It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedes rejected euro at the vote..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
If you hate the UN, why the hell can't I hate them too? Oh and btw, thanks for the personal insult. That always reflects your intellect.

Sorry, it wasnt my intention to insult you..

But being insane isnt a bad thing allways..

And sure 'you' can hate UN, but your goverment cant. they, the US gov. made it.. now they must live with it, and its rules.. rules that they have broke in last 12 years against Iraq..

They even have done 'invasion' or 'attack' war, for which many Nazis were hanged..

US double standarts say i, or is somebody hanging G.W.Bush?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Maybe they just didn't want to lose any more politicians to random stabbings???

Seriously...way to go Sweden! I used to only respect them for the bikini team and their meatballs, but now theres another reason!

The Chef may have switched to Apple, but his compatriots are keeping their money!

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Maybe they just didn't want to lose any more politicians to random stabbings???

Seriously...way to go Sweden! I used to only respect them for the bikini team and their meatballs, but now theres another reason!

Your 'meatballs' aint from Sweden.. they are LIHAPULLAT, and from Finland.. bastard Swedes stole even that from us..

Fortunately Finland has Nokia, which is kicking crap out of Swedish Ericson and also even more badly from US Motorola..

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yes, Uni, they stole everything from you.

Japanese Cell phone makers are kicking the crap out of ALL of you. Always have. Mosty cellphones in the US made by japanese companies.

And Motorolla is Japanese, last time I remeber.

Finland didnt steal the Swedidh Bikini Team.

And Sweden gave the world ABBA. So there.

Seattle was settled mostly by swedes and Norweigans, so theres alot of ties here. Lutefisk is better anyway. lemme guess, they stole that from you too?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
But the point still is Swedes rejecting Euro.

All you people from US, Skandi and Seekerof..
(whoom both i consider to be my ATS mates)

Consider this: you are going to Florida, Miami city.. with your US dollars.. then you go to a bar and try to buy a beer, but the bastard waitress doesnt want your money, as "Here in Florida we use Floridan dollars".. and those arent same money as US dollars.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Yes, Uni, they stole everything from you.

Japanese Cell phone makers are kicking the crap out of ALL of you. Always have. Mosty cellphones in the US made by japanese companies.

And Motorolla is Japanese, last time I remeber.

Finland didnt steal the Swedidh Bikini Team.

And Sweden gave the world ABBA. So there.

Seattle was settled mostly by swedes and Norweigans, so theres alot of ties here. Lutefisk is better anyway. lemme guess, they stole that from you too?

Skandi.. may i laugh?

Nokia

Is the cell phone maker in the world. Most Americans just think that Nokia is a Japanese word.

Nokia made the first cell phone, and will make the last.

Nokias market share is superior to all competition.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ooh...I forgot about ABBA...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Consider this: you are going to Florida, Miami city.. with your US dollars.. then you go to a bar and try to buy a beer, but the bastard waitress doesnt want your money, as "Here in Florida we use Floridan dollars".. and those arent same money as US dollars.

Fulcrum, your using the wrong example for "common currency". We are "states"...in Europe...you are "nations." And as nation's, some will not agree nor join. With states, many will grip but will also go with what is mostly proposed.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ah, but Uni, you forget,

The US is one country. When i go to florida, Im not going to another country. Im still within my own borders. Floridans take dollars, because Florida is America.

Mexico, however is not America. they have thier own Currency, the Peso. Tho they take American dollars there because they are worth more, and american cash is a hot item in Mexico.

If I go to Germany, I would not expect them to take dollars. I would get my dollars converted at the airport into Marks (or Euros now, but when i was in germany, they still had the Deutsch mark). When i went to France, I changed into the Franc, and when i went to the UK, I traded em in for pounds.

Finland is one country. Germany is another. The EU is trying to make one big country out of Europe. Doesnt this WORRY you? No More Finland? The money exchange is one thing. What will you think when your native language disappears? Changing currency is alot easier than learning another language.

The point of the Euro is that its eroding national borders, and the EU is trying to turn Europe into a copy of the United states. Is that what you, want, the united states of Europe, for Europe to turn into the US in theory?

Americans can be considered one people, because we all have common roots: we were all the descendants of downtrodden or unhappy people, or we were slaves, who all came to this country either fleeing it or being forced into it. Thus, because of those common links, we can be considered a nation.

Europe is full of tiny countries with thier own history, own language, own culture, that differes from thier neighbors. The EU will destroy that.

Its rotten to the core, and I dont like it.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Not really the same...we are talking about a whole country here... Just because our states are the size of countries.....

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I know Nokia beats the hell out of Samsung, Ericson, and Motorola in quality and durability. The thing is the cell phone market in the US is large enough that all these companies can have a piece of the pie but I prefer Nokia. Got a 3585i on a trade in just last month for my old 5165.

I use it to prank call the UN and tell them to "get out ..get out" in a real scary whisper voice.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Im not talkin about Nokia, Uni, Im refering to other Japanese makes. Most of the people I see with Cellphones either have Samsung or other. I dont own a cellphone, never seen the point in one, so its all relative to me.

Wait.Finland is taking over our cellphone market? And this is somehow different from American Mc Donalds and levis being sold everywhere?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Skandi,

Europe: Is white people with basicly same dna. we are really a big family, just like all black people are a family. Or all Jews are a family, Europeans are just so hostile (basicly) to even all other europeans that we have deveploped our own languages and build are 'own' nations. but still we are as one. So it would be very logical to all of 'us' use the same money. Europe is about the size of Australia (Australians also are from Europe btw..) but in Europe, here lives 100-150 million people more than in US.

And also wouldnt it be better if the Europeans started to get along, as all world wars have been started and finished here? Cause if there was to be a yet a another big show down in Europe and somebody did get the upper hand (wins) before US intervines yet again.. the world would be in a 'world of hurt'.

Who ever controls Europe will eventually control the planet. At the moment NATO (US and the coalition of European powers) control the Europe, but if German or Russian were at control of the things and people of Europe, the whole planet would soon follow, so i think that it is better to Europe unite and share the power between nations of EU here in Europe so thet the rest of the world doesnt get ruined.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Im not talkin about Nokia, Uni, Im refering to other Japanese makes. Most of the people I see with Cellphones either have Samsung or other. I dont own a cellphone, never seen the point in one, so its all relative to me.

Wait.Finland is taking over our cellphone market? And this is somehow different from American Mc Donalds and levis being sold everywhere?

Skandi,

Not just US market.. the Nokia is Supreme power around the globe, has been allready for many years.

We have a evil plan to take over the world by using our cell phones against the rest of the world population.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, that explains why I havent succomb to your evil plot, Ive never used a cellphone in my life!

But thanks for the warning, was considering getting one, to have a stable phoneline no matter where I moved, but now I know the TRUTH:

Cell phones are an evil plot from Finland to send brainwaves into peoples ears to convince them to send Uni thier Euros and computer parts!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My Nokia has been through hell and back, and still turns on every single time.... Got to give credit where credit is due there....

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A platform would be fine for that Uni, but not the EU.

A type of United nations of Europe would be far better, everyone keeping thier currency, national borders, languages, ect. A sort of Nato for Europe would be fine. mId like to see the US pull out of NATO and out of Europe period.

But giving away your countries and idenity to join one big family is not the way to go. There are better ways of keeping the peace.

Euope long ago might have been of the same stock and big happy family, but millinea of migration and seperation have formed different peoples. The Hungraians, for instance, werent from the same ethnic group as the Romans were. They all came from somewhere.

The US is basically people from Europe too. Yet why should the US control Europe? Were European arent we?

Its because we have migrated away from the mother pool and formed our own natioan and historical and political entity. Some nations are closely related to each other, but more distantly related to tohers.

Take Estonia, your cousins to the south, Related to you by language and similar ethnic background. But how much in common do Finland and Estonia share with say, Spain? Not a whole lot. Youre totally seperate countries with different histories and backgrounds.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Estonia, Finland and Hungary.. all are cousins.. and are called as suomalais-ukrilaiset kansat, Finn-Hungarian people..
(im not sure about the translation, but that it how it directly translates.)

There is even in Russia millions of 'us', cause the 'Karelian' and 'Komi' republic of Russian federation are populated by Finn-Hungarian people.. and also in both in Sweden and US there are more than 1 million Finns in each.

And Finn-Hungarian roots are in Volga, so it is not a big of a surprice that the people of Stalingrad gave a such a fierce fight against Germans in ww2..

But enough of the preach.. nobody isnt even really intressed in Swedens rejection of Euro or are you?

To me that was a big surprice, and i also see their decision as a stupid one.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   

But for the preach.. nobody isnt even really intressed in Swedens rejection of Euro or are you?

To me that was a big surprice, and i also see their decision as a stupid one.

Yes, actually many of us are interested (and pleased by the outcome).
No need to beat a dead horse but, the EU and the Euro are just the beginning of the Homogonization of europe and the intent is for it to spread.
Fulcrum, being as nationalistic as you are I'm quite surprised to see you saying that loss of national identity is a good thing. I do, however, understand what a pain it was to travel europe with the different currencies and exchange rates. Maybe regional currencies would work but one mighty euro seems a bit extreme and very frightening.
How long before the referendums on the NWOLLAR?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes, Uni, thats why Im picking on you for amusement in this thread.

I am very interested that it rejected the Euro. How many other EU countries have rejected it other than Sweden and Britain?

I still think the EU is a bad, scary idea. Like the UN. The Un scares me too. So does NATO. And NAFTA. WTO. All that stuff.

It also points to something else. The resurgance of nationalism, something the New European order has been surpressing since the end of the last great war. Nationalism supressed will come back and bite you in the face. Nationalism and patriotism can be beautiful things if carefully nurtured, fostered, and properly directed. But to be stripped away, it will double back eventually.

People in Europe miss having national idenities and thier own unique little families. Plus, the large wave of immigrants from the middle east has no longer made it the European Union. Its more and more like America.

Nationalism on the rise again in Sweden, and surprisingly, in germany as well. The british will resist to the bitter end to deny the EU, thats in thier blood to do so. I almost think the Island will have to be invaded and half the population killed in order for them to enforce it.

Incidentally, i was going to add that on to my post. The Finnic/Urgic people part of one group, the basques thier own group, even the Indo Europeans are divided into Celts, latin, Teutonic, Slavic, and the Balts, latvia and Lithuania.

A very diverse population. Too much diversity to risk melting it all in one single mode.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join