It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Shoot-to-kill orders for New Orleans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A short story item that is self explanatory. Basically battle hardened troops just back from Iraq are being sent to New Orleans with shoot to kill orders under martial law.

www.heraldsun.news.com.au
A DETACHMENT of 300 Arkansas National Guard troops have landed in anarchic New Orleans, with the authorisation to shoot and kill "hoodlums", Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco said.

"Three hundred of the Arkansas National Guard have landed in the city of New Orleans," Ms Blanco said.

"These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained, experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the streets.

"They have M-16s and they are locked and loaded.

"These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will."

Colonel Henry Whitehorn of the Louisiana State Police said that the law-and-order situation in the city was "bad".

However, he said anarchic conditions around the Superdome stadium and central business district where up to 20,000 refugees had been sheltering had been "stabilising".

But he admitted that a number of police officers, who had lost everything in flooding after Hurricane Katrina which roared ashore last Monday, had handed in their badges, unwilling to take the fight to looters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Troops will follow orders. And their orders are shoot to kill.

Three days...

In three days they manage to deploy plenty of firepower but little food and water?

I'm very worried about what this will lead to.

And I have to ask ... is race playing a part here? If this happened in Florida (where foreign aid was readily accepted after Andrew) would the response be the same?

Or is this just a massive failure of leadership?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
About damn time too. Anyone 'rescuing' a television from the floods should be shot on site. That will cut down the lawlessness some.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Man........

All I can say for this post is Bull#.

I have been watching NO local news on the internet and seeing what is going on there.... Its just plain crazy.

THis submission isnt bs.. so for the person who posted this I am not knocking you I am refering to the statements made there...

These people have been thru LITERAL HELL so to speak.

That Superdome was suppost to be a place of refuge and help, but from what I understand is the place is filling up with dead people, there is supossively 1 nurse in that area. There was one shipment of help there around sunset today and it was only for a few hundred people.. Not the 30,000 (or 60,000) people who are there..

I support the people who are looting for supllies.. for we have no right accusing these people of anything, cause we are not in this situation. we are sitting here behind our damn computers and talking about how stupid people are for taking diapers, formula, or whatever else. Wake up this isnt a situation these people shouldnt have been in, in the 1st place.. help and a plan should have been underway right after this....

Anyway to the person who posted this good post..
I have been thinking about this also.. is this some type of Population Control.

Its 80% black in NO and something like 30 or 35% poor people... Also the news is showing as being racist on this incident also.

[edit on 9/1/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am absolutely for this. Frankly there are animals roaming the streets of New Orleans. When these criminals fired on a rescue helicopter it became time to shoot to kill. Keep in mind these bottom feeders started looting the moment the wind let up. They were looting for the sake of looting. They are assaulting, looting and raping. There will be no great loss if any of these vermin get picked off by a member of the military.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

In three days they manage to deploy plenty of firepower but little food and water?

Makes ya wondah, don' it?

Good catch Gools.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
People who are "looting" food to feed themselves and their families are welcome to it the food is going to spoil anyway and I would steal food to feed my beloved wife and children if there was no other way to do so GUARENTEED.

People (I use this term very lightly here) who are stealing TVs and stereos need to be immediately put into forced labor gathering up supplies and carrying off the dead until we can get them into court and try them.

ANIMALS who are shooting at the rescue workers need to be introduced to the USNavy S.E.A.L. Team hit squad which I imagine they will be before the week is out.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

A DETACHMENT of 300 Arkansas National Guard troops have landed in anarchic New Orleans, with the authorisation to shoot and kill "hoodlums", Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco said.

"Three hundred of the Arkansas National Guard have landed in the city of New Orleans," Ms Blanco said.
"These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained, experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the streets.

"They have M-16s and they are locked and loaded.

"These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will."

Why do the aussies have better intel than our own government? If news can get out, then aid can get in.

Where was this press conference? I didn't catch it on tv. Why is this situation being polarized in this way when a few people took potshots at helio's? These people need aid.

Didn't hundreds of rescue missions occur in Vietnam against hails of groundfire? Why aren't Americans allowed to leave their jobs and assist with aid before other Americans are fired upon?

I see a curtain dropping here...

[edit on 1-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just to show a lil something about the type of misjudgement is around here.

Reports Looting by Cops and Firemen

At the Times-Picayune Web site, Mike Perlstein and Brian Thevenot wrote that at a Wal-Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street, mass looting broke out after a giveaway of supplies was announced at that location. While some did indeed carry away food and essentials, others "cleared out jewelry racks and carted out computers, TVs, and appliances on handtrucks. Some officers joined in taking whatever they could, including one New Orleans cop who loaded a shopping cart with a compact computer and a 27-inch flat screen television.

"Throughout the store and parking lot, looters pushed carts and loaded trucks and vans alongside officers. One man said police directed him to Wal-Mart from Robert's Grocery, where a similar scene was taking place. A crowd in the electronics section said one officer broke the glass DVD case so people wouldn't cut themselves.

[edit on 9/1/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think they should have just let them loot because most of the products will be lost anyway...

why let them (goods and products) go to waste...

People would not have to worry about foods and other stuff...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just heard the Astrodome has been closed to refugees - they're out of food, cots, and maybe water. Several busloads full of people have been turned away already. But the Astrodome is nowhere near full.

No wonder the boys have shoot-to-kill orders. The desperate refugees might storm the Astrodome.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Seems to me the whole damn thing since the storm has been bizzare at best. Was there bad pre-planning? When one see's the people on the streets with no food, no water and showing no guns and waiving Help.. signs and there is no reply other than News copters - well perhap's there was no pre-plan in place?

I feel the proper word will be Helpless.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Before I saw this thread, I posted a similar one. I hope it is true.

Shoot to Kill - No Tolerance............

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Just heard the Astrodome has been closed to refugees - they're out of food, cots, and maybe water. Several busloads full of people have been turned away already. But the Astrodome is nowhere near full.

No wonder the boys have shoot-to-kill orders. The desperate refugees might storm the Astrodome.

Sofi... the Astrodome is in Houston, Texas...
No shoot to kill orders there.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
When the rioting begins out of sheer desperation and the shooting starts (outside the NO convention center for example), how will the rest of the country react?

Could the rioting spread?

[edit on 9/1/2005 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It was a joke springer - ie., storm the gates of power.

But true, I'm tired and don't which dome is which anyway. Still think it works tho - and the point is valid. Why shoot-to-kill hungry, frightened, thirsty Americans, in America? Except to protect the gates of power.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Funny. I just saw a live briefing featuring a Lt. General from the National Guard speaking from DHS that there was no martial law in effect in NO, and the troops were there simply to support the existing law enforcement effort, which has shifted to stopping the looting. He said there were no 'shoot to kill' orders in effect, just a concentration of effort on stopping the hardcore criminal element behind the widespread looting of non-survival related materials.

There is growing hysteria in the media and public right now, but as the relief efforts kick in and the rescue and evacuation operations ramp up, we will see headway soon. There are so many people trapped and over such a widespread area, completely cut off by the cesspool of unrelenting floodwaters, that the initial response was immediately overwhelmed.

There is a monumental task facing the rescue and relief effort. I'm not sure everyone realizes how difficult it is to bring resources to bear on that area right now, given the extrent of the devastation and destruction of infrastructure. Everything so far is being done by helicopter, with the bus evacuation to the Astroodome just beginning today. People are suffering terribly there, but help is on the way.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
It was a joke springer - ie., storm the gates of power.

But true, I'm tired and don't which dome is which anyway. Still think it works tho - and the point is valid. Why shoot-to-kill hungry, frightened, thirsty Americans, in America? Except to protect the gates of power.

Thats not the target, its the thugs that are robbing and raping and shooting at rescue personnel.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I imagine, friend Gools, that it could spread. New Orleans isn't the only place to be hit so hard and be in a bad ways. Other parts of the South are in similar straights. With awful gas prices and increasingly dire conditions in places like Mobile, I believe that rioting might spread to other hard-hit areas.

As for the officers who turned in their badges, I don't blame them. They're police, not soldiers. I don't begrudge the officers for the simple reason that there is basically mob rule. Not enough officers to go around, no guarantee of backup, probably not even enough food and water for themselves, much less their families.

DE

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I know people have long wanted the John Titor thing to die - so ignore this if you don't want to read it.

Waco-type event, anyone? Innocent people, US Troops, shooting them down?

Take a few hundred thousand people and destroy their homes, then shove guns in their faces and tell them they can loot for food, but they'll be shot at, or they can wait for aid, which is trickling in slower than you can believe.

Take the rest of America and jack their gas prices up $2 a litre.

Then what?

What next, on this crazy path? John Titor's civil war hasn't been ruled out yet. I doubt it'll happen, but just when I start thinking "Pft, just not going to happen" - the door swings back open. I don't want this to turn into a "HIS PHOTOS WERE FAKE, HE LIED" thing, - even if it's seperated from Titor, this kind of thing, the lax reaction from the President, the horrible conditions these people are facing, the steep rise in oil prices in recent months..

It's felt like we've been building towards something for a long time now - way back since the WTC, but it's been gaining and gaining, this last month has just seen hell come down, honestly, what next?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
now all you have to do to get away with murder in new orleans is drag someone over your property line after you kill them in cold blood and then claim they were trying to steal something from you.

what's to stop people from killing the neighbor they don't like or just killing indiscriminately for the hell of it? this applies equally to civilians as it does to our soldiers with their M16s.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join