It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold On To Your Hats! Masonic Symbols Found At Temple Mount

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
When Israeli archaeologist Gabriel Barkai and his assistant Tzachi Zweig began the painstaking task of sifting through mounds of Temple Mount rubble, they hoped to find artifacts dating from the period of the First or Second Temple.

They never dreamed of finding a mysterious artifact that looks like something straight out of the world of controversial theories propounded by "The Da Vinci Code."

Dan Brown's blockbuster novel from 2003, which has sold more than 36 million copies, identifies the Temple Mount as the site holding the secret of the Holy Grail - the chalice which, according to Christian tradition, was used at the last supper and in which Jesus' blood was collected at the Crucifixion.

Brown's best-seller claimed the secret that lay buried among the ruins of Herod's temple was rediscovered by the Knights Templar several years after the conquest of Jerusalem in the First Crusade (1099 C.E.).

Barkai and Zweig discovered in the rubble a cross-shaped bronze pendant measuring a square centimeter. The pendant, which was originally gold-plated, bears mysterious symbols: on one side are a hammer, pincers and nails; the flip side has what looks like a sun, as well as an altar. But the main symbol, which immediately grabs the attention, is the Holy Grail lying on a crown of thorns.

FULL STORY HERE: www.haaretzdaily.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Kinda hard to take an article or researcher who cites the davinci code as their primary source seriously

Barkai and Zweig discovered in the rubble a cross-shaped bronze pendant measuring a square centimeter. The pendant, which was originally gold-plated, bears mysterious symbols: on one side are a hammer, pincers and nails; the flip side has what looks like a sun, as well as an altar. But the main symbol, which immediately grabs the attention, is the Holy Grail lying on a crown of thorns

How is this masonic?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It would be really cool if they found masonic symbols on the temple mount, but a holy grail on a crown of thorns is not a masonic symbol.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Barkai and Zweig discovered in the rubble a cross-shaped bronze pendant measuring a square centimeter. The pendant, which was originally gold-plated, bears mysterious symbols: on one side are a hammer, pincers and nails; the flip side has what looks like a sun, as well as an altar. But the main symbol, which immediately grabs the attention, is the Holy Grail lying on a crown of thorns

How is this masonic?

It's not. The only thing remotely masonic about it COULD BE the sun and the altar, but that depends on what kind of altar, etc. In any case, even that would only be remotely masonic, not decidedly so.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Haaretz is usually a pretty reputable paper, but when I see a statement like:

Zweig could not locate an expert on Masonic symbols in Israel, so he contacted Prof. Andrew Prescott, director of the new Centre for Research into Freemasonry at the University of Sheffield.

I have to wonder... here is a list of a whole host of Freemasons in Israel (some 33rd degrees too):
www.freemasonry.org.il...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I dont think it was masonic at all.

dh

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ordo ab Chao features well here JustMe
www.freemasonry.org.il...

How well this describes the policy of the state of Israel as well as the machinations of the US Government and those well-hidden secret society backers

The chaos being created in the world, especially at this time the extreme terror spread over the Louisiana/Mississippi areas reflects the Masonic intent and the big clampdown

[edit on 4-9-2005 by dh]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i also fail to see the masonic implications here...

is anyone ever going to find concrete evidence for anything?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
what a nice quote...

To cite or refer to for illustration or proof.

a square centimeter? i'm from scandinavia and that measurement seems friggin small... disappointing actually!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh
The chaos being created in the world, especially at this time the extreme terror spread over the Louisiana/Mississippi areas reflects the Masonic intent and the big clampdown

Can you please explain this "masonic intent"?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would have to agree that the symbols metions are not common to Freemasonry. Is there a picture of the item any where on the net?

dh

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by dh

Can you please explain this "masonic intent"?

On the subject of the thread I agree that we cannot really comment on the article without pictures of what was found
And given Temple Mount's important position in the globalist's plan it's important

On the point of masonic intent, I was just interested in looking over the website to find the Ordo ab Chao epithet in such striking lettering on the 33 degree page

Because that is the way the geopolitical system works

Sharon's Israel constantly runs on the principal of create chaos, impose your wanted order as a response to it

In this Katrina scenario we see this happening on a massive scale which may yet prove a method of throwing the whole of the US into chaos and the globalists impose martial law order, on city after city that get out of hand as thousand upon thousand of people are deposited over various states and cities, overloading and straining resources.

Or it may well require one further major disaster

Ordo ab Chao - the principle is getting closer

Unless you've got a different interpretation for the motto, as, I believe a 32

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

I certainly do not interpret the quote the same way as you do. I am indeed a 32nd degree Freemason, and I am familiar with the Craft, its aims, goals, actions, purposes and inner-workings. Being familiar with its principles, I know that the meaning you have attributed to the quote does not apply to Freemasonry.

That being said, I have not studied the phrase enough to be able to give an accurate interpretation. I'll get back to you on that.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I thought that Masonic symbols were TAKEN from the temple mount to begin with. That's the whole point about masonic architecture - to rebuild the temple of Solomon. There should absolutely be a resemblance in symbolism. More like "Put Your Hats Back On! Masonic Symbols Found At Temple Mount"

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Sharon's Israel constantly runs on the principal of create chaos, impose your wanted order as a response to it

"Sharon's Israel" is creating Palestinean homicide bombers? Please. Off topic anyway.

dh

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Originally posted by dh

"Sharon's Israel" is creating Palestinean homicide bombers? Please. Off topic anyway.

There's no way to go with the topic due to lack of confirmatory visual evidence
It's only off-topic if one doesn't see a connection between the State of Israel/ freemasonry/ Temple Mount - perhaps one would consider the transfer of power from the Vatican to here if one believes that side of things/the controlling factors of life observed and experienced right now always in highly fear-producing and destructive ways - a world in the midst of actuallising histrionics/and simply Ordo ab Chao

What does that mean?
Perhaps an answer would be that the craft and the brotherhood would provide some Order in a world of chaos

However it would appear, to the conspiracist any way, to provide a directional code

Out of chaos create a certain Order

Off topic - well it could be interpeted as such, but pertinent to the whole topic I consider a certainty

P.S. I'd be interested to know the meaning of A.U.T.O.S.A.G

[edit on 6-9-2005 by dh]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

I think you conspiracy buffs are way too hung up on politics, to the point where you attempt to use masonic symbolism to interpret political events, where, of course, it doesn't belong. Masonry as an Institution has no cares about the politics of the profane world.

The Scottish Rite motto "Ordo ab Chao", is of course a mystic word rather than a political one. It alludes to the creation of the Universe.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare."

Does this mean "I feel/think that those near me conspire against me?" I have a limited Latin 101/102 comprehension (I got a B+ about 3 years ago). Sounds like a Caesar quote.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The Scottish Rite motto "Ordo ab Chao", is of course a mystic word rather than a political one. It alludes to the creation of the Universe.

Does freemasonry teach that the Universe was organized from unorganized matter, as opposed to created from nothing, or "Creatio ex nihil?" It would comply with the GAOTU title.

If so, that is HIGHLY illuminating... no pun intended about Illuminati, seriously. I only know two places where this is taught, and one of them is the now extinct Greek Theogony.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinitrotoluene
"Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare."

Does this mean "I feel/think that those near me conspire against me?" I have a limited Latin 101/102 comprehension (I got a B+ about 3 years ago). Sounds like a Caesar quote.

Close. It means "There are people in togas conspiring against me."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join