It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Evacuation of Superdome suspended after shots fired at helicopter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

The situation sounds like it is deteriorating fast.

IMO - The situation sounds like its being manipulated to blame the victims, and justify governance by NorthCom.

New Orleans

The Patriot Act 2, Immigration and NORTHCOM

Patriot Act II. Update

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Maybe they where shooting at the Russians ....
en.rian.ru...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by Hal9000

The situation sounds like it is deteriorating fast.

IMO - The situation sounds like its being manipulated to blame the victims, and justify governance by NorthCom.

New Orleans

The Patriot Act 2, Immigration and NORTHCOM

Patriot Act II. Update

Give me a break, sometimes a rescue effort really is just a rescue effort.
Imagine that, the shadow government DOESN'T control every last person in the government. What a novel idea!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is not about the Patriot Act, this is about one of the poorest cities in the nation, with the worst crime rate and most corrupt police force in the nation, mix in a national catastrophy, the need to eat, sleep and drink, and you have the recipe for action that a person may not normally attempt.

During last years Hurrincanes in FL, I lost power all 3 times, and I how pissed I was that I had to sleep in my own house with no a/c. BFD. Compared to how these people have it, it was like a palace.

The government needs to step in and assist in the protection of these citizens that are left behind. Realize that there are 30,000+ en route to Texas to live in the Astrodome for at least the next 3 months. These people lost EVERYTHING.

My work has started a drive for funds, and I advise everyone esle to do the same. What ever you can give, be it time, supplies or money, please help.

I think that this is going to get alot worse in the next few days before it gets better.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
this is what you get if you can buy weapons at every corner on the street, people will eventually use them like now and this is the most stupid law in your country!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
this is what you get if you can buy weapons at every corner on the street, people will eventually use them like now and this is the most stupid law in your country!

I doubt the guns in use were bought, more then likely those were the ones reported stolen yesterday or the day before by the thugs.

Originally posted by soficrow

soficrow your comments about northcom, are way offbase

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
Maybe they where shooting at the Russians ....
en.rian.ru...

Interesting they are sending helicopters to rescue Russians. Does that mean they will not help rescue Americans? If so I would tell them to stay the hell out of US aircpace.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by rai76

I doubt the guns in use were bought, more then likely those were the ones reported stolen yesterday or the day before by the thugs.

yes, but the fact that you can steel them, cause you have shops for it, is even more stupid!!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Interesting they are sending helicopters to rescue Russians. Does that mean they will not help rescue Americans? If so I would tell them to stay the hell out of US aircpace.

Pretty much agree there...if the Russians are sending assets to assist in rescue, they should be rescuing everyone they can, not just their own citizens.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

unless I misunderstand we turned them down

en.rian.ru...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Shooting at rescue workers so you can continue looting is pretty evil in my book...

I completely agree. EVIL. And when our police and military start
shooting back the evil looters/shooters will whine and whine
... it's sickening.

[edit on 9/1/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Russia does offer to help the U.S. after Hurricane Katrina
en.rian.ru...

It's just a shame that right wing media is crying out NO Countries Will Help Us.
shame on the propaganda machine.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

unless I misunderstand we turned them down

en.rian.ru...

Yes it does appear they did off by that article, my reply was addressed only at the first article which did not mention their offer.

One can only assume they have a valid reason like perhaps lack of speaking the English language since they are military pilots that normally do not speak English who knows.

No matter how you look at it this is one hell of a big mess. No ground to air communications, no local radar and no power would be examples. You get the drift the list could go on and on.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Helicopter rescues continue, just saw on tv, numerous blackhawks landing and unloading rescued citizens, some on stretchers, while the boats have been put on hold, at least the helicopters are now landing with victims every couple of minutes.. located just off I-10 near New Orleans..

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As far as looting goes.......food and water are critical...........I could people struggling to get that any way possible until supplies arrive...........

....but in regards to nonessential items??

Well once again our wonderful group of minority welfare state folks show how much they enjoy raping the system......

TVs, appliances, toys, etc. looted and carted away like its Christmas day........

but........wait, they have no where to put them yet do they? and haven't they considered that they will need clean water and food long before they can sell off this hot stuff for drug money......

and some are shooting at helicopers and robbing ambulances?

Our liberal policies and government handouts have created this underclass since 1964's great society welfare program that was suppose to eliminate poverty........instead it increased the poverty level 10 fold.........and the actions you see with the looting and shooting at the very people trying to help them are nothing more than the end result of such programs that create irresponsible and genocidal behavior.....

Okay what to do about it..........

Let's see.......it's now martial law in New Orleans right?

That mean a temporary suspension of Constitutional rights such as innocent until proven guilty and a fair trial, correct??

Well then.......I say bring in the National Guard and carry loud speakers/mega phones annoucing we shoot all looters/armed persons on site unless they drop their weapons and leave all merchandise on the ground in front of them.....Give them this warning.........make sure they hear it and then.........

Those that do drop weapons and merchandise on the ground arrest them.

Now those that don't who try to run away or shoot back........then shoot them on sight and spray paint a white X on them to show that they were looters........

Then gather the bodies up as soon as possible and burn them so that they don't create anymore disease through decomposition........

Yes ugly for sure......but the only way to keep the whole place from becoming a third world war zone...........

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That's wonderful. Just as we manage to get more rescue choppers in, someone tries to take them down. Good thing that no one was killed.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
this is just like the old saying.."you can take the boy out of the jungle....but you can't take the jungle out of the boy." who is doing this? Gang members? I'm sure you can shoot to kill them under the patriot act II

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is sickening.
Once they have evacuated the city they should round up these idiot looters and put them on trial for Manslaughter. The police force had to be taken off of search and rescue detail to handle these clowns. And they failing to keep contol of the looters. Meanwhile more people that could have been rescued are dying. I think once the evacuation is over, these looters should be made an example of.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Mob is as a Mob does...

time for the helicopters to fly with the loud speakers, shouting "turn over the troublemakers, or we will not come back"

If a shooter suddenly realized that a huge mob was after his skin, he would think twice...
and that is the problem... NO thinking.

one report said the shooter was yelling "you better come back for my family"
yep, that is just what they do...NOT! firing a gun at rescuers is NOT going to get you favorable treatment...

I can only hope, they were only shooting to get attention of the rescuers, instead of shooting AT them...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've heard the word "gang" thrown around on the news, and the more I think about it, the more it sounds like that's the case...

Without being there myself, I can only postulate a few potential scenarios...

The one I'm going with, is a Scavenger vs. Gangs Model...

People who are in the city and are generally passive and peaceful poor people are now fighting for their lives even more than before - The survival-based looting of food, water and other needs may be carried out by the dominant males in these clustered groups - Some of whom are armed for protection...

Roaming the streets, and potentially within many of these stores, there is the potential for "organized" crime units - or gangs - who have taken this opportunity to loot out of greed and ravage gun stores and pawn shops for their chance to "get even with society"

These gangs probably existed in the pre-Katrina New Orleans, and given the destitute of the city and the absence of law and order, the gangs are running the streets...The aftermath of the hurricane means little to them b/c this filthy ruin of a city is theirs finally - The turf wars are non-existent now....

These gangs are the people I propose are shooting at the helicopters - rebelling and attempting to protect their wasteland they've been fighting for all these years....

I know this all may sound far-fetched, but I think it's firmly based in common sense (not good common sense of course, just a natural progression)....These people don't care if New Orleans is trashed - It's theirs now....

And I think they're going to put up a fight for what's theirs....As it’s clearly already begun…

Not all of these people are suffering – There’s that 1% that are actually enjoying this sudden “rise-to-power”, and they’re making their voices heard…

Ya’ll can pick this idea to shreds all you want – I’m just throwing it out there…It’s been on my mind all day….With the months to come, I suppose we’ll come to learn exactly what has been transpiring right in front of us with much more vivid detail….

[edit on 9/1/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join