It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tape threatens attacks on Los Angeles

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
I'd say Melbourne is the distraction. It would never play into Islam hands to bomb Melbourne when Canberra is right there and Sydney has more international landmarks and business.

It would make no difference where they bombed. They don't care about landmarks, they care about body count - the bigger the better.

They recently just got Sydney's underground rail completely CAD'ed out to make a 3D similuation of it for 'emergency management' exercises. If they do a repeat of the London Bombings in Sydney while everyone is focused on Melbourne, i for one won't be surprised.

The remarks of some fruitcake American Al-qaeda, wouldn't change the resources being allocated around Australia one iota. LOL, it's not as though ASIO et al are going to flood Melbourne with agents now.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
It would make no difference where they bombed. They don't care about landmarks, they care about body count - the bigger the better.

I don't agree with that. Professional terrorism attacks global interests. Who in America will give a rats ass about 50 people in Melbourne being killed?
Attacking innocent people only hurts their cause because it creates 10 fold the death at their end. When they attack, they attack financial interests or government interests. Attacks purely on innocent people always benefit the government, if the ripples aren't felt throughout the world, it means nothing.
A western attack opens them up to exposure, they wouldn't risk blowing their cover to kill 50 people that will be forgotten about not long after anyway with little else happening that can't be repaired or rebuilt. If a real organisation as organised as Al-Qaeda is meant to exist, they would be saving themselves up for 1 massive attack, not a bunch of small ones which just make it harder for them next time as more laws and scrutiny is directed at them. Those small ones usually help the governments legally bring in new laws which will be needed to help control and restrict the public when things get tough during the energy crisis. We all know poverty and desperation cause violence and revolution, a boogyman that makes it legal to remove a populations rights before this time is a very smart way of continuing the vision of a 'New World Order'.

They recently just got Sydney's underground rail completely CAD'ed out to make a 3D similuation of it for 'emergency management' exercises. If they do a repeat of the London Bombings in Sydney while everyone is focused on Melbourne, i for one won't be surprised.

The remarks of some fruitcake American Al-qaeda, wouldn't change the resources being allocated around Australia one iota. LOL, it's not as though ASIO et al are going to flood Melbourne with agents now.

This guy is full of hot air, everyone knows it, all the terrorist analysts have said he's full of hot air - but not little Johnny Howard, oh no, he told everyone in America that it "underlines" the need for more drastic anti-freedom laws in Australia (thou he calls them anti-terror laws so we all picture Arab people being affected and not us).

When Melb is hosting the games next year, Sydney will be opened up, so will Canberra because Melbourne WILL be flooded with security.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Today there was an explosion in a House in my city - nobody was dead.

The reason?

Gas Leak.

Imagine what kind of HAVOC that kind of News would start in the USA?

Think about it....

Power goes out in LA. Life goes on! Did the USA panic? Not hardly. Was there havoc? Well I know some people got pretty pissed off cause they were stuck in traffic. Americans are not cowering in fear, we will never cower in fear and there is nothing that you or anyone else can do that will make us fearful. Sorry, but all the tapes and warning in the world will not do anything but give cable news something to talk about on thier 24/7 format, damn they gotta talk about something. Take it somewhere else, because nobody here is buying it. Think about that.....

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Originally posted by rogue1

I don't agree with that. Professional terrorism attacks global interests. Who in America will give a rats ass about 50 people in Melbourne being killed?

Hmm, well who in America cared about the train bombings in Madrid and London, quite a few I'd imagine. Even if no one cared, the citizens of that country do. While the primary target of these terrorists is America they'll attack other countries ifthey think it'll further their cause. Australia's loud international support of the Iraq war and other things makes us a target, like it or not.

Attacking innocent people only hurts their cause because it creates 10 fold the death at their end. When they attack, they attack financial interests or government interests. Attacks purely on innocent people always benefit the government, if the ripples aren't felt throughout the world, it means nothing.
A western attack opens them up to exposure, they wouldn't risk blowing their cover to kill 50 people that will be forgotten about not long after anyway with little else happening that can't be repaired or rebuilt.

As above. They have and will continue to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join