those approaches are bad, In terms of commitment to music id give it korn since they do basically double slipknot in songs and albums, since again slipknots memebers are creative with their side projects. In terms of lyrics i can't personally say one is better then the other. when it comes to different styles within the group id give it to korn since they can switch up their basic approach between several different sounds that we all know. I wont say one is better then the other because slipknot and korn fans tend to blend in with one another and most fans of slipknot like korn and vice versa

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You cant spell METAL without SWEDEN........Sweden rule the metal world with a fuggen iron fist.

Meshuggah
Opeth
At the Gates
In Flames
Dark Tranquility
Soilwork
Arch Enemy
Entombed
The Haunted
Pain of Salvation
Darkane
Hypochrisy
Therion

and the list goes on and on:w:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can't see which one is better, there two different styles of music.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Whoa. This thread makes me want to smack my head against my desk. Seriously, what the hell?!

The OP more or less says "pop rock pussies need not apply". Um, seriously. These guys are the epitome of pop rock. Not only that, but in my obviously subjective opinion, they both suck big time, and all members of each band should be castrated.

Now onto the dude that says that Slipknot's death metal. No they're not. They're nu-metal - A genre made sometime in the '90s that really established the end of the thrash metal of the '80s, although it's slowly rising again these days.

To the guy that said Slayer is death metal. Nope, they're straight up thrash metal. Also, it's a band for fat people.

Finally, to all that say that metal is dead these days, it's far from it, I reckon. There are really good metal bands all over the world, and musically they're advancing to levels unseen before. If you don't like death metal because of the grunting get over it. If you look past that you get some of the heaviest and all out aggressive riffs that you could possibly here. Not only that, but there is really good black metal, post-metal and other types of metal out their that are enjoyable. I don't enjoy black metal, but I won't deny that they're pretty popular and do well in the metal industry these days.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join