It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: TV Preacher Pat Robertson Says Disasters Point To Second Coming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Somehow i think the Bible Belt will have a hard time listening to a tall dark Jewish Arab man claiming to be Jesus when they've all but re-designed him as a blue-eyed blone westerner and probably expect a Southern drall.

Hmm, yes of course thjey are not expecting such an occurence.... But what is happening, unn Has anyone notice that these events have begun to take place rapidly since the year 2001, the year that Bush took office? He had a plan, and this was one of his plans. There are numerous news articles which, describes Bush and his followers in the bible belt as wanting to create the Armageddon now, and try to hasten Christ's return, But, God will not be hurried, everything takes Time, His time. And he will know when to end this world. Praise Be to Him!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
•Robertson predicted that the world would end in the fall of 1982.

•Robertson predicted a global economic collapse between 1983 and 1985.

•Robertson predicted a Russian invasion of Israel and claimed that the USSR would collapse after the outbreak of a World War III.

"When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." (Deuteronomy 18:22)

Maybe someone should ask Robertson,"What's the frequency Kenneth?"

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
True, How many predictions he have made and they fail not to come to pass... hmmm.. what he's saying about the 2nd coming, is nothing new... nothing new...

He just trying to get credibility... But he is far from getting there take a look at this article:

www.rense.com...

The man is getting ridiculous

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The problem with vocal men like Pat is that while we laugh at his ridiculous statements, is people out there that believe him, support him and will do what he tells them to do.

That is what makes people like him dangerous.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here is the big problem about dispensationalism, it has always preached the same thing in any historical interval. The consequence has been an apologetic mess for giant financiers pumping money into mass death. The philosophy in and of itself has not necessarily been the problem directly. However we view it the key is acclimation to violence over and over again, with mumbo jumbo superstition in all effect. To keep people ignorant while they are being robbed daily is like shooting fish in a barrel while black holes of money attach to fewer and fewer humans viewing most of us not as people but rather "cattle."

As the saying goes, keep you faith in God, but tie up your camel.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
hahahahaha. That is funny. He and his ilk are probably waiting for the person that will spare them the least pain. Very picky lot.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If Jesus came back today Bush would have him arrested as a terrorist. He would be declared to be Usama Bin Laden (I have an old picture of Jesus that looks just like him!). He would be thrown in Abu Gharaib and given what for! Robertson would insist that he be executed forthwith along with all his followers-thus the rapture!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Bush, la haye, Robertson and their followers have put this thing called Christianity to shame. But u know what that's not true Christianity. Christianity has been stolen and robbed of it's heritage, by these types of people who have been in existense for centuries.

Christopher Coloumbus once predicted and believe the end times will have come, and thus have written what is known as the five or so folios... (i don;'t know if i got the spelling right). Anyway he believe that Jesus will have come in his time, even though he thought up and was the grand architect of the grand enslavement of the native people of the new world,and mass murder.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
It reads like an awfull lot of posters on this site would happily fight with satan's army against The Christ.

Yes, we are all Satan's followers and when you're not looking we sacrifice babies to him and then go home to indulge in gay sex and other satanic rituals...

Originally posted by DYepes
It does not matter who will reject Him or not upon His return. The fact is He will not come back as a human begging people to follow Him to salvation. He is goign to return to destroy the antichrist and ALL who follow him and carry his mark. It will not be a fight at all. It is simply going to be a massacre of all evil on the planet that noone can resist in any way shape or form. Those who have accepted Christ as their savior in their hearts will have earned eternal life. Those who chose to ignore the signs over and over and over again, who at the time it happens will have been told by many and begged to be saved will unfortunately perish. It is simple fact.

Am I just out of line here, or does what you're saying seem like a scare tactic to try and convert people to your faith? Basically what you're saying is (paraphrasing):

"If you don't beleive in my religion then my God will come down and send you to a place where you will be tortured for eternity, while those of us that simply say that we accept Jesus will go to heaven (even if you're a serial murderer, or rapist, or child molestor) where we'll be blissful of all eternity. All you gotta do is accept Jesus and you have a clean slate and a sure ticket into the very exclusive party known as heaven."

All I have is one question before I sign on the dotted line and accept the big J:

If I accept Jesus and then go and kill a family, rape the daughters and mother in front of the tied up males and then cut up their bodies and feed them to the family dog, do I still go to heaven since I accepted Jesus and all my sins are forgiven?

Or do I have to accept him again to get another clean slate?

[edit on 10-10-2005 by ShakyaHeir]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wake me up when the beast with ten horns shows up.

There have been earthquakes, hurricanes and tsunamis since long before humans existed. They are not new phenomena.

Pat's just trying to scare up (literally) more donations.
Apparently Pat never paid much attention to that whole "camel passing through the eye of a needle" bit.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have been thinking deeply on this subject and the increased portents as such. It is interesting that Christs symbol is that of a descending downward Dove. The dove is one bird that is in fact swooping down upon humanity at present with the possible key to wiping out all or most of the human race.

The Definition of Irony

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Increased potents? Here's a little article on that -
www.spiritdaily.com...

There is sensationalism everywhere ...
People looking for 'signs' so they have something
to believe in that will break the monotony of life.

Either that ... or they are right .

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the 'Bible' is not the only singular source & authority that the world & civilization, will at a future era, will be consumed or destroyed

You have voted St Udio for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have two more votes this month.

Actually, you could have just said 'the Bible is not the only
singular source and authority' ... and that would have been
excellent as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
LOL! You got to love the religious kooks!

What sad lives these people must lead, crapping their pants over the "end times"....spreading fear.

Morons.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
They always pull out the crazy stuff when the money runs dry. Stick with what works.

Uhm yeah...
Let's hope loonatics (the christian ones) will always be given this amount of attention on ATS, or you, and many with you may have to find other topics to barf about...

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Jakko]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, all religious kooks can be fun to listen to. I recall Brother Jed and Sister Cindy coming to my college campus in the midwest every spring to preach to the 'fornicators' between classes. Cindy used to start in with a fervored shout, "I was a disco queen ..." It was the early '80's after all. She was awesome.

What concerns me though is that it appears that Robertson, Bush and other so called born again Christians truly feel their own omnipotence derived through their blind faith in their own infallibility as true believers. They honestly believe they can do no wrong (hence the lack of accountability for mistakes) and, more importantly, that when the sh*t does hit the fan and thousands die or are mutilated, raped, etc., it is actually a good thing because it is either a sign of the expected end of times or simply the just punishment from on high of non-believers. Believe and you shall be saved, sinners.

When I was growing up these wack jobs were the lunatic fringe. Little did I know as I flipped channels in the '70's that those evangelicals offering salvation for $19.95 a month would, with those millions that came in, be power brokers within 15-20 years. It's no longer a laughing matter. We owe it to ourselves and our children to stop the spread of religion into politics and public office because when Pat Robertson starts calling for the assassination of Hugo Chavez he's crossed the line from relatively harmless religious zealot to so called Christian soldier and fomentor of terrorism. We need politicians who accept that accountability to the public and world for words and deeds is a prerequisite to having a political voice on the national stage, elected or not.

The tax exempt status for Robertson and his show should be revoked as he is now a political organization advocating the murder of a democratically elected foreign national leader. But that won't happen while Bush is in office.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join