It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tape threatens attacks on Los Angeles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
BEWARE of the day when you dont hear "terror" warnings anymore. Consider yourself safe if there are terror alerts

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I kind of miss that cute little color chart, though. Especially the photoshopped one with Sesame Street characters.

I guess they figured we got sick and tired of hearing about it. My opinion on the matter is--if you know someone's plotting something, then do something about it instead of wringing your hands and trying to scare the masses.

And why do we need a Homeland Security Department anyway? The Second Amendment IS Homeland Security!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Apparently someone from Osama U got upset with all the TV time given to Pvt. Katrina.
Gotta love em though, these tapes make for good comedy. Looks like our American friend passed his exam on finger shaking '101', must be an arab/muslem/terrorist thing. Oh and special thanks goes out to 'Souljah' for helping to keep us focused, I know this made your day.
But really, NC is the best place to live, except for the occasional Hurricane, Tornado, Earthquake, Ice Storm, Snow Storm, Severe T-storms and Panthers upset, damn can you believe that? A field goal with 3 seconds left and the Saints win!
Oh well we play then again in November!

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Yorga]

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Yorga]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Whats with this bozo hiding behind a veil? We know who you are wierdo...show your face and be proud of being a terrorist!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TacOps Security
Whats with this bozo hiding behind a veil? We know who you are wierdo...show your face and be proud of being a terrorist!

Don't think thats a veil, think maybe it's toilet paper. Kid looks like he messed his pants. How does that go again, wipe with the left, eat with the right or is it eat with the left and wipe with the right? That's it, now I know why terrorists are always shaking their finger, damn!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Large Portion of Los Angeles Loses Power - Reason Unknown

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A large portion of Los Angeles was blacked out Monday when electrical power was lost. The power got knocked out shortly before 1 p.m. after two power surges.

Traffic lights throughout downtown and the San Fernando Valley were not working, causing major traffic problems, according to video from helicopter news crews.

Downtown highrises also were darkened.

The city's department of water and power said it was investigating the cause and extent of the outage.

Has it begun???

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Delta 38]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delta 38
Large Portion of Los Angeles Loses Power - Reason Unknown

Has it begun???

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Delta 38]

Nope... not terror related... that's my guess anyway...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Australia has been getting all these new anti-terror laws and not one terror attack ? I'm sick to my core over this, NO more personal freedoms to be lost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Did we ever find those WMD ? or Bin laden ?, I guess they found saddam but how hard is it to find your own employee ?. Give me real proof and Ozzie's then mite accpet these BS new laws.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by helium3]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Supposedly a worker accidently cut a power line. Probably the King called up Arnie and asked him to take the power off the grid for a while to get everybody all pumped up so his ratings could go back up.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well from the consensus here, it would seem that it's obvious this tape is nothing but a piece of fluff, even Terror analysts have said this guy is just full of hot air and has made bottomless threats before that amount to nothing.

But, who does take it seriously? Why John Howard does, the same man that last week was saying Australia needs tougher anti-terror laws, including making it illegal to leave a bag unattended because Terrorist bombers would hate to break the law before they blow something up!

Here's how Howard has spun this NWO tape. It's government/Intel agency sponsered propaganda, nothing more. The guy sounds fresh from Isreal anyway, Mossad agent probably, hence the mask and the 20 year old stock file photos they are showing of this guy who in reality is probably long dead anyway and whos identity has been stolen for the use in Terror propaganda.

Terror tape proves need for tougher laws: Howard
02:31 AEST Tue Sep 13 2005

Howard, speaking on arrival in New York for a United Nations summit, said the tape "only serves to remind us of the changed world in which we now live as a result of terrorist attacks.

"It underlines emphatically the need for a further strengthening of the domestic law in Australia," he told Australian journalists.

Howard last week announced plans for new security legislation, including detention without charge for up to two weeks and electronic tagging of suspects, which have been criticised by civil liberty groups.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

[edit on 13-9-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
always hiding. i say bring it on cowards

[edit on 13-9-2005 by res7bequ]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
What I cannot understand is why Melbourne?
Furthermore, why not Sydney?

Sydney would seem a more logical target, with the iconic opera house and harbour bridge, as well as being the international face of Australia and also an international business hub of the region, however the Commonwealth Games are coming up in Melbourne next year, and this would provide to be a much bigger target.

I dont think they would try and attack during the Commonwealth Games as security is water tight during such an event, but they might try to attack shortly before the games to disrupt the whole proceedings from the outset.

Im sure the relevant authorities are looking at all the possible scenarios, and will do their utmost to protect us, however after the London bombings its unfortunately a matter of time before such a similar attempt is made on Australian soil...sad what the world has become

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
thought this was an interesting quote...

i werk for skynews as an audio director and i have seen the footage all night tonight, and i rekon the footage is a hoax, the guy has a face mask on, yet the audio quality is clear as crystal, not muffled at all, trust me, mic's are senitive instruments i use them everyday, and that mask would make the mic lose top end big time, and he hesitates before he sayz melbourne, and it is midly conveient that our government is trying to push through new anti terror laws....

whats the deal with these new terrorism laws. at least in England theyve got these...lawlords(?)...to stop stupid laws from getting through. one of them was quoted as saying the new laws were as dangerous as terrorism itself. Now australia is getting the same laws and there is no opposition party to stop them. and the public are so stupid they wont care.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That Adam fellow is an idiot. He probably didn't get enough
attention from his parents and he just wants attention. Idiot.

[edit on 9/13/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Pure fearmongering.

But there sure as hell will be a terrorist attack soon, I'm sure of it. However, the terrorists are not who they appear to be

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Today there was an explosion in a House in my city - nobody was dead.

The reason?

Gas Leak.

Imagine what kind of HAVOC that kind of News would start in the USA?

Think about it....

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Today there was an explosion in a House in my city - nobody was dead.

The reason?

Gas Leak.

Imagine what kind of HAVOC that kind of News would start in the USA?

Think about it....

yeah the power lost in Cali and u know wat happened? nothing......no chaos or panic.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was stuck in traffic for about 2 hours though at lunch and it really sucked, Everyone on the radio was pretty calm though, The sports show just kept talking about sports even though they were running by generator power, only once in a while to stop for call to confirm what areas were blacked, out, But if you went to CNN My wife said it was like a bomb went of, No more Katrina, LOL , News jerks really kill me these days

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Originally posted by AmethystThe really sad part is, over a third of the American people actually buy into Bush's nonsense....

Well, speaking for myself, I do not think that most Australians really consider us a terrorist target. Even following the Bali bombings and the attacks on our embassy in Indonesia, most people I talk to simply do not believe that Australia itself will be attacked.

It's interesting how different Australians react. Whilst I agree many don't see us as a terrorist target, others do. There is a Jewish school called ' Masada ' in St Ives, Sydney. Over the last few months I have noticed that they are building a security gate and house at the entrance. The gatehouse looks more like a pillbox and constantly has 2 armed men there. I haven't seen this anywhere else in Sydney.
It's obvious though that the jewish people here think the threat is all too real.

With regards to the mentionaing of Melbourne this could be due to its larger Jewish community. Remember, Joe Gutnick ( prominent Jewish businessman ) had threats made to him from Al Qaeda in 2002.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

With regards to the mentionaing of Melbourne this could be due to its larger Jewish community. Remember, Joe Gutnick ( prominent Jewish businessman ) had threats made to him from Al Qaeda in 2002.

Melbourne does have a large Jewish community but really, most established cities do, Melb isn't exceptional at all in that regards.

I'd say Melbourne is the distraction. It would never play into Islam hands to bomb Melbourne when Canberra is right there and Sydney has more international landmarks and business.

They recently just got Sydney's underground rail completely CAD'ed out to make a 3D similuation of it for 'emergency management' exercises. If they do a repeat of the London Bombings in Sydney while everyone is focused on Melbourne, i for one won't be surprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join