It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: TV Preacher Pat Robertson Says Disasters Point To Second Coming

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thou i'd prefer the Aliens to come down and say 'it was us all along as far as your concerned, no one in the Universe has found the key to God yet', i would be a classic watching the Evangelicals tear the 'messiah' to shreds if he returned.
Somehow i think the Bible Belt will have a hard time listening to a tall dark Jewish Arab man claiming to be Jesus when they've all but re-designed him as a blue-eyed blone westerner and probably expect a Southern drall.

They'll kill the next Jesus like the original one. There's no way Jesus would come back if he hasn't already, humanity today wouldn't accept him - especially the ones who spend all day calling for his return.

It'll be Aliens. The Mayans said 2012 the world will change and humanity will move into a new level of awareness - that is going to be from being introduced to a higher level of intelligence and evolution and learning that religion is man made and that 'God' is even higher than what we've been led to believe. Only an Alien presence could force humanity into a new level of being and force us to realise a greater cause than waiting for a ghost to return.

Religion would only set us back further, why would Jesus want this? - it's got us nowhere in the last 2000 years, we're still fighting like school kids over ideologies. There's a big difference from having personal beliefs than to dictate societies on those beliefs, especially when Historical fact contradicts most of those ideologies. It's time we learn that we aren't Gods gift to the Universe but just another grain of sand on his beach.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I watched Robertson interviewed this morning by George Stephanopolous(gotta be spelled wrong) on ABC and he said this same exact thing. George pressed him on it a little, and Robertson made clear that he didn't think that GOD was giving him this "word". He simply said that you can make a reasonable correlation between current events and the "birth pangs" described in Revelations that precede the end of the age.

Not neccessarily trying to defend Robertson here, but just wanted to make clear he wasn't claiming he had been given some sort of Prophecy from GOD. As a believer i do have the gut feeling that we are close to the end of the age(evironmental factors being just one of many reasons).

I'm not the biggest "fan" of Mr. Robertson, but i believe he's being honest. Whether he's right or wrong that we are experiencing the "birth pangs" is certainly debateable, but i can't fault him for saying it, if that's what he thinks(and i do). IOW i don't think it's about how "They always pull out the crazy stuff when the money runs dry." I don't think it's a scam to try generate revenue for his ministry, but hey that's just my opinion what do i know. I don't even own a tin-foil hat, i could very well just be brainwashed.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The reason the Bible has remained so accurate in its continually consistent "end of times" portents is that the writing is so vague. Its like Nostradamus writing 2000 years ago.

The point is, the human condition remains the same, even with the advent of technologies.

But Kudos to what TheShroudOfMemphis wrote.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Metaphor322]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It reads like an awfull lot of posters on this site would happily fight with satan's army against The Christ.

Many no doubt will believe that The Christ and his Heavenly army are a hostile allien invasion rather than recall the many signs and warnings and addmit that their faulty human pride led them astray.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It does not matter who will reject Him or not upon His return. The fact is He will not come back as a human begging people to follow Him to salvation. He is goign to return to destroy the antichrist and ALL who follow him and carry his mark. It will not be a fight at all. It is simply going to be a massacre of all evil on the planet that noone can resist in any way shape or form. Those who have accepted Christ as their savior in their hearts will have earned eternal life. Those who chose to ignore the signs over and over and over again, who at the time it happens will have been told by many and begged to be saved will unfortunately perish. It is simple fact. The time is not now but when it does come it will be known by most.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Gotta love Jesus, he loves you (so much that it will bring you to your knees), but he will also kill you for not believing he loves you !

Meef.

Jesus better be cool.......

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What else is new? Robertson has been spewing this drivel as far back as I can remember.

What they dont seem to get is that nothing new under the sun is happening. Things are no worse than they have been in the history of the world. Its only now people are paying more attention to them. Tjhere are more people alive now to witness disasters.

I still cant believe Robertson is still alive. He should be on his deathbed already!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think the whole biblical prophecy thing is just a way of interpreting events. When the world gets messed up enough, things eventually crumble. Empires do have a tendency to end after a while.

Why are you all so concerned about some person showing up and calling themselves Jesus? Exactly, what kind of world do you want? Why do you think one guy can make that world?

What world do you really want? A dictatorship with Jesus supposedly being in charge is still a dictatorship. Are you willing to betray your morals just to get into some stinkin' heaven?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I have to given it to them they were pretty good with words, occurs after Christianity stole the Jewish god and linked to the Christ they have not other choice but to stick with him

Marg, why do you say that the Christians ''Stole the Jewish God'' ?

IX
helen

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The Christian God and the Jewish God are one in the same, unless she is referencing the Tanak [Tanakh--Hebrew] version as being Old Testament and the Christian version being applied to the New Testament.
In any case though, despite versions or holy books, God is God for both one in the same.

I'm mystified myself, helen670.

seekerof

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
wow, some of you guys really surprise me.

Pat Robertson may be a fool but at least he's still watching the signs of the times.

Anyone know when tribulation starts? Lets see first a peace treaty is signed, hmmm Isrealis left the west bank this year 2005. Bush says he wants a Palestinian state by the end of this term, before 2009. What happens after 3 and a half years into the tribulation? Peace goes sour, the antichrist comes into power. Speak of the devil, he's visiting President Bush in the white house on November 2nd. Another 3 and a half years goes by and that puts us in the year 2012.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
pat robertson is a barker for the new world order.
he is trying to shore up the 'christian' side of the dialectic. it's funny how hate works.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

It's the Bible, but not like anything the devout have ever read before.

The world's most famous book, which has been translated into more languages than any other publication, is now available in the world's most modern form of communication, SMS or text.

So instead of reading in Genesis how: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth", it will now be a case of: "In da Bginnin God cre8d da heavens & da earth".

"The old days when the Bible was only available within a sombre black cover with a cross on it are long gone," said Bible Society spokesman Michael Chant.

"We want to open it up for people of all ages, backgrounds and interests, and the SMS version is a logical extension of that."

SMH

This is the latest reason why people who hold tightly to a religion as fact should really start researching the orgins of the bible and the history of the stories told. If you do this you'll learn some interesting things about how the bible has changed over history, especially after the Romans used it to extend an Empire. You'll learn the classic Jesus story has been told in other religions atleast 7 times before Jesus was even born.
You'll learn that Jesus' life and teachings were hijacked and his vision twisted and changed to suit a political movement.

And now, we have the latest change in the bible - imagine 2000 years, many languages (including some which don't exist anymore) and people with pollitical reasoning and you'll start to get the idea of how the bible is akin to a joke. You'll hear it, love it but NEVER be able to tell it the same and next time you hear it, it'll have changed somehow.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I agree with Ycon, lots of people attack christians call them fools etc, I guess it was said by Jesus "and you shall be hated of all nations for my namesake, and they shall deliver you up and kill you." So I know it only gets worse for us christians... It amazes me how muslims kill a buch of innocent people and people take them far more seriously... Christians strive for peace and understanding and are hated for it....

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Exactly XphilesPhan. Everything is proceeding as foreseen by the Bible.

I am actually pretty convinced myself that we are entering the end times.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
You know what would be news?

Christian Conspiracy Theorists say world isn't ending. First time in 2,000 years. TV Preacher says Don't Send Money.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have read both the Old Testament and the New as well as alot of the Gonstic Gospels, I have read the Zenda Vestas, Rig Veda, The Upanishads, the Quarn as a good many of the Buddhist texts and one thing rings true through each and every one of them...that they all are most profitably read as metaphors and any attempt to read them literally is always doomed to failure. True they all have historic contexts, you cannot write anything that doesn't but at their heart of hearts they all attempt to describe man's relationship with the eneffable and that is something that is ALWAYS doomed to failue because the nature of the subject which is why they are metaphorical in nature. The most telling passage in the Bible takes place on Siani when in return for his devotion, God allows Moses to see his "hindparts" as he departs. And that was for Moses a spiritual highmark...and we mere mortals cannot even hope for that much. In the long run this issue of metaphors is also why, intellectually and spiritually fundamentalisms of any type are ultimately dead ends...their approach is confined and narrow in focus, when matters of the spirit are expansive and open ended, infinate in nature and deeply human.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

The Earth has been in upheavel
and if one does subscribe to the bible as being fact and Revelations actually being a truthful prophecy then it's possible

but scientific evidence has shown that the worlds problems may be due to Global Warming and not a religious event.

the 'Bible' is not the only singular source & authority that the world & civilization, will at a future era, will be consumed or destroyed by both natural forces and the unintended consequences of humanities' wallowing in hubris & the '7 deadly sins'....
check out Eastern Philosophies and NorthAmerican Hopi and Mayan cycles

the 'bible' model of Armageddons & Apocalypse is just marketed more forcefully and louder....the 'bible' model of the birth-life-death cycle and the principle of entropy is also wrapped in mystery (they call it faith or belief)
and is designed to become self-fufilling events, which the faithful call 'prophecies'........sheeze,

hallalulah, it's free entertainment,
however, just like walkng thru a cow pasture
....watch where you step!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I still cant believe Robertson is still alive. He should be on his deathbed already!

Are you out of your mind?

He got his own energy drinks to keep himself young, he even has them marketed.
got to make a profit while your are at it.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Some believe that the Bush administration is being guided by individuals who actually want the end of the word, Christs return. They are just trying to speed up the process. Some of Bush's decisions would definitely fit the mold, his attempt at world discord to speed-up the rapture. Since Pat has both God's and Bush's ear, maybe he knows something we don't?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join