It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West...what a comment whoa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Its his money, I care because it was very rude an I want to know what he is implying.

Probably the fact that rappers are known for being outspoken, loud mouths who do not think before they spout off.

It might well have been an accurate statement, but it could have been more tactfully and not on a TV broadcast appealing for aid.

I agree, wheather or not it was a valid statement it was bad timing. He should have at least though about what he wanted to say before spouting off. He came across bad I thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This clearly is a very sensitive topic but my view is that they should stop toying with politics and sort it out america is a super power for god sake

and its my view that bush either is too proud to let other countires help america
or he cant see it worth while aiding these people

and about the race issue if he is racist why is there excuse the spelling (im not american) condoleeza rize on his administration.

And i agree with the fact that some rappers have double standards they talk about being opressed yet they decide to put racial slur into their songs i mean what the hell!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain

and about the race issue if he is racist why is there excuse the spelling (im not american) condoleeza rize on his administration.

She is clearly white.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I can believe he said it. Who is Kanye West? A rapper...nuff said

Who are you? A car salesman...nuff said.

See? Of course you don't.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

She is clearly white.

She is pretty white for a black woman.
Now if she was like Florida Evens (Good Times)

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
yes were going slightly off track now

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Its a good break in the intensity. Its all good.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

She is (to steal from South Park) Token Black.

How many other blacks occupy high positions within the Admin? Does it accurately portray modern america? Nope. Most of the Admin is rich, white men....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I was going to go there, I figured I would let someone else.

link   

Originally posted by cargo

Originally posted by Carseller4
I can believe he said it. Who is Kanye West? A rapper...nuff said

Who are you? A car salesman...nuff said.

See? Of course you don't.

No kidding! It someone wanted to pay me to wear bling and hang out by the pool with bootie shakers, I'd be all up in dat!

But seriously, there are a lot of rappers out there who are just saying what need to be said. Sure some of it's crap, but some of any musical genre is crap. Not sure where Kanye fits in, never heard his stuff. I'm old school, NWA, Ice Cube, Kool Moe Dee & Public Enemy. Not really too crazy about the rap out now. I mean come on "Go ta sleep hoe, Go ta sleep hoe, if you tried be quiet and go ta sleep hoe..." What's that all about

link   

Its a good break in the intensity. Its all good.

ok, so yeah it seems to be more of a problem race over there than it is over here in england i live in the country and i can say it has never really been an issue its only when you get into built up areas when it starts there seems to be a correlation maybe it because there are more people to interact with

i really dont know but i think g w is many things but i dont think hes racist

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Frankly Kanye is a weirdo, but I respect him for being a man and speaking up for his people.

He has some stupid raps, his biggest hit was about a year ago the jesus song, i forget the name.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

How many other blacks occupy high positions within the Admin? Does it accurately portray modern america? Nope. Most of the Admin is rich, white men....

I had to explain to my wife the other day what's so funny about the black kid on South Park being named Token. She had never heard that term before. Of course she is like 12 years younger than me.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

ok, so yeah it seems to be more of a problem race over there than it is over here in england i live in the country and i can say it has never really been an issue its only when you get into built up areas when it starts there seems to be a correlation maybe it because there are more people to interact with

Excuse me for being ignorate, but did your people keep blacks as slaves? Then give them freedom only to feed them aids and crack?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Frankly Kanye is a weirdo, but I respect him for being a man and speaking up for his people.

He has some stupid raps, his biggest hit was about a year ago the jesus song, i forget the name.

Yeah, Mancow plays that sometimes. Guess I have heard something from Kanye after all.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Excuse me for being ignorate, but did your people keep blacks as slaves? Then give them freedom only to feed them aids and crack?

Excuse me for being rude, but....What the clucking bell are you on about?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Civilized society erodes quickly after such a catastrophe. Black or white, it all comes down to anarchy. As far as some celebrity politicizing on TV, oh well, where were they when Katrina was deemed a catastrophe? I love it when people of fame wallow in hindsight...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Understand that NO was 65% minority, 25% of them where in poverty.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbreid
Civilized society erodes quickly after such a catastrophe. Black or white, it all comes down to anarchy. As far as some celebrity politicizing on TV, oh well, where were they when Katrina was deemed a catastrophe? I love it when people of fame wallow in hindsight...

I don't see how this is in hindsight. Agree with him or not he's addressing an ongoing situation.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Excuse me for being rude, but....What the clucking bell are you on about?

yeh you say my people but it happened in america too with the kkk you know cant we bring ourselves to get past this

if luther king was alive today he would really disaprove of this kept being mentioned it should be remembered but keep bringing it up it going to cause more tention

and i dont see where aids or crack come into this

[edit on 3-9-2005 by klain]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join