It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting find on google maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Has anyone looked at beenmapped.com, it has some pretty cool finding on it. There is one in particular of some secret bas or airfield in arizona. If you go to the site, then go to the top 20 finds it is is listed as the secret base of the black helicopters. Does anyone know what this field is used for?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Screen captures from 4 angles:

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

Anyone have additional info?

i.e. name, command, mission, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, it's pretty obvious for a "secret" base. I would expect at least a little attempt at camouflage for a place where the "black helicopters" were based.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The helicopter visible is consistent with the HH-60's flown by the 563rd Rescue Group based at Davis-Monthan AFB, which is about 70 miles away. I've been unable to ascertain whether the Group has a separate facility, however.

I think calling the helicopter "black" is a stretch. There isn't enough resolution in the photo to tell what color it is. Interesting find, though.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
ideas which spring to mind are :

USN / USMC training site for carrier / amphibious warfare vessel operations

i imafine each paved area is the exact size of the deck of a tawara clas LDH or something similar

talk of " black helicopters " and "secret bases " is just silly

YRS - APE

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
good call on that, just an interesting looking place.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't wish to become one of those agressive debunkers but I do have a legitimate question... Helicopters do NOT need runways to take off or land... Why then would this "secret" base need 4 runways that are too short for conventional winged aircraft but far too long for the needs of helicopter??? It would seem to me that such a vast amount of blacktop would certainly attract attention and scrutiny for something that is supposed to be "secret." Secondly, is it just me of do those images look like computer generated images... perhaps the type that you might find in a video game?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The images are from google earth. In google earth you can rotate the pictures around giving them that feel like they are from a video game. I would not say it's a secret base, it's just weird having 4 runways all lined up in the middle of the desert like that. It's probably just some military training facility.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For what it's worth . . .

My posting of the screen shots was simply to give everyone a thorough view, even if they couldn't use Google Earth.

I make no claims as to what this site is.

I, too, was curious as to why there are landing strips for a supposed helicopter base.

Questioning the rather short landing strips . . . the prior post regarding an aircraft carrier, etc. seems to make sense, or at least something that requires only a brief ground-based takeoff distance.

As for being located [out in the desert] . . . I don't find all that uncommon, where else to train, etc.

Just my thoughts.

Peace2All

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why are all the runways lined up in one direction? Does the wind never change direction? it makes no sense to have four runways all in the same direction. Unless of course it only has helicopters and no VSTOl planes or any planes at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Helicopters do use runways...ofcourse they can take off/land vertically, but the helicopter base I live near they land on the runway, kinda like a very short landing and take off kinda deal.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you give me a specific location in Arizona I'll take a drive out there and shoot you some close ups, forget the satellite.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
If you give me a specific location in Arizona I'll take a drive out there and shoot you some close ups, forget the satellite.

Southeast of I-10 and S. Picacho Blvd.

About a mile or two past the Harmon Rd/S. Picacho Blvd. intersection on the left.

Not sure of your location in AZ, but that's as specific as I can give you.

Hell, actual digital/whatever photos are always better than any Sat. pics.

Thanx for the offer, and I hope the directions/location are helpful.

Git 'Er Done

[edit on 29-8-2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I scanned an image from a Phoenix sectional chart that shows it's a heliport located half way between Phoenix and Tucson, approximately two mile west of I-10. Unfortunately, I don't know how to insert the scanned image here without having to go to a picture sharing website. If someone can tell me how to insert this image I'll be glad to do it. In any case, here is the airport description where you can get a map and other info on this field. Also, here is an article that describes a problem the National Guard is having with a developer who plans to build homes near the field. In this article, the Guard describes what they use it for. BTW: There is nothing secretive about this heliport as there is no restricted or prohibited airspace around it.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
where exactly in AZ did you find that? just curious because I used to live 1 mile from the boeing factory that builds the AH-64 Apache/longbow attack helicopter, there were always blackhawk choppers in the area flying around, and landing in the fields next to the plant. Also, when they complete a new series of Apache, they test flight them right there at the plant, then fly them all to a holding location. Maybe that is where they hold these Apache's and such to wait for trasport to different bases accross the US. I found out about this because I once applied for a job there. Cool looking place on the inside, but security was extremely tight, employees are searched every night before they go home.

top topics

join