It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just picked up a new H&K

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't own one but know several who do and they are still Jammomatics.

If you're looking for a good .380ACP in the size of the PPK/s, look no further than the Bersa Thunder. They can be had for $200 and have developed a superb reputation for reliability and performance in spite of being made by a second tier manufacturer. If you want the best .380ACP out there get the SiG P232.

If you want a good pocket .380 I am personally very fond of the P-3AT, but for high quality go with the NAA Guardian.

Plenty of superb 9mm pocket guns out there though.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sounds like the Sig P232 is my best bet, but who builds the P3AT ?
Banjo

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Kel-Tec CNC based in Florida, they should run you about $265 for a plain blue version.

The guns have had some reliability issues, but the newer models with the beefed up extractor have been getting 100% reliability every time.

Your SiG P232 is available in blue or stainless, they made a special version until recently that was stainless with night sights and Hogue finger groove grips - very nice, but probably not available new any longer. The blued version is a peach out of the box and will run you about $430.

If you are willing to consider a compact, single stack 9mm, try the SiG P239, it doesn't get much better and it's about the same size as the P232.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Actually I already carry a P239, and like it very much.
I was just hoping the P232 might be significantly smaller.
Banjo

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I hope no one minds me ressurecting this thread.

I was rather curious about your opinions about the 10mm round, it's one of THE most powerful magnum pistol rounds?! besides the .50AE ofcourse...

Anyway, fans of HK rejoice! the pistols are dropping in price rapidly!

As for glocks, I have never been a big fan of them, I held some replica version of them and...I somehow don't like the pistol grip and how the magazine sits in it.

Also, I hate the fact it's such a popular cop gun, I like less popular guns so I can be more unique (by no means bad guns though).

I see glocks as AR-15s (while I do have a better opinion about AR-15's), they are over used and generally over-priced, I still think glock's prices are a bit steep for such a simply pistol.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've heard nothing but good things about the 10mm. Depending on how hot it is, the recoil is apparently quite managible, and the ballistics are quite impressive. I haven't tried it out yet - namely because of where I live - but I hope to someday.

DE

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wow, this post actually got posted...oops...

Anyway, I made a new thread on the 10mm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join