It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Evacuation of Superdome suspended after shots fired at helicopter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
this is what you get if you can buy weapons at every corner on the street, people will eventually use them like now and this is the most stupid law in your country!

Ok ... No... its not a stupid law. It would be utterly retarded to think that our government could protect us forever. What would happen if the government failed? Or for some reason the need should arise for a civilian militia to be created? IMO your countries are stupid for giving up this right.

Back to the conversation.

Have you ever been to NOLA? The crime rate IS horrible and there are lots of really poor uneducated people who are now living in even worse conditions. I've walked thru the projos on the way to the superdome. The superdome is right next to some of the poorest communities in the city. Some of these people really do live in shanties. The area was rife with gang activity before the storm anyway. It really dosn't suprise me that this is going on.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
People haven't changed over time, just because the society in which we lives changes and we put on suits and ties, doesn't mean our needs change.

They're battling to survive and being held at their will in #ty living conditions with little to help...

You would think and they do too, that in this modern day in age helicopters would be flying in, not to hold these people hostage, but to deliver much aid.

This is totally ass backwards.

Are these people being used as an experiment by the government?
Is it something more sinister then we think?

Just throwing it out there since we are on a conspiracy board afterall.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Lets just say that gun law has its good points and bad points. Personally im for it, but I can see problems that could possible arise in certain circumstances.

Shake hands. Good!

-

I say anyone caught shooting at helicopters should be punished way past the fullest extent of the law. These people are putting thousands of others in danger, diabetics, the sick, the hungry everyone. They should be captured and charged for treason since many of these copters are millitary and accessory to attempted murder of everyone there putting in danger, hang them.

The real thing at question is how could these looters and gunmen have such a low mentality? bah every community seems to have a collection of idiots, how its always been, how it probabley always will be.

Vorta

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Vorta]

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Vorta]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Per watching FOX, it looks like the evacuation of the Superdome is continuing. Thousands are lining up on the ramps waiting for buses.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vorta

The real thing at question is how could these looters and gunmen have such a low mentality? bah every community seems to have a collection of idiots, how its always been, how it probabley always will be.

When your hungry and desperate to survive, animal instinct superceeds any kind of common sense we were conditioned to have in our society.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
True, but they don't realise that these choppers are being sent to aid them? There not simply there for a sky tour of new orleans.

Then again you could be right, but the person/persons shooting must be extremly desperate to the point were they've reverted back to there basic instincts.

Vorta

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Anarchy, yeaaaaaaa.
Noone really has the right to speak on this, since we're not there.
Crazy times will make a man do some crazy shiet.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am starting to wonder what is going on...
Bush is NOT doing his best... in fact, he is being a callious fool...
saying that food looters will be shot on sight is just downright inhuman...

they are trying to survive doing the best they can (no help coming)... taking food from stores that aren't open to sell it is OK in my book, when survival is called for...

now feel free to snipe the jerks in the trucks with bigscreens (maybe the news cameramen could do it, since they seem to be there when it is happening...might help pass the time)

I am not seeing everything done that can be done...
I personally know one of the FEMA contracted companies that hires hurricane cleanup/security crews... they are on STANDBY waiting for word of when they can send the hundreds of people that are waiting to leave to help.

Also... news crews can get in and out of the areas where people need help... so why not bring some twinkies with them when the go? or maybe have about 20 of the supply trucks follow them through... dropping crates of food/water as the go?

I want to know who is in charge of logistics... because they dont seem to have a clue of how to handle this process...this is not the time for red tape...

WHY NOT airdrop supplies like they did in berlin? no guards required for that... and at least some of the food would get to the people that need it.

We don't have a lack of supplies, just a lack of ways to get it to the people in need...
and sorry... but this ain't the time to fill out triplicate FEMA forms for food vouchers... people are dying daily GODAMMIT!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How do you know the news crews AREN'T carrying things with them when they go in? Just because we don't SEE it doesn't mean that they aren't.

Berlin wasn't a bunch of airdrops, they were flying in and landing and offloading and driving the supplies in most cases. If you airdrop you risk people getting killed by falling pallets, when they come out to watch the airplane fly overhead, and wave at and and stand there going "oooohhhhhh what's that?" and get hit by it.

The shooting actually started last night, when a police officer was shot and wounded and a police station was shot up.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just witness in the news NBC, footage of death people at the Super dome while they waiting, specially elderly, the evacuation is taking to long and the bodies are pilling on the walls outside of it.

Children are dying also, two babies die from dehydration.

Shots or not Shots people are dying and is not from riots or wounds but from the lack of help right now.

Sad that they survived the Storm to just die waiting.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You want to know how crazy this is getting?

I was just talking to a friend of mine who is staying a little over 100 miles north of New Orleans at the moment. He made it through the storm and they got power back around noon today.

Anyway.. a couple of hours ago he went out to get some food. Staying there temporarily he didnt have much. First he went to a Wal-Mart and as he arrived heard multiple gunshots and left.

He went to another grocery store and it was being shut down by police because of a robbery that had just taken place.

Its not just NO.. that whole area is going out of control.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can not believe there are people here who defend the shooter.
You obviously can not take the truth which is this situation is exactly like war situation, and shooting at the helicopter is deadly force, so yeah army should shoot back, and more troops should be send there or you prefer law of the jungle to prevail, and btw in jungle not much of this could happen.
This is not a drill.
They are not all "poor people" there, and whoever can not stay normal is a more of a danger for everyone. Utmost discipline is a must.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

IMO - The situation sounds like its being manipulated to blame the victims, and justify governance by NorthCom.

Peeeease.....

There are wackos out there that are more than capable of doing things like this. We have seen a few of them in these forums too, including people that have talked about resorting to violence, and those people do not work for the military or any branch of the government sofi.....

There is a percentage of people out there that would take advantage of this kind of situation and try anything to loot, rape, pillage, etc, etc. Look at the L.A. Riots, we saw on video what people were doing to others, the government was not involved.

If you want to blame anyone, blame those who want anarchy. The government does not want anarchy since anarchy can only exist when there is no form of government in a society.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Muaddib]

xu

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
shots fired to one heli, so the rescues had stopped?

I mean dont you have airforce there, Im reading that there are ~10.000 people in the dome and convention center, women being raped, people are being beaten, deads are being stacked to the side, people die of dehydration, not lack of food, but plain lack of water. and this condition is known at least for what, a day minimum. and nothing had been done. it is the middle of USA not afghanistan. while the military is bragging how their bombers can drop thousands of bombs to the otherside of the world in a matter of hours, yet what is this current situation, sounds like science fiction.

it is crystal clear that people are dying there from the lack of food and water. and the tensions are very high naturally because each individual is in a struggle for survival. why not drop aid on top of them, even C-130s could be used not only helis. instead the gov seems to be waiting for the people there to die out?, if nothing happen just bombard the city with aid all over the place. I mean there is sure something to do rather than saying the soldiers are on their way. they need food and water first, and the good thing is you can drop the food from aircraft.

I cant really compute what is happening out there. even one heli could make 30 runs until now, to deliver supplies.

would it be different if the city had a higher profile in terms of wealth. what if the people who are stuck in that dome was from a higher class say what if that dome was in beverly hills? would it differ?

this is very strange, as if almost the aid or rescue is being holded back. the reason? well somebody shot at the heli.

this is some type of a war situation where you have to protect your people, and I know you wont believe that but the real role of military in "modern" society is to protect its people. yet the military turns around and runs in the first bullet.

well if they dont have any ideas about what to do, while the military is on their "way" they should drop lots of supplies including water food and medicine to the area. however that would cost a lot of precious bucks while waiting for the people there to die is for free and probably half of them dont have any insurance anyway.(sarcasm). Im clueless how this could be happening in there, I could understand if it did in africa or afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

The government does not want anarchy since anarchy can only exist when there is no form of government in a society.

The hurricane was expected, as was the fallout - but the planning and emergency measure were completely inadequate. Obviously, the government DOES want anarchy. Else why let this happen?

Letting anarchy reign, for a while, will make the government look like heros when they finally step in with full out fascism.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xu
shots fired to one heli, so the rescues had stopped?

I mean dont you have airforce there, Im reading that there are ~10.000 people in the dome and convention center, women being raped, people are being beaten, deads are being stacked to the side, people die of dehydration, not lack of food, but plain lack of water. and this condition is known at least for what, a day minimum. and nothing had been done. it is the middle of USA not afghanistan. while the military is bragging how their bombers can drop thousands of bombs to the otherside of the world in a matter of hours, yet what is this current situation, sounds like science fiction.

There's no doubt the administration's doing a crappy job of getting this rescue effort rolling. But a lot of the people still stuck there need to take some personal responcibilty for their actions. It's not the foot-dragging FEMA that's raping and shooting and fighting. It's a small portion of the people who couldn't/wouldn't leave when they had the chance.

We can call FEMA/Bush unprepared, slow to react, and quite possibly stupid (who cares about looters, SAVE LIVES!), but they are not the ones raping, killing, looting, etc. I don't like the way things have gone either. But it reminds me of the lyrics to a tool song;

"Well now I've got some
A-dvice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well ...

[edit on 2-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I know this is a tense time but PLEASE, decorum.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I know this is a tense time but PLEASE, decorum.

I bleeped the lyrics. I guess I should have taken out the "f" too.

Why don't you just remove the whole post, you took out the line that made the point that you need to look at yourself before pointing fingers. Oh and thanx for the warning, NOT!

[edit on 9/2/2005 by yadboy]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yes that these people have guns is the problem, not that they wouldn't be using bats, knives, homemade explosives, sling shots, bow/crossbow, modified aresol can/flamethrower, brass knucks, axe, machete, Arkansas Toothpick(short sword) or any other weapon. Of course if the EMTs had guns/orders to shoot back then there would be no problem, when you ban all guns only people who follow the law won't have them, so they will be open game to criminals, who have the guns.

Anyways, was up till 5am watching the news on this, why is NO so bad? They weren't directly hit, Biloxi was, yet NO, and what appears to be all of Lousianna, is in chaos.

xu

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
now THATS pathetic yad, keep on.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join