It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just picked up a new H&K

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
A USP Compact stainless in 9mm with factory hi-caps.

Compared to my other pistols it's clearly of superior quality - except maybe my Beretta.

Anyone else have experience of Heckler & Koch weapons, they strike me as the best out there along with SiG Sauer.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'd love to share thoughts about these things like comparing weaponry but since
we do not accept any weapons in The Netherlands (even not BB-Guns or the ones
used for self defense using blanks). This kind of saddens me because guns are
really beautiful things to just look at. Big bummer for me but it is what it is.

Although nothing is legal here I do have a blank gun just for fun, it's
almost an USP replicate. I'll post a picture of it soon.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well here it is, as the original it's also made in Germany...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Leon Bokhove, you can own firearms, but you can only shoot it at the range and you need to practice for at LEAST 2 years before you are allowed to own one.

Blank firing guns (as long as they don't look like a real gun and has no barrel or a shortend plugged barrel) are completely legal, even in self defense.

as for BB-guns, you can't own Airsoft guns, but you can own non-realistic pistols, so no Gamo or Daisy guns that look like USP or Berreta.

Annyway, nice gun Winchester! I expect i'll be buying one in the future, i'll get a .40cal probably though.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Everyone here says it strictly against the rules what I'm keeping in my room (that gun)
with that comes that I'm not affiliated with any rifle association or anything similar,
neither do I have 2 years experience with guns/pistols shooting or even handling them.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Depends were you got it, if you got it in Germany or Belgium, it's illegal, if you got it here and had 2 years of experience you could have legally kept it.

But, Ironicly, if you ever need a gun in this country (i.e. self defense, war, etc) you are best off getting one illegally.

It's stupid beyond believe that we are supposed to rely on the police/army to protect us, the police has a response time of probably 15 minutes, and you are probably already dead if they arrive.

We need better self-defense laws here in this small and crowded country.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Since the pistol says 'Germany' I can suppose it was made there

And about the law, that is #ed up here. You have to wait about 15
minutes till something arrives, if you have to wait for a ambulance while
you are critically injured you can shake it down here. It just might take
about half an hour before medical personal arrives... About self-defense,
It pisses me off nothing is allowed here. Enough guns going off to consider
a law among weaponry, allot of people got something just like me or a BB-gun.
They all think they are though and stuff and show off with it, I just bought one
because I love to look and handle pistols and/or guns without even firing one.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That replica is a close approximation to a real USP stainless.

I went with 9mm because it's a lot more pleasant to shoot, more rounds in the magazine, cheaper to practice with, and the latest JHPs from Speer and Winchester offer terminal ballistics every bit as good as larger calibers.

.40 is just too "snappy" for me, I have a .40S&W Beretta 9000 and I hardly shoot the thing.

I've been meaning to pick up a Glock for a while now, but I always find something else to do with my $475

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
H&K's are nice, but the handle is too large for my hand. I LOVE my sig 226 (full sized 9mm) and 220 (full sized 45). I also have a S&W 5906-stainless, with trigger/action work.....

I am pleased to see someone proud of their fire arms insteed of people demonizing them.

Please practice and ALWAYS follow all safety rules!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have, during my 30 odd years service for my country, fired a tremendous amount of weapons, both foreign and domestic.

I started on the old .303 SMLE Lee Enfield and landed up on the LSW.

Along the way, I was privileged to fire the MG34 [LMG] and MG42 [SF], Vickers .303 [SF] and the Browning .50 HMG [SF].

Light machineguns - .303 Bren, 7.62 RPK, 7.62 LMG.

Machinepistole - L2A3 Sterling .9mm, MP40 and MP42/44 .9mm,
PpSh 7.62mm, H&K MP5A2 .9mm H&K MP5SD3 .9mm.

Pistols - Colt .45 APC, Berretta .45 and .9mm, Browning Hi Power .9mm.

Still want to get my hands on a 10 milly H&K MP10 or the 5.56mm belt fed MP53 Rifle.

In my opinion, for what it's worth, H&K are the best weapon manufacturers in the world - bar none.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I love the H&K 9mm, because it uses a full frame design, instead of the plastic half frame like the Baretta. The H&K fits my hand a lot better, and has a much better recoil absorbtion because of the heavier frame.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have an H&K .40 at work. Couldn't tell you which model to be honest, but I think it's great. Once you fire that first round, the rest just flow out like butter!

I'd like one for off duty but being as nice as they are, they are expensive.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The wife just recived her concelaed carry permit, so the USP is now on patrol. Carrying a loaded weapon on the street really does imbue you with an immense sense of responsibility, I find myself driving more considerately, being very polite with people and generally behaving like a model citizen.

I feel bad that my former English countrymen are denied that privilege, only the criminals there are well armed. Over here in the US, we sleep very well at night, but then again, we don't live in New Orleans

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ugh, nine mil. Nine mil makes babies cry and crooks survive.

I do a lot of wheelgun shooting, mostly .38 and .357 mag (snappy!) but I have wanted to get the USP in .40. How heavy is it? Bulky? I'm curious, I want my ATC in a few years, and I was wondering how good the USP was for a carry gun.

DE

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So 9mm is wimpy but the less powerful (and much lower capacity) .38 Special is ok, hmmmm

The USP compact is not particularly small when compared to other 9mm/.40 guns such as the Kahr, Rohrbaugh, Taurus PT series etc, but with the right rig pretty much anything is concelable. I wouldn't call it excessively heavy, it has a polymer frame which reduces weight significantly, and I find it carries "light" especially compared to something like a Makarov for example.

The P2000 and P2000SK are even smaller and lighter, or at least they "feel" lighter, and are another popular choice, they are also available in 9mm or .40S&W.

As for the caliber thing, there is nothing that a high quality 9mm can't do that a .40 can, it's also easier to shoot, cheaper to practice with and holds more rounds for the same size of gun. Rounds like the Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P (new NYPD carry load) and Winchester Ranger T 127gr +P+ (and 147gr) offer one shot stop percentages of better than 90% if you believe Marshall & Sanow, the absolute number one performing handgun load of any caliber (Remington 165gr Golden Saber in .40S&W) only gives you a 96% rating. Shot placement is the real key element here, and like I said before, everyone shoots 9mm better than .40.

Just one other thing, if you want a USP with a stainless slide (which is what we opted for), you had better be quick, H&K have stopped making them. Good luck !!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
So 9mm is wimpy but the less powerful (and much lower capacity) .38 Special is ok, hmmmm

Better for training, especially things like movement drills. Do a few runs through the exercise with .38s first. Also, capacity doesn't really enter the equation up here. Max handgun capacity is 10 rounds by federal mandate, and barrel length 4.1 inches minimum. Yes, POINT ONE!In addition, the provisions for concealed carry are draconian. Fortunately, I am entering a field where it is more acceptable. So, since I am buying my first gun after summer, I must inquire as to these things.

The USP compact is not particularly small when compared to other 9mm/.40 guns such as the Kahr, Rohrbaugh, Taurus PT series etc, but with the right rig pretty much anything is concelable. I wouldn't call it excessively heavy, it has a polymer frame which reduces weight significantly, and I find it carries "light" especially compared to something like a Makarov for example.

The P2000 and P2000SK are even smaller and lighter, or at least they "feel" lighter, and are another popular choice, they are also available in 9mm or .40S&W.

Since my choices for concealed carry are fairly limited, and compacts are almost entirely about of the question, I was wondering about this gun in particular. I've heard good things about it, especially since most guns up here are brick-sized or larger.

As for the caliber thing, there is nothing that a high quality 9mm can't do that a .40 can, it's also easier to shoot, cheaper to practice with and holds more rounds for the same size of gun. Rounds like the Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P (new NYPD carry load) and Winchester Ranger T 127gr +P+ (and 147gr) offer one shot stop percentages of better than 90% if you believe Marshall & Sanow, the absolute number one performing handgun load of any caliber (Remington 165gr Golden Saber in .40S&W) only gives you a 96% rating. Shot placement is the real key element here, and like I said before, everyone shoots 9mm better than .40.

1. Amount of rounds isn't an issue, it'll be ten no matter what....unless I opt for a wheelgun.

2. I don't believe in Marshall and Sanow. The FBI has prettymuch convinced me that the nine millimeter is useless is combat. With typical combat reactions to danger, shot placement isn't going to be great. So, the way I figure it, I can still hit COM, so I might as well knock big holes in it.

3. .40SW is extremely new, caliber wise. If 10mm was still a viable option, I'd try that. Right now, for a carry gun, I'm looking for .357mag/.45/.40 , since basically none of the 9mm's advantages apply anymore. With a little luck, people will realize their heresy and bring back 10mm

DE

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Just one other thing, if you want a USP with a stainless slide (which is what we opted for), you had better be quick, H&K have stopped making them. Good luck !!

Damn are you serious? That is one of the most good-looking guns there is....
What's the reason they stopped making the stainless slide version?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Good choice i own a glock26 and a 21C

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Not sure why H&K are dropping Stainless models. My guess would be that they are focussing on military/LE sales and those contracts do not specify Stainless slides - I agree it's a pity, it makes an otherwise unattractive gun really eye catching.

As for our Canadian friend, those are some tough restrictions, but hey it could be worse, you could live in the UK !

You may have been talking about local Canadian restrictions with which I am unfamiliar, but I can assure you that 10mm is alive and kicking and very popular in the US, check out the Glock 20, it would meet your 4.1 inch barrel length requirements and it's a 10mm, but boy is it big for concealed carry.

As for the FBI convincing you that 9mm is no good, the standard FBI test protocols reveal that many 9mm hollowpoints makes the grade, not the opposite. They went with the Glock 23 in .40S&W partly because of the Miami incident where a 9mm round killed a felon, but not before he killed several field agents. What everyone forgets is that the 115 grain 9mm Silvertip that the agent shot the felon with performed perfectly, penetrating deep and expanding along the way. If the bullet had been the .40S&W Federal Hydrashock 165gr that the FBI now issues, the guy would not have died any faster.

Remember that there are a lot of people out there with .40s and .45s and they can't shoot them worth a spit, for me, I shot a 2 inch qualification group with 9mm, with .40 my grouping is all over the place, shot placement trumps any minor advantage that power may or may not offer.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I feel bad that my former English countrymen are denied that privilege, only the criminals there are well armed. Over here in the US, we sleep very well at night, but then again, we don't live in New Orleans

Umm just asking, what "privilage" are we denied BTW...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join