It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Defence Minister to Announce that UFO's are Real

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I found this quite interesting.

Paul Hellyer has been a Liberal and a Conservative, has run for the leadership of both parties and founded two more, and will announce this month that he believes UFOs exist.

Yes, indeed, the 82-year-old former defence minister in Lester Pearson's government is to address the Exopolitics Toronto Symposium on UFO Disclosure and Planetary Directions at U of T's Convocation Hall on Sept. 25.

"My role is really to say publicly for the first time that I believe that what we call unidentified flying objects are real," he said, ". . . and that people should know more about them and some of the implications of the fact they exist and that they've been observing our planet for more than half a century now."

Yesterday, he said he has never seen a UFO and he had remained unconvinced of their existence until quite recently. In fact, as defence minister (he is known for controversially unifying the forces), Mr. Hellyer said, he received reports of UFO sightings but didn't pay much attention to them.

Lately, however, his reading on the subject and other evidence has him convinced they do exist. And he says this has policy implications for governments but will not reveal what he thinks they are.

Source: Globe and Mail

If anyone is in the Toronto area, this would be a great place to go to. It would make for an excellent report, as sadly I doubt there will be much press coverage of this as they will think its just some alien nuts.

Get tickets here:

www.exopoliticstoronto.com...
www.uofttix.ca...

A Symposium on UFO Disclosure and Planetary Directions
Sunday September 25, 2005 - 9:30am to 3:45pm
Convocation Hall - University of Toronto

Mr. Hellyer will address the Symposium's theme: Why information concerning Extraterrestrial-related phenomena and government involvement with these issues is still being withheld from the public by specific western nations.

PR Release and more info here

Paul Hellyer Info

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.canadianactionparty.ca...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"Why information concerning Extraterrestrial-related phenomena and government involvement with these issues is still being withheld from the public by specific western nations."

That's rather simple to explain. I would imagine our government has done many things with aliens that if they told the public, they'd be over thrown and people would rid of all of them. I'm talking about the un-humane genetics expiriments and cattle mutilations.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Finally I see a useful post out of the many(not all) that I see on this board that bring no progress or push in this field. I was getting ready to make a post and ask everyone..."dont you get board of this?" because I was getting board of seeing no progress, which is why I stopped looking into conspiracies a long time ago. I hope this goes big since we got a former govt. official from a 1st world country who will admit the existence of E.T.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"My role is really to say publicly for the first time that I BELIEVE that what we call unidentified flying objects are real," he said, ". . . and that people should know more about them and some of the implications of the fact they exist and that they've been observing our planet for more than half a century now."

So he's not stating they're real. He's stating his BELIEF that they are real.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In that same paragraph he says "the fact they exist and that they've been observing our planet for more than half a century now."

Either statement is not something easily backed up.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
But he had already stated that that was his belief. He believes that they are real, and that they have been here observing our planet for a half century or more.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What if the so called aliens have threatened the governments of the world to not tell a soul or they will most definately be dealt with in the harshest of ways. Maybe our governments may be protecting us from something we really dont want to know anything about.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I say just let the lid off and lets see what we are facing, it would certainly make everybody on this planet stand & think for once, the world needs a wake up call/ a reality check for better or for worse.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If anyone is willing to try, you might be able to ask this man some questions for ATS.

Journalists and other media representatives who wish to learn more about Paul Hellyer's participation are invited to contact the symposium's Media Director, Victor Viggiani, for pre-conference press interviews, press passes or questions.

Here is the contact info

www.exopoliticstoronto.com...

Its a long shot, but you may be able to squeeze in some questions.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What exactly is the big to do about again? He's basically some guy stating his feelings about. Doesnt mean its true however.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
"the 82-year-old........said he has never seen a UFO and he had remained unconvinced of their existence until quite recently"

To me, an indication of less than credible. Depends on how and what you read.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
UFO Disclousure and....... Planetary Directions o_0

This should be interesting... if he really has the facts.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well first off the guy is 82 years old and not getting younger as the days pass. Do you think his goverment is gonna take his policy changes seriously what so ever? Rather then write it off as the whims of an old man on his last leg? Not too mention lets suppose he drops a bombshell, which opens a floodgate. Do you suppose the US is gonna just stand there and let it go or are they gonna do everything in their power to shut him up and pressure them to reverse course away from it?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Unfortunately the article and quotes by themsleves don't sound like much. If he hasn't seen UFO's and has only been recently convinced of their existance, take pause. Reading more into than that may lead to allot of dissapointed faithful. I imagine he has official documents detailing government contingency plans and procedures relating to UFO's. I would have been much more impressed if he was coming clean with his dealings of UFO incidents and accounts while serving in government. For those reasons I wouldn't put your hopes up too high.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
Well first off the guy is 82 years old and not getting younger as the days pass. Do you think his goverment is gonna take his policy changes seriously what so ever? Rather then write it off as the whims of an old man on his last leg? Not too mention lets suppose he drops a bombshell, which opens a floodgate. Do you suppose the US is gonna just stand there and let it go or are they gonna do everything in their power to shut him up and pressure them to reverse course away from it?

If you read anything I posted you would find this is a canadian matter.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Originally posted by Whompa1

If you read anything I posted you would find this is a canadian matter.

Really??? Ya I figured that out by reading the article dulcimer. The whole statement is about the US goverment putting pressure on the canadian goverment to shut this old fart up.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Great find and thanks for that post Dulcimer..well done.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is not exciting at all.
It's just another guy stating his belief.
Now if he was to come forward with some government documents on U.F.O.s to try and bring light onto the subject, that would be something.

[edit on 9/4/2005 by Logical_Psycho]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Gotta love the Aliens & UFO's section.

*note to self* Dont post here anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ah I caved in and decided to update this flop of a thread.

Edmonton Sun

He says he believes American scientists have re-engineered alien wreckage from a supposed UFO crash at Roswell, New Mecixo, in 1947 to produce modern technical marvels.

"I believe that UFOs are real," he said in a recent interview. "I'll talk about that a little bit and a bit about the fantastic coverup of the United States government and also a little bit of the fallout from the wreckage - by that I mean the material discoveries we have made and how they've been applied to our technology."

Related Reading

Macleans
Brandon Sun
London Free Press
Canoe.ca

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join