It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your choice for FEMA head?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
1. Martha Stewart
2. Paris Hilton
3. Ray Nagin
4. Wolf Blitzer
5. Scooter Libby
6. S. Hussein
7. O. b. Laden
8. David Icke
9. Rowan Atkinson
10. Bill O'Reilly

My top ten picks ... not that any would do a great job ... but all would do better than Michael Brown.

Doesn't always pay to embellish the truth. Doesn't always pay to let your friends do it either.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The obvious thing would be to have candidate with a background in the Emergency services, not a political appointee.
I also think it has to be a separate entity and not part of another department, such as Homeland Security, that will syphon off the funds for it's own pet projects.

Oh!, and a government that listens to the reports and recommendations of the experts who head the department and it's various branches

It makes me laugh really when I remember all the more recent "disaster" movies that always portray the heads of these agencies as hands-on ex-firefighter types, with the sleeves rolled up, smoke blackened and pulling babies out of the rubble

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Cooked in a pit over hickory and mesquite, basted with butter and pineapple juice, and served with an apple in the mouth. Oh yeah, remember to cover the ears in aluminum foil, so they don't burn.

Seroiusly, if it is a real, functioning bureaucracy, the head should matter less than the procedures in place. I refuse to believe that you can change one person in a federal agency and suddenly everything would have tasted like rainbow sherbet the whole time in Katrina.

That's like saying, "Who could make the post office run better?" Hopefully, no one--because if one person affects it, the hierarchy is already hopelessly screwed!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
any one of them will do...they'll be in office long enough to wait for the next calamity to strike, and then they will fall.

I think I would chose Martha Stewart.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You forgot Scooby Doo and Shaggy....

Maybe this one should be over in the joke forum...I'm sure there's plenty of hilarious possibilities we could come up with over there....

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I gave this thread an over/under of ten minutes before being banished to BTS.

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Definitely Martha Stewart, she can fix up any mess to look beautiful

Plus she's a caterer and knows how to feed a lot of people on short notice.

[edit on 9/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
*sigh*

I really was trying to think of who would be able to handle the job ... and those are the first ones that came to mind.

Well, except, I couldn't remember Martha's name and had to Google "domestic diva jail"

Oh well ... think I got ten minutes of flame from this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zadeh Redux

Well, except, I couldn't remember Martha's name and had to Google "domestic diva jail"

hahahhahahahhahaa oh my...that's actually funnier than the initial post

Yes, Martha would be my choice, too.

Unless they had Vin Diesel available.

I haven't seen him around lately....

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Most of these below would probably decline due to the current way things are, but FEMA director candidates I would currently trust to put US citizens & afflicted American disaster victims first and foremost with solid pre-planning strategy, then if havoc strikes, overseeing that evacuations/search & rescue/recovery/cleanup/rebuilding operations/endeavors are expedited efficiently as possible would be:

I. Secretary/General Colin Powell
II. General Wesley Clark
III. Senator John McCain
IV. Former Counter-Terrorism Czar Richard Clarke
V. Heck, even Dr. Phil McGraw at this point

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm thinking the Prime Minister of the Ukraine needs a new gig.

Yulia Tymoshenko

I for one think she'd bring about a rise........................................in the level of trustworthyness of our government.

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Most of these below would probably decline due to the current way things are, but FEMA director candidates I would currently trust to put US citizens & afflicted American disaster victims first and foremost with solid pre-planning strategy, then if havoc strikes, overseeing that evacuations/search & rescue/recovery/cleanup/rebuilding operations/endeavors are expedited efficiently as possible would be:

I. Secretary/General Colin Powell
II. General Wesley Clark
III. Senator John McCain
IV. Former Counter-Terrorism Czar Richard Clarke
V. Heck, even Dr. Phil McGraw at this point

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
1. Jenna Jameson
2) Daffy Duck
C Michael Jackson
4th Pat Roberts
CINCO = SIMON GREY !!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I dont know who I want, but I know for a fact who I DONT want: Ray Nagin.

top topics

join