It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedes rejected euro at the vote..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well that is what they did..

I really dont understand why..

Stupid voters they have there, i just wonder how are they able to think that they can make it with Swedens national money (kronor).. there is very limited markets for that, some less than 10 million user.. for that currency..

Swedes are rejecting the future..

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Fulcrum....
The Swedes are not the only ones holding out from this. Those "fantasy dreams" that there will be a "one state Europe" is not going to happen. This is another "utopia dream" being fostered on the people by the elites. You don't see this?

Though, as par in European politics, this is just a non-binding referndum. There will be another referendum, then another till it passes and is binding!

Take for example: Look at Denmark and the Maastricht treaty.... They just kept throwing referendums at the danes till they finally cried uncle......!

Norway rejected the EU in 1994, which probably means they are due to another EU referendum before long.

On a side note: Looks like they are NOT interested in French leadership.....
The EU = the French
The U.N. = the French
The 'Napolean Bonaparte' complex = the French
The 'pimple' on the world = the French
The support of the 'Philistine' family = the French

Personally, and seriously.....the next step will be to alienate or otherwise coerce the populations into submission. They will try the money carrot & stick combo first, and if that doesn't work, other means will be employed.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Say what you like, but i personally think that euro is the way of the future.

Hell even if everybody in europe used US $ (dollars..) so would i.. as using single currency makes things much easier..

Image if all 50+ American states used their own money.. wouldnt make any sense.

It would even be better if all nations of the planet earth used same 'money'.. but IMHO that 'money' shouldnt be US $..

Maybe it would/will be called as 'credit'..

btw, i hated it when i was in Italy (been there couple of times).. 1000 Liras was 3 FIM (Finnish 'marks') and now 5,94 FIM is 1 Euro.. and 1 Euro is good knows how many Liras.. but this isnt the point.. the point is that Italy is nowdays also using Euros.. making things very easy..
(one doesnt have to walk around with a calculator in his hand..)

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good for them.
My respect for sweeden has gone way up.

nationalisim is teh rox0rs

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If anyone had any sense at all,they would never allow someone to have complete control of their ecomonomy,if sweden accepts the euro it will mean they have to fall right into line behind the group that it did not help anyway,things will look great until everyone is in the system,then those who control the system will change it after everyone's in,it's not about convenience,it's about control.
The future doesn't exist yet,investing in the future is always a risk,it's good to stick with something that you KNOW works,anything else usually turns out to be too good to be true,like the euro probably will prove to be.
The vote isn't final anyway,the greedyboys are still going to make the final decision,and it will probably be to adopt the euro anyway.
Snatchawaytheirprosperity,thewack.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Fulcrum, Tsk tsk.

One currency is one step of the NWO, and a MAJOR step.

I applaud Sweden for standing up. National soverignty and identity is the best route. Taking on one currency is the erosion of of nations, idenity, and gives more power and control to a smaller group of people.

One govornment, one currency, one world. No thanks, Fulcrum, if thats your wave of the future......

Everyone in Europe once had thier own currency, and thier economies did great. The bristish pound is worth more than the dollar. Taking on the Euro would depreciate thier own currency signifigantly.

Sweden has always been relatively Neutral, Im surprised they even joined the EU. But good for them, they are trying to hold out to the last minute.

Wealth and money are not worth sacrifcing the indenity and virtue of a nation. Sweden enjoys a high standard of living without the Euro. They dont need the one world govornment.

The US is comprised of different states, not countries. Theres a difference. We are one nation with one language and a common culture. Europe is taking many nations with thier own unique idenities and tring to throw them into one big faceless federation.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
FFS!!!

It the pussy Swedes dont want the Euros, they may as well resign from the whole EU.

I for one will not ever again use SEK (SvEnska Kronor).

If i ever again visit Sweden (Sverige..) i will shove the Euros i have down their throats..

I for one dont really like EU, but the Euros are a good thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It the pussy Swedes dont want the Euros, they may as well resign from the whole EU

Let me rephrase that.

The most intelligent and proud Swedes should resign from the EU! And so should the rest of Europe! Well, except the french, they want it they can have it!

A loose pact between the nations for the purpose of mutual defense,, and a platform from which to speak is fine. but when youre talking about replacing native currencies, govornments, and erasing borders, then youre talking something very wrong.

I doubt I will ever be going to sweden anytime soon, because i cant speak swedish, but I wouldnt mind. They have some kick ass viking relecs and ruins there!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Skandi,
Swedes have never stood up against anything.

After 1809 when Russian empire invaded and took over Finland, what was then the home country for Swedens army..

(90% Of 'Swedish' army personel were from Finland, the rest 10% was Swedish officers..)

The Swedes have not taken part in any war,
they even managet, to avoid the both world wars even as the Finland that was one of the major 'hot spots' of both ww:s and is Swedens border neighbor.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think Finland shouldn't have euros.. I liked the marks better..

Euro

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outtis
I think Finland shouldn't have euros.. I liked the marks better..

Euro

Outtis if you feel that we shouldnt use Euros.. well just give your Euros to me.. and you dont have to use them..
I will use them for you.

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Skadi, you've hit the nail on the head there. The Euro is the tool of the NWO. I'm glad to see them vote it down. I know it mkaes sense to have one world currency and all that but like you said too much control to too few people. It might be better for them to drop out of the EU. I know it sure as hell would be great if the US dropped the UN and told them to pack it up and take the CFR with them.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
But Fulcrum, if Sweden did that, that would be INTERFERING. It wasnt Swedens business what the Russians did, so long as the Russians didnt bother them! Sweden was a NEUTRAL country. NEUTRAL countries dont get involved, period.

Yet you condemn the US when WE get involved in other peoples business. So, its ok for everyone BUT the US to get involved in wars that have little to concern them?

Sweden stood quite nicely in the middle of waorld war 2 by NOT getting involved like switzerland, and offering safe harbor to refugees fleeing Hitler and his madness. They stayed out of it. What Hitler did was none of THIER business.

So why should Sweden get involved in affairs that dont concern us?

By the way, the US army is comprised of soldiers from MANY countries. If one of those countries gets invaded, by your logic, we should go stand up to them and kick thier ass!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Skadi, you've hit the nail on the head there. The Euro is the tool of the NWO. I'm glad to see them vote it down. I know it mkaes sense to have one world currency and all that but like you said too much control to too few people. It might be better for them to drop out of the EU. I know it sure as hell would be great if the US dropped the UN and told them to pack it up and take the CFR with them.

Man, you are insane.. i really dont understand this talk going on in US about UN, as you the US of A started the whole impoted organisation.
It was your own plan, your product.

Personally i hate UN:s guts, but i do feel as the US started the whole thing it really should follow the rules it have by itself made/impose.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, Fulcrum,

when the Un was started, we started it basically because Europe was having a hard time keeping itself from ripping each others throats out, and the idea at the time seemed a good one: an international lobby built with democratic voting and stuff, instead of going to war on a country for #s and giggles, in order to go to war, you have to have everyone take a vote to see if those wars are just.

It degraded from its orginial conception, and now is a joke. Thats why we curse it. We opened up our own pandoras box, and yet another step to NWO.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Skandi,

Until 1809 Finland was Swedish 'colony', Finns were Swedish citizens.

But i am not bitter about Russian invasion, hell it was the best thing that could happen to Finland, as 'only' 109 years later there was this 'Red revolution' in Russia and the Russian communists were the first ones to 'admit' our independence.

Good thing to do.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No.. I dont want to give my money to you

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
And the Russians were once a swedish trading outpost. Thats where Russia gets its name.

Have you ever thought that the Swedes did not want Finland anymore, and thus, thought it hardly important to stand up to it? That Finland was no longer viable as a colony, let the Russians take it?

And thus, if you think the Russian invasion was so great, then you shouldnt criticize sweden for not standing up to the Russians for taking over. perhaps sweden felt that owning Finland was not worth it anymore, and thus, futility in opposing the Russian invasion.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If you hate the UN, why the hell can't I hate them too? Oh and btw, thanks for the personal insult. That always reflects your intellect.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe they just didn't want to lose any more politicians to random stabbings???

Seriously...way to go Sweden! I used to only respect them for the bikini team and their meatballs, but now theres another reason!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join