It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "mist" on a photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This image was kindly sent to me by a friend today, after I saw it last friday. It was taken on the &th july this year, in Wales.

Note the vague shape of the cloud, or whatever it is. I am at a loss as to what it is as it looks vaguely humanoid in shape. If anyone can explain what it is I would greatly appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It does indeed look vaguely humanoid, as if someone or 'something'
stood in front of the camera, thinking 'it' was invisible.

Tho this might have something to do with my vivid imagination.

Developing error?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It does look funny. I'm no photo expert but I think it is moisture on the lens.

Maybe some one could come up with an exact explanation if we had more information. What was the weather like? What kind of camera was it?
With out knowing details it is impossible to say exactly what the 'mist' is.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Was it film or digital?

If it was film, it looks like either light foging, or a processing problem.

I don't think it is moisture on the lens, although if it is digital it could be condensation on the sensor.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It was with a disposable camera, so it could be a processing problem, as for the weather it was cloudy, but it was clearing to become a sunny day at the time. It was about 11:00 when it was taken, if that means anything.

The date the photo was taken was the 7th July this year, i seem to have made a typing mistake on the first post.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by apex]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
It was with a disposable camera

Probably light fogging then. Especially if that was the first picture taken with the camera.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
After a few minutes of fiddling with my brightness and contrast controls the figure does indeed look humanoid. The shape of the torso, head and neck are quite distinguishable.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by apex
It was with a disposable camera

Probably light fogging then. Especially if that was the first picture taken with the camera.

It wasn't the first, we were on an expedition through snowdonia at the time, and it was the last day (day 4) so it was definitely not the first, or last.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

link, in case the image doesn't show(it happened to me)...www.freewebs.com...

i photoshopped the faces out for pirvacy. otherwise, the photo is unaltered.
taken with a cheapo fuji on film. other pics at the same time and location don't show the mist. i was standing beside a rock pile that was used as a kind of altar by the natives of what is now collingwood, ont. they would mutilate the dead similiar to eygptian rituals, a taking out the brain and whatnot, if i remember correctly. in short, there is the potential for a lot of spooky energy there, if such things exist.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by billybob]

since i'm editing again to add links, here are three other weird photo i took, or were taken of me(yes, that's my ear).....www.freewebs.com...

[edit on 25-9-2005 by billybob]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just tried runing some advanced filter tricks on this photo, but the compression made it impossible to get anything good out of it.

I am a bit suspisious of possible Photo Shoping, since the banding in the "body" looks very much like cumulative brush strokes. The scatter in the mist and general sizing also makes me suspect that.

But then again, I'm very skeptical about ghost photography in general.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I happen to know a few things about photography....
If it is fog it was done during the processing of the picture not the negative. It would be more pronounced if it were on negative. So check out your negative and see if it is there. If so let me know and I'll run some more possibilities across you.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
I happen to know a few things about photography....
If it is fog it was done during the processing of the picture not the negative. It would be more pronounced if it were on negative. So check out your negative and see if it is there. If so let me know and I'll run some more possibilities across you.

i checked my negative long time ago. it's on the negative, and not on adjacent frames.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If its on the negatives then judging by the fact that you can make out detail behind it then its probably not fogged. I doubt that it is moisture, even though there are no shadows, thus a diffused light... moisture usually has a reflection somewhere... I have looked over the photo and can find no reflections. The reason that I mention diffusion is that if it were moisture and a sunny day you would have a rainbow somewhere on it, but there is still no reflection.

If the photographer wasn't, nor anyone near the photographer, was smoking then it is a good possibility that something unexplainable has been captured.

P.S. How about a little background on the place... The village looks to be flooded.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
to clear up some confusion....
there are two pics in this thread. the pic from apex which started the thread, and my pic which i added a link to , because the site doesn't allow remote linking or something.

www.sceniccaves.com... click on ' EKARENNIONDI '.
that's where i took my pic.

www.freewebs.com...

the day was a clear sunny day.

top topics

join