It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE Help...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I recall a while ago, a thread I had viewed before becoming a member, about someone who wanted to experience an Out Of Body Experience or Astral Travel, but could never get it. I don't remember who it was but they posted that someone who was adept at traveling astrally coud help someone into the astral plane.

When she said that someone had u2u'd her and helped her into the Astral plane I was excited. I have been trying and trying to astrally project, but failed every time. I've read books, websites, and visisted a wicca (sp?) store for any spells that might help me.

I would love to have an experience like that, but am really afraid to give out personal info over the internet to someone I have never met before. You know how your mom always said to never give out your personal info on the internet because of what might happen? Yah, that's what I'm afraid of, as I am still a minor.

I also have some questions about it:
1. If you travel astrally, do you go out in your pajamas or what you sleep in?
2. If, say an animal sleeps on your bed with you, and it accidentally disturbs you, will you jump immediatly to your own physical body and awaken?
and 3. Is it just a rumor that if you look at yourself in the face while in the Astral Plane that you could go insane?

Thank you very much, if you have any more in-depth information on this, or would like to help please u2u me. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That will be the massive thread by theRivergodess.....a little like the 'Brothers in Arms' CD by Dire Straights, it has been in the top ten forever.

Oh and stay away from TVs, they are suppose to be bad, not sure where I read that, prolly on that really big thread

[edit on 7/11/05 by Strodyn]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thank you for the info! You're a great help!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Can anyone else help me? I would really like to try this. I am always being let down on many things in life, and this would be the first time something amazing could happen to me.
Please u2u me! Anyone who could help me. I have been on this site lurking before I registered, and all these talented people who have traveled astrally, I feel like the only one who hasn't.
Anyone who is kind enough to at least let me out for a little bit will be forever gratified! I am ready for this.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon Traveler
1. If you travel astrally, do you go out in your pajamas or what you sleep in?
2. If, say an animal sleeps on your bed with you, and it accidentally disturbs you, will you jump immediatly to your own physical body and awaken?
and 3. Is it just a rumor that if you look at yourself in the face while in the Astral Plane that you could go insane?

1. Some people say you will go out in whatever you are actually wearing at the time, others say it is sort of like "risidual self image" discussed in The Matrix. (How you percieve yourself to look/your favourite most often worn outfit that you see yourself in)
2. Yes. Any loud noise or movement will wake you up just as if you were sleeping and you will snap back.
3. I don't know if you will go insane, but yes weird things do show up in mirrors and tvs sometimes. Mirrors it usually tells you about yourself, like reflecting what kind of person you are on the inside. So if you are a horrible person, the reflection might be enough to make you insane. From people I have talked to, looking at TVs tends to show predictions.

someone had u2u'd her and helped her into the Astral plane

I sure wouldn't mind someone doing the same for me and helping me out once and a while
. Although a friend tried once, and said I fell asleep again about a dozen times before they gave up

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the answers, it helped me to understand it a lot more. So I'm guessing that you travel a lot to know these answers? I sure would love to at least travel once, yet I end up falling alseep, too!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
^
Yeah, I tend to fall asleep, but you'll know it when its about to happen. Its like a VERY intense vibration that you can feel as well hear. The vibrations can scare you, but if you expect it, then it should help you get into that state of mind. Ive only been able to "travel" twice, but it was amazing. I hear that if you eat alot before you go to bed then its suppost to help? Ayways, I would love to do it again, but it hasnt happend. I dont understand how people can master this, its really hard!?!?!?!?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
it's not real. it's all in your mind.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph

That's a real generic, non-constructive one-liner. First of all, with all the information out there, you couldn't even bother to back your statement up? And secondly, this board is more for people that already accept AP as fact and want to elaborate, more than a place to debate it's validity; since there are already several "Is AP real?" boards out there.

I dont understand how people can master this, its really hard!?!?!?!?

I think you are over-guessing the number of people who actually have mastered it. There are very, very few people out there who can just AP at will, every time they lay down and try, and go out for hours at a time. If you can manage once a month, you'd be lucky.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Originally posted by Sickaluph

That's a real generic, non-constructive one-liner. First of all, with all the information out there, you couldn't even bother to back your statement up? And secondly, this board is more for people that already accept AP as fact and want to elaborate, more than a place to debate it's validity; since there are already several "Is AP real?" boards out there.

I dont understand how people can master this, its really hard!?!?!?!?

I think you are over-guessing the number of people who actually have mastered it. There are very, very few people out there who can just AP at will, every time they lay down and try, and go out for hours at a time. If you can manage once a month, you'd be lucky.

it's common sense really. the brain is an incredibly powerful instrument, we still have no idea of the wonders it holds. i believe that people think they are "flying around" because they find a way to access a different part of the brain's imagination. it is like a very, very, very controlled and vivid dream. i bet that if throughout the history of astral projection the story was "when you leave your body you immediately go into heaven and fly around there" that people would most likely "make" themselves see what they think heaven looks like when they project. the only reason people think they lift up out of their body in their room is because that is what their brain is taught and told will happen once they reach that deep mind state. it's ALL IN YOUR MIND. i think time magazine and others even did research on this, it is all within your own brain...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thanks Yarcofin. Sickaluph I am happy that you inputted(sp?), but I already think that it's real, so saying that it isn't, isn't getting you anywhere. But, yes, it starts in your mind. You got that part right.

TravisT, Congrats on being able to travel more than once! Yarcofin did prove a point to me in his last post, while answering yours. I guess not many people can master AP. I guess I was so used to seeing threads with people answering saying that they travel often, or that's how I percieved their answers. Oh well, time to do some research on more techniques!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, i'm not very expert about OOBE, but since i've been (unsuccesfully) trying to acheive one from quite some time now, i can try and give my 2 cents about this subject.

First of all, if you haven't already done that, i suggest you to look for 2 books by William Buhlman: i don't know their title in English, but at least in my own language it's quite self explanatory, so if you perform a brief research i think you'll manage to find them easily.
I suggest you this author because he doesn't only properly explain what an OOBE is, but he suggests also some easy exercises.

And now, what is an OOBE? We could say it's quite a state of the mind (mind not meant as "brain", but meant as a wider and more "spiritual" concept, we could say "consciousness"). You can travel out of your body, yes, but you do also explore your inner self.

In a nutshell, your spirit parts from your body and then can wander around in different vibrational levels. There are several of these levels, some are more "dense" and with lower vibrations (closer to our common reality), while others are "lighter" and have much quicker vibrations. To each level corresponds a state of your consciousness: in the lower ones, your astral body will resemble your material one (someone in this topic has mentioned the "residual self image" of Matrix), but as you proceed further your projection will lose its "material" aspect, till you'll become and "expression of consciousness" (forgive me if it sounds a little cryptical, but i can't find a way to proprely translate it), the very essence of your thoughts.

Vibrational levels are also connected to your inner depth (the higher the level, the deeper you "travel" inside yourself) and the way you perceive your surroundings (at the lower levels, you'll perceive what's around you more or less as if you were normally conscious, while at the higher ones, well i dunno how to explain it, but according to what Buhlman wrote, we could speak about aesthasys or Nirvana - my opinion, at least).

Well, that's what i've learnt so far; as for the techniques, the simpler the better, we could say. So, as many others in this board would, i can suggest you to repeat yourself before falling asleep many many many times your intention to have an OOBE (an example could be "Now i'm gonna get out of my body" or "Now i'm going to have an OOBE"... do NOT say "I want to get out of my body/have an OOBE": there's a slight but substantial difference between stating that you're GOING TO have an OOBE and stating that you WANT to have an OOBE).

At this point, several things could happen: you could simply fall asleep as usual, or your sleep could be interrupted by odd noises (like the sound of waves or a roaring engine, sometimes also voices), a vibrating feeling, often (statistically) inability to move. Don't panic, it's a good sign: it means your spirit is almost ready to leave your body. So, calm down, follow the flow of your preceptions, calmly follow the noise and/or the vibrations (eventually helping them to grow and get wider/louder). Try and move your spirit: it could be useful to concentrale upon another room in your house, "sending" your spirit there, or imagine your spirit being weightless and floating towards the top of your room. Try not to think of your body, or you'll return inside it. If you succeed, usually you'll be hearing a *snap* and there you are, free to roam and explore.

Well, that's what i've learnt so far: it's more theory than practice because so far i haven't managed to acheive a complete OOBE (being as smart as i am, every time i approach an OOBE -i understand it because my point of view is some inches in front of my eyes- i find myself thinking "cool, now i'm getting out of my BODY... d'oh!!" because just thinking of my body puts me back inside), so i hope i haven't written misinformed things. Still, I hope it may prove useful.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Sparhawk]

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Sparhawk]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Wow. That was really detailed, Sparhawk, thank you!
Well, if you ever get out of your body long enough, post it, or u2u it for me. I'm very curious to this concept. Again, thank you!

I'll have to look up that author, it sounds like a good read, and very informative. If you don't mind me asking, what is your native language?German, Spanish, etc?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well, as soon as i manage to obtain something, i'll be happy to post it here and share my imressions with you all.

About the language, i'm Italian. As i told before, in my version of these books the title is quite explanatory, literally they can be retranslated in "Out Of Body Adventures" and "How to Leave You Body" or something like that. Probably the title in your mother language could be slightly different, so don't stick strictly to my translation.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ah, Italian. I wouldn't mind visiting Italy...is it nice there?

top topics

join