It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West...what a comment whoa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
damn....i cant believe what he sed lol.....check out what he says like 3/4 through the clip right after mike myers stops talkin.... they cut him off as soon as he sed it. u coudl tell he was reading the telepromter till he sed that. man watch mike myers and chris tuckers reaction.......

www.pixelmd.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What did he say? No sound at work but I saw Chris Tucker and Mike Myers look somewhat unconfortable....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
lol its been on cnn alot tonight

"george bush does not care about black people..."*cut off*

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
roflmao......I can't believe he said that.

The look on Chris Tuckers face is priceless. It must have really stunned Chris Tucker cause it seems like he was at a loss for words.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how quickly did they cut him off?

well......... someone's said what a lot of people have been thinking quietly.....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
He might have been reading from a teleprompter, if he was his mind was elsewhere. It was a pretty bad piece of public speaking, but he obviously had other things on his mind. At least he had the balls to say what he did.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Once again the blacks want to play the race card again
but when it comes to all the pillaging, raping, shooting and murders that has nothing to do with them being black right?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
but when it comes to all the pillaging, raping, shooting and murders that has nothing to do with them being black right?

When I dont think someone checks the color of their skin and says 'Hey, I'm black...that must mean I can pillage, rape, shoot and murder!'.

Edit: Just watched the clip, everything Kayne said was adlib. It would have been more meaningful if he were a little more articulate.

[edit on 9/3/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Edit: Just watched the clip, everything Kayne said was adlib. It would have been more meaningful if he were a little more articulate.
[edit on 9/3/2005 by Simulacra]

Well it's not like he worked it all out first on paper with time to spare for proof reading and grammer checking. The disclaimer that came up when I saw it said he didn't read the scripted statements that he was supposed to read. Usually when someone speaks from an emotional side, especially improv, it comes out sounding a bit rough around the edges. Those rough edges do cut through the B.S. and get the point across though, there is no denying that.

Plus if you listen to what he said, it sounds as if he had a bit of a wake up call himself. Realizing, while out shopping for himself, that so many people were suffering and being ignored like a bunch of animals, he had a moment which humbled him as well. It sounds like he is determined to try and make up for it as well.

I think some people are missing what is really being said though. He's not saying it's "White's vs. Blacks" but "Big Boss White Elite (Bush) vs. The Poor". The majority of the poor, especially in Louisiana, which BTW still hasn't progressed much in race equallity since the 60's, is Black.

The important thing here is to realize that there is some agenda, be it media or whatever, that is trying to spin this into a race war between people of this country, which I believe is being done to pit the populous against themselves in order to take the heat off those who are really to blame for this obvious (dare I say deliberate) circle jerk of a Relief Effort. This goes beyond simple mismanagement and right into total and complete incompetence and failure of our entire Homeland Security, FEMA and practically every department of our Government that has anything to do with Management & Security of this Country and it's People.

Excuses of any kind that these so called Leaders and Elected Officials produce only prove the case for thier dismissal IMO. All I have to say to them is "You've had multiple chances to show that you're capable of doing what is required of you. Once again you have failed beyond all imagination. You've embarrassed and shamed this entire Country and it's people as well as abandoned those who YOU SWORE TO SERVE. You're All Fired so get the f**k out of here before you screw anything else up and make sure the door hits you in the ass on the way out!!!"

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I can believe he said it, I also can believe its true.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I can believe he said it. Who is Kanye West? A rapper...nuff said...no further comment needed.

The same people who are relying on federal help are in that position because they relied on federal help. What goes around comes around.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
? A rapper...nuff said...no further comment needed.

The same people who are relying on federal help are in that position because they relied on federal help.

Rappers are not people?
Sorry you are white or what ever you are and never had a hardship.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Kanye West = Dixie Chicks

That is why you saw that shock from Mike Myers and Chris Tucker. They just saw a major artist commit career suicide right before their eyes.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Kanye West = Dixie Chicks

That is why you saw that shock from Mike Myers and Chris Tucker. They just saw a major artist commit career suicide right before their eyes.

The reason they where stunned, is because they dont have the balls to say the truth.

I want to know what you ment about "rappers nuff said." You are boardering very close to baiting and being a racist.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

[edit on 3-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I want to know what you ment about "rappers nuff said." You are boardering very close to baiting and being a racist.

Who cares. Kayne West is a tool anyway. The same guy who made 'Diamonds from Sierra Leone' has reported that he spent $120,000 on diamonds and other jewlery himself. If he's socially conscious, then I'm flipping Gandhi.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Thats a bit of an assumption, isn't it? I take it your black then? Do black people have a monopoly on suffering? Just because someone is white, doesn't automatically make them rich, living in the suburbs with 2.4 children and 2 cars, does it?

Your comment could be construed as racist itself, in fact.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Who cares. Kayne West is a tool anyway. The same guy who made 'Diamonds from Sierra Leone' has reported that he spent $120,000 on diamonds and other jewlery himself. If he's socially conscious, then I'm flipping Gandhi.

Its his money, I care because it was very rude an I want to know what he is implying.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Reguardless of what Bush thinks about blacks, no one is making the people in NO do the things they are doing. They chose to rape, they chose to loot, they chose to fire their weapons (not only at the military, but also their fellow surviors). I'm sure ALL the people behaving this way aren't black. But I bet the ones behaving this way stayed in the city on purpose when the huricane was on it's way. They wanted to loot and kill. I don't remeber hearing about this type thing going on in Miss. or Alabama. This is the criminal element that was already in NO that saw an opportunity and took it. Now the poor and elderly that couldn't get out of town are having to suffer because these few want do go nuts.

I don't know how Bush feels about the black man, but dragging his feet like this is inexcusable. I just hate to see this turn into a black/white thing. But the media is doing it's best to see that happen. I've seen a ton of pictures of suffering people and police in riot gear. But have you seen one picture of someone being handed food or water? One picture of someone being helped onto a bus? I haven't. And it isn't because that isn't happening either. It may not be happening as fast as it should, but it's happening. But that doesn't stir the pot, that doesn't feed the racial anger. Video of black people breaking crap makes white racists mad, video of blacks suffering and seemingly forgoten my "the man" makes blacks mad (it should makes whites mad too if their hearts are right). And that's what the media's been showing us. Just fanning the flames of racism. Sometimes I hate this country. I grew up in TN so I lived around a lot of racists, some in my own family no less. I'm getting together with some friends to watch football today (GO VOLS!) and I can already here the rasist comments in my head that will be coming from some of the people there. Almost all of my close friends I would say are not racist, but this being the first game of the season, there will be a lot of people there, so there will be some stupid comments made after the beer begins to flow.

Sorry kinda got off on a tangent there. I guess I was trying to say that from a southern crackers perspective this is bad, and the medias making it MUCH worse. I'm not a big fan of Kanye (I've heard some audio from him in the past that makes me think he's way too full of himself), and while I can understand why he feels the way he feels, his comments didn't help the situation. It just served to drive the wedge deeper. But then again, if no one speaks up...

I use to think that rasism from the government was a creation of the "lazy black man", but the more I see from this life, I just don't know any more. I can't image having to live as a black man here in the south. As bad as I think it is, it's probably much worse.

P.S. - Sorry that post is all over the place...just woke up...

[edit on 9/3/2005 by yadboy]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Thats a bit of an assumption, isn't it? I take it your black then? Do black people have a monopoly on suffering? Just because someone is white, doesn't automatically make them rich, living in the suburbs with 2.4 children and 2 cars, does it?

Im white, I just understand what they are going through, I can feel thier strugle, if you havent been in thier postion, dont judge.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Its his money, I care because it was very rude an I want to know what he is implying.

Probably the fact that rappers are known for being outspoken, loud mouths who do not think before they spout off.

It might well have been an accurate statement, but it could have been more tactfully and not on a TV broadcast appealing for aid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join