It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tape threatens attacks on Los Angeles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A videotape televised on Sunday purportedly from a U.S.-member of al Qaeda threatened Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia, on the fourth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

ABC News said it had received the video in Pakistan. It reported the masked speaker appears to be Adam Gadahn, from southern California, who threatens attacks on the two cities, "Allah willing," and warns that the attackers will show no compassion.

"Yesterday, London and Madrid. Tomorrow, Los Angeles and Melbourne," he said.

"We love peace, but peace on our terms," the speaker said.

Gadahn was believed to have been the young American who appeared in another threatening tape about year ago.

ABC said the young man apparently converted to Islam at an Orange County, California, mosque as a teen-ager.

Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton told ABC News his city has "very robust counter terrorism" steps in place and was already on a heightened state of alert because of next month's Jewish holidays.

Source:
Reuters

So said by Adam Gadahn’s, Extremist American Imam.

From Wikipedia:

On May 26, 2004, he was listed along with six others by United States Attorney General John Ashcroft when he announced that Al Qaeda members were planning a terrorist attack during the summer or fall of 2004. The attack, purportedly designed to affect the US presidential election, never materialized. Gadahn's name was the only new name released by Ashcroft in this warning; the others; Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, Amer El-Maati, Aafia Siddiqui, Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, Abderraouf Jdey, and Adnan Gulshair El Shukrijumah had all been on FBI wanted lists for some time.

Adam Gadahn's grandfather was a prominent Jewish surgeon named Pearlman but Gadahn's father converted to Christianity and changed his name to "Gadahn", derived from the name of the Biblical figure "Gideon". The Gadahn family raised goats on a farm in Riverside County, California and butchered the goats in accordance with halal food requirements for sale to Muslim groceries. As a teenager, Adam was fond of heavy metal music and later briefly sought spiritual guidance from evangelical Christian radio stations before converting to Islam. In 1995, Adam Gadahn posted an essay to the USC website describing his conversion to Islam, entitled "Becoming a Muslim."

He apparently aleady made a Video like this one - under the name of Azzam the American

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
BS.

I think we should just concentrate on the" hurcane" and what we know to be real.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
BS.

I think we should just concentrate on the" hurcane" and what we know to be real.

It's probably the Date that encouraged him to release this tape today.

Fear is a Mindkiller.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
security should be extremely high everywhere over the country today and the week ahead if the government of the US is doing their job, threats are just that, threats....words used to try to incite fear.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What I cannot understand is why Melbourne? Although Australia has been referred to in Al Qaeda videos in the past, it is usually in a broad sense due to our military involvement in East Timor, Afghanistan or Iraq.

Furthermore, why not Sydney? Not to take anything away from Melbourne, it's just that Sydney is typically the only major Australian city that foreigners are aware of. It all just seems a little too specific and although I am confident that it is probably just an attempt to capitalise on the anniversary of 9/11, it does remind Australians that the threat of terrorist attack is not limited to our allies.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think it's just more scaremongering...like that October Surprise videotape last fall. And a lot of people were very sure that we would be under martial law in November and bye-bye elections, hello Emperor Dubya.

I still voted Constitution Party.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
It all just seems a little too specific and although I am confident that it is probably just an attempt to capitalise on the anniversary of 9/11, it does remind Australians that the threat of terrorist attack is not limited to our allies.

You are Probably Right.

But the Question here is:

Who gains MORE from that "Capitalisation" that the Current US Goverment?

Makes you think who actually made this Videos in the First Place....

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
It's probably the Date that encouraged him to release this tape today.

Fear is a Mindkiller.

I was thinking the exact same thing, its too coincidental.
Everybody is thinking about the terror attacks today, so it's a perfect opportunity to remind people of the 'danger', this makes me sick

I'm sure tomorrow Bush's approval rating has climed to over 50% again

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Personally I'm sick and tired of all these stupid audio and video tapes. It sounds like something out of a B movie and is less entertaining.

And of course Bush's approval rating has gone down pretty recently--what's it now, at about 38%?

The really sad part is, over a third of the American people actually buy into Bush's nonsense....

[edit on 9/11/2005 by Amethyst]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystThe really sad part is, over a third of the American people actually buy into Bush's nonsense....

Well, speaking for myself, I do not think that most Australians really consider us a terrorist target. Even following the Bali bombings and the attacks on our embassy in Indonesia, most people I talk to simply do not believe that Australia itself will be attacked.

Even though Australia is a prominent member of the Coalition and contributed significant forces to Afghanistan, Iraq and led the UN forces in East Timor, I still think that, in the minds of terrorists, greater targets exist. Surely countries such as the United States, Israel and Italy are higher on their hit list than Australia.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Originally posted by AmethystThe really sad part is, over a third of the American people actually buy into Bush's nonsense....

Well, speaking for myself, I do not think that most Australians really consider us a terrorist target. Even following the Bali bombings and the attacks on our embassy in Indonesia, most people I talk to simply do not believe that Australia itself will be attacked.

I would tend to agree there.

I have friends in Cromer, NSW. I don't think anything would happen over your way, and I sure hope it doesn't.

As far as Los Angeles...geologists say that area's long overdue for an earthquake. If they have a high-magnitude quake over there--along the San Andreas fault line--bye-bye West Coast.

(Why do people live there knowing this?)

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Probally because they can ignore it till it happens if it ever does. On the subject i think the tape is just another reminder video to remind us that terrorists are plotting against us and that we should be in fear of this so.. then bushs approval rating will go up. Though seriously i think the video is bs and its just a reminder telling us that they still exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Number ONE! If I were at war with some entity, I wouldnt telegram my intentions. This and all other "WARNINGS" are only meant to insigt fear. I strongly suspect who is behind these warnings.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Does anyone know where this guy is? Is he still walking around in America?
I know that he was originally from Orange County.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As far as Los Angeles...geologists say that area's long overdue for an earthquake. If they have a high-magnitude quake over there--along the San Andreas fault line--bye-bye West Coast.

(Why do people live there knowing this?)

And where else would u have me live. Florida or gulf coast and get wiped out by a hurricane. the midwest and get wiped out by a tornado. the east coast or the north and get wiped out by a blizzard? Its because this is where i was born and raised. Why do u still live where you live knowing the crime/natural disasters/crazy stuff that happen there. Because its your home and birthplace maybe? Along those same lines, why would people live in a bowl below sea level in hurricane country.....CUZ ITS THERE HOME. Mother nature and natural disasters know no boundaries. Let me know where you think us "west coasters" will be safe cuz i dont think there is such a place.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Blizzard never really wipes us out just temporarly shuts things down.. idk where would be safe though every place has its natural diaster problems i mean where i live ive not seen anything really horrible happen but im probally jinxing eastern pa by saying this but there are some places that seem to never get anything really bad.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Great Lakes region is a good place to live. The tornadoes are more out in the plains. At least a tornado is a lot less destructive than a hurricane--or an earthquake that could put the whole West Coast into the Pacific.

I've lived in Michigan and Ohio. Four seasons, not too many tornadoes, maybe a severe thunderstorm here and there....

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Those who think that Michigan never has hurricane type storms are quite wrong. When I was in 8th grade (a long time ago) we had a hurricane type storm with winds up to 100 mph that hit Wayne and Oakland County. There was major storm damage all around - with tornadoes out to Lenawee, I believe.

Also, we have had several 'cluster tornadoes' over the years. And we have flooding. It is even possible - though not likely - to have a tsunami like event from one of the Great Lakes. Our blizzards can be vicious - when they occur. If the New Madrid fault in St. Louis were to have an 8 or 9 - we could get up to a 6 from the network of connected faults. (Yes, on occasion, we have tremors here.)

So, no matter where you live, you take a risk.

Regards!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
LOL Thats a myth guys Cali will never fall into the ocean, Well 50 million years since it moves about 2 Inches a year, Now a major earth quake would cause liqufication on certain coastal area, but not into the sea, LOL

www.consrv.ca.gov...

www.straightdope.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

LOL people kill me

Sorry to go off topic, Now back to topic

[edit on 11-9-2005 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes (yawns) indeed, I'm just sittin' here quakin in my boots.

All these idiots are good for is blah, blah, blah. And an occasional laugh.

The're mindless idiots who think people really are scared of them everytime they speak.

It's easy to make a tape when you're just a scared little rabbit in his hidey hole. Not much work or brains involved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join