It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis: The Startling Case for the Island of Cyprus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have this book and I really believe that this is the most incredible evidence about Atlantis. In my opinion, Robert Sarmast is right and this is Atlantis. And this 2006 special would be great

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i don't think you could be anymore vague

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Can anyone link me to this "upcoming special" on T.V.? I must have been living inside World of Warcraft for the last year cause I havnt watched t.v. in ages.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aronolac
What has them excited is that the description found in the Urantia Book matches the dimensions found on the top of the submerged mountain for a temple and a flattened area around it....
The Urantia Book reveals what the use of this land area was before it submerged 34,000 years ago in an earthquake that also destroyed the Sicillian land bridge to Africa. According to the book, the remainder of the Atlanteans took a year to travel to the land area between the Tigris and Euphrates in what is Iraq today.

Oh? And where did we get the Urantia Book? According to your linked site:

The Urantia Book is an anthology of 196 "papers" indited between 1928 and 1935 by superhuman personalities whose names are given with their respective papers in the book.

The humans into whose hands the papers were delivered are now deceased. The means by which the papers were materialized was unique and is not clearly understood.

The contents are a compilation of the best thinking of more than 1,000 human authors writing between the first century and the present era, edited and combined with information and commentary by a superhuman revelatory commission.

The Justice league of America wrote it. Them or the Avengers. Thank you Stan Lee.

Originally posted by AronolacIt seems the legend Plato repeated was from the traditions of the surrounding peoples concerning the extraordinary individuals that came to the pennisula of land which remains have become Cyprus. They were very tall and lived extremely long. These indeed were the biologic uplfiters which build enclaves in the early history of man to buld up their race and then send them out to intermarry with the surrounding tribes in the area.

Fact is stranger than fiction many, many times.

While it may be true that fact is stranger than fiction, what appears to be even stranger than fact is your idea of what the word "fact" means.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sacreligion, I don't know about the USA/North America, it that were so--wouldn't it of been more common knowledge back then that the "Spice" Islands, and the path to Asia etc weren't to the West as most believed then? People were thinking the world was flat and you wouldn't dare sail out west... or is this before those times and maybe they actually knew of the land out west we call home??

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have thought about this many years even before I had heard of Robert Sarmast. It was a great shock for me to hear about his discoveries or, in 2003, the threat of his discoveries because I had for some reason in 2002 seeminly illogically had a very strong impression of a straight line starting from particular area of cyprus and going to syria. and I have never had any kind psycic intuition or visions before or since but I knew it was somthing because before this (thing) happened I didnt even know there WAS an island off the west coast of Syria or where the hell Syria was on a map for that matter. Robert was on C2C the other night, made me think about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The poster who mentioned the Thera=Atlantis theory is most likely correct IMO. Too many people read Plato literally without considering the context within which Plato wrote. He was not a historian but a philosopher and was probably just building on the destruction of Thera in order to illustrate a point regarding ideal states. Of course, we really don't know so my point is just conjecture as well. It just happens that I'm not going quite as far out on the limb as those who read certain passages literally.

If an advanced state like Atlantis existed then we should have some record of their artifacts as any group of people who develop beyond hunter/gathering will develop trade with other peoples. Taking Plato's date literally means that we should be able to find some sort of evidence deep in the occupation mounds that litter the fertile crescent from this period. So far, nothing has been found that can't be explained by normal trade with early cities who existed at roughly the same technology level.
So, until we find the steel sword at the 9000BC strata underneath Jericho, I will be unconvinced.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join