It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Relief Effort Failing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
dh

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Bush will do nothing except fly over and call Bush Senior and Clinton in just like the tsunami to sniff over the scene of the crime
Boy - they just done this crapola once too often
They've been found out for their terrorist outrages, we know the way they control the environment - what next? disease and vaccination at a guess
Its time to overthrow the regime - they are dangerous entities

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Loam I gave you a vote also. I'm sure many others have also. You have been posting some very good articles and ideas. From your recent article, this one little and probablly over looked thing is chilling to me:

There's plenty of blame to go around .... even residents of the Gulf Coast who refused orders to evacuate.

The next time FEMA, the military, or who ever is called in, they may use that as an excuse to use excessive and uncalled for force against the people. They may assume that everyone will re-act in such a bad manner that every last person will be roughed up in one way or another.

I don't expect to see any respect coming from them towards the victims of Katrina either. I believe that once help actually does arrive, that the victims will have and show resentment towards them for being so late in the first place.

I'm sorry, but there are many organizations in America who can get emergancy releif food and aid to victims in foregin countries faster than help is arriving in New Orleans. This is our own country and on our own soil. Something is seriously, seriously wrong here. At the very least they should have had a few shipments of food and water parachuted in by now as several people already suggested.

It's almost as if someone or a group wants these people to die.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
Loam I gave you a vote also. I'm sure many others have also. You have been posting some very good articles and ideas.

Thanks, ML. I am relieved that the national media are now demanding answers to the very same questions. I am also relieved, that however belated, there appears to be change.

When the relief effort is finally over, I hope America holds accountable those who failed in their responsibilities. This is something I never want to see again in this country. I want my children to have a future and be proud of their past. This one will be hard to explain.

My heart goes out to all of those who have had to endure this nightmare. And for those who needlessly lost their lives, I WILL NOT FORGET! My hope is that others will not either!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that MSNBC is quoting Louisiana Law Enforcement officials stating that many reports of gunfire were false and overblown, and that the city for the most part has been safe for resuers....

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is no way you can blame the local gov't and Mayor of New Orleaans on the response to the hurricane.

It's like your house is hit by a tornado and your neighbors gather to point the finger at you.

The infrastructure and organisation of NO were destroyed and the federal gov't was the only one who could have supported and righted the situation and it took a powder .

Bush(when nothing was moving),"we have troops on the way, water on the way, foood on the way, medical on the way." and nothing moved for 3 more days.

This is criminal!

Inaction killed hundreds!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
There is no way you can blame the local gov't and Mayor of New Orleaans on the response to the hurricane.

It's like your house is hit by a tornado and your neighbors gather to point the finger at you.

The infrastructure and organisation of NO were destroyed and the federal gov't was the only one who could have supported and righted the situation and it took a powder .

Bush(when nothing was moving),"we have troops on the way, water on the way, foood on the way, medical on the way." and nothing moved for 3 more days.

This is criminal!

Inaction killed hundreds!

And yet soooooo many appear to disagree.....Amazing, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well Loam,

It's because they don't understand responsibility and how it works.

Bush is responsible to back up state and local gov't when they can't act and Bush failed.

It's just that simple.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join