It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Katrina Data & Resources Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I fear for the superdome. I hope that building is ok. How many thousands of people are inside?

It seems this one is huge and hurricane season is no way near finished. It is natures stunning breathtaking force at it's full strength but so sad that people and lives are in danger.

Good luck everyone in the area....stay safe.

The Perfect Storm

can someone post updates of webcams jpeg images in the thread for those with narrow band and those that cannot access the webcams live please?

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
(Above) Nature dousnt like most people, Sadly both ways. I dont want to see what happens to the Dome, it better be safe.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The storm has is going due north now, and it may go a little more east. While NOLA is still looking bad it may barely miss the worst of it, if so Mississippi and Alabama will get rocked hard. Now the storm is on radar, it is easier to track and we can easily see the little wobbles almost by the minute. No from west of NOLA to Pensicola is safe and hurricane conditions are certain. Exactly where the core of the worst will go is still uncertain. Remember this storm has had suprises in the past so we should expect more. All we can do is prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

EDit: So much for that easterly component. New Orleans is still in the crosshairs.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by jrod]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
No food or water being provided in the Dome? How does that make sense.....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
no food and water because it not a regular emergency shelter. It is a shelter of last resort, bring your own and hunker down.

[edit on 8-28-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Good luck to everyone that lives in that area, and if you can still leave the area, do it now please. Don't wait thinking the hurricane won't be so bad.

When is it supposed to make landfall again?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hope it dousnt reach land fall untill everyone is safe in the dome, if the dome is safe. That bridge is gonna rip apart, and if they dont move faster, theyll go with it. But Im not sure of the status of the bridge, how is the trafic?

[edit on 28/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
early am tomorrow, but effects of feeder bands are already being felt, too late to evacuate now, seek shelter now. tornado watches and warnings have been issued

Katrina currently still at Cat 5 with sustained winds of 160mph, pressure at 904mb, moving WNW at 11mph

worst weather will probably be between 3am and 3pm Monday.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow this thing looks to be a monster, my mother was just told to go to a shelter and she is over 100 miles inland!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good thing I havent been going to sleep till 6am, Ill keep a watch.

Nice pic, moves really slow.

[edit on 28/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Wow this thing looks to be a monster, my mother was just told to go to a shelter and she is over 100 miles inland!

prayers for your Mom, Ed! Hope all turns out well for her.

on a different note . . . .

angels playing with their haarp would be proud

[edit on 28-8-2005 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 28-8-2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
looks like there will be rain, and possably thunder all over the us, connection do you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Prayers for those on ATS who are affected by this hurricane. I've heard nothing good coming out of the media regarding this. I hope the media is all wrong.

*Remembers Camille (8/17/1969) and the devestation. My family drove through 2 days after it hit. I was only 6 years old, but I still remember.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
NBC affiliate from New Orleans have evacuated their studios, their broadcasting from Orlando while the New Orleans staff gets out of dodge.

you can watch their live broadcast here
www.wdsu.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm shocked that such big names like Brian Williams and Sheppard Smith are in New Orleans and staying there

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm shocked that such big names like Brian Williams and Sheppard Smith are in New Orleans and staying there

They're staying in some larger, sturdier buildings. The CNN crew were operating from hallways on the 4th floor.

They'll be well protected

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I hope so Nerd, i would hate to see anything happen to either one of those two, who from CNN is down there? don't tell me it's Anderson Cooper

[edit on 8-28-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That suprised me as well! There will be no where to escape to once this moves in.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

It's called ratings, boys and girls.

As far as using the Superdome as a shelter, to be honest, these people are lucky the mayor authorized this. In 1998 when Hurricane Georges hit, the mayor at the time opened the Dome. Well the people were po'ed cos there was not food. In the end they stole furniture. At that time, they said the Dome would never be used again. Luckily, we have a good mayor in NO right now, who actually seems to be looking out for the best interest of his citizens. (An uncorrupt politician in LA is VERY rare.)

to Mayor Nagin!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Obviously there are many that simply cannot leave the area, for a number of reasons, and will have to enter an emergency shelter, yet as demonstrated in the video there are also many who are simply too stubborn/stupid/fill in the blank to heed the warnings.

Regarding leaving, it's a hard choice. My mother lives in NO and it took a lot for me to get her butt over to me. ( I'm north of Lake Pontchartrain in a "safe" area.) But bottom line is that there are a lot of elderly people who have not family, no car, no one to help them. If I still lived in NO, I would not be able to leave because of my four dogs. (I don't think a hotel would appreciate a 140 Rottie
) You do what you have to do and hope for the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join