It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dragons" Photographed over Tibet!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

A photo of two peculiar dragon-shaped objects taken from a plane flying over Tibet’s Himalayas piqued many users’ interest when displayed on a Chinese website. The photographer is an amateur.
On June 22, 2004, the photographer went to Tibet’s Amdo region to attend the Qinghai-to-Xizang Railroad laying ceremony, and then took a plane from Lhasa to fly back inland. When flying over the Himalaya’s, he accidentally caught these two "dragons" in a picture that he took. He called these two objects "the Tibet dragons."

Looking at the photo, these two objects appear to have the characteristics of crawling creatures: The bodies seem to be covered by scales, the backs have spine-like protuberances, and also they have gradually thinning rear ends. Although the photo caught only a portion of the entire scene, it was sufficient create the appearance of two gigantic dragons flying in the clouds.

Full article HERE!!!

Well, from the photos it's hard to tell what they are. I hope they're dragons though. Maybe they're pteradactyls or something else entirely.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, I'm not sure about those photos. I'd love to believe they are dragons, but to me they like some kind of Geographic feature....a ridge of some kind, it looks far too "flat" and uniform to be a creature of any kind.....but thats just my personal opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is a very interesting story, but you got to be kidding me on the photos.
They can not even be clicked to be enlarged. Bummer.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly. The first pic is very capitivating, while the second cannot be even slighty assertained as to where this supposed dragon is.

Let's hope a photoshop expert can help us with this here.

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I made the pictures a little bigger in photoshop hope it helps

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Thug69]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I zoomed in using a plugin in Firefox, and now that you can see it up close, I'm sure you'll agree it looks more like a mountain or ridge than any kind of flying beast, oui?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It looks very much like a mountain terain. If one looks right under the 'body' of the dragon, we see two more similar bodies. Though, at first glance, it may seem like the body of a dragon swimming through the clouds, I belive it to be just a simply mountainess terain wrongly mistaken for myth.

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
They can not even be clicked to be enlarged. Bummer.

seekerof

If you click on the bottom where it says "Read it in Chinese", that page has clickable pics that become larger, but only this big.

EDIT: Looks like a contrail.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by curme]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not bad though any pictures are subject to the skeptics these photlab days. But interesting just the same.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
There is no question they are mountains. When zoomed in like that you can clearly see the jagged "scales". Also some of the "scales" are facing the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hey, thanks curme, much appreciated.

I did not click it cause I do not read Chinese.

And I agree, not seeing much, other than what you mentioned.
Beautiful picture [the second one] though.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think it's a road or some other natural feature on the landscape, but while saying that I do have to admit, it does sort of look like a dragon's tail. fascinating, and good find btw Nottoohappy

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Clearly mountains, that dragon would be... a bit big

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They look like tire tracks... but that would be insane hugh tire tracks... so therefore it cannot be tire tracks...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ice Rivers.

Ever been to or seen pics of glaciers? The tails of those dragons would have to be EXTREMELY big, im talking kilometers long here not 20 or 30 feet.

Ice Rivers.

jra

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That is without a doubt glaciers or rivers of ice as Master Wu said. From looking at google maps, I can see that there are a number of them in the southern areas of Tibet.

Some visual examples of glacier ice rivers.

www.welcometoalaska.com...

people.freenet.de...

www.susanmilne.com...

And here's a view of some in the Tibet area on google maps.
maps.google.com...,86.735001&spn=0.330977,0.564903&t=k&hl=en

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They are obviously part of the mountain. Those dragons would be huge. How it ripples like that may be wind blow snow, or a distorted contrail due to the mountain's turbulence.

Those pictures were terrible and of questionible quality, this is a pretty sure indication that it is a hoax just like the others.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Those pics are obviously photos of a glacier. 1) They are extremely huge. 2) Glaciers are made up of "dirty ice" causeing them to look darker than the snow on the surrounding mountain tops or, because they are below the elevation of the light that is reflecting from the mountain tops, i.e. in the shadows of the mountains. 4) Just look at JRA's posted links to pics of glaciers.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You would have to be pretty insane to think those are dragons. It is definitely a land feature and the two objects also join into one. As soon as i saw that photo i wanted to kill someone, i really do hate idiots.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
funny detractors.
if it looks too real, it's photoshopped or faked, somehow.
i wonder how y'all'll fair if "christ" returns in your lifetime.

dragons scales have been OVERWHELMINGLY proven to grow in a certain recognisable pattern.
perspective is what i DEEM it to be.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join