It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kapustin Yar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I did a search on ATS and didn't find any discussion of Kapustin Yar. Odd, I thought, given the recent docudrama on the History channel called "The Russian Roswell". Sorry I can't call the recent seasons of UFO files true documentaries, but they have slanted away from center too much I think and have inserted a bit more drama into the mix than is probably necessary from the POV of an interested observer. But that's fodder for another discussion

What I'm interested in are the thoughts and suggestions for further study with regard to Kapustin Yar. It seems that Putin-esque russia is clamping down on the free flow of information, but perhaps there are those of you with sources that we can tap before the well runs dry.

For those of you with no knowledge of Kapustin Yar, here is a link to one of the more famous sightings that occured there. Allegedly, however, KY (hmm... I just noticed the initials) is the Russian equivalent to Area 51.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"What I'm interested in are the thoughts and suggestions for further study with regard to Kapustin Yar" == Centrist

Given the choice of the site, it would be difficult to do a detailed study, but it might be possible to look for parallel events and
try to characterize the nature of said events.

What would make this sighting really fun would be to find that the Chinese have had a similiar experiance at Lop Nor.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I saw that same show it had some interesting amazing claims by some creditable Russian pilots. Dog fights with Migs and UFOs. A mig that got hit by a beam from a UFO and the wing of the plane glowed for week after the event pretty amazing stuff.

As for Kapustin Yar I dont know if Area 51 is a good comparison in terms of work done there since there appears to be no aircraft testing done at that site. It appears to be only a place where they test advanced missile systems. In terms of secrecy it might be a very good comparison.

I thought it was interesting that Kapustin Yar was the target of the first U2 flight over Russia.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
"at a military base near the nuclear test site of Kapustin Yar," yep, sounds like area 51 alright!!!

ShadowXIX, do ya recon you could say more about the mig and UFO dogfights?
If ET ships aren't affected by gravity, wouldn't there be no match for them?

And what about that glowing wing? Did the beam damage the wing? Sounds extremely interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak

ShadowXIX, do ya recon you could say more about the mig and UFO dogfights?
If ET ships aren't affected by gravity, wouldn't there be no match for them?

And what about that glowing wing? Did the beam damage the wing? Sounds extremely interesting.

Ill try I only seen the show once but I give you as much info as I can remember. The mig pilots said they were pretty much ordered to try to bring down these UFOs with any means even going so far as to crash into them in suicide attacks. These pilots made in seem like the USSR wanted one very bad.

One of the earliest dogfights mentioned was over Kasputin Yar itself between a small cigar shaped UFO and a MIG. In the 1950s I think and the mig fired a early air to air missile at the UFO and hit it. The UFO then returned fire with some type of Beam weapon and destroyed the Mig but the UFO also crashed as a result of the damage from the missile. It was reported that the USSR obtained the crashed cigar shaped UFO from this event.

-That event was not told first hand by a pilot though

As for the glowing wing event the pilot said a UFO shot some type of beam down and he tried to move out of the way but it hit his wing and made the plane want to roll over to one side, he was starting to lose control but managed to escape and return to base. He said the glow continued to glow for a week after the event when it was in the hangar and only after the scientists poured kerosene on the wing did the glowing stop.

These were also high profile fighter pilots that were giving these accounts. One was even called the Russia's Chuck Yeager. They all pretty much stated that they were ordered to bring UFOs down but some made it seem that the often lost pilots and brought nothing down when they tried.

There was even accounts that UFOs conducted retaliation attacks on Kasputin Yar because the USSR was so hostile to the UFOs.

-this was also not a first hand account from a pilot though

Sorry if this was a poor retelling of the show try to look for "The Russian Roswell" on the History channel im sure they will show it again.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
I did a search on ATS and didn't find any discussion of Kapustin Yar. Odd, I thought, given the recent docudrama on the History channel called

The show was on again last night and I too found it very odd their is little or no discussion on ATS regarding Kapustin Yar.

Just curious though since you made no mention of it, did the version you saw show the underground facilities allegedly located there? Just curious if they might have updated the show since it aired in October is all. Last night's show had a superimposed drawing showing a huge facility that they claim is 1/4 mile underground and allegedly has aliens there.

They also showed 3 long runways and several missile launch facilities and claim the area is also used for secret testing of soviet aircraft. Or so they claimed in the program.

I tried to locate the satellite images they showed of the area that were taken by a company in the US and it looked like a rather large and very complex facility. Unfortunately so far I have come up empty handed but will keep looking.

Just wanted to compare what I saw last night as compared to what others saw when it first aired in October of 2005 since no one in the thread has mentioned the underground facility.

I have to admit I was lying in bed and almost asleep so I may have missed portions.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Found some more info on the facility with map of the area. What pictures I could find are not as good as those shown last night so I left them out

Information on the facility

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Its was the same version that aired the first time. They showed what they believe the underground section looked like the first time aswell. "Zitcore" (sp?) is the name I believe the gave to that part of the base.

Russia's Yamantau mountain complex in the Ural mountains might be another prime choice for Russia to bring any such tech. That place is massive though not nearly as old as Kasputin Yar.

Info on Russian secret bases is lacking compared to that of the West bases like Area 51.

For example I googled Kasputin Yar got 147 hits
I googled Area 51 189,000,000 hits

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Its was the same version that aired the first time. They showed what they believe the underground section looked like the first time aswell. "Zitcore" (sp?) is the name I believe the gave to that part of the base.

Russia's Yamantau mountain complex in the Ural mountains might be another prime choice for Russia to bring any such tech. That place is massive though not nearly as old as Kasputin Yar.

Info on Russian secret bases is lacking compared to that of the West bases like Area 51.

Agree on finding information on the area, there is very little if any detailed info with some exceptions on the area. I just downloaded Google earth and trying to locate the area the coordinates given on some websites seems to differ because what I find is or looks like a town named the same.
Also images from the free version are not that good, wish I had the professional version.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Coordinates are as follows:

Kapustin Yar Main Complex: 48 33'27.47" N 45 54'01.43" E ...... Elev. ~ 25'

Yamantau Complex Entrance: 54 14'42.14" N 58 04'48.02" E ...... Elev. ~3201'

Google Earth images from these areas are labled as being 2006 DigitalGlobe but are shockingly low quality. Somehow I don't think they were using their 60cm (2') resolution QuickBird satelite to it's fullest capacity.

I have a growing list of coordinates from around the world of bases, geographic anomolies, test sites, etc. I will try to post them in their relevent threads when I can. If there are any specific sites you think I should be investigating please let me know.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fugue
Coordinates are as follows:

Kapustin Yar Main Complex: 48 33'27.47" N 45 54'01.43" E ...... Elev. ~ 25'

Yamantau Complex Entrance: 54 14'42.14" N 58 04'48.02" E ...... Elev. ~3201'

Google Earth images from these areas are labled as being 2006 DigitalGlobe but are shockingly low quality. Somehow I don't think they were using their 60cm (2') resolution QuickBird satelite to it's fullest capacity.

Thanks I had already found it using a nearby town and am working on getting the best picture I can find. And yes the quality is very bad when compared to the rest of google earth.

Actual coordinates for the Air field are 48 16.10N 46 15.0687E

Shame on google but what the hey it is better then no pictures at all.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by shots]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Centrist

I was born on the top secret base in Russia and when I was 3 my family moved to KAPUSTIN YAR where I grew up and then moved in 2001. My dad is former KGB officer and has access to all sections of many bases. The crazy thing is that Kapustin Yar base is underground. All you can parks, schools and apartment buildings. Thats why you would never think it is base if you there
I know soooo much # about what was going on on the base
dang when i saw this Russian Roswell i went crazy and very proud that finaly they talked about my lil town aka top secret base.
I remember my dad would meet with americans and go far on those fields and blast rockets and then he would bring american gum and candies and everyone would be happy. There are so many things to remember. LOL the crazy thing is that my dad STILL dont tell me a lotta # tho!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Originally posted by spysdaughter

I was born on the top secret base in Russia and when I was 3 my family moved to KAPUSTIN YAR where I grew up and then moved in 2001.

Cool. Any pics ?

Wait...it's "underground"....riiiight. No pics.

My dad is former KGB officer and has access to all sections of many bases.

Rank and section, please ?
Not asking for his name.
Just rank and section.

The crazy thing is that Kapustin Yar base is underground.

How neat and tidy.

I know soooo much # about what was going on on the base

Then, please; do tell.

I remember my dad would meet with americans and go far on those fields and blast rockets

Pictures ? Any ? Proof ?

My dear,
You tell a nice story.

However, without any evidence, it falls into
my "I don't think so" basket.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

lol sure I expected that it would be such statements as "I dont think so". I was washing dishes and my boyfriend said "Tanya, they are talking about your city!". That was a couple of days ago, Russian Roswell. I was really shocked and surprised. Then I went online to see what they have on there about my city and found this forum. I had to tell I grew up in this city, I feel sooo proud. And give me your email and i will definately send you my old school pix from that city. And ofcourse I dont have pictures from the base cuz u cant just take pix there. I could go only to my dad's office tho. I was at the airport tho.
My dad was major in KGB then he transfered to FAPSI (it is another state department that provides communications for President and makes sure that national security is on
)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Did your father tell you about any UFO wreckages holding at that base?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
YouTube “Russian Roswell” there’s a few docos regarding the subject.

Also check out these supposed Russian government videos of mig fighters getting close to UFOs.

Cylinder shaped object
www.youtube.com...

Round shaped object with shadow
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw it, but I am asking if her father ever told about it if it's a truth.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sylpho

nope, he would just say that they would meet with americans and destroy rockets as the symbol of ending this cold war! lol yeah but then he would bring me american gum or candies, thats all i cared about then! lol

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
OK LAdies and Gentlemen!
This is my high school Diploma that proves that I lived in ZNAMENSK, which was KAPUSTIN YAR before

this is the link to my livejournal

hotbunny.livejournal.com...

[edit on 12-9-2007 by spysdaughter]

[edit on 12-9-2007 by spysdaughter]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
....found these videos on YouTube

UFO Kapustin Yar USSR Part 1 of 6
www.youtube.com...

UFO Kapustin Yar USSR Part 2 of 6
www.youtube.com...

UFO Kapustin Yar USSR Part 3 of 6