It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween Short Story Contest - Can you Scare Me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm going to chug some Mountain Dew and get that last chapter done for mine. I know pretty much what's going to happen...I just want to make it interesting.

It's about 1:35 AM my time.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
She was having a sleep over long ago with her best friend. They shared a bed and slept soundly until Amber got the sudden urge to sit up. As she sat up, she ended up glancing in the mirror, in the mirror she saw a man's face w/ long scraggly hair, and it appeared as if he was wearing clothes from the 1800's. His blouse was off white, torn, and raggedy, and he was staring at her with this big grin on his face. She wasn't sure if it was a good thing or bad. She managed to pull the covers over her head and fall back asleep. The next morning she awoke, wondering if that was a dream inside a dream, or if it was actually real. But for the next few years in that house, strange things happened that only she experienced. Like hearing a woman call out her name and her friends while they were sitting in the kitchen playing board games, copying music from cd to tape and then hearing a man's voice on the tape whisper her mother's name, waking up in the morning and looking at the wall only to see what appeared to be a ghost going up and down, making the sign on the cross. Nobody ever believed in anything she told them about those incidences, she died a mysterious death when she turned the age of 13, ironically she was listening to that tape that she had recorded that had that man's voice whispering her mother's name, and she was found laying in front of the same mirror that that man was grinning out of all those years back.

[edit on 28-10-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm posting this to say that the entries are the best I've ever read! This is a great year for Halloween short stories! Every year I save the best stories to my computer and this year I've added more then I've ever added(Which is saying something, because only the best of the best stories get stored in my collection)! For those wondering where my entry is(though probably no one has been wondering about my story) its still in the works but I hope to have it out ASAP.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
I'm posting this to say that the entries are the best I've ever read! This is a great year for Halloween short stories!

It's nikelbee's fault, she's lashed the writers into a frenzy, rapping knuckles
and making us sit in the corner when we write trite.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think I could have done better on mine, though. *shrugs* I just didn't want to get gory or graphic or anything like that--that's not my cup of tea.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm going to have a word with Nicklebee about that...
I just finished my story! Its very long and I think it could do with some refining but I can do that in the morning. Its pretty late out here and I ought to get to bed. Great entries everyone and I hope I've produced something that can hold its own against everyone elses. Good Night!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I'm posting this to say that the entries are the best I've ever read! This is a great year for Halloween short stories!

Ohhhh
you think I was mean. I didn't mean to be mean. Well not to you or anyone else on here - except to Kallie, who I was mean to last night. And she sort of deserves it. I'll just take my little writing books elsewhere...

I too am impressed by the quality of stories for this contest.

I guess you are free to leave the corner now Masqua.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Well not to you or anyone else on here - except to Kallie, who I was mean to last night. And she sort of deserves it. I'll just take my little writing books elsewhere...

Kallie's story wasn't bad, but I'm a little concerned about her relationship between herself and her characters. There's just something about The Watcher that kind of bugs me. I U2Ued her, but I haven't received any reply. Maybe her character got her.

I too am impressed by the quality of stories for this contest.

Agreed. As our little gathering of ATS writers continues to grow, the number and quality of the stories has become increasingly impressive. The Halloween entries have indeed been a treat to read.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee

Ohhhh
you think I was mean. I didn't mean to be mean. Well not to you or anyone else on here - except to Kallie, who I was mean to last night. And she sort of deserves it. I'll just take my little writing books elsewhere...

I was attempting to be funny, nikelbee...I'm sorry if it came across otherwise and apologize for making you feel bad.
m

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well, i made a lame attempt at a story.

Its not horrific but "It could happen"....

Glad to be a part of this little contest!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

[I was attempting to be funny, nikelbee...I'm sorry if it came across otherwise and apologize for making you feel bad.
m

That's 100 times on the board Masqua: 'I will make more of an effort to make Nikelbee feel loved.' and in perfect penmenship too. (Chocolate also helps).

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I will make more of an effort to make nikelbee feel loved.

(X10 to save bandwidth)

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
YAY!! I just submitted my story. I hope its good enough to hold its own against the genius writing here.
Now that thats done, I can do what I've always wanted to. *Voidmaster whacks Mr. Wupy and Jeremiah25 upside the head for being impossibly good writers* Hope mine fairs well against yours.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't consider myself a genius.

For me, writing is just a hobby, and once in a while I like to show off what I have and see if anyone else thinks it's any good. I sure don't expect to win anything.

Right now I am not looking to be published or anything. Besides, there's the Internet--just create a home page and put it on the Net if money's not the issue.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

*Voidmaster whacks Mr. Wupy and Jeremiah25 upside the head for being impossibly good writers*.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

WW.....Voids hitting people!!!!!!! If he comes to my door on Monday night i'm putting a rock in his bag.....the little bugger

This has been a great contest, even though I know I won't do well. I've never been able to really do scary for some reason. I don't know why. Still,

I wish all my fellow writers all the luck in the eyes of the judges, you guys and gals are great.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Contest ends on October 28th at midnight EST, Winners Announced on October 31st.

First Place: 10,000 ATS points
Second Place: 8,000 ATS points
Third Place: 5,000 ATS points

Please include (HSSC) in the title. Limit (3) three entries per member.

OK WW, its time to break some hearts here. Who won this little scarefest? Curious minds want to know. It's a difficult contest for sure but I have my favorites of the stories and want to see how well they did.

Wupy

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with Wupy, tell us who won and who embarrased themselves by submitting an entry.

Even though I tragically missed the deadline I wish to see who won. Also, even though I didn't get into it I'm glad this contest happened because my "entry" was my best writing yet. Also it has inspired me to take writing seriously from now on. The next time I see my name in the newspapers it will be about my recently released best seller.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join