It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Evacuation of Superdome suspended after shots fired at helicopter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xu
now THATS pathetic yad, keep on.

To what specifically do you refer? I've seen plenty of posts w/ actual curse words w/ no warnings issued. Sorry if I think it was unwarrented. I could understand it if I had left the full word in. Oh well, the little red symbol looks kinda cool. Watch out folks, I'm a rebel!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Muaddib,

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

I am a sixty-four year old African-American.

New Orleans marks the end of the America I strove for.

I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered. - Houston Chronicle

What do you think about this?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Muaddib,

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

I am a sixty-four year old African-American.

New Orleans marks the end of the America I strove for.

I am hopeless. I am sad. I am angry against my country for doing nothing when it mattered. - Houston Chronicle

What do you think about this?

I already responded to this... if anyone "eats dead bodies" after going hungry for four days is because they want to....

The country is doing nothing?.... oh please.... help being sent were being shot at by hudlums, including civilians boats were being shot at by these same packs of Hudlums that are taking advantage of the situation.

Again, you wanted the US military to start shooting blindly into New Orleans?.... I am pretty sure you would have a lot more to complain if that happened.....

xu

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
if anyone "eats dead bodies" after going hungry for four days is because they want to....

to make such a statement, you must be either a 13 year old boy who knows nothing about realities of life, pain, or love, whose only social relation with people is playing first person shooters online.

Thats a beyond statement really where you accuse those survivors ( cant really say survivors actually) of being natural hannibals which as if it is a matter of choice for them.

this will be graphic but I must ask: can you imagine a person eating an uncooked dead elder womans chopped off arm who was there alive and talking just the day before, and at the same time honestly want and enjoy it. I hope you wont answer that with something like, " well ofcourse it would be better cooked and a little salt wouldnt hurt" well maybe you could why not after the first comment.

the thing is, well there is no thing , I cant really believe that statment has been made by a human to cut it short. think it this way maybe only than it will help, it could be you eating your say aunts leg in a similar situation, and think about a person on an internet board saying about you that you ate your dead aunts leg because you wanted to. does it ring any bells.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The cannibalism was alledged by a preacher overcome with grief, I don't think he was speaking literally, and if he was, he wasn't thinking clearly.

Your insults targetting Muadibb aren't helping. And for the record, he's absolutely right.

After 4 days your body should have just started processing the fat stored for just such an occasion. Hunger goes away for the most part after the first couple of days, at least that's been my experience.

There's no compulsion to eat your fellow human beings after just four days.

Maybe if you had a tapeworm or something...

xu

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The cannibalism was alledged by a preacher overcome with grief, I don't think he was speaking literally, and if he was, he wasn't thinking clearly.

without food you will last around 60 days (infact up to 300 days with salt +water+vitamins only)

without water you will last 4 days and die

if you cant consume water you should not consume grains since they will increase the need of water the body needs, instead you should go for fresh meat. %70 of fresh meat is water packed in cells. and if you consume fresh meat your chances of survival without water increases remarkably. and its not just water if you cant consume salt thats a big drawback too.

now those survivors have no food, no water. but corpses everywhere. they should not in anycase try to drink the contaminated water because thats a direct ticket to death.

so we can say that the 25.000 people there should be dead alltogether tonight since it has been more than four days for them without water. if they do not start to consume fresh meat in this situation where they lack fresh water.

it is highly possible that they have started to eat the dead, if you consider the situation from scientific facts.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Your insults targetting Muadibb aren't helping. And for the record, he's absolutely right.

there is no insult in that post, its just a continuation of the logic of the post I responded to, and frankly I was quite civil in that post considering what I was responding to. if any human being is eating dead bodies in such a situation, you can not say that they are doing it because its a matter of choice, no matter what. its wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Below is a comment from one of the 50 Britons trapped in NO:

"We rode that storm out and then decided to go to New Orleans. We didn't realise the storm was heading that way."

He said of his eventual Superdome refuge: "There was a lot of heat from the people in there, people shouting racial abuse about us being white.

"The army warned us to keep our bags close to us and to grip them tight."

He said he saw crack coc aine being used in the filthy toilets, youngsters breaking into soft drink machines and men brawling. Urine and excrement spilled into corridors where they were sleeping.

Source

It does sound like it is getting pretty messy in there....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join