It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Relief Effort Failing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Dh, I agree with you, and gave you a vote for way above award. There are some things I would like to add.

From what has been said and what has been done, it sounds like our government has been practicing double speak on us. For those of you who are not familiar with this, it is in George Orwell’s “1984.”. The very basics of double speak, you look for the truth in the opposite direction they are talking. If they say 1000’s of troops are being deployed, look for very few troops.

Why are they not deploying and giving help like they are supposed to? There could be a variety of answers. Others have already stated the acceptable answers and concerns such as the majority of our military are deployed in Iraq. What other dark answers could there be? This is the ATS board for conspiracies, isn’t it? Anyone who has been following various groups trying to implement a NWO and knows of some of their plans, knows their main goal is to de-populate the Earth and re-wild most of the Earth, especially the US. I have noted a FOX news reporter slipping in a comment about New Orleans not being re-built. There were those in authority questioning the re-building of the area, because this could easily happen again.

There could be other possible reasons for them to be extremely slow on relief. I hate to say this, but this disaster coupled with the slow relief is a scientist’s dream of studying human nature in a large catastrophe. That will prepare them to know how to handle an even larger calculated disaster designed to take over the US. The theories go that the NWO is planning on a large disaster in order for the president to be able to declare martial law, and take away all of our rights.

Deeper into the theories are the re-location centers. If they exist, why not deport the people in New Orleans there now? It isn’t time to reveal them to the general public at large as of yet. If they have intentions of doing this, then media has to be knowingly or unknowingly working for the NWO. It would be easier for them to cover up where the people who have no place else to live are actually going once the media lets up on this story and start to redirect people’s attention else where.

Let’s go even deeper into the rabbit hole, for those who are true conspiracy theorists. Another conspiracy theory is that there are those who are practicing mind control, and have created mind control slaves. They may be studying how well their mind control systems work. It could be that the government is seeing how well everyone is behaving like cattle like they were trained to do during most of their life in the public school systems. It could be that some were programmed to loot, riot, and cause more mayhem than normal so the government has a reason to bring in the national guards and declare martial law.

They are just testing a small-scale model of what they are planning on doing on a larger scale with a different disaster. The scalar technology DH talked about could very well have been used to bring about this small-scale model. For them what better people to practice on than the poor, elderly, and in polite terms these people are also racists to the core. Don’t think that Hitler’s mentality about an elitist race is gone.

It is almost as if the shadow government made sure this disaster would happen by having Bush divert SELA money to the war on terrorism. Don’t blame this solely on Bush. Bush is one of their puppets. Bush may or may not know exactly what is going on. Bush may have truly believed it was in the best interest to divert those funds, or knowingly diverted them for such a situation as this.

www.editorandpublisher.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.editorandpublisher.com...

Does anyone honestly believe that the military is this incompetent? If they are, they better get out of the other countries and come back here for some serious training especially in intelligence. The problem is that we have seen them in action, and know what they are capable of. When it comes time to create the big disaster and to declare martial law, FEMA will be on their toes for the take over with much more order than you see now in New Orleans. Most of the soldiers will be acting on those orders believing it is the best for all citizens concerned.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
...Looks like mother nature outed him for the incompetent he really is. I expect a WAR AGAINST NATURE campaign any day now.....

After all, that has been a COVERT OPERATION during his administration.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
MSNBC's Scarborough is the first real critical analysis I've seen from the major media outlets. He is reporting from Biloxi (ignored to a large degree because of all the focus on NO) and he is saying that today is the first time that he was able to find ONE national guardsman on site. Minimal water only just arrived today from a single private relief group and NO FOOD as of yet!

Anyone who continues to make excuses for the unprecedented incompetency of the federal, state and local government shares in the responsibility of that incompetency!

THIS IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE!!! When this is all over, I hope ALL of the politicians who failed this country, including BUSH, pays for their neglect! There are NO reasonable excuses. This isn't a logistics problem! This is a leadership problem all the way around.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

[edit on 2-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This article sums it all up quite nicely. I apologize in advance for quoting it in its entirety ...

Newsview: Politicians Failed Storm Victims

WASHINGTON (AP) - At every turn, political leaders failed Katrina's victims. They didn't strengthen the levees. They ceded the streets to marauding looters. They left dead bodies to rot or bloat. Thousands suffered or died for lack of water, food and hope. Who's at fault?

There's plenty of blame to go around - the White House, Congress, federal agencies, local governments, police and even residents of the Gulf Coast who refused orders to evacuate. But all the finger-pointing misses the point: Politicians and the people they lead too often ignore danger signs until a crisis hits.

It wasn't a secret that levees built to keep New Orleans from flooding could not withstand a major hurricane, but government leaders never found the money to fully shore up the network of earthen, steel and concrete barriers.

Both the Bush and Clinton administrations proposed budgets that low-balled the needs. Local politicians grabbed whatever money they could and declared victory. And the public didn't exactly demand tax increases to pay for flood-control and hurricane-protection projects.

Just last year, the Army Corps of Engineers sought $105 million for hurricane and flood programs in New Orleans. The White House slashed the request to about $40 million. Congress finally approved $42.2 million, less than half of the agency's request.

Yet the lawmakers and Bush agreed to a $286.4 billion pork-laden highway bill that included more than 6,000 pet projects for lawmakers. Congress spent money on dust control for Arkansas roads, a warehouse on the Erie Canal and a $231 million bridge to a small, uninhabited Alaskan island.

How could Washington spend $231 million on a bridge to nowhere - and not find $42 million for hurricane and flood projects in New Orleans? It's a matter of power and politics.

Alaska is represented by Republican Rep. Don Young, chairman of the House Transportation Committee, and Republican Sen. Ted Stevens, a senior member of the all-important Senate Appropriations Committee. Louisiana's delegation holds far less sway.

Once the hurricane hit, relief trickled into the Gulf Coast. Even Federal Emergency Management Agency director Michael Brown, whose agency is in charge of disaster response, pronounced the initial results unacceptable.

The hurricane was the first major test of FEMA since it became part of the Homeland Security Department, a massive new bureaucracy that many feared would make the well-respected FEMA another sluggish federal agency.

Looting soon broke out as local police stood by. Some police didn't want to stop people from getting badly needed food and water. Others seemed to be overwhelmed. Thousands of National Guard troops were ordered to the Gulf Coast, but their ranks have been drastically thinned by the war in Iraq.

On top of all this, Katrina is one of the worst natural disasters ever to hit the United States. The best leaders running the most efficient agencies would have been sharply challenged.

"Look at all they've had to deal with," former President Clinton told CNN shortly after joining former President Bush on a fundraising campaign for hurricane relief. "I'm telling you, nobody every thought it would happen like this."

That's not true. Experts had predicted for years that a major hurricane would eventually hit New Orleans, swamping the levees and filling the bowl-shaped city with polluted water. The politicians are doing what they do in time of crisis - shifting the blame.

"The truth will speak for itself," Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., said of potential lapses by government. Later, her office blamed the White House for budget cuts.

If it's not the Republicans' fault, perhaps some in Washington would like to blame New Orleans itself. House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., questioned whether a city that lies below sea level should be rebuilt. "That doesn't make sense to me," he said.

But for anybody living - or dying - in the devastated region, there are far too many villains to name.

"We're out here like pure animals. We don't have help," the Rev. Issac Clark, 68, said outside the New Orleans Convention Center.

Robin Lovin, ethics professor at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, said it's too convenient to blame one branch of government when they are all, at some level, failing people. From Watergate to Clinton's impeachment, governmental institutions have disappointed the public.

"Bush, Congress, the mayor - each of them are symptoms of a bigger problem, that we don't have accountability for disasters or challenges of this scale," Lovin said. "That's all the public wants in trying times - accountability."

Thus, Americans are doing what people do when government lets them down - they're turning to each other. Donations are pouring into charities. Internet sites are being used to find relatives. Residents of far-off states are opening their homes to victims.

The community spirit is reminiscent of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. So is the second-guessing. It will happen again after the next crisis. You've heard the warnings: a cataclysmic California earthquake, another terrorist strike, a flu pandemic, a nuclear plant meltdown, a tsunami, the failure to address mounting U.S. debt - and on and on.

Will the public and its leaders be better prepared next time?

apnews.myway.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I would think twice about giving my donations to the Red Cross, according to CNN they pocketed half of the 9/11 donations.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
I would think twice about giving my donations to the Red Cross, according to CNN they pocketed half of the 9/11 donations.

www.infowars.com...

Then how ridiculous is this???????

FEMA is directing Katrina donations to none other than the Rev. Pat Robertson

www.sploid.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just saw a long report on the current situation in New Orleans on Australian TV, via a correspondent who is actually there. As a result, the footage and interviews were all first hand.

I saw a returned Iraq vet currently stuck in NO as a civilian tell the reporter that he saw more organisation in Iraq then in his own home city in America. I saw a female diabetes sufferer fall backwards mid interview from having no insulin for 3 days. I saw a fellow diabetes sufferer handing out his own supply of insulin, subsequently saving the women previously mentioned.

I saw people sitting in streets in the dark amongst rubbish. it honestly looked like a 3rd world country. I was shocked.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Salvation Army all the way! They're honest good people!

Bush flew over in Air farce One !

Yeah, he saw people suffering from 30,000 feet and flew on!

I think he said, "Are ya sure those are people down there? Looks like ants. We got any relief to drop?"

"No, Mr. President.", an aid told him.

"Then , we got any bombs to drop? At least we could end their suffering," quiped G.W.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The words that come to my mind are: "failed" "disgraceful" and "shameful". I feel as if I am watching the destruction of our country. Remember all the movies about WWIII (ie "The Day After) and how we wondered what would happen in the midst of a nuclear hit? This makes me realize any optimistic hopes were insane. Look how we are reacting, miserabley, to a natural disaster. Surely Homeland Security and FEMA had plans for the evacuation of a city the size of New Orleans. I guess we see how well their plans are. Heaven help us if we have any other natural disaster or terrorist attack.
joey

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
"Heaven help us"

Amen!

People are dying there! They talk about looting. People are trying to survive! No help from outside. This situation is about to deteriorate fast!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont know whats going on, but i would think that food (war style) could be dropped at the very least, you know, like they did in Iraq so folks dont go hungry? This is very irresponsible.

Please describe the process invovled in identifying, comandeering, loading, fueling and putting said choppers into flight. Please ignore the details of actually getting the staff and soldiery activated and assigned to this task rather than street patrols. Do you think it might take more than, what, 4 days, as of the above post?

I agree that there are massive problems, and I can't justify keeping an emergency reaction agency like FEMA around if it can't provide serious, unparalled help within 5 days, but obviously these things take time.

Just watched the FEMA briefing - apparently A shot was fired ( singular! ) at a medical helicopter - hardly a pitched gun battle!

If someone fired a shot at me as I tried to position a helicopter over an anarchic and wrecked city, hell I'd probably shoot back as I retreated, let alone not picked up the fools.
[quiote]Would it not have been possible for the truck to have been loaded with jerrycans of water and some food
No, you need soldiers to protect that truck. There are armed gangs of looters. That truck would be ransacked and destroyed. Then you'd be down one truck, and the mob'd probably spill and try to sell as much water as it drank. Order first, then supplies. No order, no supplies.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Please describe the process invovled in identifying, comandeering, loading, fueling and putting said choppers into flight. Please ignore the details of actually getting the staff and soldiery activated and assigned to this task rather than street patrols. Do you think it might take more than, what, 4 days, as of the above post?

The only answer to that is why on Earth were no preparataions made? No stockpiles of food and water? Stockpiles of fuel for helicopters? A source of helicopters? This could have been planned for in advance quite easily, stockpiles could have been built up. There was two weeks of warning, surely something more sensible than a collective panic attack could have been organised on this time.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is a reflection of the bigger picture in American culture. People cannot take care of themselves and thus rely on the government for everything. Self-discipline in this country has gone out the window and an absolute lack of appreciation for skills and education has supplanted it. If Uncle Sam can't give me my cheese then I don't know what I'll do. Why don't we blame someone else, like ourselves, when we fail to excercise a little forethought. People having hurricane parties and just "chillin' an sh**" when a Cat 5 hurricane approaches? You must be joking. The cops aren't eating either but they evidently have enough presence of mind to maintain their composure, and even after that depleting state of mind, to try to maintain order. Screw those people. They live like animals even when they do have food and water. This Federal response may have been delayed but you have to wonder about that when people are roaming around in gangs raping people.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by confoundit
This is a reflection of the bigger picture in American culture. People cannot take care of themselves and thus rely on the government for everything. Self-discipline in this country has gone out the window and an absolute lack of appreciation for skills and education has supplanted it. If Uncle Sam can't give me my cheese then I don't know what I'll do. Why don't we blame someone else, like ourselves, when we fail to excercise a little forethought. People having hurricane parties and just "chillin' an sh**" when a Cat 5 hurricane approaches? You must be joking. The cops aren't eating either but they evidently have enough presence of mind to maintain their composure, and even after that depleting state of mind, to try to maintain order. Screw those people. They live like animals even when they do have food and water. This Federal response may have been delayed but you have to wonder about that when people are roaming around in gangs raping people.

God help you!! If you live long enough, you may one day want to eat some of these words! Some of these people are in nursing homes, how do you know that they were not productive, good, hard working people all of their lives......to be left to fend for themselves when the government can no longer 'gain' from them???

Certainly there is a percentage of people who will take advantage of the situation......that is no reason to turn your back on the others!

As far as the logistics of moving the massive amounts of goods....they should have started loading trucks or airplanes days before the hurricane made land fall.....bottled water and MRE's could have been stored or even shelved if they were not actually needed......better to be ready and not need the supplies than to be in desperate need and then have to wait for days while trucks are being loaded!!

It's not like these guys (FEMA ) haven't had 'drills' and experience from dealing with other hurricanes.

While a large number of the population may never have actually gone through this before....at least not on this level.....also, the segment of the population that stayed, were the least likely to be 'news junkies' with the latest internet updates, and warnings...plus many were not physically able to leave.
It is beyond heartless to blame them all for their predicament.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Loam,
Excellent, excellent post(s)!!!

I am stupefied by this horrific disaster, especially the incompetence by the 'system' in handling it. Others have made points on this better than I can.

How can people be so stupid??? I mean, if us Americans can put on an 'Ozz Fest', for God's sakes, what is the problem in recovering New Orleans?????

And should we take the Overlords at their words: That there are many logistical problems, but help is coming.... Well where IS it?

I also find it funny that 9/11 was handled so perfectly, went off like a Hollywood Movie, perfect rescues and heroism. Imagine: They even managed to find the "Hijackers" ID's and Koran books amidst exploded rubble. Imagine that. But for some reason, now-in New Orleans-The Gov can't even manage to move past some shallow water. The News People got there.

Running from a little sniper fire? I could see some non military rescuers becoming afraid-or- from practicality having to quit. For a short time-then regroup, military escort, plan B, and why in the gods name were offers of generators from other countries refused????? I believe energy and light are immediate needs. So here we have simple rectification for the 'sniper problem', but instead they call off all rescue and go into hunt/kill mode???????

Something is very wrong with this whole thing, and with our government in general. People desperately need to become alot more involved with society. People I know laugh at me, or maybe tell me to shut up when I rant about the Gov and many wrongs that I perceive. They don't want to hear it. They want to watch Paris Hilton and American Idol on TV, talk BS crap with their yuppie suburban ignorant peers, and call me Un-American.
We all know people like this. And there are far too many.
To these people, using the Annihilation of New Orleans as example, I will be screaming in their faces: I TOLD YOU SO!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Come on people pull your heads out of your butts and stop looking for a way to blame Bush for all of this. Yes the rescue efforts are slow but think of the area they are dealing with. There is 2 states that have been so damaged that you cant just drive in and make things better. I have helped on recovery from floods,fire and tornados and it takes time to organize and get there. Once after a tornado it took 4 hours to get a half a mile to a destroyed home because of power lines and trees. If you have never been involved in a operation like this and are not on your way to help as we speak then do not speak of what you do not know. Keep in mind that New Orleans is not the only city that is in a bad way. When we have had other disasters people were pulling together helping and looking out for each other but in New Orleans you have animals roaming the streets and they are the ones you need to focus your anger on because they are the ones making it worse for everyone. If you blame the rescuers don't expect them to volunteer when it is your home.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Come on people pull your heads out of your butts and stop looking for a way to blame Bush for all of this. Yes the rescue efforts are slow but think of the area they are dealing with. There is 2 states that have been so damaged that you cant just drive in and make things better. I have helped on recovery from floods,fire and tornados and it takes time to organize and get there. Once after a tornado it took 4 hours to get a half a mile to a destroyed home because of power lines and trees. If you have never been involved in a operation like this and are not on your way to help as we speak then do not speak of what you do not know. Keep in mind that New Orleans is not the only city that is in a bad way. When we have had other disasters people were pulling together helping and looking out for each other but in New Orleans you have animals roaming the streets and they are the ones you need to focus your anger on because they are the ones making it worse for everyone. If you blame the rescuers don't expect them to volunteer when it is your home.

I remain unimpressed and unconvinced. Identify ANYWHERE on the coast where there was an appropriate FEMA, guard or military response. As mentioned previously, no such assistance had arrived even in Biloxi or Slidel, where flood waters were not a continuing problem and no snipper fire or violent chaos asserted. Keep your blinders on, if you prefer.

Moreover, I'd be very be careful assuming some folks who have criticized this response (even on this board) don't have experience in this area. You're on dangerous ground here.

Finally, a single tornado (even if F5) is in no way analogous to the scale of this situation and the corresponding response for which we supposedly dedicate a great deal of funding and planning for.

NO ONE is criticizing volunteers. The expectation was for the experts to preform expertly. They failed to do so. Plain and simple.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Now the city of New Orleans is starting to burn down!

I can't believe the scenes I see of the city and the tales of the suffering going on in the wake of Katrina.

It is the end of a great city. The end of the dream of the value of an all Republican admin. in Washington.

Where's the homeland security in this?

The mother of all fed. agencies is proven hollow and bankrupt of action.
Bush got everything he asked for and now he's incompetent.

[edit on 9/2/2005 by bodebliss]

dh

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Let's face it, aside from the possibility that this regime is responsible for this so called natural disaster, which Bush and Blair have been at pains to point out in their hollow speeches, except here at Bush's moment of truth

www.wnd.com...

'President Bush, himself upset with the pace of relief efforts, said the overall response by the government so far was "not acceptable."

"It's as if the entire Gulf Coast were obliterated by the worst kind of weapon you can imagine," Bush told reporters.'

Anyhow, the speed of response from government and their agencies, FEMA and Homeland Security, should demand the impeachment of the whole Bush regime and the heads of the agencies for what would be known in the UK as 'criminal negligence'

The US is ruled by the Mob, and they have quite clearly evidenced themselves in this instance

[edit on 2-9-2005 by dh]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I saw the Mayor of New Orleans breakdown and cry this morning on CNN because of the lack of response to the suffering Mayor Nagin saw.

Finally 6,500 NG troops arrive, but the emergency response teams already there are beginning to fall apart.

The masses of people still there are vulnerable to disease, dehydration, violence, and starvation!

People are dying as I type this.

Bush ! Do something !

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join