It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Katrina Data & Resources Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
415 mile diameter for hurricane Katrina

150 mile diameter for hurricane Charlie

Not counting the center of the hurricane(Main red zone)

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I havent seen skys likes that in years. Bare in mind its 4:25pm on a summer's day! It should be bright skys.

[edit on 28/8/05 by subz]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ah, looks like, dam I forgot.

Looks like... an eclips. Thats what I was going to say.

How far in land do you think it will come?

[edit on 28/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The other two webcams (French Quarter and Bridge) are not responding any more. It could be the server is at maximum capacity or that the power has been cut in the area.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Surrealist
415 mile diameter for hurricane Katrina

150 mile diameter for hurricane Charlie

Not counting the center of the hurricane(Main red zone)

One only has to look at the satellite imagery to see that Katrina covers [prob] over 75-80% of the ENTIRE Gulf of Mexico.

This storm is so enormous it's actually awe-inspiring. Ole' Mother Earth has seemingly outdone herself with this one. WOW!

As has been mentioned in prior posts, as well as numerous media sources, there is every probability that as she moves over warmer waters she will gather even more strength, power, and verocity.

I hope, for the sake of ALL Americans, that I'm wrong with the following:

Having such a well defined eye [packing such a tight punch], and the potential for a surge in overall strength, due to passing over the warmest waters in the region as she reaches landfall, coupled with the landscape of the region of entry [per se] being relatively flat . . . Katrina will most likely not break-up/reduce that quickly after making landfall. Providing the ever present possibility to reach further inland, in terms of destruction, etc. than most[any] prior storm of this magnitude.

National Hurricane Center Strike Probability

[edit on 28-8-2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Blank, blank, run, blank. etc

The news dousnt really show the absolute truth of the situation, the television, it seems as though they try to ensure us that it wont hardly be as bad as we all think that it will be. I mean, I wouldnt doubt them on there statisticle purpose, with mph and such, but when it comes to the future, all they know is there own optimism, wich could get people killed.

Were is everyone getting the web cams?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Surrealist
Were is everyone getting the web cams?

Louisiana Web Cam List

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Those idiots over at FoxNews posted the links to the webcams this morning and have been directing viewers to them.

An hour later most of them were swamped and went offline.

Dammit!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Compare this to the above web cam capture. This is 20 minutes later, notice the causeway in the distance is pretty much enveloped by cloud/rain. Its phenomenal.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Fox News, Mabey they should stay more up to date, lol

Thanks for the link subz

Pic above, mabey they should get out faster.

[edit on 28/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Those idiots over at FoxNews posted the links to the webcams this morning and have been directing viewers to them.

An hour later most of them were swamped and went offline.

Dammit!

On another note:

I wonder who Fox/NBC/CBS/ABC/etc will assign to do the "Live on the scene" reporting tomorrow a.m.

I personally feel sorry for that individual!
:O)

Not that this is a joking matter at all . . . but, as always, what better time to get the scoop and a few ratings points as well.

Such a sad state of media affairs.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The eye is a appearing on the NOLA radar. Because of the curvature of the Earth the only part of the eye that you 'see' on radar is the very top of it. As the eye gets closer it will be full of red, pink, purple and white. I fully expect NOLA to loose their radar as the storm approaches.

radar.weather.gov...

Edit: the radar link!

[edit on 28-8-2005 by jrod]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that the superdome was built to withstand 135 mph winds. Why are they massing people inside?!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mxboy15u
I just heard on the news that the superdome was built to withstand 135 mph winds. Why are they massing people inside?!

They have no where else to go.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
no the superdome is meant to withstand 200mph winds that's why they are using it, plus it is a few feet above sea level...18 i think.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Here's a scene of National Guardsmen herding civilians into the SuperDome today.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just got the word that the networks are preparing Special Reports.

Brian Williams is being pushed into the Area. Will update soon

Oh heres an amusing piece

Shep Smith is on Fox News interviewing, via cell phone, some holdouts in a bar on Bourbon Street. Shep just asked one of the patrons 'Why are you still here?'

'None of your #in' business,' came the reply from the patron, apparently not concerned about Mother Nature, nor the FCC.

'Hey that was just on international TV, we apologize for that,' said Shep, and everyone back in the studio chimed in with apologies."

Naturally Uncle Nerdling provides you with video of the F word and Sheps fair and balanced hair. Not even the Hurricane could move that hairline.

tiger.towson.edu...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My concern is moreso that she will move inland faster and more intact than prior storms of this magnitude, due to the overall flat terrain in that area of the south.

With such a defined eye, and by gaining such enormous enery just prior to maikng landfall, this storm could easily punch 100+ miles inland before starting to [so-called] break up, and have very destructive effects throughout multiple states into even the SE midwest [per se].

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Naturally Uncle Nerdling provides you with video of the F word and Sheps fair and balanced hair. Not even the Hurricane could move that hairline.

I saw that on live international television, and it was pretty f'n funny

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
After seeing Nerdlings video clip I find myself feeling even more sorrow for the folks that are still in New Orleans and the general vicinity.

Obviously there are many that simply cannot leave the area, for a number of reasons, and will have to enter an emergency shelter, yet as demonstrated in the video there are also many who are simply too stubborn/stupid/fill in the blank to heed the warnings.

Not to sound morbid but the reporter should have gotten the guy's name to verify his identity, as he will probably be floating somewhere tomorrow.

Some men you just can't reach . . .

:O(

Seeing that I'm a human being with at least a little bit of common sense, as well as a father of 3 children, I would definitely be using every asset at my disposal to get the H out of Dodge!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join